Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Momtozsm Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 11:17:05 PM(UTC)
Momtozsm

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I purchased the Everyday Pop-Up Cards cartridge over the summer, never really looked at the content until now. I was concerned that this was going to be a flop of a cartridge after hearing some reviews, after the fact. But I am pleasantly happy with it just for the images and card bases alone. If it wasn't for Mary from Cardztv, never would have went in search of the butterfly and banner that she used on 2 different cards.

Here are a few other images that I know I will be using soon.

Dress on Hanger(Mary has a card that I know my daughter would love "Hang in there" card and would also be good a scrapbook page from a wedding my daughter went to.)
Shoes
Chandelier
Eiffel Tower
flowers in vase
hot air balloon
house with garage

Do you have any cartridges that "need a 2nd look at" even though you heard disappointing reviews but liked it anyways?

1 user thanked Momtozsm for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/12/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 11:38:01 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 593 post(s)
I don't own that cart. I'm thinking the name alone doesn't interest me so I can't remember ever actually looking at the digital handbook to see if I'd be interested in it.

But to answer your question...I probably have 100 carts that I haven't used yet. So I know there is stuff on them that I don't know about.

Joyce
jenny dennis Online
#3 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 5:21:40 PM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 15838 time(s) in 3823 post(s)
I Love the EPUC have never done a card just love the images a friend had a La La Loopsy party for her daughter and we used the hot air balloon turned out great!!!

Honestly I think I am surprised everytime I open a handbook at the stuff I did not remember was on it but I think the paper dolls carts would be my pick so many accessories.
GypsyD Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:26:31 PM(UTC)
GypsyD

Was thanked: 1210 time(s) in 825 post(s)
There are lots of carts that I find are like that. I hope that PC eventually will set up something that shows all of the different items individually. It would be so cool to have a picture of them "in house". CCR does this a little bit, but not like it could be done. (Like other companies do.) The carts are often slammed for being so expensive, but when you can see what's on then, they are really a very good bang for your buck! I have gone very digital and find seeing all of my items by just scrolling through them is awesome. I only grab my books if I have to!
Di&Co Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:30:31 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Was thanked: 21179 time(s) in 5270 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyD Go to Quoted Post
There are lots of carts that I find are like that. I hope that PC eventually will set up something that shows all of the different items individually. It would be so cool to have a picture of them "in house". CCR does this a little bit, but not like it could be done. (Like other companies do.) The carts are often slammed for being so expensive, but when you can see what's on then, they are really a very good bang for your buck! I have gone very digital and find seeing all of my items by just scrolling through them is awesome. I only grab my books if I have to!

I have to agree, there is so much content on many of the carts. And I've picked up most of them on sale. When I think that when I got my cricut they were $90 and now I can get some for less than $10, it makes me very happy. I also love the quality of the images. Im not high tech so designing my own really doesnt appeal to me.
BJR Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:57:12 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I was always pleased esp. on the older full content carts to find more images or a font I really liked when I got it and looked thru the book at wht's on them. Most carts now don't have quite as much. That's always a nice surprise to find something you didn't know was there and liked. BJR.
PaperKrafter4Life Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:58:40 AM(UTC)
PaperKrafter4Life

United States

Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 142 post(s)
WHAT IS A LA LA LOOPSY PARTY???

I have been trying more now that I am retired to actually explore my carts and use them I have 183 and bought all of them cheap on ebay way back when...........I was an avid stamper and just have to have diecuts on my cards now.
Just seeing the post of the card done with Mickey & Friends is a prime example of not knowing the great cuts on that cartridge I have it and have never used it got it from my sister. I will now.........
I agree with liking the older carts more that contained more content. So many choices for cuts.
I love cricut and my Expression also use a cricut create for quick card cuts when I am in a hurry. I don't want to be hooked up to CCR and do LOVE my gypsy.........Cricut still Rocks for me.
jenny dennis Online
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:53:03 PM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Originally Posted by: PaperKrafter4Life Go to Quoted Post
WHAT IS A LA LA LOOPSY PARTY???

I have been trying more now that I am retired to actually explore my carts and use them I have 183 and bought all of them cheap on ebay way back when...........I was an avid stamper and just have to have diecuts on my cards now.
Just seeing the post of the card done with Mickey & Friends is a prime example of not knowing the great cuts on that cartridge I have it and have never used it got it from my sister. I will now.........
I agree with liking the older carts more that contained more content. So many choices for cuts.
I love cricut and my Expression also use a cricut create for quick card cuts when I am in a hurry. I don't want to be hooked up to CCR and do LOVE my gypsy.........Cricut still Rocks for me.

LOL Sorry about that La La loopsy dolls are the new doll craze I guess, my daughter is grown and I have grandsons,but my friend had a birthday party for her little 5 yr old and we made scenery ,houses ,lots of decorations for it with the stuff from different carts. All the little girls came dressed as there favorite doll.
 1 user thanked jenny dennis for this useful post.
Scrap Fit on 11/12/2013(UTC)
Scrap Fit Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:37:37 PM(UTC)
Scrap Fit

Was thanked: 208 time(s) in 96 post(s)
I have been totally surprised with all the images I LOVE on Summer Celebrations and Wrap It Up!!
scrapalette Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:46:36 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19028 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
When I was making name cards for Mania, I found the perfect font on Lovely Floral! Who knew?
scrapalette attached the following image(s):
IMG_2797.JPG
jenny dennis Online
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:52:23 AM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
When I was making name cards for Mania, I found the perfect font on Lovely Floral! Who knew?

Huh! that is a pretty font. Love the way you did the little board to cute!!!
 1 user thanked jenny dennis for this useful post.
scrapalette on 11/13/2013(UTC)
ShawnMosch Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:47:14 AM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

Was thanked: 854 time(s) in 292 post(s)
This post kind of hits home for me. One of the reasons we created our website was because there were so many "hidden treasures" once you opened up the handbooks and really LOOKED at what was in the full cartridge.

One I find myself grabbing a LOT for the swirls and leaf patterns, and the phrases towards the end of the handbook is Calligraphy Collection.
 1 user thanked ShawnMosch for this useful post.
~LN on 11/14/2013(UTC)
Di&Co Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:37:49 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Was thanked: 21179 time(s) in 5270 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post

Geez Paulette now I gotta go and see if I can buy that cart...you have to stop helping me! Flapper
Mary R. Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:38:35 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
I was so happy to find out that you could make pop-up cards with Wall Décor & More & the phrases on Wild Card are awesome I use them all the time.

Best, Mary R.
~LN Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:03:53 AM(UTC)
~LN

United States

Was thanked: 860 time(s) in 723 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post
I don't own that cart. I'm thinking the name alone doesn't interest me so I can't remember ever actually looking at the digital handbook to see if I'd be interested in it.

But to answer your question...I probably have 100 carts that I haven't used yet. So I know there is stuff on them that I don't know about.

Joyce

Thank you for showing me I am not alone!!!
~LN Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:04:53 AM(UTC)
~LN

United States

Was thanked: 860 time(s) in 723 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ShawnMosch Go to Quoted Post
This post kind of hits home for me. One of the reasons we created our website was because there were so many "hidden treasures" once you opened up the handbooks and really LOOKED at what was in the full cartridge.

One I find myself grabbing a LOT for the swirls and leaf patterns, and the phrases towards the end of the handbook is Calligraphy Collection.

I love your website!!