Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Daniel Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 10:44:10 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Groups: Registered

Hey everyone. I work at a print shop that sells vinyl and I found out about the Cricut machines from some ladies who came in to buy some from us. They were telling me how cheap our vinyl prices were and telling me about their Cricuts and they sounded cool, so I went home and was telling my mom about them only to find out we have one that's never been opened. So now here I am with access to all of this vinyl really cheap and a new toy at home, so I'm excited to start playing with it. Only thing is, I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing. If anyone has time to give me some pointers, I'd be truly grateful. I can't offer much in return except that I can get you some vinyl at really good prices. Hopefully that will be enough to entice you to spend a little time teaching me what to do. Message me back if you're willing to help and I'll be truly grateful.

All the Best,
Daniel
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 12:16:39 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 886 time(s) in 423 post(s)
Which cricut machine do you have and do you have any design cartridges to go with it - there are several differnt machines and some have even been discontinued. if it has been purchased for a while and never been used, there will be some updating that needs to be done - here is where I can't give you much directive on how to do that but there are lots of others on here that can and I am sure will chime in soon. The machines use cartridges have the art work on them that you will need to cut from. PC also has some of their cartridges in digital format that can be bought and downloaded to use rather than having the physical cartridge.

I would suggest first to download the cricut craftroom by clicking on the craft room at the top of this page. This is a free design program that allows you to do so much more with the cricut machine than what you can do with just the machine by itself. You have to be connected to the internet though to be able to use the craft room. If you can get it downloaded, there are tutorials will cover the basics. If you can work through getting the machine updated and craftroom installed, at that point it can be addictive and so much fun to use and create.

ask questions, there are lots of us that try to help when we can.
TammyPuckett Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 12:46:50 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 192 post(s)
You will have a great time with it! Just remember that all Cricut machines are cartridge based! Download the CCR & get started. I use YouTube a lot when looking for a tutorial on something specific. Enjoy!