Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Kiethann Offline
#31 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2013 4:21:00 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 659 time(s) in 499 post(s)
Here is sketch 4 non traditional Christmas colors. I used a snowflake as my mask and gained a really cool looking snowflake after it dried. The saying I stamped on this reads It's beginning to look like Christmas.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:10:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann attached the following image(s):
nontraditional christmasxcredit 001.jpg
bonus snowflake 001.jpg
Gisele Offline
#32 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2013 4:44:12 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hi everyone! I will comment soon on the wonderful cards. I chose to make Christmas tags with the sketches this week. I finished my cards yesterday, mainly finishing the inside and the envelopes. Last January I started on the right foot, doing the whole card, inside and envelope. I only had 3 complete cards in my stash! BigGrin So that will be my 2014 resolution....again !

Sketch #1 - Only Cricut used is the tree which comes from Joys of the Season.

Gisele Offline
#33 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2013 4:49:21 PM(UTC)
Gisele

And now Sketch #2 - Cricut used were Teresa Collins for the December 25th and 3 Birds on Parade for the Christmas lights. Carol - I believe last week that you commented on the different size of the 25th, that is how it on Teresa Collins cart and it seems to work well BigGrin.

Oh yes - on the back of each tag, it is black chalkboard. I painted each tag with the paint and then just added an accent of the front of the paper. My family feels that I put too much effort into a tag to simply toss it away and so I thought I would make tags that we could re-use for a few years and everyone could add the "To" and "From" with real chalk.

Gisele Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2013 4:52:02 PM(UTC)
Gisele

And now here is Sketch #3 - I flipped the image for this tag. I used Christmas cart for the angel, all other cuts are by hand. The tags were done using Tim Holtz die as I made the base with chipboard (recycled cereal and cracker boxes).

Gisele Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2013 5:12:26 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Donna – Thanks again for hosting at this busy time of the year! What a great card for Sketch #1 – lots of new techniques and plenty of details. The stamp is a great! Sketch #2 – Great background with Artbooking cart – love the colours too! Sketch #3 – wow!!! Lovely card with such wonderful papers, cute bow and perfect details! Your DGGD will love this card when she is older and can appreciate it! Perfect Sketch #4 in the non-traditional colours! This will be a challenge for me! Love the white and gold Sketch #4 too! TFS your Mojo Monday card – what intricate work! How was it to use TH distress paints?

BingoLady – What a great Christmas card - love how you combined Santa from Doodlecharms and the wreath from Celebrate with flourishes. Wow! Stunning card for Sketch #2 – love everything about it and what a great embossing folder!

Turtlebug – You might not want to know how cold it has been for me…sometimes around 10 degrees Farenheit. BigGrin I just love your non-traditional Christmas card using the Winter Wonderland cart….everything looks so good! You may have made a slight “boo-boo” with Sketch #2 but it did turn out very well.

Britishgirl – Glad you could join in this week! Wonderful white and silver card for Sketch #4!

Carol – You’ve made some wonderful Nativity scene cards! My favourite is your Sketch #4 in white and red! What a great idea to use the Silent Night music sheet. It’s great that you can use one focal pont and create different cards!

Kiethann – glad you’re back to making cards! Hope you’re fully recovered. Great sketch # 2 and lots of little details! Love your non-traditional card and great use of a mask! Something for me to try in 2014!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 12/17/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#36 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2013 5:49:16 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2612 time(s) in 1371 post(s)
WOW so excited to see so many new cards since I took a peak early this morning.BigGrin
Had been out shopping today then tried to get my Christmas card list in order so was not back on the MB till now.

Carol - love what you are doing with the Nativity cut, love the red & white one and how you added the doily.

Turtlebug - thanks for sharing that picture of the punch. What an ingenious idea to cut them apart and use them on the card ThumpUp

Keithann - so nice to see you back, hope you are feeling well. #2 Your card is adorable, the Santa is cute and what a great idea to use the flocking. Love your wreath, I love using that punch to make wreaths. #4 very pretty and I love the soft look of the snowflake. Fabulous idea to use it as a mask. Snowflake looks very pretty.

Gisele - #1 tag Wow I love it! the papers are so pretty and I love the tree. #2 OMG this is adorable I love the string of lights and how you used them to follow the sketch. What a great idea to use the chalkboard paint and be able to reuse your gorgeous tags. #3 you are the tag master! I love love what you did with this one, I know this sketch was a challenge but you pulled it off well using all the Christmas papers. Love the delicate angel cut
So nice that you had such a great head start on your Christmas cards. Do you make all you envelopes also? I know what you mean about the insides, I am trying to better at doing the insides right away, at least I get the same papers cut and put them in the baggie with my card so it is easy to finish the inside when I go to use the card.

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 12/11/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#37 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2013 6:14:43 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 566 post(s)
Hi everyone,

Here is my #2 card in untraditional colors. I'll be back tomorrow to comment.

Dee

The papers are from a Christmas Pack from last year by My Mind's Eye called "Signature Christmas."

[img=http://][/img]

Kiethann Offline
#38 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2013 6:48:35 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Ok, here is sketch 1 using the add challenge colors. I sort of went out of my comfort zone on this one. Used three of Tim Holtz stamps and also used one of his alteration folders. Plus used another embossing folder (the music notes one) I also used a rubber stamp with words on it. I also used distress inks and Momento and Brilliance inks. The saying reads Always know in your heart that you are far bigger than anything that can happen to you. (from Tim Holtz stampers anonymous.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:12:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: edited post

sketch1 add color challenge 001.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#39 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 1:25:59 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 962 time(s) in 650 post(s)
# 4 sketch, I used Winter Wonderland for the snowflack
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
img025.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#40 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 1:46:07 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 962 time(s) in 650 post(s)
Turtlebug, nice use of the Angel, came out very nice. Nice way to use those
old Xmas cards.

Kiethann, looks like you have been doing better. All your cards came out nice.
Great idea using the music notes, And the Santa came out so nice. Love the
snowflake.

Gisele, wow, all the tags came out so awesome,my favorite is the one with the
angel.

Dee, nice Xmas card, the paper is so pretty. I havn,t seen those colors.
They all look so nice.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 12/11/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#41 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 2:37:46 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 566 post(s)
Thanks Bingolady. The papers look really pretty in person, but it was hard to get a good photo of the card.

Here is #4. I also made a few others, as I still needed cards. These also use papers from the same Christmas Pack and the blue one is a single sheet, probably from Joann's. I've used lots of Stickles and put gauze on one of them. (It always looks good on other people's card, not so sure on this one!)

Thanks, Dee

Kiethann Offline
#42 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 5:15:01 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

UGHHH!!! Went back to surgeon today. some areas are not healing the way they should. He had to do some debridement. OUCH!!! Go back to see him in 2 weeks. Hope to work on my last card (sketch 3)this evening when the pain subsides a little bit.

Also had a little shock today. Went to JoAnns before going to surgeon's and tried to use my credit card. It was declined. Pulled out a different card and the same thing happened. Called both customer numbers after leaving dr's appointment. Both customer representatives told me there was nothing wrong with my credit cards. Stopped at gas station to put gas in my car and used one of the credit cards. It worked just fine.

Want to comment on all of your lovely cards but not tonight.
tigger2000 Offline
#43 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 6:22:53 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Ladies,

I have a silly question: How do you post your pictures so that the pictures shows right away without anyone having to click on the attachment? I tried copy and paste but it didn't work..

Thanks!
*NanaDonna* Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 7:53:10 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello hope everyone had a great weekend and wonderful Monday. Was busy today as Mom & I put up our Christmas tree. It looks cute decorated all with snowmen.

Dee - I love your non-traditional Christmas card beautiful sparkly papers. Great bow. Great card for sketch #4 I love them all but especially like the background paper on the first one, very pretty. Great sparkle on the second one and I had never seen the gauze thing but love the way it looks on your card.

Keithann - great card using the ad colors, Great job with all the embossing and stamping, love the bow

Bingolady - WOW this is an awesome card, I love the colors and that snowflake cut very pretty,

I know this is a busy time of year but thrilled with all the cards so far, keep em comin!

Edited by user Monday, December 09, 2013 8:01:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: oops

*NanaDonna* Offline
#45 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:31:42 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: tigger2000 Go to Quoted Post
Ladies,

I have a silly question: How do you post your pictures so that the pictures shows right away without anyone having to click on the attachment? I tried copy and paste but it didn't work..

Thanks!

Tigger do you use Photobucket? You have to use a photo program that provides you with a "direct link" to your photo, then click the little mountain icon and insert your direct link to your photo then it will show up right away without having to click on it to blow it up. Hope this helps if you have anymore questions just let me know.
TurtleBug Offline
#46 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:15:04 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 952 time(s) in 614 post(s)
OK! Here is my second attempt at the Double Extra Credit Challenge. Except I reversed it and did more of a traditional Christmas color with a touch of white instead.
Am nearing my Friday deadline for the soccer posters (need to finish by tomorrow night), but hope I get time to make another card before this challenge week is over. Have a soccer tournament Sat. & Sun. in Phoenix....we'll see!Smile

My #2 in the Second Extra Credit Challenge:

Tree - Winter Wonderland cartridge
Diamond Cut - Spellbinder die
Happy Holidays - Stamped with Stazon in "Forest Green" using an acrylic stamp from a Michael's Christmas Stamp collection
Ribbon - Is green and white with sparkly metallic thread through it.
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Winter Trees" folder
Green Snowflakes - Are Christmas confetti which I added green bling to the centers
I added a green star gem to the treetop and tiny bling to the tree tips.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:16:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#47 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:03:42 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Boy has it been a couple busy daysHuh doctor appointments post office etc etc, lind glad i was hosting this week because it would have been hard to get any cards made.BigGrin

Turtlebug - fabulous card! Great idea to reverse the green with a splash of white, love the matting and how you embossed only a part of the card. Love how you carried out the whole green theme. Very very well put together card.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 12/17/2013(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#48 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:31:41 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sketch#1 I used the cricut to cut a 2 1/2" circle with George and Basic Shapes. I used Straight from the Nest- corner feature- to cut the scalloped corners at 1". The deer I printed on my HP printer using a computer print program. I added some metal brads and used some hemp cord. So hoping this works for a man card.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
deer 2.jpg
sincitychix Offline
#49 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:31:24 PM(UTC)
sincitychix

Was thanked: 472 time(s) in 213 post(s)
Finally going to try a challenge. This is sketch #4 with the extra credit.

Let It Snow

TFL!
Jen
TurtleBug Offline
#50 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:33:26 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies,
YIPPY!!!! My DD informed me last night NOT to rush finishing the soccer posters for the team, they won't need them till middle of January now. So, I can now breath easier and get some things done....like posting my comments, for one!BigGrin

Kiethann
Glad you are feeling up to making some cards, hope all is well with you.
#2 - Your card is opening smaller than the actual post, so I will comment on what I can see. I bet the Santa looks real nice with the red/white flocking. The MS punch makes a very pretty wreath and Christmas tree when layered over and over. Cute musical notes and Merry Christmas ribbon...sometimes we do have to improvise and use what we have.
#4 & Non-Traditional Ex. credit - Very neat idea to spray the snowflake, sort of like using a stencil. Like the soft blue/purple-ish color. Sorry, the sentiment is too small to read. The snowflake is pretty for a tree ornament.
#1 and Ad Colors - Nice! Lots of details and techniques. I, too, am leery of using stamps, cause 99% of the time it will be the last thing I add to the card, and if I mess up it's back to the drawing board for me!
2nd #1 - Great male card! Love the deep blue color and the deer image is very nice. The leafy pattern paper works well with the image background.

Gisele
Great idea to make tags out of the sketches!! All keepers for sure!
#1 - LOVE all the details, especially the tree garland and Santa paper.
#2 - What a great idea for the back. Really loving that Dec. 25th cut everytime you use it, which TCollins cart is it from? Like the string of lights for the lines in the sketch.
#3 - Very elegant....for Mom/Daughter?? Love all the paper patterns and how it looks on the flipped side.

DeeScraps
#2 & Non-Traditional Ex. Credit - Beautiful! Very pretty glittery papers and love the bow made from lace. The center flower in brown and torquoise really brings out the colors of the background papers.
#4 - Very pretty pattern paper and love the snowflake with all that glitter. No need for a sentiment on this one!
Second - AHHH!! another one but in gold!! So pretty and love the doily.
Third - Have never seen a card made with gauze on it, but I actually like this look. Like the sentiment stamped on the snowflake center with the silver edging. Which cart is this snowflake from?

BingoLady
#4 - Very pretty in blues and white, the snowflake looks very nice cut out from pattern paper. Wow...you did some inking around the scalloped circle edges, can't recall you making a card using inking like this before, looks great! Love the sentiment, too.

sincitychix
You did it!! See it wasn't so bad and you did great!
#4 & Double Extra Credit - LOVE the glittery center of the snowflake. The frame with the inked edges is very nice, perfect sentiment with all the snowflake embossing. Please continue to share with us.Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:36:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
sincitychix on 12/11/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#51 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:46:10 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Well another busy day around here LOL, someday I will get my Christmas cards addressedUnsure

Carol - Very nice guy card. I love the deer image you printed, nice paper combination and the hemp is the perfect added touch.

Jen - WOW I love your card and the way you added the green glitter layer behind the snowflake. Wonderful card and sure hope you join us again would love to see more cards from you.

Turtlebug - glad you got a little breathing room on the soccer posters, especially this time of year when time is so precious
 2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 12/11/2013(UTC), sincitychix on 12/12/2013(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#52 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:56:08 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

OK, Here is sketch 3. I used liquid pearls for the "ribbon". Did a double stamp on the oval. Used George to cut the oval shape and used the chicken wire folder for the bottom section. I will try to make the images a little larger. Thanks for letting me know.

Hmm, I can not get it to change sorry. The saying on this one is May the warm winds of friendship blow softly today. I again used tattered Angels glimmer mist on each section and then coated the chicken wire folder with rust orange color before embossing.

Edited by user Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:47:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: edited photo

sketch 4 repeat 001.jpg
Kiethann Offline
#53 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:15:22 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ladies,
YIPPY!!!! My DD informed me last night NOT to rush finishing the soccer posters for the team, they won't need them till middle of January now. So, I can now breath easier and get some things done....like posting my comments, for one!BigGrin

Kiethann
Glad you are feeling up to making some cards, hope all is well with you.
#2 - Your card is opening smaller than the actual post, so I will comment on what I can see. I bet the Santa looks real nice with the red/white flocking. The MS punch makes a very pretty wreath and Christmas tree when layered over and over. Cute musical notes and Merry Christmas ribbon...sometimes we do have to improvise and use what we have.
#4 & Non-Traditional Ex. credit - Very neat idea to spray the snowflake, sort of like using a stencil. Like the soft blue/purple-ish color. Sorry, the sentiment is too small to read. The snowflake is pretty for a tree ornament.
#1 and Ad Colors - Nice! Lots of details and techniques. I, too, am leery of using stamps, cause 99% of the time it will be the last thing I add to the card, and if I mess up it's back to the drawing board for me!
2nd #1 - Great male card! Love the deep blue color and the deer image is very nice. The leafy pattern paper works well with the image background. I think this is someone else's card. I only made one of sketch one.

Gisele
Great idea to make tags out of the sketches!! All keepers for sure!
#1 - LOVE all the details, especially the tree garland and Santa paper.
#2 - What a great idea for the back. Really loving that Dec. 25th cut everytime you use it, which TCollins cart is it from? Like the string of lights for the lines in the sketch.
#3 - Very elegant....for Mom/Daughter?? Love all the paper patterns and how it looks on the flipped side.

DeeScraps
#2 & Non-Traditional Ex. Credit - Beautiful! Very pretty glittery papers and love the bow made from lace. The center flower in brown and torquoise really brings out the colors of the background papers.
#4 - Very pretty pattern paper and love the snowflake with all that glitter. No need for a sentiment on this one!
Second - AHHH!! another one but in gold!! So pretty and love the doily.
Third - Have never seen a card made with gauze on it, but I actually like this look. Like the sentiment stamped on the snowflake center with the silver edging. Which cart is this snowflake from?

BingoLady
#4 - Very pretty in blues and white, the snowflake looks very nice cut out from pattern paper. Wow...you did some inking around the scalloped circle edges, can't recall you making a card using inking like this before, looks great! Love the sentiment, too.

sincitychix
You did it!! See it wasn't so bad and you did great!
#4 & Double Extra Credit - LOVE the glittery center of the snowflake. The frame with the inked edges is very nice, perfect sentiment with all the snowflake embossing. Please continue to share with us.Smile

TurtleBug Offline
#54 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:21:57 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
UGHHH!!! Went back to surgeon today. some areas are not healing the way they should. He had to do some debridement. OUCH!!! Go back to see him in 2 weeks. Hope to work on my last card (sketch 3)this evening when the pain subsides a little bit.

Also had a little shock today. Went to JoAnns before going to surgeon's and tried to use my credit card. It was declined. Pulled out a different card and the same thing happened. Called both customer numbers after leaving dr's appointment. Both customer representatives told me there was nothing wrong with my credit cards. Stopped at gas station to put gas in my car and used one of the credit cards. It worked just fine.

Oh Kiethann,
Sorry to hear you had a setback and hope your pain has subsided. Prayers for a better appointment in 2 weeks...take care.ThumpUp

Oh, these bank cards!!! Lets all just go back to good old cash! About 2 months ago I went through the drive-thru to make a deposit and SOMEHOW on it's way from me placing it in the tube to the teller my debit card was lost. Took forever to get that mess figured out...and someone did try to use my card at an ATM....sounded like an inside job to me!!

Be well, take care!
TurtleBug
Kiethann Offline
#55 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:29:03 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

thanks turtlebug. Happy ending to the saga about my credit cards. After talking with both of the banks, turns out there must have been a glitch in JoAnn's card readers. I stopped and put gas in my car using one of the cards and it worked just fine.

Still having some issues with the areas debrided, but not as much pain/discomfort. Looks like I probably will not be signing up for unemployment at all this year.
tigger2000 Offline
#56 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:36:53 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
NanaDonna, Thank you for your reply!ThumpUp I do not use photobucket but I guess I'll have to start using it (I wonder if shutterfly would work?). Maybe this weekend I will play around with it. I really like the way the cards show up instead of clicking on an attachment.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#57 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:55:18 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: tigger2000 Go to Quoted Post
NanaDonna, Thank you for your reply!ThumpUp I do not use photobucket but I guess I'll have to start using it (I wonder if shutterfly would work?). Maybe this weekend I will play around with it. I really like the way the cards show up instead of clicking on an attachment.

I agree I like the way the cards show up better you can see so much more detail. If Shutterfly generates a direct link code for the picture then it would work. Otherwise check out Photobucket it is free
Kiethann Offline
#58 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:55:10 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Regarding my post #52. I had posted a pic of my card (based on sketch 3) but when I went to it this morning, I noticed it was not there. So I have rescanned it and posted it again on post #52. Have no idea what happened to it the first time!
britishgirl Offline
#59 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 12:38:50 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Very nice cards every one i am hoping to get at least 2 more done
britishgirl Offline
#60 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 2:58:52 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
here is my take on sketch 1 with the ad colors
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_2619.JPG