Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
cmfritchleya8e67f81 Offline
#31 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:46:01 PM(UTC)
cmfritchleya8e67f81

Groups: Registered

I was having the same problem as well but this is what worked for me. I switched the cord from one side, to the other of my computer and now I'm connected.

I hope this helps at least one person.
REGINEANN Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:41:35 AM(UTC)
REGINEANN

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi All - I had similar problems during the 1st installation of CCR software to my E2 and discovered my virus protection was the issue. I had to disable it during the firmware update and even checked my firewall settings; everything updated fine afterwards just remember to turn your virus/firewall settings back on or just reboot after the update is complete. My laptop is running Windows 8.1 and I have no problems using E2 machine (it is my backup machine because I also have an Explore that relies on CDS and sometimes it's offline). Hope this helps!

~Regineann
csimon450be8315fa Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2015 10:02:35 PM(UTC)
csimon450be8315fa

Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello all, if you are having connection issues we can assist you through customer service at 877-7cricut.

-Cricut Gena

Why can't you just tell us what to do on here???? Everyone with this issue is so angry! Not good.
canitazz4ever2635aba2 Offline
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:46:50 PM(UTC)
canitazz4ever2635aba2

Originally Posted by: csimon450be8315fa Go to Quoted Post
Why can't you just tell us what to do on here???? Everyone with this issue is so angry! Not good.

I totally agree. Post the solution on here and it can resolve the issue for so many. I'm really angry as I'm working on my son's birthday and then this happens. I have waisted more time and trying to read and get the issue fixed. I'm surely looking at other similar products cause this is total BS.Angry
ellenhogan92527275 Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:00:03 AM(UTC)
ellenhogan92527275

Well, I can see others are having the same frustrating issue that I am having. My E2 was working perfectly and then suddenly (I suspect after Cricut did an update) my craft room would not recognize my machine. I did the "restore" process that I was guided to do in the "help" menu and got to the blue screen. It tried to do the restore and kept getting stuck on the 4th step. Customer service did call me back and tried to reconnect it by using my computer remotely. I was told that they could not fix it for some reason and because it was beyond warranty I would have to send it to them so they could fix it. Meanwhile, I borrowed my friends E2 (new she never used it) and got a NEW laptop figuring that everything SHOULD work perfectly. Boy, was I wrong. Every time I plug my borrowed (new) E2 into my BRAND SPANKIN NEW laptop I get a message that says there was a "surge in the USB port" and it needs to be reset. I tried several different USB cords and then waited 45 minutes on hold with CS. The guy was very nice, but says he had never heard of this issue. I am just stunned. This is a NEW computer (windows 7 professional) and a new E2 machine. What it the problem??? I am losing time and money without my machine. I am sick over this. One day it was working perfectly and now I have nothing. I can see that this isn't just a problem that is unique to me. There must be something they can do to fix this and if not I think they should try to be a stand up company and offer me something that DOES work. I have been a loyal customer and have spent a lot of money on cartridges and mats and vinyl over the years. I am truly disappointed in this company after this. I was once a very loyal customer, but my loyalty is fading fast....
ursh.bachmana6865a38 Offline
#36 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 12:36:29 PM(UTC)
ursh.bachmana6865a38

It is truly amazing how many people are having difficulty with their E2 connecting to the computer. I too have the same problem and after trying everything and getting help through customer service was also told that there is nothing more they can do and because my machine is over a year old there was nothing they could do. Lovely!

What also upsets me is the fact that one of the reasons I bought this machine in the first place is for the wireless connectivity. However as usual this company not only had issues with manufacturing the device you had to pay for extra to get that connectivity, it never worked properly and the company just stopped supporting it. Again - Lovely!

Have you tried to buy or get support for your gypsy? Good luck! They don't support that product either!!

Then they come out with another new Cricut (Imagine) which ONLY will connect to computer! Forget using your cartridges. All I can say is I hope they don't have the same connectivity issue that the Expression 2 has because you wouldn't be able to use the dang thing at all. At least with the E2 you can still continue using it with the cartridges.

Overall I am extremely disappointed with the quality of these machines and that this company is more like a politician. They make promises but then don't deliver once you purchase the product.

My first E2 lasted 3 months but at least the company did replace it. Unfortunately the replacement connected the first time and hasn't since. I don't have my computer in the same place as my machine so connecting it to the computer is difficult. That is WHY I bought the E2 for the wireless connection which was never available where I live, never really worked and is no longer made. Angry
dnkrhodes3a1e241d Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2015 6:14:19 AM(UTC)
dnkrhodes3a1e241d

Mine worked liked a charm when working in Cricut Craft Room (google it for link, cause you can't find on Cricut homepage)
The cable doesn't communicate Design Space to Expression2, only Explore.
Had to watch Kens Kreations on YouTube comparing Expression2 with Explore. Learned a lot now and willing to work on limitations since only bought this in less than a year ago.