Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
CricutGena Offline
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:16:57 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 999 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Thanks Narelle!
dawn.brewerd52bfcf9 Offline
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:38:19 PM(UTC)
dawn.brewerd52bfcf9

I'm sure that all the windows people are now happy but what about the Mac 10.9 version update?
Any release date for this?
bnrowleyfda9822b Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:20:22 PM(UTC)
bnrowleyfda9822b

Angry When is the update for Mac OSX 10.9 going to be released? I have a very expensive paperweight right now.

Can we get an official response please?
amanda.opriciaed90ebc Offline
#34 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 10:53:38 PM(UTC)
amanda.opriciaed90ebc

What about Mac users?
dalloway425b9992c0b Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 1:15:06 PM(UTC)
dalloway425b9992c0b

I, too am still having trouble with connection being lost between cuts. I have to close CCR and reopen it in between every cut and layer. I WILL NEVER buy a digital cartridge again. I was told that the digital cartridges would automatically load to E2 every Tuesday with the updates... HOWEVER, that is not the case and I can only use them via CCR which works less than 25% of the time. This is HORRIBLE. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
dalloway425b9992c0b Offline
#36 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 1:16:40 PM(UTC)
dalloway425b9992c0b

Originally Posted by: dalloway425b9992c0b Go to Quoted Post
I, too am still having trouble with connection being lost between cuts. I have to close CCR and reopen it in between every cut and layer. I WILL NEVER buy a digital cartridge again. I was told that the digital cartridges would automatically load to E2 every Tuesday with the updates... HOWEVER, that is not the case and I can only use them via CCR which works less than 25% of the time. This is HORRIBLE. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

ALSO using a MAC
MyPinkJourney Offline
#37 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 1:20:30 PM(UTC)
MyPinkJourney

Hi,
Just purchased a Mac and am unable to use CCR.... So unfortunate.
oneontane15e2277 Offline
#38 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 6:08:30 PM(UTC)
oneontane15e2277

so, who is accountable for all this lost time when we can't use our digital cartridges?
TxKnitter Offline
#39 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2013 5:59:25 PM(UTC)
TxKnitter

Hello,

I am still having problems with my Expression 2 not wanting to cut. It will load/unload mat though. I have uninstalled and re-installed. I have done the update for Windows 8.1. Any suggestions? I just purchased some images and now it just seems like a waste of money.

Tiff
suznut22 Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:32:44 PM(UTC)
suznut22

When is the update going to be made on the MAC OS? There are some Christmas items I needed to make for gifts and have been stuck since the CCR is not syncing to my machine. I'm very UPSET! Please let us know when this glitch as been fixed Angry
sarah_patten8fba08df Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:01:50 AM(UTC)
sarah_patten8fba08df

hi cricut gena
My husband kindly bought me as a suprise a mini cricut machine from the gadget show last november.
Sadly since then not been able to use it. hope you can help, been trying different things.
My computer is a windows 8.1 64bit.
The problem is when we try to download the cricut studio software, it trys to download adobe air ,
then crashes out with an error.The machine already has adobe air version 1 on it and we cannot uninstall it.
ive tried to click the box on software to not install adobe air but it is perminantly ticked as not optional.The machine will not let us upgrade to the new version.
The machine i'm using is HP Intel(r)Core(TM)i5-3210M CPU @2.50GHz.
The anti virus is NORTON 360.
My e-mail is sarah_patten@btinternet.com.
My name is Sarah Patten.
I realy hope you can help me.
kind regards
Sarah Patten
CricutGena Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:45:45 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

To install the most up to date version of Craft Room, you will go to: http://www.cricut.com/home/usemini and select ‘Download for MAC’. This will then download and install the latest version of the Cricut Craft Room (Build 187). Once installed, you will open the program and log in.

With this update, once your machine is connected to Craft Room and powered on you will see a popup box that says "CCRBridge is trying to install a new helper tool..." go ahead an enter your password and click on the install helper button and you should be good to go!

***Please Note: You will need the admin log in information to install this helper.

Once you have entered in your password information, the program will continue to operate the way it would normally. This is a ONE time update, you should not be given this prompt again. Please let us know if you continue to experience any other issues by replying directly to this message, or by contacting one of our representatives at 877-727-4288. We would be happy to help!
smilin_happilyf11cd7cb Offline
#43 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 5:51:17 PM(UTC)
smilin_happilyf11cd7cb

Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
To install the most up to date version of Craft Room, you will go to: http://www.cricut.com/home/usemini and select ‘Download for MAC’. This will then download and install the latest version of the Cricut Craft Room (Build 187). Once installed, you will open the program and log in.

With this update, once your machine is connected to Craft Room and powered on you will see a popup box that says "CCRBridge is trying to install a new helper tool..." go ahead an enter your password and click on the install helper button and you should be good to go!

***Please Note: You will need the admin log in information to install this helper.

Once you have entered in your password information, the program will continue to operate the way it would normally. This is a ONE time update, you should not be given this prompt again. Please let us know if you continue to experience any other issues by replying directly to this message, or by contacting one of our representatives at 877-727-4288. We would be happy to help!

"Install Cricut-Craft Room" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." is the popup window I get.

I have to say that I am extremely dissatisfied with all this.
CricutGena Offline
#44 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 9:10:14 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Originally Posted by: smilin_happilyf11cd7cb Go to Quoted Post
"Install Cricut-Craft Room" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." is the popup window I get.

Hello- You can contact Apple for instructions to change the security setting on your Mac to allow programs from unidentified developers. It is a setting on your Mac, not an issue with the program it's self. I hope this helps.

-Cricut Gena
chibimoondotus039d4e62 Offline
#45 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 9:58:40 PM(UTC)
chibimoondotus039d4e62

Originally Posted by: smilin_happilyf11cd7cb Go to Quoted Post

If you hold shift and right click on it, choose Open from the menu and it will open.
jodeen3cf6f8fc Offline
#46 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 1:16:04 PM(UTC)
jodeen3cf6f8fc

Any update for Mac 10.9 yet?
Narelle Offline
#47 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 6:20:27 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jodeen3cf6f8fc Go to Quoted Post
Any update for Mac 10.9 yet?

Yes... Scroll up to post #42.
stampwab6e2ae624 Offline
#48 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 7:21:51 PM(UTC)
stampwab6e2ae624

I got a MacBook Pro for Christmas and I'm trying to download Cricut Craft Room onto my new laptop. It's NOT letting me do it!! I even went to post #42 and clicked on the link for the download there, and still didn't work!??!

Any help out there? I'd appreciate itConfused
Narelle Offline
#49 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 9:31:04 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: stampwab6e2ae624 Go to Quoted Post
I got a MacBook Pro for Christmas and I'm trying to download Cricut Craft Room onto my new laptop. It's NOT letting me do it!! I even went to post #42 and clicked on the link for the download there, and still didn't work!??!

Any help out there? I'd appreciate itConfused

Originally Posted by: chibimoondotus039d4e62 Go to Quoted Post
If you hold shift and right click on it, choose Open from the menu and it will open.

island-baby Offline
#50 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 11:33:43 PM(UTC)
island-baby

I am only running windows 7 and CCR is just a total nightmare to me! I guess I'll be holding off in our upgrade to 8. My husband bought me the CE2 for Christmas and I've only been able to make one successful cut in CCR, and CCR won't recognize my cartridges. I managed to finally get a second cut started but it just stopped 1/3 of the way. I have updated and completed the sync but it's just not working. When I go to cut it says "checking mat" and just stays like that. I only managed to accomplish one small successful cut by restarting both the machine and the program, and then the program once again. My husband is an IT whiz and even he is baffled and he's the only reason I have even gotten this far! I am seriously considering returning it as there has yet to be any plus side to owning this infuriating device!Angry
Narelle Offline
#51 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 12:14:49 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: island-babyf7e14996 Go to Quoted Post
I am only running windows 7 and CCR is just a total nightmare to me! I guess I'll be holding off in our upgrade to 8. My husband bought me the CE2 for Christmas and I've only been able to make one successful cut in CCR, and CCR won't recognize my cartridges. I managed to finally get a second cut started but it just stopped 1/3 of the way. I have updated and completed the sync but it's just not working. When I go to cut it says "checking mat" and just stays like that. I only managed to accomplish one small successful cut by restarting both the machine and the program, and then the program once again. My husband is an IT whiz and even he is baffled and he's the only reason I have even gotten this far! I am seriously considering returning it as there has yet to be any plus side to owning this infuriating device!Angry

Have you added Cricut-Craft Room.exe and Cricut sync.exe as exceptions to your anti-virus program?
Karen Dee Offline
#52 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2014 7:38:31 PM(UTC)
Karen Dee

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
After wading through all comments on the Cricut/Mavericks (Mac) problem here is the link leading to the CCR version that fixed my problem:

http://www.cricut.com/home/usemini

There are 2 versions, one for Windows and one for Mac.
bnrowleyfda9822b Offline
#53 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 10:26:11 AM(UTC)
bnrowleyfda9822b

Angry I have a MacBook Air and cannot get CCR to work. It doesn't recognize that I have an E2. I have installed CCR on a friend's laptop that is a windows machine and it keeps getting stuck on checking mat status. I'm completely frustrated with this software.
scrapalette Offline
#54 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 10:41:15 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Karen Dee Go to Quoted Post
After wading through all comments on the Cricut/Mavericks (Mac) problem here is the link leading to the CCR version that fixed my problem:

http://www.cricut.com/home/usemini

There are 2 versions, one for Windows and one for Mac.

If you click on the Craft Room tab at the top of the forum and then Download, it will take you to the updated programs.
scrapalette Offline
#55 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 10:43:30 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bnrowleyfda9822b Go to Quoted Post
Angry I have a MacBook Air and cannot get CCR to work. It doesn't recognize that I have an E2. I have installed CCR on a friend's laptop that is a windows machine and it keeps getting stuck on checking mat status. I'm completely frustrated with this software.

Probably best to call PC and let CS help you get CCR running on whichever computer(s) you will be using. You can download and design in CCR on numerous computers, but you can only have the cutting rights to your images on 2 computers. {They can deactivate your friend's computer on your account if you won't be cutting from it.}
MelanieWillsey Offline
#56 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 3:57:48 PM(UTC)
MelanieWillsey

I am currently using mac OS 10.7.5 and just downloaded the latest version of CCR v1.0 build-187 and keep getting a "service error" message when trying to log in? any suggestions on how to fix??
smilin_happilyf11cd7cb Offline
#57 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 7:08:11 PM(UTC)
smilin_happilyf11cd7cb

Originally Posted by: MelanieWillsey Go to Quoted Post
I am currently using mac OS 10.7.5 and just downloaded the latest version of CCR v1.0 build-187 and keep getting a "service error" message when trying to log in? any suggestions on how to fix??

I'm experiencing this as well, and I just am ready to sell my Cricut machine, my account (since most of my cartridges are digital), and my non-digital cartridges and cut my losses.

This is ridiculous.
DawnMcDowell Offline
#58 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 11:24:40 AM(UTC)
DawnMcDowell

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)
So I am on a Mac with 10.9.1 and I downloaded the update and when I try to install I get this error

"This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance."

So I still cannot use my cricut craft room/
Narelle Offline
#59 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:36:22 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: DawnMcDowell Go to Quoted Post
So I am on a Mac with 10.9.1 and I downloaded the update and when I try to install I get this error

"This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance."

So I still cannot use my cricut craft room/

Try this: If you hold shift and right click on it, choose Open from the menu and it will open.
DawnMcDowell Offline
#60 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:07:06 PM(UTC)
DawnMcDowell

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Try this: If you hold shift and right click on it, choose Open from the menu and it will open.

Thank you Narelle,

I did do that to get the installer to even open. The error comes during the install process. :( I also deleted my old version of Craft room and Adobe air as suggested by the Craft Room FAQ. I still get the same error, I downloaded it again thinking I had a damaged file and still the same error. So it appears as if the MAC installer is not properly configured.

Dawn