Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

shannonellenberger9f46c97b Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:30:18 AM(UTC)
shannonellenberger9f46c97b

Groups: Registered

Hello. I have Cricut Craft Room downloaded and wondered if it is possible to "arch" a word, say, to put on a CD. I am not seeing any tools in the software to allow a person to do this. Thanks for any replies!
Ladybug Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:14:32 AM(UTC)
Ladybug

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 2917 time(s) in 1685 post(s)
Hiya Shannon. Welcome to the MB! BigGrin

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but here's something you're able to do in CCR:-

Ladybug attached the following image(s):
eg.jpg
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:39:09 AM(UTC)

How did you arch the Shannon over the lady bug?
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:23:08 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 877 time(s) in 415 post(s)
Hi and welcome Shannon,

Don't mean to hijack Ladybugs reply but just happened to be on the board and see this. Ladybug placed a simple circle on the mat and then each letter she individually placed around the circle just barely touching the bottom of the letters to the circle and then clicking weld. She rotated each letter as necessary to make the arch. This can be done by either typing in a rotation degree in the left tool box under shape properties or click on the letter and use the bottom left arrow that looks like a horse shoe to rotate like you want(when you touch one image to another, you should see a pop up box that is asking you if you want to weld or not. Welding allows the welded images to cut as one image) If you don't want the circle, then just delete it when you get your letters like you want. Of course if you delete the circle and you don't have your letters welded to each other, this would be pointless because the letters would cut individually no matter how you had the placed on your virtual mat. Then you would have to place the letters individually and arch manually onto your cd. If you don't want the circle, make sure your letters are touching each other and welding and then delete your circle. You know you have a weld when the touching lines disappear. After you have your images placed like you want, you may want to click on "group". This allows you to move around and resize the whole group of letters and not risk shifting some unintentionally.

Hope this helps

Edited by user Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:25:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Ladybug on 11/13/2013(UTC), shannonellenberger9f46c97b on 11/13/2013(UTC)
Ladybug Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:51:14 AM(UTC)
Ladybug

Canada

Originally Posted by: Olivia'sNana Go to Quoted Post
Hi and welcome Shannon,

Don't mean to hijack Ladybugs reply but just happened to be on the board and see this. Ladybug placed a simple circle on the mat and then each letter she individually placed around the circle just barely touching the bottom of the letters to the circle and then clicking weld. She rotated each letter as necessary to make the arch. This can be done by either typing in a rotation degree in the left tool box under shape properties or click on the letter and use the bottom left arrow that looks like a horse shoe to rotate like you want(when you touch one image to another, you should see a pop up box that is asking you if you want to weld or not. Welding allows the welded images to cut as one image) If you don't want the circle, then just delete it when you get your letters like you want. Of course if you delete the circle and you don't have your letters welded to each other, this would be pointless because the letters would cut individually no matter how you had the placed on your virtual mat. Then you would have to place the letters individually and arch manually onto your cd. If you don't want the circle, make sure your letters are touching each other and welding and then delete your circle. You know you have a weld when the touching lines disappear. After you have your images placed like you want, you may want to click on "group". This allows you to move around and resize the whole group of letters and not risk shifting some unintentionally.

Hope this helps

No worries! You didn't hijack my reply!! BigGrin Thanks so much for helping Shannon out! I didn't get a chance to get back here sooner. I was going to tell her pretty much the same what you did, if it turned out that that's what she was after. BigGrin
 1 user thanked Ladybug for this useful post.
shannonellenberger9f46c97b on 11/13/2013(UTC)
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:20:58 AM(UTC)

Thank you BOTH so much for your replies and help on this. I think what I figured out (and is sort of a big DUH) is that if I want "arched" text of any kind, I will have to type each letter in manually. If I try to add the word "Greetings" that is part of my cartridge, there isn't a way to arch it since the word is whole, right? I wish we could arch existing words that are included in our cartridges.

But, as it turns out, I'm predicting I'm going to have to type "Merry Christmas" manually anyway because my Christmas cartridge only has the word "Christmas" and not Merry :-(

Thanks again!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:18:07 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 877 time(s) in 415 post(s)
You are correct, there is no ability to take a word or phrase and arch it.

From my personal experience though, I would test one of your cd's to make sure it will play after you place your wording on it. I have made family dvd's and found that when I make a sticker label, for some reason, it causes the dvd not to play in some players. If i just write on them, it has no affect. One of these days I hope to get a dvd label burner but for now, I don't stick anything on them for fear it will cause them to not work. Just an FYI that I thought about
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:50:43 AM(UTC)

Thanks for that advice. But we are actually using old CD's to paint white and make Christmas decorations out of them by applying some Christmas vinyl to them in the form of objects or text and thought we might like "Merry Christmas" at the top. My Christmas cartridge only has the word "Christmas" on it.

Ladybug Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:44:04 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Canada

I was just thinking of something you might be able to try. As an e.g., here's a "Merry Christmas" that is already welded and, because of the delicacy of it, you might be able to arch it after it's cut. Or maybe other cart's have something similar that you can do the same thing with.

Ladybug attached the following image(s):
mc.JPG