Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kath2502e8932861 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 12:55:45 PM(UTC)
kath2502e8932861

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi-
My name is Kathy and I am new to this group. I have used my cricut expression for simple cutting. But I am ready to cut larger designs out of vinyl. I was hoping someone could shed some light on how this is done or maybe has a TUT about it. Also if a design has two colors of vinyl how do you know where to place each color?
Thanx Kathy

Edited by user Monday, December 30, 2013 12:57:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: forgot to include info.

Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 2:15:38 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 432 post(s)
welcome to the mb. I will try to help answer your questions based on my experiences.

Unfortunately, you can't cut images larger than the mat size unless you are using the orig expression, the outdated discontinued design studio AND using cartridges that were before they stopped updating ds with new cart content. We have asked for this ability ever since cricut craftroom (because we who used ds before craftroom were used to being able to do this) was introduced and they have yet to listen. Hopefully some day.

If you are using craftroom, you can layout your papers/vinyl to match the way you have your images on your virtual mat. If you are not using craftroom, you will have to cut one color at a time as using the machine as a stand alone does not give you the flexibility of placing images where you want. This is an example where I cut all the layers of an image at one time using different colors of paper using craftroom .

Edited by user Monday, December 30, 2013 2:29:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana attached the following image(s):
resource2.png
resource1.png
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Kilty on 1/1/2014(UTC)
kath2502e8932861 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:09:35 AM(UTC)
kath2502e8932861

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
ok thanx. I will see if I can ungroup the design? if not I will have to cut 2 times one in each color and then piece it together hopefully it will look ok.
thanx again Kathy
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:29:42 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Are you using CCR? If you are not, and you are talking about an image that has more than one piece in the image (group), you can't ungroup. But if you are using CCR, still can't ungroup mulitple images that was grouped by design by the artist but you can place the image on your virtual mat and copy/paste it however many times that you have images. Do hide contour on each copy hiding everything except one part and then changing the part that you don't hide on each copy. You then wind up with single images that can be moved, etc independently of each other.

Hope this makes sense.