Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
jenny dennis Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:25:18 PM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 8/5/2009(UTC)
Posts: 5,038

Thanks: 24402 times
Was thanked: 16856 time(s) in 4070 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I think they all went over to the discount kitchen websites.... Cool Seems to be where it's all happening these days.... Flapper


LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
tigger2000 Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:32:43 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/1/2012(UTC)
Posts: 126

Thanks: 60 times
Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Those of you still here; please don't go away! You are all such wonderful crafters! I don't post my creations because they are few and sometimes I feel like they are really not worth even posting because all of you are SOOOO GOOD at your crafts whereas my cards are very simple. I got my first cricut about 2 years ago on black Friday (a small personal) and loved it! Then my daughter in law got me the Expression for Christmas last year so I gave her my personal. I also love my expression! This year I got myself a cuttlebug that I love and also got the "other embossing machine" which I have not used yet. Maybe if I get my courage up this weekend I will post some of the cards I have made...Blushing
 1 user thanked tigger2000 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/13/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:39:25 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 15,055
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18612 times
Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tigger2000 Go to Quoted Post
Those of you still here; please don't go away! You are all such wonderful crafters! I don't post my creations because they are few and sometimes I feel like they are really not worth even posting because all of you are SOOOO GOOD at your crafts whereas my cards are very simple. I got my first cricut about 2 years ago on black Friday (a small personal) and loved it! Then my daughter in law got me the Expression for Christmas last year so I gave her my personal. I also love my expression! This year I got myself a cuttlebug that I love and also got the "other embossing machine" which I have not used yet. Maybe if I get my courage up this weekend I will post some of the cards I have made...Blushing


tigger2000.....I just saw you over on another forum; haven't seen you here before. WELCOME....sorry if you have been here and I just didn't notice.

Pleeeeeeeeeease post more. We WANT to see more people coming on and joining in with us. To tell you the truth, many times (and we've all heard this) "simple" is BETTER! I tend to go overboard a lot of times on my cards....one of my sisters has told me so! I've tried to "tone down" just for her, at least. I think she really taught me something; but, I don't want to really recognize it....she did help me.

So, please post your creations; don't be surprised if you don't get much response. We tend to get more onlookers than praisers/critics! Of course, who's going to really be critical. It's unbelievable how ALL the cards have their own unique flavor....and, you can't really be critical of any of them.

Can't wait to see what you bring to the plate; we're all waiting!

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 11/15/2013(UTC)
Coah'sNana Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:44:59 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 2/19/2011(UTC)
Posts: 7,680
Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Location: 'Almost Heaven' West Virginia

Thanks: 20436 times
Was thanked: 17184 time(s) in 4575 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tigger2000 Go to Quoted Post
Those of you still here; please don't go away! You are all such wonderful crafters! I don't post my creations because they are few and sometimes I feel like they are really not worth even posting because all of you are SOOOO GOOD at your crafts whereas my cards are very simple. I got my first cricut about 2 years ago on black Friday (a small personal) and loved it! Then my daughter in law got me the Expression for Christmas last year so I gave her my personal. I also love my expression! This year I got myself a cuttlebug that I love and also got the "other embossing machine" which I have not used yet. Maybe if I get my courage up this weekend I will post some of the cards I have made...Blushing


Would love to see your cards! You never know what inspiration others will take from them, and that's really the highest form of flattery, isn't it? BigGrin
 1 user thanked Coah'sNana for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 11/15/2013(UTC)
jenny dennis Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:21:45 PM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 8/5/2009(UTC)
Posts: 5,038

Thanks: 24402 times
Was thanked: 16856 time(s) in 4070 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tigger2000 Go to Quoted Post
Those of you still here; please don't go away! You are all such wonderful crafters! I don't post my creations because they are few and sometimes I feel like they are really not worth even posting because all of you are SOOOO GOOD at your crafts whereas my cards are very simple. I got my first cricut about 2 years ago on black Friday (a small personal) and loved it! Then my daughter in law got me the Expression for Christmas last year so I gave her my personal. I also love my expression! This year I got myself a cuttlebug that I love and also got the "other embossing machine" which I have not used yet. Maybe if I get my courage up this weekend I will post some of the cards I have made...Blushing


I wish you would!!! Some of the most beautiful cards are simple ones. Would love to see what you have created I am working on a Christmas Banner that I hope will be finished this weekend and I will post it when i'm done. Hope to see your cardsBigGrin
 1 user thanked jenny dennis for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 11/15/2013(UTC)
Di&Co Offline
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:34:29 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 8/12/2007(UTC)
Posts: 11,706
Canada
Location: Saskatchewan

Thanks: 5638 times
Was thanked: 21875 time(s) in 5381 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tigger2000 Go to Quoted Post
Those of you still here; please don't go away! You are all such wonderful crafters! I don't post my creations because they are few and sometimes I feel like they are really not worth even posting because all of you are SOOOO GOOD at your crafts whereas my cards are very simple. I got my first cricut about 2 years ago on black Friday (a small personal) and loved it! Then my daughter in law got me the Expression for Christmas last year so I gave her my personal. I also love my expression! This year I got myself a cuttlebug that I love and also got the "other embossing machine" which I have not used yet. Maybe if I get my courage up this weekend I will post some of the cards I have made...Blushing


The first thing that went through my brain was...have you seen my cards? LOL LOL LOL LOL I keep posting them because, well, it makes everyone feel better because Im not a card maker.

Seriously, the more you post, the more you make and the better you get at it. I am a very simple kind of crafter and my creations reflect that. Im a tomboy at heart and I just don't do shi shi poo poo very well.

So if you start posting, you'll instantly feel better when you look at my cards! No stress I promise! Wink
 1 user thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 11/15/2013(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:15:59 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/29/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,018
United States
Location: CT

Thanks: 647 times
Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
Sometimes I feel like no one cares what I post because not many reply or even look at it. It's ok if your not interested I just don't post as much as I used too.


ditto... people read a message but never respond so why bother posting.
Mary R. Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:29:54 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/29/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,018
United States
Location: CT

Thanks: 647 times
Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LaLaLand Go to Quoted Post
I used to live for this board but when they started that Circle business this board crashed. Now it seems like there isn't much going on and some of the topics I'm just not into. Maybe people got blogs to promote their crafts so they don't post too much here. And yes I agree sometimes I post a thread then no one replies and then I feel like a a loser. Boo hoo


LaLaLand, your statement is so true. Many members have their own blogs (I wish them the best of luck)and only came on to promote their blog. IMHO Once they had enough traffic, they stopped posting on this forum.

I admit BlushingBlushing I used to post my cards on the card forum but no comments (good or bad) left me feeling blueMellow & I figured no one cares; so I became a fan of Pinterest and post all my cards on Pinterest.

I lurk here every day (2 or 3 times a day)to see if I can join a discussion but I choose to lead a very boring life so I don't have much to say. Just so happy with my Cricut, love, love, love, CCR and the cartridge based system.

Best, Mary R.

Edited by user Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:07:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added additional text

Mary R. Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:31:27 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/29/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,018
United States
Location: CT

Thanks: 647 times
Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Di&Co. Go to Quoted Post
The first thing that went through my brain was...have you seen my cards? LOL LOL LOL LOL I keep posting them because, well, it makes everyone feel better because Im not a card maker.

Seriously, the more you post, the more you make and the better you get at it. I am a very simple kind of crafter and my creations reflect that. Im a tomboy at heart and I just don't do shi shi poo poo very well.

So if you start posting, you'll instantly feel better when you look at my cards! No stress I promise! Wink


You are too funny BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin.
CricketCMV Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:27:55 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 15,055
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18612 times
Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
I think we all get a little hurt when we only get a few likes or posts on our cards; I used to try to comment on almost every card I saw (for the most part I LOVED every card I have ever seen on here). AND, there have been plenty of times I have had the attention.

It is also fun to see how many people will look at your card....and that tells you a little something, too. People do look. Not everyone has time to comment. People are very busy. I pass over some, too, when I'm not in the mood (hurting a little more than usual) or in a hurry. Sometimes, you just don't have a lot of time when you come here.

Mary R.....I'm sure I've commented on your projects. I would love to see more. We love to see the projects even if we can't show the love.

I went over to the CARDS section (because of your earlier comment; not sure it was on this thread). I hadn't been over there in a while and forgot how much fun it is over there.

For any newbies, that thread is at the bottom of all the cartridges forums.....CARDS.

Take a look; you'll be glad you did.

EVERYONE....leave a little love!

Char
 2 users thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Mary R. on 11/14/2013(UTC), MaryStillman on 11/15/2013(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#41 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:38:59 AM(UTC)
Mary R.

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/29/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,018
United States
Location: CT

Thanks: 647 times
Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tigger2000 Go to Quoted Post
Those of you still here; please don't go away! You are all such wonderful crafters! I don't post my creations because they are few and sometimes I feel like they are really not worth even posting because all of you are SOOOO GOOD at your crafts whereas my cards are very simple. I got my first cricut about 2 years ago on black Friday (a small personal) and loved it! Then my daughter in law got me the Expression for Christmas last year so I gave her my personal. I also love my expression! This year I got myself a cuttlebug that I love and also got the "other embossing machine" which I have not used yet. Maybe if I get my courage up this weekend I will post some of the cards I have made...Blushing


I felt the same way you do about my cards. When I first started crafting there was so much for me to learn and I continue to learn. I was too embarrassed to post my simple cards because there are so many talented people on this site. Every now and then I post card & found the more I crafted and viewed other members cards, the better I became. So please post your cards.

Best, Mary R.
 1 user thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 11/15/2013(UTC)
JustJudi Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:28:09 PM(UTC)
JustJudi

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 4/22/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,491
Location: Texas

Thanks: 1603 times
Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 698 post(s)
I haven't been on in a while - between surgery and work, it has been hard. I hope everyone is well.
tigger2000 Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:06:48 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/1/2012(UTC)
Posts: 126

Thanks: 60 times
Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Ok...I think you all have convinced me, LOL! Maybe this weekend I will post something; I have been very tempted to make one of the Wednesday challenge cards, but then I just end up looking and loving all that I see. I am much better at copying off someone else's card Sad than coming up with my own idea. I guess that's normal if you haven't made too many cards. Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words, and really, you are all so creative!Smile
 2 users thanked tigger2000 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/14/2013(UTC), Mary R. on 11/16/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#44 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:36:23 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 15,055
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18612 times
Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JudiLuvz2CutPaper Go to Quoted Post
I haven't been on in a while - between surgery and work, it has been hard. I hope everyone is well.


Judi....sorry, I didn't know. Prayers to you that you are healing and back to normal, soon. I have missed you; just supposed you moved on like so many others.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#45 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:37:29 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 15,055
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18612 times
Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tigger2000 Go to Quoted Post
Ok...I think you all have convinced me, LOL! Maybe this weekend I will post something; I have been very tempted to make one of the Wednesday challenge cards, but then I just end up looking and loving all that I see. I am much better at copying off someone else's card Sad than coming up with my own idea. I guess that's normal if you haven't made too many cards. Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words, and really, you are all so creative!Smile


Not all of us (meaning me....I just dabble a lot)!

PLEASE.....we'll wait patiently....until this weekend. We'll be watching for you!

Char
cricaholic Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 12:22:20 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/12/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2,058
Location: T E X A S

Thanks: 736 times
Was thanked: 1204 time(s) in 685 post(s)
Cool "They" got tired of all the "fighting" and went to peaceful places.
Bored I used to visit this MB several times a day a long time ago....back then there was a lot of inspiration and less talk. When you posted something within 24hrs it would be on page 7-10....now it stays on page 1 for weeks....SO SAD!!!!
I LOVE my CRICUT and I still post what I've made on this MB. I don't post for comments....I post to inspire others I visit this MB maybe twice a month now...theres just no inspiration here anymore....I don't want to chat I want to create. Everyone has an excuse why they won't post their creativity...yeah, ok whatever....chat away then....I'm going to go craft...
I have a blog and I have the "other machine"...but I'm STILL HERE!!!!

ThumpUp you can find my projects in the "card" and "knifty knitter"

RollEyes I just don't understand you all....you quit posting your creativity cause no one would comment.....do you know what "comment" means????
Comment:1. a statement of observation, analysis, or criticism. 2. an expression of opinion

Scared isn't it the "comments" that starts all the fighting and why everyone leaves this MB???
Huh So do you REALLY want someone to comment????
 1 user thanked cricaholic for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/15/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#47 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 8:21:39 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 15,055
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18612 times
Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cricaholic Go to Quoted Post
Cool "They" got tired of all the "fighting" and went to peaceful places.
Bored I used to visit this MB several times a day a long time ago....back then there was a lot of inspiration and less talk. When you posted something within 24hrs it would be on page 7-10....now it stays on page 1 for weeks....SO SAD!!!!
I LOVE my CRICUT and I still post what I've made on this MB. I don't post for comments....I post to inspire others I visit this MB maybe twice a month now...theres just no inspiration here anymore....I don't want to chat I want to create. Everyone has an excuse why they won't post their creativity...yeah, ok whatever....chat away then....I'm going to go craft...
I have a blog and I have the "other machine"...but I'm STILL HERE!!!!

ThumpUp you can find my projects in the "card" and "knifty knitter"

RollEyes I just don't understand you all....you quit posting your creativity cause no one would comment.....do you know what "comment" means????
Comment:1. a statement of observation, analysis, or criticism. 2. an expression of opinion

Scared isn't it the "comments" that starts all the fighting and why everyone leaves this MB???
Huh So do you REALLY want someone to comment????


Yes....I kind of like it! LOL. AND, I don't mind the criticism, also.

I didn't always feel that way, though. I remember when this was asked years ago on the old MBs...and I was pretty new....and I didn't understand why people cared whether or not anyone commented. I would comment that I didn't think it should matter whether or not you got comments and like you, I thought it was more for ourselves than for anyone else.

BUT, when you don't get much feedback from your own family (which I never do), you look for it from someone....and, Yes...it is kind of important to some of us. I think because we just don't have any comments around us in our real lives. I do have one friend who RAVES over my cards; so, I tend to give her one every now and then....where if no one comments when you have poured your heart and love into what you've made for them....you really do feel like it's not worth doing in the first place.

I think it's wonderful if you don't need that kind of reinforcement; some of us need/want it.

It's disheartening, too, when you try to be friendly to some and SOME are never friendly with you on the MBs; it hurts. Some of us are hurt more easily than others....and, maybe we should be somewhere else; but, we really want to be here.

So, Yes....I get hurt. But, I'm adult enough to take it, too.

I do like the comments and the criticism.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Mary R. on 11/16/2013(UTC)
go-go Offline
#48 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 8:32:32 AM(UTC)
go-go

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,097
United States
Location: Texas

Thanks: 2228 times
Was thanked: 1847 time(s) in 748 post(s)
I was mostly getting on the board from my iphone or ipad. After the last batch of changes, I can't see all the board anymore. I just don't have much time to sit at my computer. I downloaded the Puffin browser, like Narelle suggested. I can now see the board on my ipad now, but it is slow. So, although I would love to, I just don't get on as much. Posting using the Puffin browser is slow, so I usually lurk if I am on my ipad.

I'll never understand why PC doesn't fix things so that their bigest enablers, I mean message board members, have an easier time sharing ideas, creations & sales.


Margo
LaLaLand Offline
#49 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 10:40:13 AM(UTC)
LaLaLand

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/2/2007(UTC)
Posts: 187

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 37 post(s)
"They" got tired of all the "fighting" and went to peaceful places.

Now that's very true. there used to be a lot of angst here and now t's so nice and friendly.

I going to get my act together and learn how to post pictures. I made a so cute Halloween garland but didn't share. So I vow to get better at sharing. Except I've got to figure out how to do it first.






















Bored I used to visit this MB several times a day a long time ago....back then there was a lot of inspiration and less talk. When you posted something within 24hrs it would be on page 7-10....now it stays on page 1 for weeks....SO SAD!!!!
I LOVE my CRICUT and I still post what I've made on this MB. I don't post for comments....I post to inspire others I visit this MB maybe twice a month now...theres just no inspiration here anymore....I don't want to chat I want to create. Everyone has an excuse why they won't post their creativity...yeah, ok whatever....chat away then....I'm going to go craft...
I have a blog and I have the "other machine"...but I'm STILL HERE!!!!

ThumpUp you can find my projects in the "card" and "knifty knitter"

RollEyes I just don't understand you all....you quit posting your creativity cause no one would comment.....do you know what "comment" means????
Comment:1. a statement of observation, analysis, or criticism. 2. an expression of opinion

Scared isn't it the "comments" that starts all the fighting and why everyone leaves this MB???
Huh So do you REALLY want someone to comment????[/quote]
JeanP Offline
#50 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 11:14:27 AM(UTC)
JeanP

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,973
United States
Location: Southern RI OLD MQ Pg4 #111 NEW MQ pg 1 #5

Thanks: 1641 times
Was thanked: 968 time(s) in 780 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
Sometimes I feel like no one cares what I post because not many reply or even look at it. It's ok if your not interested I just don't post as much as I used too.


Originally Posted by: EstherWheat Go to Quoted Post
I feel the same way. If I post something it would be nice to hear from others about what they think. Sometimes there will be tons of looks but only one or two comments.


This is what bothers me the most on the cards and layout threads. You see how many people look but only a very small percentage comment. I tend to click the THANKS button quite a bit.
We need a LIKE buttonBigGrin
If I think something should be added to a card or layout, I have no problem "suggesting" it.BigGrin
The one thing that I was told early in my crafting was something that I now do on everything!!!
INK ALL YOUR EDGES!!!! You would be surprised at what this does for your finished project. I was very happy to get that comment.

I do post some of my cards and layouts but spend most of my time on the RAKS and Swaps forums. I host and participate in the swaps over there. I think it is great to be able to share your creativity.
The problems arise when people join swaps and don't communicate or don't honor their commitments. If you say you are doing something, just do it!!!!! Life happens, we all know that but there is no reason someone can't come on the MB and let others know if there is a problem. It only takes a minute.
It is called being considerate!!!!!!

I am here to learn to be a better crafter and make friends along the way. I have done both over the yearsBigGrin I will continue to visit this MB but I wish PC would be more interested in what goes on here included the spammers and those advertising for their own profit.
To me, It all boils down to moneyGlare Once PC advertises their new products and we buy them, they disappear!!!! What happened to Gena & Nathan when we need their help???
Now they are really pushing digital(the way of the future for sure) but if you can't get anyone to help you with CCR, what good is it? I have an E2 that I still can't get to work with CCR. No help from PC either. I always end up on hold!!!!!!You would think they would be eager to help me so they can make more money.

Just my 2 cents(please NO nasty pms- it is my opinion only)

Edited by user Friday, November 15, 2013 11:28:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/15/2013(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#51 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:46:52 AM(UTC)
Mary R.

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/29/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,018
United States
Location: CT

Thanks: 647 times
Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Yes....I kind of like it! LOL. AND, I don't mind the criticism, also. I didn't always feel that way, though. I remember when this was asked years ago on the old MBs...and I was pretty new....and I didn't understand why people cared whether or not anyone commented. I would comment that I didn't think it should matter whether or not you got comments and like you, I thought it was more for ourselves than for anyone else.

BUT, when you don't get much feedback from your own family (which I never do), you look for it from someone....and, Yes...it is kind of important to some of us. I think because we just don't have any comments around us in our real lives. I do have one friend who RAVES over my cards; so, I tend to give her one every now and then....where if no one comments when you have poured your heart and love into what you've made for them....you really do feel like it's not worth doing in the first place.

I think it's wonderful if you don't need that kind of reinforcement; some of us need/want it.
It's disheartening, too, when you try to be friendly to some and SOME are never friendly with you on the MBs; it hurts. Some of us are hurt more easily than others....and, maybe we should be somewhere else; but, we really want to be here. So, Yes....I get hurt. But, I'm adult enough to take it, too. I do like the comments and the criticism. Char



Well said Char. Only two people in my family ever say they like my cards and thank me for my hard work. I realize it is my 'thing' to create cards and I've gotten better at creating cards over the past two-years. We still put our time, effort, and quite a bit of money into creating that one-of-kind card for family members and friends.

So when I post a card on the board and no one comments or thanks me,...makes me wonder if I should quite crafting. Nope, I enjoy it too much and really don't care anymore if no one comments. So I post on Pinterest & believe it or not, get quite a bit of feedback with people repining my cards. Love it. I didn't take up crafting to get stressed had enough of that when I worked. For me it is fun. Anyway, the ladies at the Senior Center love my cards, especially since there free for the taking LOL LOL LOL.

Best, Mary R.
 1 user thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/16/2013(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.025 seconds.
nebo-cricut-02