Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

txwildcattershockeyea885ffa Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:30:12 PM(UTC)
txwildcattershockeyea885ffa

Groups: Registered

Hello, my name is Bradley. I am currently trying to help my grandmother with her Cricut Expression. I know almost nothing about Cricut products or how they work, however as my grandmother's "little munchkin" I'm obligated to help her with any techinical troubles that she has.

So my grandmother has a Cricut Expression, and as far as my understanding goes, the physical cartridges she owns should appear in Design Studio once plugged into the Expression device. However this is not the case. Nothing appears and it seems as if nothing changes in the program. We can still print/cut from DesignStudio to the Cricut Expression, the only issue is getting the Physical cartridges to the actual computer.

If anyone could help me out with this issue, you will save my ears from being talked off for a week or so (until she my grandmother has another technology crisis), and I will be eternally thankful. Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope to hear from the forum soon.
Barbi Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:45:37 PM(UTC)
Barbi

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 57 post(s)
silly first ? -- is the cartridge loaded in the machine before you select cut?
Or which cartridge are you using? I only ask because there are some that do not work dependent on when it was released....
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:50:11 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Make sure the latest version of DS as well as the two cartridge updates are installed on the computer. You'll find the link at the bottom of the support menu. (Top right of this page).

PC discontinued DS in May this year and are no longer releasing anymore cartridge updates to it. You can read more about that here: http://myfaqcricutds.blogspot.c...sign-studio-updates.html

All the available carts will appear in the All by Category library in DS. You can bookmark the carts that you own by double clicking one from the All by Category library so its keypad shows on screen, then select the preferences menu and select My Cartridge. Repeat for each cart she owns. She will still have to insert the cartridge in the machine when she goes to cut though as there is no way to permenantly link carts to DS.