Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<1112131415>»
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink Offline
#361 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:21:15 PM(UTC)
Miss Whimsy aka Carol Klink

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello All and my SS,

Still not feeling 100% but doing better. Have most of my supplies and lots of ideas I hope are going to work. My hubby has been working only 1 or 2 days a week so difficult to accomplish much when he is underfoot. He will be working Monday and starting a long term job 11/25. Yeah!
Have a erestfool weekend and will update you next week with a lot done.

Hugs, Carol K.
DeniseE Offline
#362 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:12:54 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
A few sneak peeks....

1 user thanked DeniseE for this useful post.
ScrappinGwen on 11/17/2013(UTC)
motherloves3 Offline
#363 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:29:35 PM(UTC)
motherloves3

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 322 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Good evening,
Just checking in. I will be finishing my last directive on Monday and hope to mail my parcel to my SS on Tuesday.BigGrin

I am happy with the way mine have turned out and hope my SS will enjoy them! I have really enjoyed this swap!BigGrin
bklynborn Offline
#364 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:50:45 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 132 post(s)
checking in for the week. plan on doing a lot of crafting in the next 2 weeks. will be sending out closer to the due date.

a big shout out to both of my ss's

bb
ScrappinGwen Offline
#365 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 1:57:00 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 636 post(s)
Just got back home after an over night excursion. I atleast got to check out an ACMoore store where we travelled to (that I had never been to before). Did some shopping too while in that store! lol!

I wish I could have checked out all the other stores and the Mall stores too, but just no time for that.

So I'm ready to tackle one of my bigger projects this evening and get that rolling! I may not mail til closer to December but I really, really would like to get this swap completed before Thanksgiving weekend. I'm going to give it a shot!

FYI: kiethann, I have not mailed out your prize yet....will most likely wait til end of month. But I won't forget you! Just haven't got to it yet.

amylendall Offline
#366 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:06:53 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
checking in for the week have 1 project nearing completion even though Dh is giving me a bad time because I am using squares not circles (hint for ss) another project started these are both major projects I figure I would start with those and get them done while I have the ideas in my head! I am going to a workshop on Friday and a lot of what I am doing there can be used for some of the directives which ones well guess that's for me to know and you to figure out! LOL so with that I leave you to go back to my busy crafting!! no sneak peaks from me!!
planlady19 Offline
#367 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:52:09 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 266 post(s)
sounds like everyone is on track with this one. I will not be mailing until closer to dd as we are going to dd's for thanksgiving so that gives me a chance to check out some other stores that i don't get to here. They just opened a Hobby Lobby in Bangor so I will get there to see what goodies I can find for my ss.

Have a great week everyone and stay safe.

Terri
DonnaSchnees Offline
#368 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:52:16 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Checking in. I have exams all this week . Will be crafting this weekend and the next to finish up.
Scrapin*Creations Offline
#369 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 12:11:18 AM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 101 post(s)
checking in for the week..worked away this weekend on a creation. Will be going into town this week to pick up some crafty supplies. Looks like I'll be mailing near the DD.

Hope everyone has a great week,
Ali
CandyHazzard Offline
#370 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 6:33:47 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I think I'm finished, just have to double check my list and find a box BigGrin
ScrappinGwen Offline
#371 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 7:00:22 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

there are only 3 weekends left before the Monday DD, so I'm guessing there are going to be quite a few of you busy crafting away this weekend or next.

I'll remind you again, that you must send 3 projects that are more time consuming or more 3D then flat cards or tags. SO please, please, please make sure you get those 3 projects started and finished before you make a mad rush to the finish line to complete the rest of the swap.

You all know that rushing last minute never makes for a good swap box to your partner.

And don't forget to do your Thanksgiving shopping and get the turkey out to defrost this weekend too! lol

I was just looking at the month of December, planning out my time to get stuff done and I see that it will be January 1st in the blink of an eye!

Never enough time!

Kiethann Offline
#372 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 8:19:47 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 566 post(s)
Donna good luck with your exams. Checking in for this week. All directives done (just need to buy some candy/treates), then need to take pics of all and wrap so they can be mailed out. Had fun learning new techniques and projects. Hope my SS likes everything I had done.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#373 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 9:04:16 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: DonnaSchnees Go to Quoted Post
Checking in. I have exams all this week . Will be crafting this weekend and the next to finish up.

Are you taking exams or a teacher giving exams to your students? Just wondering...
Lori fromTx Offline
#374 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 1:49:17 PM(UTC)
Lori fromTx

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Just checking in :)
JeanP Offline
#375 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 3:46:58 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 968 time(s) in 780 post(s)
Checking inBigGrin
DeniseE Offline
#376 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 5:23:26 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
there are only 3 weekends left before the Monday DD, so I'm guessing there are going to be quite a few of you busy crafting away this weekend or next.

I'll remind you again, that you must send 3 projects that are more time consuming or more 3D then flat cards or tags. SO please, please, please make sure you get those 3 projects started and finished before you make a mad rush to the finish line to complete the rest of the swap.

You all know that rushing last minute never makes for a good swap box to your partner.

And don't forget to do your Thanksgiving shopping and get the turkey out to defrost this weekend too! lol

I was just looking at the month of December, planning out my time to get stuff done and I see that it will be January 1st in the blink of an eye!

Never enough time!

LOL.....I was just organizing this swap and the only item I misplaced was the flat one...
planlady19 Offline
#377 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 5:37:33 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 266 post(s)

Never enough time!

checking in been working on this and making my list of things i still need to finish.. can not believe that it is only 5 days until we get to leave to see my boys.. Love Love Love Love
RockinRobin1 Offline
#378 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 6:38:22 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 668 post(s)
Checking in. Thank God those tornadoes went around us. The closest one was 30 miles southeast. Blink OhMyGod We had lots of rain and strong winds, but thankfully no damage. Very scary there for a while.Scared

I too will be mailing close to the due date as we are going to DD's for Thanksgiving and there's several stores in Louisville that I'm going to be hitting while I'm there, at least for the few items I plan on buying. We don't do the big Thanksgiving spread as it's just the three of us. Last year I cooked gumbo at her apartment.BigGrin LOL

I just can't believe she will be finished school in May, then on to the real world of nursing.

Well, back to crafting.

Jen Offline
#379 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 7:38:23 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)

Never enough time!

Checking in once again. I love all the sneak peaks. Such talent in this swap!

I am working on more directives. Have several items that are large/3-D that took a good bit of time completed. So I got most of those out of the way early. I planned for the worst and glad I did because my lap top with all my book marks and ideas is in for service. I did print several but not all of the ideas. They said a couple days but I might loose a few things. But I have my desk top which I was able to download my cut files and such to, a plus indeed. Found a few of the book marked ideas already and have saved (and printed) those. The others shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I bought the turkey (just a 14 pound this year) and will take it out this weekend. DH cooks Thanksgiving dinner, it's just 4 of us this year. So it makes for a nice quiet day. The men and our daughter leave to go hunting in the wee hours of the morning Thursday into Friday. So it's a long weekend alone with my furbabies. Plan on working on this swap and maybe venture out to check out some sales, although I am doing more online shopping this year.

CMC56 Offline
#380 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:53:10 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 42 post(s)
JCI should be mailing in a couple of days. To my SS I hope you like it all. I would like for you to have it by Thanksgiving.

Cheryl
ScrappinGwen Offline
#381 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:05:55 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

So here's a sneak peek...
ScrappinGwen attached the following image(s):
IMG_6906.JPG
ScrappinGwen Offline
#382 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:19:05 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

COB and CricutJunky are the only 2 who have not checked in yet this week. CricutJunky is done, just waiting to mail, so I'm not worried.

COB must have something going on and I'm sure she'll be around soon.

Thanks for checking in everyone!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:32:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

motherloves3 Offline
#383 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:59:14 PM(UTC)
motherloves3

Canada

I am finished and have everything packed up and ready for it to go postal tomorrow. Hope my SS enjoys what I have created for her! BigGrin
RockinRobin1 Offline
#384 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:50:52 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 668 post(s)
Gwen, love your Maggie coloring. I still have my tissue box cover (and all the things you made me from when you were my SS) and I keep it up all year long. I just love your coloring. I need to practice more.
 1 user thanked RockinRobin1 for this useful post.
ScrappinGwen on 11/20/2013(UTC)
CraftyOldBat Offline
#385 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:32:25 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Get out the switch; I'm late! I was here on Sunday but saw that check-in was Monday so I waited... Guess that was a bad idea Blushing CHECKING IN!!!

I'm really not sure where this week has gone. Mom had MOHS surgery Thursday on a tiny spot on her forehead that was supposed to be easy-peasy but it wound up taking 8 hours and she has like a 5" long stitched area that goes from her hairline to beneath the eyebrow! I don't know if that experience threw her off or if it was coincidence but she's been kind of "challenging" for the last few days too which throws me/my schedule off. This morning I got up @ 7, did the morning routine, drove her to day care, went home and did a few chores and then sat on the couch to rest my eyes a few minutes cuz' I had a killer headache... And woke up 3 hours later! after the initial "Oh crap!" panic mode subsided and I realized she wasn't home and I didn't have anywhere I supposed to have been this morning, I realized I felt MUCH better!

So as far as the swap goes, I've tried a few things that were new to me but haven't been crazy about all of them so I'm still plugging along but all is good.

Terri be sure to pack your warm fuzzies for your trip north; Candy's sending us an arctic blast that's slated to be bring bitter cold temps on Sunday. Wave as you go by; with any luck I'll be hiding in my craft room...
DeniseE Offline
#386 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:46:13 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

All I have left are 4 things to finish.
Just checking in....

Denise
CMC56 Offline
#387 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:27:06 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Wows a Denise I can't wait to see the finished projects. Gwynne love the Tilda as usual. I strive to be able to color just like you.

Cheryl
motherloves3 Offline
#388 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 9:12:58 PM(UTC)
motherloves3

Canada

Mine is in the mail!! My SS should receive it in about a week!!BigGrin Enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving!
cricutjunky Offline
#389 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:06:30 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Glad your not worried!! I'm still here and yes I am done!!
I apologize for not checking in sooner, time just got away from me.
I see everyone else is really busy too :)
Love all the sneak peaks.
Love the Tilda, great colors.
Work has been keeping me very busy and it doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon Glare

ScrappinGwen Offline
#390 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:30:08 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Thanks for the compliments on Edwin and his colors but I must confess that I keep an eye out for colored examples that give out the copic numbers they used so I can save them in word and then refer to them when I'm ready to color an image.

If I don't have a set of numbers to refer to, I swear it takes me forever to pick out 3 colors to blend together!

I wish I had more time to copic color and learn more techniques cuz I fall in love with coloring everytime I do finally take time to play with my copics!

I've always said I want to be a painter in my next life cuz I sure as heck can't paint now. TO just be able to pick up a brush and dab it in colors and create scenes would be so awesome and so magical!

I think Motherof3 is the first to mail! Congrats to you!

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
motherloves3 on 11/21/2013(UTC)