Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Jacqui_Mo Offline
#61 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 9:25:55 PM(UTC)
Jacqui_Mo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Wahey I think I just about made it! Well it's still the 18th here. Here is card sketch number 3 in the ad colours and for extra credit I made an animal shaped card. Though my elephant will not stand up on his own! LOL This was a lot of fun. Thank you also for the nice comments from last time "cricutede..". My hubby changed the way my name appears. I have dipped in the last 2 weeks and have enjoyed seeing all your lovely creations.
BingoLady Offline
#62 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 11:19:03 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 953 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Donna , So sorry you know I love all your cards, you always do a wonderful
job on your cards. I guess I havn't been a good hostest.Blushing

Dee, your kitty card came out so cute, it looks like a real kitty.

Jacqui, thankyou so much for joining in with your wonderful cards. I like
the way you made the elephant holding the # 4 on his trunk.

Thank to all of you ladies for posting your wonderful cards.
Joyful Carol Offline
#63 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:35:12 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Here are my comments. I need to go finish up my sketches and samples for posting later for my hosting turn. I had a few internet issues the last two weeks, but I think my IT guy- also known as my #1 son- has it fixed now so hopefully I will have no issues while hosting. I am still hoping to get to Sketch #2 from the past two weeks.

BingoLady- It was a lot of fun working with your sketches. You provided us with some lovely sample cards as well! Sketch #1- The glittery holly background paper was a very nice choice for this card. Santa is very cute “peeking through a wreath”! Sketch #2 This card looks pretty with all of the scalloped edges. I still need to get to this sketch and trying to figure out how to get some cricut on it. Later today I hope to get one made and posted. Sketch#3 Nice ribbon and I like the way you placed the shell scalloped edge behind the vertical ribbon. Great idea to use a heart for the dot of the eye. Your extra credit monkey card is adorable. After I enlarged the picture I could see his eyes. We all understand that the pictures of the cards are not as great as seeing the card in person.

NanaDonna- Hope you are feeling better by now and your trip is going well. Sketch #2- You did a good job on this card. The green glitter stripes turned out fantastic and was the perfect addition for this card. Sketch #1 has such a lovely snowflake. The colors of the card are so cool and says I am a snow card! Great embossing and layering makes this simple card super! I know the T-shirt is not a card, but it turned out fantastic. Sketch #3- This card is so feminine and lovely. The colors are all so perfect together. The flowery, viney thing is so pretty and you made it so special with the little pearls in the center of the flowers. The pearls in the right side corner was just the perfect accent on this card. Your second Sketch #3 is cute with the gingerbread men on the background paper and your use of little gingerbread people in the frame.

TurtleBug-Looks like a great shopping trip. Your sketch #2 is just lovely. The silvery colored ribbon was the perfect choice to go with the snowflake paper. I really like those snowflakes, too. Sketch #1- The embossing folder you used definitely worked great for this card. The holly and berries stick-on is just lovely. Using the foil paper for the bells and popping that ribbon off of the card was just the right way to make this card super! Sketch #3- Is that “Love stamp” in the heart from an embossing folder? I like that touch added to your card. Using black and red together is always one of my favorite combos. Extra Credit- I know your cute as a button card did not turn out as you had envisioned, but we all have those cards that do not come out onto paper as we pictured it in our mind. I like the use of the lace around the edges. The Dallas Cowboy card turned out well. I am sure all were pleased with it. Very creative!

DeeScraps- Sketch#3- The colors are great. I really like the way you used the two different colors of yarn down the side and across the bottom. Your extra credit kitty card is cute and you did a great job in just going ahead and using up scraps from your last card.

Gisele- Sketch #1 in the ad colors is pretty. The sleigh inside of that elegant frame works great. I really like the little pink flowers.

Jaqui_Mo- Sketch #3 in the add colors turned out very cute. Are the hearts across the bottom paper or is it a ribbon? Hard to tell in the picture. Paper or ribbon, either way it was a great addition for the cards. Your elephant card turned out great (even if he can not stand up on his own) He is so cute with his little red birthday hat and holding the #4 with his trunk.
 1 user thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/19/2013(UTC)
jacquimo Offline
#64 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:54:01 PM(UTC)
jacquimo

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Some comments:

BingoLady - Thank you for providing the wonderful challenge sketches. Love your cards especially the Santa peeking out and the monkey holding the banana card. I tried that cut before but was unsuccessful to get it looking like anything decent.

Dee - Thanks for the ad colours. That was a great heart card and anyone would be happy to receive your cat card also in the ad colours! Really like the background paper.

NanaDonna - What a gorgeous snowflake card and that is a beautiful card you made on the Imagine. Can I say, "Please get better soon!"

TurtleBug - Snowflake card looks very festive. Love the silver ribbon. Great job on your jingle bells card. That is also a cut I have trouble with. That's a great football card. I especially like the white label at the front with words on. Was that done on the computer or is it a stamp?

Gisele - What a gorgeous sleigh card and the poinsettias are just beautiful!

Joyful Carol - Absolutely love your birthday card with the pumpkins and what a great chipmunk for the animal shape card. That's a great "no horsin around" card. Great little buckle on the black ribbon. In answer to your question - yes, the hearts are paper. They were welded in Cricut Craft Room.
 1 user thanked jacquimo for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/19/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Online
#65 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:52:14 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 937 time(s) in 603 post(s)
Dee
#3 & Ad Colors - Your re-purposed shape card turned out way better than my attempt to make a button-shaped card....which failed to impress my Hostess!!LOL Love the impressive eyes and the puffs of white. The jeweled collar makes her very Diva-like!BigGrin Is it a big size card??

Jacqui-Mo
Welcome, Welcome!!

So glad you joined this awesome group and look forward to seeing some more of your creativeness in follwing sketches.
#3 & Ad Colors - Very creative to make a heart border using a punch...looks just like ribbon. Like the sentiments on both cards. Your arrow cut is very nice...had a heart time making the arrow on mine...of all things!
Ex. Credit - Very fun card, love his party hat and the placement of the #4 on the tip of his trunk. Some 4yr. old will be thrilled to recieve this very cute card!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:53:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#66 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:35:10 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Jacqui Mo – Nice to see you back with us and a great new name! Two wonderful sketches in the ad colours! Great extra credit card – a special someone turning 4 will be so happy to receive it! Hope you keep playing along!

Carol – I am sure that your hosting will go well! Looking forward to seeing your sketches and it seems like you have a good support system at home!

BingoLady – Sorry I didn’t participate as much as I wanted to but I have saved your sketches and you will surely see them popping up in the coming weeks.
LisaW. Offline
#67 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:13:55 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies...finally. Didn't get to my shaped card but got the other ones done with a few alterations. I gotta go get dinner and beds made and I will be back to catch up.

Sketch #1...no cricut Used up some scraps and got 2 completed.
Nestibilities: Labels 2
Embossing...?
Stamp: SU...don't know which set.

Sketch #2...happy thanksgiving.
Cricut: Create a critter

Sketch #3...ad colors. Didn't leave enough room for ribbon or something coming down vertical.
Cricut: A child's year
Nestibilities: labels 12
punch: heart
Stamp: ctmh (for every occasion).

Edited by user Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:16:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0530.JPG
DSCF0533.JPG
DSCF0532.JPG
BingoLady Offline
#68 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:45:18 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 953 time(s) in 641 post(s)
Lisa , wow all your cards came out very nice. Thankyou so much for posting
your cards.

Thanks to all of you ladies for posting your wonderful cards.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:47:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#69 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 9:56:22 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
BingoLady: Thank you for the wonderful sketches and your samples. Cute santa for sketch 1...when I clicked on it and enlarged it I could see the background had sparkles...very nice. Gorgeous sketch #2...is that a punch to make that cut design? Beautiful sketch #3...really pretty and like how you put the ribbon on top of the white punch. So love your monkey.

Dee: Thanks for the great colors. Pretty ad color card and love the background paper...haven't seen that before. Like how you did the pink and black ribbon together. Adorable cat card...the collar is adorable.

Keithann: Take it easy and get all healed up.

JoyfulCarol: Anxiously awaiting your sketches:) Love sketch #1 with the fall colors. I know how it goes with the embossing...always remember after I put my card together that I was going to do that. Adorable Chip and love the happy birthday sign. Love the "
"no horsin around"...great choice of ribbon and th buckle is such a perfect choice.

NanaDonna: Sketch 2 threw me for a loop too...couldn't tell if we were supposed to have all those blocks, lol. Beautiful card and what a wonderful easy trick with the red tape and glitter. Gorgeous snowflake card with the two different embossing folders and the blue...looks so elegant. Adorable shirt...we love all creations and love that you share your other projects with us. Love sketch #3...so beautiful and love how you did the leaves going up and across and adding the pearls. Adorable little gingerbread...I wish I could find some paper like that.

Turtlebug: Wow some great goodies there. I am anxious to see that 5x7 embossing folder. Slap me on the forehead...I for the longest time thought the bigger ones wouldn't fit in my cuttlebug so I never looked...finally got smart and measured and went back the next day and got the chicken wire one. Gorgeous snowflake card with the blue and silver...such a pretty combination together. Very pretty sketch #1 with the Christmas colors. Beautiful love card...love the background paper and cute how you embossed that stamp on the heart. Cute card with the buttons...works as a shape card for me:). Thanks for sharing your Dallas Cowboys card...awesome.

CricutCMV: Thanks for popping in...join us when you can.

Gisele: Stunning sketch #1 in the ad colors...love the ponsiettas in the corners.

Jacqui_Mo: Welcome back and wow...fantastic cards. Is that a punch or ribbon with the hearts? Loving the elephant...adorable.

I will take the next hosting spot (Jan 14?) unless somebody else jumps in.

Night all
Lisa

1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/20/2013(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#70 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:26:54 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Lisa- Sketch #1 I like your little Thank You cards. Always good to use up those scraps.
Sketch #2 Your Little Turkey looks all set to celebrate. #3 I love that cut from A Child's Year but have not used it yet. I feel inspired now. Glad you got to join us and you shared your cards!

To All: I have now posted the challenge for the next two weeks.
 1 user thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/20/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Online
#71 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:28:05 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Lisa
Glad you were able to get your cards done to share with us.ThumpUp
#1 - Nice to be able to get 2 for 1 cards made and from using up scraps, too. Cute Thank You cards and nice to have on hand. Great colors, like the floral paper and the "love" sentiments.
#2 - Perfect Thanksgiving colors, leaf printed paper and Mr. Turkey looks so handsome with his tophat!
#3 - Like the double frame and cute shilouette cut and the simple "Love" stamp is very nice. Yes, sometimes it is hard to get all the elements on a card, but adding/deleting is fine, too!

Thanks to Bingolady for Hosting this week and to Dee for the nice Ad Colors. Off to check out Joyful Carol's first Hosting challenge. I'm sure she did fine and she will have some awesome sketches for us.Smile
TurtleBug Online
#72 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:52:09 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post

I will take the next hosting spot (Jan 14?) unless somebody else jumps in.
Night all
Lisa

Lisa,
Thanks so much for volunteering to Host the 2 weeks of January 15th to January 28th.

I would like to say a big "THANK YOU" to everyone!

All you Ladies are so great at jumping in to Host and always with enough time to allow this challenge to run smoothly. You are the ones that have helped keep this Challenge going to motivate and inspire each of us to grow in this fun and crazy hobby we all have in common.
I thank each and everyone of you, the regulars every week... and also the Ladies that only join in once in a while.Smile
TurtleBug

Edited by user Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:50:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified