Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lovestosew04ef5abc Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:33:50 PM(UTC)
lovestosew04ef5abc

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have been trying now for a week to get the CCR program to work on my MAC. I downloaded the app, created a file, and when I press CUT I get "no device found". I uninstalled my virus software and it still won't cut. Have any of you had similar problems that maybe can help me? I am getting very frustrated and ready to forget about CCR.Cursing
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:41:08 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7870 time(s) in 3684 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lovestosew04ef5abc Go to Quoted Post
I have been trying now for a week to get the CCR program to work on my MAC. I downloaded the app, created a file, and when I press CUT I get "no device found". I uninstalled my virus software and it still won't cut. Have any of you had similar problems that maybe can help me? I am getting very frustrated and ready to forget about CCR.Cursing

Your E2 must be updated using CricutSync before you can use it with CCR.

You can download CricutSync from http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync/

Once you done that CCR should recognise it.
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:29:03 PM(UTC)
lovestosew04ef5abc

United States

I downloaded Cricut Sync on my MAC and it still says device not plugged or not turned on. It is plugged in and turned on. I'm going to give up.Mad
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:55:20 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

I downloaded Cricut Sync on my MAC and it still says device not plugged or not turned on. It is plugged in and turned on. I'm going to give up.Mad

After you downloaded Cricut Sync did you follow the instructions at the Cricut Sync page? On the left of that screen you'll see some options. One of those is Cricut Expression 2 - Mac Install.
Mercy Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:19:26 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)

What is your processor and the speed of your processor? Which browser are you using? Are you internet, satellite broadband or dial up?
#6 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 4:55:17 AM(UTC)
lovestosew04ef5abc

United States

I don't know the processor or speed. I use Safari and the FIO's internet.Mellow
jaclyn.lieneck5e3310a3 Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 6:23:51 AM(UTC)
jaclyn.lieneck5e3310a3

I am also having problems with my Cricut Expression 2 being recognized on my MacBook Pro. I keep getting the bridge error when trying to open Cricut Sync.
Mercy Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:08:06 AM(UTC)
Mercy

I don't know the processor or speed. I use Safari and the FIO's internet.Mellow

If it is not working, then the problem is probably your internet. Can you try on another provider or computer or you might have to call PC so they can see if Verizon is the issue. Are you trying to update the E2 wirelessly or by USB?

Edited by user Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:15:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mercy Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:14:05 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: jaclyn.lieneck5e3310a3 Go to Quoted Post
I am also having problems with my Cricut Expression 2 being recognized on my MacBook Pro. I keep getting the bridge error when trying to open Cricut Sync.

What is your processor and the speed of your processor? Which browser are you using? Are you internet, satellite broadband or dial up? Are you able to add Cricut Crafroom to your Mac? Are you trying to update the E2 wirelessly or by USB?

Edited by user Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:16:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thesecretbasket9d54d934 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 1:07:13 AM(UTC)
thesecretbasket9d54d934

I have the same problem. I started this processed at 6:00pm and it is now 1:02am. I can't get in to the right CCR. It says I'm in just in the design room. click here to install. I do that and I get a bridge error. Grr
Not a great way to spend my BIRTHDAY! I would like to use the CCR and get started on my project and link my cartridges. What a Piss off!
Narelle Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 3:06:24 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: thesecretbasket9d54d934 Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem. I started this processed at 6:00pm and it is now 1:02am. I can't get in to the right CCR. It says I'm in just in the design room. click here to install. I do that and I get a bridge error. Grr
Not a great way to spend my BIRTHDAY! I would like to use the CCR and get started on my project and link my cartridges. What a Piss off!

Click on the Craft Room menu at the top of this screen (or go here: http://www.cricut.com/home/craftroom). Then click on the Mac icon to download the desktop version to your computer. Once installed click on the CCR icon on your desktop to open it.

Make sure you don't have Cricut Sync open when you are trying to use CCR.
CricutGena Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:50:14 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello Everyone! If you are having trouble connecting to Craft Room a call in to Customer Service is advisable. We can certainly assist you over the phone. The troubleshooting varies from person to person, and computer to computer. Please give us a call at 877-7cricut. We would be happy to assist you!
-Cricut Gena
Cricut Crafter Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 6:42:07 PM(UTC)
Cricut Crafter

Hopefully by now your issue has been resolved. I have a MacBook Air, and have been able to cut from the CCR with no problem - it recognizes the cut command, and I didn't even have to turn my anti virus off! So, good luck to you and hope it works. I love my E2 and now enjoy the adjustments to the shapes with CCR. Such versatility!!!BigGrin
roshninp112868539d84 Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 10:13:14 AM(UTC)
roshninp112868539d84

hi did you get it to work?? I have a new macbook air and i cant get sync to reconize my E2. please post if you have and how u did it.
mavolquezcdadc1676 Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 1:49:49 PM(UTC)
mavolquezcdadc1676

Originally Posted by: Cricut Crafter Go to Quoted Post
Hopefully by now your issue has been resolved. I have a MacBook Air, and have been able to cut from the CCR with no problem - it recognizes the cut command, and I didn't even have to turn my anti virus off! So, good luck to you and hope it works. I love my E2 and now enjoy the adjustments to the shapes with CCR. Such versatility!!!BigGrin

I also have a MacBook Air and every time I try to install the CCR I get this "it cannot open because is not an authorized author" I´m sick and tired of this. I´ve been trying for months. Even if I open the security it still won't open ! Can you tell me step by step how you did it? I´m kind of desperate Crying Bored
debrafaith6a9935d3 Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 5:15:27 PM(UTC)
debrafaith6a9935d3

I have an Imac and I've been fighting with it and my e2 for days. I finally got it to recognize the machine, but it stops cutting before the cut is complete Glare
kristencole2160cc8ed9a Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:42:55 PM(UTC)
kristencole2160cc8ed9a

I have an iMac as well and have bee working with it for over a month now to communicate with CCR. By itself, the machine works beautifully, but as soon as I try to lay out something in craft room and hook up my machine to cut it, it stops mid cut. I have uninstalled Craft room, Adobe air, and turned around to put all the information right back on the computer. I have double checked for driver issues, I bought a new USB, I have made sure that the machine had all of its updates installed, and still the same issues. I am unable to use my digital information with the craft room and need help with this issue. I called tech support and got no help except that it was possibly a known issue and that there was no ETA on fixing it and would just have to wait. I was told basically this is on Apple and my computer was too smart to communicate with my machine.
crystalclear8419f7fca525 Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:20:13 PM(UTC)
crystalclear8419f7fca525

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's not just macs that are having the issue. My PC won't stop mid cut but to just get it to cut can take up to 20 minutes! I'm so torn because I really love my cricut and if the program worked right I would end up buying so much more cartridges! However from what I have seen this last month since I installed it I am not impressed. I'm so ready to switch to a silhouette.
kimknipe31a588ae42 Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:31:54 PM(UTC)
kimknipe31a588ae42

i have had the same trouble and tried that link but had no luck, do you have any other suggestions?

hopehrhs46687a35 Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:42:37 AM(UTC)
hopehrhs46687a35

Hi,
I have the same issue. After updating to the latest operating system my Expression will not work. It worked just long enough to update the firmware and once done continues to tell me that my firmware needs updating. When I go through all the steps, it fails.
I called Tech support and got the "this is a known issue" answer. This leaves me with no way to really creatively use my machine. This is not a good enough answer.

I purchased an Imagine when it came out and thought I was doing something great. Now it seems it is almost an orphan machine. The mats are useless and it is the only thing that works with my Mac. So I can't use the Expression, and the Imagine can't be used because the paper won't stay on.

Come on, Provo, get with it. Solve these problems! There are now so many other wonderful machines out there. Prove to us that we should stick with you.

If anyone solves this problem, please LET US ALL KNOW!
Thanks!
scrapalette Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:17:47 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19029 time(s) in 8504 post(s)
Remember, this is a crafter to crafter forum. While there are lots of people on these forums that are willing to help other with problems, these forums aren't set up for Customer Service.

If you want/need PC Customer Service, call them. They have lots of Customer Services reps who are trained to help troubleshoot your specific problem while you are on the phone with them.

aphig414d7c17247 Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:00:47 AM(UTC)
aphig414d7c17247

I have a Mac and I have the same problems. I called Customer Service and they say that the Expression 2 has some issues communicating properly with Mac computers and that they are working on it. Unfortunately, I have had this problem since last year and it still isn't fixed yet.

When you get the "no device found message" try unplugging and plugging in the usb cord on the E2. That usually works for me.
babyboo266c4d952ee Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:27:12 AM(UTC)
babyboo266c4d952ee

I am having the same issues as everyone else with my E2 and my MAC. And just posted my comments on another thread. Extremely frustrated. If anyone has an update, please let me know.
gem.leaf.30abfa823 Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:57:57 PM(UTC)
gem.leaf.30abfa823

I bought a MacBook Air 2013 and tried to get it to work with the Craft Room, but I was getting a message saying there is no device detected. What solved my problem was using a USB hub connector and plugging it into my Macbook and then my Cricut E2 into the USB hub connector. I suspect (only being a bit of a geek) is the USB ports in my Mac are 3.0 while my cheap old 4 hub USB connector is an older, USB 2. My computer now recognizes my E2 and I can cut :^)

Perhaps this may help some of you.
jeanne.c8af42ea6 Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 2:37:32 PM(UTC)
jeanne.c8af42ea6

I was having the same problem trying to get my cricut expression 2 to be recognized by my macbook pro. It was all hooked up yet it said there was no device connected. After seeing another user's post about it possibly being something to do with the USB port I tried switching ports and this WORKED!!! When I was plugged in the the USB port closest to the front of the macbook (toward the track pad end) it wouldn't connect. When I simply plugged in to the USB port closer to where the power cord connects all of the sudden cricut sync could find the machine. Worth a shot if nothing else is working for you. :)