Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

barnowlgirl4031c3cb Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:11:56 AM(UTC)
barnowlgirl4031c3cb

Groups: Registered

Angry

I bought a cricut mini
It arrived yesterday and went through a horror of trying to get the software working
updating, following links not wanting to update firmware etc and finally it did after uninstalling my virus program etc
Now logging in is still difficult have to try 3 or 4 times before it finally does.
Next to that it sometimes crashes

This could all be my pc of course But reading the complains about the whole updating errors, it seems i am not the only one.

So it all works but bad

On top of that i did 3 designs and my mat is already not (sticky) holding the paper anymore
So up to the shop to by some new and looking into some cartridges ( what you get with it is really not enough)
And guess what I cant pay with Paypal

It all sucks and for that price
I really regret what i did.

For such a big company you could at least update your payment methods and sell good mats with it.

"a very unsatisfied customer"

CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:44:32 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello, although there is not a lot we can do about the payment methods. We do have an excelent tech support and customer service. If you have any questions, concerns or warranty issues please give us a call. We can assist you over the phone. One thing you may not know is that you can wash the mat in warm water and allow it to drip dry. This may help you revitalize your mat.

-Cricut Gena
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:59:50 PM(UTC)
barnowlgirl4031c3cb

i want a refunds
Just emailed craft-e-corner were i bought it

the machine is now in the middle of a cut hanging up
First i had to load and reload the mat 5 times

than it didnt see the device
So i did a cold reboot

And now it is in the middle of a cut standing still
The popup is saying its cutting and i see a time circle turning and it doesn't do anything

And about washing the mat. My opinion is when i buy a new item and after 2 times it doesn't stick anymore and i have to start washing my mat than there is something wrong.

This is a horrible experience and i regret that i didn't buy the silhouette for 269 dollar.

Because this is really made me mad.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:44:26 PM(UTC)
barnowlgirl4031c3cb

Well seems i even dont get a refunds

After 12 hours fighting with software
I now have to go to technical support blablabla

I am not a pc technician But my husband is.
and we went through a lot of hoops to get the software working

Plus the mat ( i can buy one on their site ofcourse)

So far for the nice support of craft-e-corner

Dont buy people
This is going to be one drama I didnt get the RAN number to return the item
And i dont get a refunds

oh and i have a non working item and software.
TammyPuckett Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:29:03 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Call PC customer service! They can set up a time someone to call you back & stream into your computer to get this going like it is supposed to. I had an issue that my Imagine would not communicate with CCR & they got that all fixed. I know it is frustrating, but hand in three!
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:32:20 PM(UTC)
barnowlgirl4031c3cb

last email from craft-e-corner

they don't take it back because i opened and used it.
(wonder how you discover if an item is good before opening and use it)

i don't get a refund
and i have to solve my problem now with Provocraft and go to them

Very easy isn't it?

there goes my money were i worked for.
TammyPuckett Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:33:55 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Sorry you are having so much trouble! Call PC CS & they will help you! I had a Mini & didn't like it & sold it to go back to the Expression!
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:46:02 PM(UTC)
barnowlgirl4031c3cb

yeah well i was doubting and thought this one would keep me happy for some time
Wanted to try it But had another machine which is 269 dollar that i wanted to go for

But thought oke lets try this out first

Never again! that's for sure

Maybe i will phone But i sure don't like changes at my pc
Its all set up to do my work as graphic Designer ( Adobe CC )

And out of experiences i know when they are changing things in my pc the device maybe works But something else is broke again.

Besides that the mat not sticking either And now i have to buy a new one already
When i calculate that a mat is doing 2 cuts than this is pretty expensive and i cant better start buying die cuts online.

I just wish i had a better experience with the company i bought this. But another greedy cooperation it seems.
As small business owner your out on the street.

TammyPuckett Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:14:16 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

When you buy mats, always make sure they have CRICUT in the center of the mat. Also take the mat that you have & run it under hot water to activate the sticky stuff! Just let it air dry & it should be good! I have been told never to do the sticky stuff because if you do & it gets on the rollers, it will void your warranty through PC! PC had a period where the mats were awful & it sounds like you have that going on!

When PC linked in with my computer, nothing was changed except what needed to be done for the Cricut. What virus protection are you running? I have seen post where certain anti-virus programs were preventing things from working properly!
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:08:37 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8000 time(s) in 4676 post(s)
If you have your receipt for the purchase of the machine PLUS the purchase of the mat, PC will probably replace the mat. We heard of many users that were able to get their mats replaced. YOU MUST have your receipt of purchase. I don't believe ANY business should be expected to deal with customers who do not have their receipts.

I believe PC would even replace the machine if they deem that the machine was a bad machine to begin with. We have heard other users (not sure there were any bad MINIs) got their machines REPLACED by PC if PC deems your machine is a bad one.

PC is willing to help people. We have to want to be helped in the first place and we have to go through the proper channels. I believe if you buy a machine at Joann's, Walmart or any other retail store, they will not give REFUNDS or go through the motions of trying to get your machine replaced for you. You (we all) have to do that through PC.

It sounds like you really want to buy that other machine. WELL, you have bought the MINI. Many of us LOVE our MINI machines. If you can't get a refund, then it seems you should try everything you can to get this MINI working (unless you are rich and it doesn't matter whether or not you do get it working). Who's to say the "other" machine will work any better for you. Maybe it's your internet connection. Maybe you don't have enough RAM in your computer.

There are many reasons your MINI may not be working for you. PC will help you. If you are unable to get the help you need, ask for a manager.

I have called PC ten or fifteen times since 2008. They have always been very helpful to me and very courteous. We have to be able to meet them halfway, too.

Hope you get your problems worked out. Whether or not it's with the MINI; just hoping things work out for the best for you.

I have just gone through a problem with AT&T. I put it off for months. BUT, in the end, I took the time to call them and go through the proper methods, and in the end I am now very happy with the compromise and the help AT&T gave to me. I put it off way too long. Just saying, it's not easy to deal with these issues that come up from so many companies these days. BUT, if we don't help ourselves.....who is going to help us. We have to want the help badly enough to make the calls and ask for the help.

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:17:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
JoyceG on 11/12/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:27:55 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 586 post(s)
The other day my scraproom was kinda cold and my cardstock wasn't sticking to the mats at all. I just got pieces of tape and taped it down at the top corners of the cardstock outside the cutting area. Worked great and it didn't move and was easy to remove from the mats.

Joyce
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:11:54 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8000 time(s) in 4676 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post
The other day my scraproom was kinda cold and my cardstock wasn't sticking to the mats at all. I just got pieces of tape and taped it down at the top corners of the cardstock outside the cutting area. Worked great and it didn't move and was easy to remove from the mats.

Joyce

I use tape almost 100% of the time.....just don't want to deal with my paper slipping. I get GREAT cuts almost 100% of the time. Occasionally, I forget to change settings on paper vs. cardstock; so that's a given that you're not going to get a good cut no matter whether you rely on your mat or tape.

I LOVE USING THE TAPE. It just cuts down on any problems there might be with the mat. Once you start using it, it goes very fast. It's no problem to me to use the tape and take the time to apply it vs. the result I might get if the paper slips any little bit.

I buy the blue tape and use it over and over and over again. I bought four rolls in 2008 and still have two of them plus 2/3rds of the third one left. I used up my first roll several months ago.

Char
#13 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:28:27 PM(UTC)
barnowlgirl4031c3cb

Little update

I have followed the peoples advice here and called support.
After hours and hours of trying everything My software still crashes.

In the middle of a design most of the time
It is faster now that i added it to the Avast virus scanner

And even when i do the virus scanner off it keeps on crashing

So yes i am unhappy with my purchase. Not because i want another one But because this doesn't work right.

And after installing, un-installing Hours and hours on the phone, emails from support and it still doesnt work right i think i have the right to be unsatisfied with my item.

this one will end up for sale for sure. Hope that somebody is more lucky than me.

And when i read the forum here, i am not the only one with these problems. For sure that there are people here happy with there mini cricut. But i bet it works. I think you would be mad too when you spend your money at an item and the software dont work.

Ofcourse i could always sell my pc and buy another one. Because this must be my pc which is specially designed for heavy graphic work.

Ones again..... A very bad product and when you buy this and bump into the same problem as me here with the software ( just like many others ..read the forum...) than you loose your money Because they wont refund anything.