Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

snowwoman9104a68418 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:20:50 AM(UTC)
snowwoman9104a68418

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all! I'm trying to get the Tigger layers complete from my Pooh & Friends cartridge. I'm having to play a lot with pressure and needle depth. I'm using craft room when doing this as I bought the cartridge online.

I'm using Recollections cardstock paper 65lbs from Michaels which seems to be a pretty standard used paper by most cricut users. I'm having a hard time getting the machine to cut all the way through or not snag the paper.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated as I am wasting a lot of paper doing trial and error and then finding out the next time around it doesn't seem to work. Blushing
 1 user thanked snowwoman9104a68418 for this useful post.
JoyceG on 11/16/2013(UTC)
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:28:10 AM(UTC)
snowwoman9104a68418

Sorry I should have noted I'm using the Expressions model. Thanks
 1 user thanked snowwoman9104a68418 for this useful post.
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:12:07 AM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 451 post(s)
Snowwoman, first take the blade housing out of your E and blow on the sharp end to remove any tiny pieces of paper that might be caught in there causing your blade/housing to snag on your paper and tear it. You may need to remove the blade, blow out any fuzz or tiny scraps and replace the blade. Make sure you reinstall the blade housing in the right notch in the cutting assembly, and you tighten the holding screw securely (but dont' try to break it!). If there is the slightest wobble of the blade housing, you will have the problems you have described. Also, slow down the speed on your E as this may be the problem.

For standard cardstock, pressure and depth at three is pretty standard. You should not be having to play with these settings as you move from cut to cut. If your bug doesn't cut all the way through the paper consistently, you may need to use a multicut of 2 or three, but this seems unusual for Recollections cardstock. If blowing out the housing doesn't help, the solution may be as simple as a new blade.

Just a few thoughts. Keep your thread bumped, as there a re not very many people on the boards at this hour. Good luck, and post your project once you get life working properly again!
BigGrin
 1 user thanked NotGoingGreyGracefully for this useful post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:12:07 PM(UTC)
snowwoman9104a68418

NotGoingGreyGracefully - Thanks for all the awesome tips. I will try that. I was watching the needled and noticing it was a bit wobbly but didn't know if that was standard. I will try and reinstall. And get back to the board as to if that helped. BigGrin