Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
cricut_girl24 Offline
#31 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:45:11 PM(UTC)
cricut_girl24

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I only want physical carts too!!!!!!!!!
I have only purchased digital carts when I receive a credit from PC. But I don't even use these.
What if my internet goes out? I still want to play....
 1 user thanked cricut_girl24 for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/10/2014(UTC)
Merrie Jones Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 6:16:41 AM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 644 time(s) in 267 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello All, I don't really know what all the "excitement" is about. The physical cartridges have not been discontinued and Cricut has not announced any plans to discontinue production of physical cartridges. We are a customer based company and we are constantly innovating and developing new products.

-Cricut Gena

Thanks for popping in. I think people are just trying to remind PC that there are a lot of us who still like a physical cart. Even tho physical carts are still being released, it seems the 'push' lately has been towards digital & using CCR. There are a lot of use who either can't use CCR easily or just don't like it.
 2 users thanked Merrie Jones for this useful post.
*Meg* on 1/10/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 1/10/2014(UTC)
*Meg* Offline
#33 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 7:21:27 AM(UTC)
*Meg*

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
What other companies make a cart base cutter?

I'm all for keeping the physical carts. PC has said they are too. It's what makes them different from all the other die cutters on the market. All the other die cutters are software based.

In reply to your question, Sizzix has a cutter that uses both physical carts and open design software. Users can choose to cut straight from a cart, or they can buy/find/modify/design cutfiles and fonts to cut on the machine. ECraft also has a cartridge-based cutter with the option to use open design software.

I prefer physical Cricut carts because I don't like CCR. An online-only design program with comparatively limited features doesn't suit my needs. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a new and improved Gypsy -- larger screen, more options, better search feature, an easy way to download the cart PDF right to the Gypsy and see the images perfectly (would settle for easily and clearly), lots more memory (re "download the cart PDF..."), a more global approach to updates (will this addition/modification affect something else in the system in a negative way?), etc.

I do think people are concerned about the future of physical cartridges because PC has really, *really* been pushing digital downloads and CCR. These things, combined with the new overlay-less carts, crummy booklets within the overlay-less carts, the abandonment of the Gypsy, the increase in images that are available via digital only, to name a few examples, are the source of the speculation regarding the future of physical cartridges. We're so very obviously being pushed toward CCR, which is worrisome for those who, for whatever reason, cannot or will not use that product.

3 users thanked *Meg* for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/10/2014(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 1/10/2014(UTC), theproc0a14c052 on 1/11/2014(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#34 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 7:47:28 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4138 time(s) in 2374 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *Meg* Go to Quoted Post

I prefer physical Cricut carts because I don't like CCR. An online-only design program with comparatively limited features doesn't suit my needs. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a new and improved Gypsy -- larger screen, more options, better search feature, an easy way to download the cart PDF right to the Gypsy and see the images perfectly (would settle for easily and clearly), lots more memory (re "download the cart PDF..."), a more global approach to updates (will this addition/modification affect something else in the system in a negative way?), etc.

I do think people are concerned about the future of physical cartridges because PC has really, *really* been pushing digital downloads and CCR. These things, combined with the new overlay-less carts, crummy booklets within the overlay-less carts, the abandonment of the Gypsy, the increase in images that are available via digital only, to name a few examples, are the source of the speculation regarding the future of physical cartridges. We're so very obviously being pushed toward CCR, which is worrisome for those who, for whatever reason, cannot or will not use that product.

agreed
Spookysnip Offline
#35 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 1:40:44 PM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Canada

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I will always buy the physical cartridges over the digital any day (even if they cost more).

Obviously they are not going to do away with the physical cartridges, that would marginalize a big portion of their customers.
BopRN Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 2:22:56 PM(UTC)
BopRN

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 20 post(s)
PLEASE keep the physical cartridges!!!! That is the only way I will use my Cricut!
 1 user thanked BopRN for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/13/2014(UTC)
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#37 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:50:51 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *Meg* Go to Quoted Post

Perfectly said, Meg!!!!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#38 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:46:11 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1280 time(s) in 995 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
KEEP THE PHYSICAL CARTRIGES. Many of us like to go to crops and take our Cricut with us. Most places were crops are held do not have computers for us to use. thanks

I agreeBigGrin
MaryScraps Offline
#39 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:56:54 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6862 time(s) in 2788 post(s)
I like my Physical Cartridges too!!
I only use CCR to weld simply things.
If it is too detailed then CCR does some crazy things.
Like putting slashes through my work. Or not welding properly.
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#40 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 6:18:39 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1582 time(s) in 1466 post(s)
Physical carts are my style for sure. I've not used CCR and don't really have any plans to do so. I'm just not interested in trying to figure out how to do all that stuff any more. I guess I'm lazy. But I love being able to use my E whenever I want to use it.
JBT Offline
#41 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:11:26 AM(UTC)
JBT

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am not really a techie person. I need my physical cartridges!!! Not to mention if I added up all the money I have invested in the cartridges it's probably easily over $10,000!!! If PC were to stop the physical cartridges we know that means they would not keep up upgrades and such on the machines so basically all that money spent would be wasted!!! Listen to us PC!!!Blushing
 1 user thanked JBT for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/13/2014(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#42 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 9:36:23 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello All, I don't really know what all the "excitement" is about. The physical cartridges have not been discontinued and Cricut has not announced any plans to discontinue production of physical cartridges. We are a customer based company and we are constantly innovating and developing new products.

-Cricut Gena

First off thank you for your reply.
I appreciate you letting us know there are no plans to get rid of physical cartridges.

Next since as you stated "We are a customer based company" here are a few thoughts:

We as customers want you to know that we are still here.
We want you to know that we still want the option of buying physical cartridges.
We want to remind you that that is why many of us purchased our Cricuts in the first place.

AND while you as a company are "constantly innovating and developing new products" which we appreciate!!!
We want you to remember us while those discussions are taking place.

If we did not post here and let you know we are here and what our opinions are then how would you ever know what we are thinking.

In conclusion I honestly feel the OP was started not to cause issues or spread any "unannounced" info but as more of a reminder that we are here.

As you have already guessed I vote to keep physical cartridges.

I do use CCR and LOVE it but I choose to NOT have my cartridges linked to it.
I do own digital cartridges mostly because that was the only way to get retired ones.
I do own another machine BUT the cuts cost a lot more in the long run.

Personally I think we have the best of both worlds.
Cartridges with 50+, 700+ etc. cuts for a reasonable price
And we can get single cuts if that's the way we choose to go.

The whole reason PC went digital in the first place was because customers spoke up and expressed their interest in them.

We just want to speak up and remind you we are here and LOVE our cartridges.

Thanks for listening.
Crafty hugs,
D~

3 users thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 1/12/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 1/13/2014(UTC), Merrie Jones on 1/14/2014(UTC)
LisaDePugh Offline
#43 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:58:18 PM(UTC)
LisaDePugh

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Sign me up. I don't use my machines that much any more anyway, if they go all digital I probably won't use them at all.
marshahaak Offline
#44 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:41:28 AM(UTC)
marshahaak

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
ONLY physical carts for me! I'm too old to learn CCR!
 1 user thanked marshahaak for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/14/2014(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#45 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:05:23 AM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Was thanked: 92 time(s) in 86 post(s)
I love my cartridges . I am not a computer person by any means. what I would love is an area on the board that you can send or scan in drawings or ideas for things that you would like to see them do on the new carts , many people have great ideas of different things to do with the machines I would love to see these on a cartridge ,it could be things that you vote for on the members board . Just got the new create a friend cart for Christmas and think the numbers and overlay is a great way of doing the cuts it is a lot clearer did think I would not like it but it has my thumbs up as I sometimes would hit the wrong thing to cut out on some of the old carts.
Char88 Offline
#46 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:58:55 AM(UTC)
Char88

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annabella Go to Quoted Post
I'm with the majority. Stay with the physical!!!

I bought a new E during Black Friday sales. I got a $100. credit for the digital and have no idea what to do with it. I have never used CCR so it is virtually useless for me.

Stay with the PHYSICAL!!!

I also bought an E during Black Friday sales and now have a $100 credit I will never use!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the PHYSICAL CARTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Char
GrammySue Offline
#47 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:05:12 PM(UTC)
GrammySue

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I can't see all of anyones message. It is like the right side of the page is gone. Is there a way to fix this?