Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

wramirez29d52bf5c7 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 7:56:47 PM(UTC)
wramirez29d52bf5c7

Groups: Registered

hi. i recently updated to windows 8.1, and suddenly can't cut anything on my cricut personal cutter. i get an error message saying "please insert the George and Basic Shapes cartridge", but it's already installed. i can print from an older comp running windows 7, but my new comp won't work. any suggestions? Thanks!

K
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 8:45:02 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wramirez29d52bf5c7 Go to Quoted Post
hi. i recently updated to windows 8.1, and suddenly can't cut anything on my cricut personal cutter. i get an error message saying "please insert the George and Basic Shapes cartridge", but it's already installed. i can print from an older comp running windows 7, but my new comp won't work. any suggestions? Thanks!

K

Hello, you can try uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. This has worked for many users.

-Cricut Gena
adi.stamp6b8121cf Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:55:41 AM(UTC)
adi.stamp6b8121cf

I am there with you. Updated to Windows 8.1 and my computer no longer communicates with my expression. My husband uninstalled and re-installed CCR on my computer and still won't work. If any one has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:29:54 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Right click on the CCR icon on your desktop. You should be able to see a COMPATABILITY tab and should be able to use Windows 7 on your Windows 8.1. Not sure what Windows 8.1 is; but, see if you can use Windows 7 in that Compatability window. I would unplug your CRICUT before booting down and reboot your computer; then plug in your CRICUT to see if your computer sees the new hardware and retry.

Char
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:11:39 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7902 time(s) in 3704 post(s)
I didn't think 8.1 was available till Thursday.... I'll know not to download it now...

I read yesterday that Microsoft pulled 8.1 for tablets because of problems it caused....
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:06:52 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Maybe you can delete the new update?

Char
nancyh Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:12:02 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 645 time(s) in 483 post(s)
I had to call CS and have a senior tech do connect to my computer to fix my problem. When I tried to open ccr, within seconds my computer screen would go black. They did the compatibility with windows 7 (which for some reason it wasn't letting me do that), and did run as an administrator and now it works fine. So if you are having issues and can't fix it on your own, give CS a call.
 1 user thanked nancyh for this useful post.
huntleyrobin97823f0f on 10/29/2013(UTC)
LazyBee Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:24:42 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello, you can try uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. This has worked for many users.

-Cricut Gena

Uninstalled, reinstalled, a couple of times. Ended up changing default browser to Chrome as Internet explorer not working at all with Cricut.com...after doing this and the unistall, reinstalls the Expression seems to be communicating with CCR. The Imagine communicates ...but is stuck in the sending information to Imagine mode in both CCR and Cricut Sync...off and all on all evening I've had issues just getting logged into CCR. I did go in and changed my compatability to Win 7 for everything and also reinstalled the drivers for both machines...but not a full proof problem solver. IMHO it is time for Provo to make some updates to CCR, Cricut Sync, and any other programs that use or otherwise utilize Internet Explorer and any internet based/cloud rendering. A very good reason why the Gypsy is so nice to have. When companies like Microsoft advertise they are updating the operating system...it would be nice to know that those companies that are cloud based and do not have stand alone software were on top of the updates so their customers are not blown out of the water and have to wait weeks or months (as we have in the past) for updates to get us up and running. Another good reason not to rely wholly on digital...at least I can craft using the cartridge.

All this because I wanted to make a card for the baby blanket I finished that needs to go to Germany...would have been quicker to go to the store!

Edited by user Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:27:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 12:01:48 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)

I'm sorry yo are having issues, I wish I could help... Have you called customer service. they really helped me when I was having issues with my cricut...
crystal1cebfbef Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 7:39:46 PM(UTC)
crystal1cebfbef

I had this problem and just fixed it. I uninstalled craft room and the cricut driver. Then I downloaded the program again and re-installed it. I also updated my Adobe Air to the most current version. Everything is working perfect now...