Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<891011>
ScrappinGwen Offline
#271 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 6:53:03 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 845 time(s) in 659 post(s)
Very nice job Jean!

I love all the spiders on the LO page! lol

I remember way back when Jean sent me one of those pop top cans. I thought it was pretty darn cool too! Was new to me too.

Enjoy!
CricutCrazy Offline
#272 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 10:27:25 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1089 time(s) in 799 post(s)
I have been enjoying all of the wonderful contents of these boxes...everyone is doing a great job ! Give me some wonderful ideas to go on for next year !! 'Love
JeanP Offline
#273 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 6:14:51 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 803 post(s)
Glad you enjoyed everything!!!!! I thought the little jars were cute even if they were simple. Figured the boys would like themLOL I tried to give you an assortment of die cuts to use for your boys! This was my first album tin and I really wanted to keep itBigGrin

The pop top can is really easy and surprises everyone. One time I put in M&M's with the person's name on them. She thought I must have ordered the whole thing!!!!!

Just buy any can that has a pop top. You have to cut out the bottom using the new type of can opener that doesn't leave the sharp top. Most of the new ones cut around the edge so nothing is sharp.

Decorate and fill the can and then just glue the bottom on. Super easy.

amylendall Offline
#274 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 5:59:16 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post

No update on the other pkgs. Not expecting them to be delivered until Monday or Tuesday.

Though AmyL's is getting near to her state. She won't be home til after the weekend though. SO I hope it doesn't land on her front porch tomorrow! I'll have to text her and hope she receives my text out where they are camping.

thanks so much Gwynne for the scare I mean update over the weekend! LOL I always try to remember to put my phone in my pocket before I leave camp for the day so if someone has text me it will come through! I never know where I am going to pick up a signal! dh thinks I am crazy cuz I always charge and carry my phone with me! vacation is over back to work today Mellow dh took today off for an extra day of vacation after the vacation! Mad wish that was me! oh well I don't get paid vacation so off to work I go! hope to see more wonderful packages arriving today!

ScrappinGwen Offline
#275 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 6:20:23 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I just checked DC#s, and so far nothing has updated to say it's out for delivery. But if they don't arrive today, they will tomorrow as they are all either in the correct city or appear to have made their last check in before arriving to the final city/town.

ScrappinGwen Offline
#276 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 10:58:07 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I just checked DC#s again and all pkgs. are out for delivery or available for PU at PO, EXCEPT for Beetlebugmart's pkg.

That one is slated to deliver tomorrow and hopefully it will be on time!
JeanP Offline
#277 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 11:13:36 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

So we will all be drooling for the next few days when packages arrive and pictures get postedBigGrin BigGrin
amylendall Offline
#278 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 5:40:48 PM(UTC)
amylendall

I saw that Gwynne had posted almost all boxes out for delivery at work so when I got home I hurried to check the mail no mail Huhso I ran an errand real quick for dh then checked again and checked the house(especially since dh and ds like to hide my swap boxes from me!)no box no mail! ok the mail isn't here yet so I waited outside for that mailman to come then he said I looked like I was waiting for something! I told him I was expecting a box he tried to tell me he didn't have anything for me but yet he knew my name!!Angry thanks beetlebugmart for all the fun goodies! I took pictures ate a piece of candy took more pics ate another piece! must get dinner taken care of then I will edit and post pics! I can't wait to laminate and put magnets on some of this stuff for my Halloween bus!!
Scrapin*Creations Offline
#279 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 11:27:39 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 106 post(s)
Wonderful creations Jean & Gwynne

Jean, Thanks for the instruction on the pop top can. Might have to try making one.

Gwynne, love the sizzix card..what is the name of that die cut? I haven't heard of the spray..is it similar to glimmer mist?

Ali
ScrappinGwen Offline
#280 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:16:08 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Yes, Goosebumps spray is similar to the glimmer mists. They call it a texture spray. It comes in 3 different varieties. The SHIMMER one is the one I prefer and I haven't had any issues with it clogging on me.

The first time I bought it, I bought the matte texture spray. If I remember correctly, it would spray out in white dots. That is what I originally saw on blogs back when it first came out and it was in the winter so it was a neat looking spray to buy. white dots = snow drops

But it clogs! I later read online that others were having same issue.

I also have a bottle of clear texture spray (it doesn't say shimmer on it) but I don't think I've used it yet.

I think the first time I really used it and found advantages to the shimmer spray was this summer when I was in the ticket swap doing summer themed tickets. I just loved how it not only put a shine onto the tickets but it also strengthened them up. So now if I diecut something (like leaves) and the paper feels flimsey to me, I spray it with goosebumps and it strengthens the diecut and feels sturdier to me or feels like it won't tatter if a portion of the leaf or diecut is hanging off the edge of the paper, etc.

Just something that has caught my attention this year.

I've bought mine at my local J's, with coupon or on sale, and the price is fair. I see that M's carries one of the varities now but it's more expensive there. But I've noticed that about M's on several items lately. Not just 50 cents higher but like $2 higher! That is so not right! So it pays to shop around and compare prices right now.

I notice same pricing difference with glossy accents too. But I think my local ACM is the cheapest there, but again, by like $2. Just nuts! Sadly, other then that glossy accents, my local ACM stinks in the scrapbooking dept these days. They are just not carrying anything of interest to me and nothing new.

ScrappinGwen Offline
#281 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:38:52 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

The accordian witch card is made using the sizzix accordian die plus you also need the companion die to go with it. Check out this Utube video to explain:

http://www.bing.com/vide...88582806C070081F144D8858
 2 users thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
JeanP on 10/22/2013(UTC), Scrapin*Creations on 10/22/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#282 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:25:32 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Well surprise! surprise! I was just complaining that everytime I check DC for Hannah's pkg. that it doesn't show any updates which was starting to upset me! lol So I am so happy to log on and see that you received it yesterday Hannah! Phew! I was so afraid it was lost along the way....

Look forward to seeing the last of the pics for this swap.

LadyKing, great idea for the potions!

Edited by user Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:27:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

beetlebugmart Offline
#283 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:49:02 AM(UTC)
beetlebugmart

United States

Was thanked: 206 time(s) in 136 post(s)
I received my incredible box yesterday from Charlina King, aka Lady King. Thanks for everything, Charlina! My DD helped me unpack and she thought everything was for her! She also enjoyed my candy! I think you did great for your first swap. Now,let me see if I can get pictures posted.
beetlebugmart attached the following image(s):
rsz_100_8009.jpg
rsz_100_8010.jpg
rsz_100_8011.jpg
rsz_100_8014.jpg
rsz_100_8018.jpg
rsz_100_8022.jpg
rsz_100_8023.jpg
rsz_100_8026.jpg
rsz_100_8034.jpg
rsz_100_8039.jpg
 1 user thanked beetlebugmart for this useful post.
Lady King on 10/23/2013(UTC)
beetlebugmart Offline
#284 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:00:43 AM(UTC)
beetlebugmart

United States

Finally!! 1.Potions-Bath and Body Works hand sanitizers and beverage labels on picture 3. 2.Make 3 Witches-Orange and Black polka dot ribbon, pop dots and brads. 3.Beverage labels. 4.Pumpkins-Stamp set, stamp block, green ink pad. 5.No tricks, just treats-Magnet tape, Action wobble springs, Washi tape, and winter favors. 6.Hot Cocoa mix in cute little carriers that Charlina made. 6.Halloween storage that she put vinyl cutouts on. There is also a mini album that she made. I will post pictures of that later.

Yes, sorry Gwynne. I got it yesterday but the internet didn't want to work so had to wait.

Hannah
ScrappinGwen Offline
#285 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:45:34 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Very nice job on all the interpretations for the words! You did just fine on everything LadyKing!

Enjoy Hannah!

We need to hear from LadyKing - she received her pkg. yesterday too
And Candy hasn't checked in to say whether she's picked up her pkg. yet at the PO

Ali is picking hers up today as she has to travel to town but it will be tomorrow before she can post pics.
CandyHazzard Offline
#286 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:33:10 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
DH picked up a parcel for me at the PO this morning, but he's not coming home tonight Crying so I should get it some time late tomorrow.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#287 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:46:02 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

thanks for the update Candy!
#288 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:30:47 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Thanks so much Ashley (Scrappinmomma)for my goodies.
first pic is of all the goodies wrapped. 2nd pic "Orange", 3rd pic "Grunge" TH ink and "Steampunk" gears, 4th pic "No tricks, just treats" Christmas stickers, 5th pic "Mask" mini album and final pic kit kat bars. DH and sons had to have some ..LOL

Thanks again,
Ali

Edited by user Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:42:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
DSC05081.JPG (1,050kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
Scrapin*Creations attached the following image(s):
DSC05083.JPG
DSC05085.JPG
DSC05087.JPG
DSC05089.JPG
DSC05091.JPG
ScrappinGwen Offline
#289 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:16:57 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Thanks for posting pics Ali. Hope you managed to sneak one of those kitkats away before the men in your life gobbled them up! lol

Put those crafting supplies to some good use in future swaps! One can never have enough TH gears or ink!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:42:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lady King Offline
#290 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:35:00 AM(UTC)
Lady King

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I'm sorry my internet is still down in my apartment building. My package came on Monday I had a lot of wondering items in my box.

tim hotz embossing folders
two zig two way pens
stamp set
3 homemade cards which I used one today for a student in my classroom.
tons of halloween cut outs which I am also using this weekend.
kit kat bars which I ate while unwraping my items.

Thank you so much I'm sorry I couldn't post any pictures for I am using a computer at the library before I go homw. I enjoyed this being my first swap look forward to the next one I have to run now

Thank you
CandyHazzard Offline
#291 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:44:48 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I got my goodies today from Jcreate ... an adorable altered C, a bottle of goo-gone with a witches hat BigGrin , a cute altered pumpkin box full of die cuts, orange glitter, an awesome canvas with witches shoes ... some witch die cuts, and the greatest banner that's Halloween on one side and Christmas on the other ... thank you so much
CandyHazzard attached the following image(s):
Picture 52.jpg
Picture 53.jpg
Picture 54.jpg
ScrappinGwen Offline
#292 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:48:40 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Ha Ha! love the idea of the goo gone in the witch's hat! Clever idea!

Great interpretation on everything and the vertical banner is wonderful idea too!

Enjoy it all Candy!
bklynborn Offline
#293 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:25:39 PM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 136 post(s)
loving everyone's goodies. another great swap to be in.

thanks gwynne
JeanP Offline
#294 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:53:03 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

I don't think we have seen all the pictures have we? Did Amyl post hers?

Don't want to miss out on any ideasBigGrin
ScrappinGwen Offline
#295 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:54:05 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Correct-- Amy has not posted pics and LadyKing has indicated that she is unable to post pics. Maybe Amy took pictures of what she sent LadyKing and can post for her?

Otherwise, this swap is complete and I thank everyone for mailing on time. Makes for a stress free swap when that happens!

We had a nice mixture of experienced swappers and newer swappers. I hope the newer swappers have taken notes on how the experienced swappers handled their ideas and were able to make more then they bought and were able to create some pretty neat Halloween themed projects for their SS.

It's a learning curve with swapping and the newer swappers will be amazed at how much you learn and see and can tuck away for future swaps.

I hope you each will step up to the challenge to create more projects, with them getting more involved or a higher degree of difficulty as you gain experience this next year in your swapping endeavors. And remember, it's all the little touches to a project that take it from average to "wow!"

Enjoy your future swapping!

Edited by user Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:01:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#296 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:59:25 AM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for posting pics Ali. Hope you managed to sneak one of those kitkats away before the men in your life gobbled them up! lol

Put those crafting supplies to some good use in future swaps! One can never have enough TH gears or ink!

You're Welcome Gwynne

I was able to sneak some away. thought I'd share something funny..The other day I got some snicker bites for my scrap studio. I decided I'll put them in the laundry room til I went out again to my scrap studio (my scrap area is not connected to the house) and DH found them. I thought it was too funny. I have an area in the laundry room that I put things that I'll later take out to my scrap studio. DH and the boys are always looking forward to swap boxes to see if there is candy. LOL

I agree you can never have enough TH stuffBigGrin

scrappin'momma Offline
#297 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:58:41 PM(UTC)
scrappin'momma

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapin*Creations Go to Quoted Post
Thanks so much Ashley (Scrappinmomma)for my goodies.
first pic is of all the goodies wrapped. 2nd pic "Orange", 3rd pic "Grunge" TH ink and "Steampunk" gears, 4th pic "No tricks, just treats" Christmas stickers, 5th pic "Mask" mini album and final pic kit kat bars. DH and sons had to have some ..LOL

Thanks again,
Ali

Very welcome!! Glad you enjoyed it!
beetlebugmart Offline
#298 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:58:58 PM(UTC)
beetlebugmart

United States

I'm wondering when Amy L will post pics of the things I sent her. Monday she said she was going to but never did. I would have posted but forgot to take pictures before I mailed out.

Hannah
amylendall Offline
#299 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 5:14:47 PM(UTC)
amylendall

sorry I didn't get pics posted! I got my package , got busy with other things, then the dumb internet went down AGAIN!! ugh Cursing I finally found time to call them yesterday they came out today got me all fixed up so now I can post pics!!Wub Wub and before I start posting pics everything is all mine I am being greety and not sharing anything with anyone!!
File Attachment(s):
halloween1.jpg (1,080kb) downloaded 39 time(s).
halloween2.jpg (1,218kb) downloaded 37 time(s).
halloween3.jpg (1,458kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
halloween4.jpg (1,184kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
halloween5.jpg (1,267kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
halloween6.jpg (1,289kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
halloween7.jpg (1,162kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
halloween8.jpg (1,256kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
halloween9.jpg (1,615kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
ScrappinGwen Offline
#300 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:59:33 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Great pile of goodies from Hannah!

Love the idea of the dracula on the coffin. and great job on the diecut choices for Amy.

Enjoy!