Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Luvutwo Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:32:53 PM(UTC)
Luvutwo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sorry if this was already brought up and I missed it but I was wondering if PC will be at CHA in January. I know they haven't been to the last few shows. Looking forward to seeing some new products from them.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:45:27 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18942 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
Rumors are that they've had a new machine in the works but I don't know if it's ready to launch. I wouldn't expect them to have a booth if they don't have anything new to release. Apparently, CHA has become very expensive and the numbers of vendors has been decreasing {or they are renting smaller booth spaces}. I wish CHA would go back to having the events in different {less expensive} cities. Some of the LSS owners I know don't even bother to go to Winter CHA because LA is so expensive. If CHA isn't bringing in buyers for the companies that do rent spaces, the vendors will quit coming.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:46:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

Scootingranny Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:15:14 PM(UTC)
Scootingranny

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3484 time(s) in 1903 post(s)
I went online and looked at the vendor's list and neither Provocraft nor Cricut are on the list. And I agree with what Scrapalette said about CHA
CraftyKat Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:56:38 PM(UTC)
CraftyKat

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Nope PC isn't listed in CHA show. But they are going to the Alt Design Summit. Is anyone familiar with that?

http://www.cricut.com/ho...icket-to-alt-summit-2014

Would love to see some new Cricut products, we don't even seem to have Hello Thursday anymore.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:58:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scootingranny Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:50:45 PM(UTC)
Scootingranny

Was thanked: 3484 time(s) in 1903 post(s)
Thanks for the info CraftyKat. I went to your link to the Cricut blog and it says the summit is "We've created a place where design and lifestyle bloggers in all their forms— foodies, photographers, travelers, fashionistas, interior designers, product placers, adventurers — come together, share ideas and connect with marketers. There will be discussions on how to grow your site, how to fund your site, how to keep your site above the fray. You'll find panels on blogging best business practices and learn about what is new in the blogging world. People will share good advice for creative entrepreneurs. Friends will be made. Contact books will be filled"

So I'm confused about why Cricut would be a sponsor as it doesn't sound quite like a show like CHA but from looking at the photos on the Altitude Summit website, it appears ProvoCraft has been there before http://www.flickr.com/ph...in/set-72157628936018181

Edited by user Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:53:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

melodylanedesigns Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 8:07:49 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1874 time(s) in 928 post(s)
I think they want to let people know that cricut is just not for scrap booking anymore, you can do so much more with it. I never heard of the Cricut until 2 or 3 years after it's existence. When I did I was told it's for scrap booking, I don't scrapbook and after I looked at the price and price of cartridges $89 at the time I didn't look at it again until I was told if cuts fabric, I had a sewing addiction at the time. Now, since I got my cricut I have a paper addiction.

People are shocked when they find out all the home decor and design your clothing and so much more with the Cricut. We made big snow flakes and hung them in our salon and clients couldn't get over the Cricut did them, I don't know what they thought the cricut did. But if you are not in the crafting world or stores they never know what it is.

Ok I will shut up now...all I am trying to say is...I think..Provo Craft is trying to expand their clientele to other fields, not just crafters.
 3 users thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/20/2013(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 12/22/2013(UTC), Scootingranny on 1/3/2014(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:29:02 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 348 time(s) in 232 post(s)
If that is the case then it would probably be in PC's best interest to open up their machines to using 3rd party software.

I've seen people come to this message board expecting to be able to design everything from wood working templates to business logos...... only to find out that unless they find some image that might remotely resemble what they want to design - it's a no go.

So PC might be doing themselves more harm than good if they are intending to promote their machines as having unlimited design capability. It's only "unlimited" within their proprietary stock of images.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/3/2014(UTC)