Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MelindaRapacz Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:33:00 AM(UTC)
MelindaRapacz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Interesting article, I thought some of you would enjoy!

http://svgcuts.com/blog/...design-space-and-aircut/
 5 users thanked MelindaRapacz for this useful post.
jenny dennis on 11/9/2013(UTC), CocoasMom on 11/9/2013(UTC), shylalp on 11/9/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 11/9/2013(UTC), rhondah* on 11/9/2013(UTC)
ChelaDones Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 2:41:40 AM(UTC)
ChelaDones

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 109 post(s)
Yeah!!!!BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Thanks for posting this link!!!

~Angela
deleted Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 5:27:19 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
It is an interesting article.

Quote:
Based on the “ designing and creating customized art images that are cut out and printed by electronic cutting machines ” description, it sounds like Provo Craft may finally be giving their users the freedom to cut their own designs and/or use designs from other sources (SVGCuts.com etc).

Boy - I just don't see them going to the open .svg market though. I really see this machine using the Cricut carts and designs and allow you to print with your printer and cut with their machine - and some freedom as far as altering the designs (as you can already do in CCR).

They have to be feeling a bit of a ding in the market though.

And the "new" machine - Cricut Explore - so far it looks like just a trademark application - to protect the name of it. No sight of an actual patent, so it would be quite aways down the development pipe, IMO.

It's always fun to speculate and guess and see what other think about it also! :)
jenny dennis Online
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 6:36:18 AM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 16333 time(s) in 3946 post(s)
Very Interesting!!!
Mary R. Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 1:52:34 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Thanks for link and interesting read BigGrin. Even if PC provides an SVG capability, don't think I'll play along. I prefer the cartridge base system---I can't draw/design. That is why I love, love, love CCR it makes my crafting go easier and I enjoy it more. I'm sure the newer machine will be great though for the members who are very artistic and creative.

Best, Mary R.

MTA:
Just had to pass this along I thought it was hysterical.

PC sent me an email requesting input on their products blah, blah, blah...they said the survey would take 20 minutes. The first question is your age, I answered '67' and the next message from PC was "Thank you for your time'. LOL LOL LOL If you're old PC doesn't care about your opinionThumbDown... That's business I guess.

Edited by user Saturday, November 09, 2013 7:58:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added information

Polarbearla Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 2:07:26 PM(UTC)
Polarbearla

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I prefer the cartridge base system as well. I don't like digital. I am not interested in Cricut Craft Room and all the digital cuts. I like to spend my money on stuff that I can physically hold!! My husband and I used to play a lot of MMORPG games online. Many of them now you have to buy extra features online to play them in game. The problem comes when these games shut down and some people have spent several hundred dollar purchasing all these extra features for their game and it's all gone POOF!! I am really skeptical about purchasing digital cut files online for that purpose. I don't like how disposable things are now days. You would think with technology it wouldn't be like that, but it seems like technology moves so fast that in only a couple years your tech device and all it's accessories is obsolete and you have to upgrade. It's really frustrating. I think I may go retro and go back to stamping. Yes, there are limitations but I prefer the security. I am really exhausted with trying to keep up with all this technology, not just with crafting but with everything else as well. I just need my crafting to be rather simple and not all that techie!! I love the cartridge base system but realize that's not where most people want to go and so I completely understand if Cricut needs to move in that direction. I don't think Stampin Up plans to go anywhere anytime soon, so that is probably where I will end up. But, I will enjoy my Cricut for as long as I can.
 1 user thanked Polarbearla for this useful post.
winzercastle on 11/9/2013(UTC)
deleted Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 3:51:05 PM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Polarbearla - I use digital files with a different machine and I actually physically have the files. I have them on my computer and I have them backed up on an external hard drive in case something happens to my computer. I can also re-download them from the source I bought them from. So all the systems are a little different, but I like having control of my files. I can work with them even if my internet is not working (which happens here a lot)

rhondah* Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 4:12:09 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 15399 time(s) in 9023 post(s)
TFS!
Ken's Kreations Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 8:43:03 PM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

United States

Was thanked: 1951 time(s) in 500 post(s)
I saw a patent a while ago on a print and cut machine that looked a lot like the "MACHINE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED" machine. I would love for cricut to follow through on this. I love the print and cut machines and they are working great (I am not talking about the imagine…so please regain from bashing on that machine). So hopefully it is that machine that PC is finally releasing because i would buy that in a heartbeat!! PLEASE!!!!
MaryStillman Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:26:35 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1248 time(s) in 791 post(s)
TFS. I agree about PC probably never going with the svg thing. But, if the newer software is computer based, I'm all for that. It would need to work with my current machine, the mini, since I already have a print and cut machine and won't be purchasing another machine. Yes, I do realize that print and cut won't work with the mini....just excited about a computer based software.

Mary

Momtozsm Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:04:33 PM(UTC)
Momtozsm

United States

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 51 post(s)
TFS. PC already had a machine that prints and cuts but they choose not to fix the minor problems, so they discontinued it. I love my Imagine. I did jump on the SVG sure cuts a lot band wagon, only to realize it was to much work. Hated to create base layers, in order for the cuts to fix together properly, alignment was always difficult. AND I hated being tied into my computer. My computer and and Expression are in different parts of my craft room and at times in other areas of my house.

ONE OF THE BEST DEVICES, next to the Expression that PC made was the gypsy.I take my gypsy everywhere with me. It's great for those long game practices, Drs. appts and car trips. I would love to be able to use my iPad with CCR. a portable device to design with that has a larger screen would be fantastic, especially now that PC discontinued the gypsy, another mistake. I keep praying that mine does not die.

1 user thanked Momtozsm for this useful post.
theproc0a14c052 on 11/11/2013(UTC)
MotoMomof2 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:31:02 PM(UTC)
MotoMomof2

Was thanked: 325 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Same for me, computer is no where near my craft area, no room for it in there. I use my gypsy all the time, haven't been putting of my new carts on it because I cant unlink them and don't think it will keep working for very long. If they did come out with a bigger gypsy type gadget I would jump on that in a heart beat. But it would have to be a stand alone thing, don't want to have to have internet to craft.
Sherri Kay Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:00:42 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2408 time(s) in 2160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Momtozsm Go to Quoted Post
TFS. PC already had a machine that prints and cuts but they choose not to fix the minor problems, so they discontinued it. I love my Imagine. I did jump on the SVG sure cuts a lot band wagon, only to realize it was to much work. Hated to create base layers, in order for the cuts to fix together properly, alignment was always difficult. AND I hated being tied into my computer. My computer and and Expression are in different parts of my craft room and at times in other areas of my house.

You have to create and align the layers with your Cricut images also. Don't get what you mean here, but I think that part is one in the same. Huh
jscraftylady Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:20:56 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2333 time(s) in 1252 post(s)
The part about software for a mobile device is interesting. The rest just sounds like playing catch up to machines that are already on the market.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
winzercastle on 11/16/2013(UTC)