Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

bgoon82235789 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:31:29 PM(UTC)
bgoon82235789

Groups: Registered

I'm new to the cricut and I found it easier to use cricut craft room than trying to position items with out it. My one problem is trying to figure out where to place the paper on the mat. I'm trying to cut out a card. I put the top left corner of the paper on the top left corner of my actual mat. When I put my card image on the top left "cutable" (not in the yellow) section of the mat in the craft room it cuts it about 1/2 inch to the right and about 1/4 inch down. Is this normal? It makes trying to place the paper correctly a bear! Mad
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:39:41 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 923 time(s) in 597 post(s)
When you positioned the card on your mat in CCR did you position it right on the cutting lines or did you lower it/move it over any? Where you position it in CCR is just as important as where you put the paper at on your real mat before cutting.

Joyce
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:50:54 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
The virtual mat {the one on your screen} in CCR is positioned the same way you would load the real mat in your Cricut.

The images will cut in the same place on the real mat that you have them placed on the virtual mat.

There is a 1/4 inch border all around the mat where the blade cannot reach, so nothing is cut right on the edge of the paper. You can shift your paper over a bit but be careful about moving it over too much so you don't get an image off the edge or not centered.

If you want to cut a specific image on a specific size card base, I would cut in the center of the mat and align the paper there.
bgoon82235789 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:31:15 PM(UTC)
bgoon82235789

Groups: Registered

In CCR I put my image so it touches the solid yellow line on the top and the left side (so no part of the image is in the yellow no cut area). On the actual mat I put my paper so it touches the top and left sold black boundary lines. I tried putting the image in the middle of the CCR mat and the middle of the actual mat but it still cuts in a different spot?
JoyceG Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:41:45 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 923 time(s) in 597 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bgoon82235789 Go to Quoted Post
In CCR I put my image so it touches the solid yellow line on the top and the left side (so no part of the image is in the yellow no cut area). On the actual mat I put my paper so it touches the top and left sold black boundary lines. I tried putting the image in the middle of the CCR mat and the middle of the actual mat but it still cuts in a different spot?

I put my paper on the cutting line, not in the yellow area.

I have noticed that it makes a light difference when loading the mat. If I push it in too hard to load, then it seems to cut a tad lower on the paper and then there is the getting it loaded straight. I've loaded it crooked before and end up with the mat pushing on the left side of the machine. I was shocked I still got good clean cuts when I did that.

Joyce