Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sewblessed26d01904 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 7:10:01 PM(UTC)
sewblessed26d01904

Groups: Registered

Is there a way to make a longer sentence? I'm very, very new to the Cricut. I'm trying to print out a poem on vinyl to transfer to a picture frame. But I can't get a full line in before it tells me I've reached my max characters. Any ideas? Thanks!!!
Leanner Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 8:49:05 PM(UTC)
Leanner

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1583 time(s) in 1168 post(s)
Do you have the ability to use the Cricut Craft room software? You could design the whole thing using that and not have this issue.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 8:57:39 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 929 time(s) in 458 post(s)
You really need to try designing it in cricut craftroom. You would be able to type it out spacing
like you want and placing it exactly on the virtual mat the way you would transfer the entire poem onto your project using transfer paper. The attached photo is a sample of using ccr and text box feature. once you have your poem on the virtual mat like you want, cut it and use transfer tape to place on your project all at once. the second photo is a project my DIL done last weekend using ccr, vinyl and transfer tape. The collage is predesigned from word collage cartridge,but you could also design something similar using different font cartridges and sizes.

The design program is free, just need to download it by clicking on craft room above. The only downside to using it is that you have to be connected to the internet to use it.

The reason you are getting that message is because the machine has sensed that you have typed more characters than will fit on the mat at one time.

Good luck and hope this helps. CCR is a great design program that enables you to do so much more that can't be done with just your machine.

Here is a post that tells a little bit more on how my DIL did the frame. https://www.cricut.com/f...e---Christmas-craft.aspx

Edited by user Monday, November 18, 2013 9:07:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana attached the following image(s):
fonts.JPG
DSCN3446 (Large).JPG
sewblessed26d01904 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 9:36:59 PM(UTC)
sewblessed26d01904

I'll download it tonight! Thank you, ladies! I appreciate the advice!