Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
TurtleBug Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 1:19:08 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 974 time(s) in 635 post(s)
Hi Ladies!
Here we are in the second week of this 2-week challenge and we have some great cards already. Have been doing some catching up with the my house cleaning....kind of got behind during the holidays (but, honestly, just kept putting it off!)!!LaughLaugh

Still time for us to get these sketches done and posted, so will be peeking in to look at and post my comments.

Enjoy your day!
TurtleBug Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 8:16:24 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LisaW.
#3 & Ad Colors - Perfect card for a teen, and great job using the Ad Colors. Hard to make cards for teens. It's usually either music or sports, unless you know their special interest. Your niece seems to like her cellphone and she will love recieving this "Text Message" card. Have not heard of the "Paisley Cachemire" cart before, will have to check it out. Very cute card!

Hello Hannah!
Great to see you and your beautiful flower-embellished cards back again!Smile
First Card - WOW!!! What a beautiful card, love the pearls and awesome flowers with the "dew" on them. The gold foil accents against the dark navy color look so pretty. Like the pretty border all around the white frame. Great card for your 80 yr. old friend, she will love it!
Second Card - LOVE the Spellbinder die cut, which one is it from? It is so pretty cut from pearlized cardstock and the bright colors in the background looks so pretty. Love the gold accents and the contrasting colors and pattern of the ribbon and bow. TFS! WELCOME BACK!

BingoLady
#3 - LOVE this card! Like the paper pattern and how you used it as the background AND for the panels. The matting of red and green works very well to break it up. The tiny bow border is so cute in all the pattern colors. Great interpretation of the sketch, too!

britishgirl
#4 - Pretty! Pretty! LOVE two-color cards and this is awesome. The image is so pretty in just the black and white, no colors needed here!! The silver Brads are perfect and love the checked BG paper pattern.

Hannah. Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 6:06:20 AM(UTC)
Hannah.

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 35 post(s)
TurtleBug, thanks for the great feedback. Its great to be back, isn't it amazing you don't think of your computer not working until it you are in that situation.

You are right my friend did love the 80th card. She plans to keep it on show until her next birthday. The second card I used the Spellbinders Cut, fold and tuck die set. I have only 3 sets but there more available and there are always new ones coming on the market. I plan to buy the snowflake set it is beautiful and will be useful in many ways.

Thank you for the great sketches it will help to get my creative thoughts going again after a very busy 3 months.

Thanks to everyone who post their creations they are amazing I just love them all.

Cheers

Hannah
 1 user thanked Hannah. for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/11/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 3:27:25 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2645 time(s) in 1400 post(s)
Hello, HelloBigGrin . It has taken me forever to finish this card. I made it with the intentions of using for my Mom's birthday in early February so with her here I had to be careful as she comes in my room every now and then during the day to see what I am doing, so I had to keep putting it aside and act like I was working on something else.LOL
It is sketch #4 in the ad colors and with the extra credit.
Papers are from K&Company Floral Dreams.
Center label cuts are from Lacey Labels, using CCR I added a purple and an aqua shadow. The flowers are Recollections, that I love and wish I would have picked up another pack because I think they were on clearance.
Sentiment is a Verve stamp, that I stamped on ovals I cut using Spellbinders.
TFL

Off to start on sketch #3
*NanaDonna* Offline
#35 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 12:36:30 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Yeah got all my sketches done!BigGrin
Here is my #3
Papers are all from the CTMH Claire paper pack. The flower and zig zag strip are coordinating canvas stickers. CTMH paper pack and stickers make it so easy to match things up.
The rectangle in the back was cut using CCR and Elegant Edges cartridge. The sentiment is also a CTMH stamp, I stamped it in white then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, wish I would have used white embossing powder so it would have shown up betterSad
Also has the extra credit on it "faux stitching". Thanks Josie for making this the extra credit, the blue background looked so plain then I remembered the extra credit and the stitching CTMH stamps that I had, happy happy love the way it come stamped in white around the edges. I just have to remember to use these stamps more often.
cstanzione Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 11:53:05 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Hi Ladies,
Remember me glad to see you still have the challenge going and most of the same group is still here with a few newbies. Hope you all have been fine. Thought I would join you ladies this week if you don't mind. Haven't been on here in forever for some reason i wasn't able to get on for quite a while don't know why but it locked me out just in the last couple of days I have been able to get back in.
Well let me get to posting my creations

Edited by user Saturday, January 11, 2014 6:51:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
004.JPG (1,626kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
003.JPG (1,767kb) downloaded 45 time(s).
002.JPG (1,736kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
001.JPG (1,554kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
002.JPG (1,736kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
Gisele Offline
#37 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:12:09 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hello everyone! Lots of wonderful cards in the past week - sorry I will comment later. I have been planning my husband's surprise 50th birthday. It is taking place tonight, so I haven't had time to craft.

Cstanzione - Welcome back! Glad you could join in the challenge.

Have a great weekend!

Gisele
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
cstanzione on 1/11/2014(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#38 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 7:28:55 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 774 time(s) in 591 post(s)
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Have enjoyed looking at everyone's cards. TFS
TurtleBug Offline
#39 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 1:49:44 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Happy Week-end Everyone!

NanaDonna
#4, Ex. Credit and Ad Colors - So pretty and perfect for your Mom! Like all the matting, the closer I looked the more matting I saw....adds so much dimension to a card. Great colors and paper patterns. Did you emboss the large blue square, or does it have lines? It looks embossed to me. Pretty flowers, the centers look so fuzzy and real. I like how you left the cake stamp plain and not colored in.
#3 & Ex. Credit - Nice faux stitching stamp, glad you were finally able to use it, and yes, it does add a very nice accent to the card. Perfect chance to apply the pretty long stem canvas flower, on this size panel. Like the color combo and colorful pattern paper. Very nice card!

Cindy!!!
So glad to see you on here, you have been missed, please don't disappear on us for so long, again!BigGrin
#1 - I see you haven't lost your touch!! Very elegant card, love the colors and pretty papers. The bottom part, to me, looks like it is in 3-D and the white flourish is just floating in mid- air. So pretty!
#2 and Ex. Credit - Love the colors of this card and the pretty swirl paper pattern. The stitching around the petals looks so pretty and adds a nice touch. Pretty card.
#4 - Such a soft and serene card with the perfect sentiment. Makes a very nice Get Well or Sympathy card, too. LOVE the flower image, and the three flowers and ribbon are so nicely coordinated. Very pretty card!
Blue Dress Girl in Ad Colors - LOVE the swirly dress with the pretty ruffle hem, and heels. The field of flowers (Dandelions??) looks so inviting to just run through and twirl around in that dress. You did an awesome coloring job, too.

Gisele
Have a blast celebrating your Hubby's B'day tonight!! And, hope the surprise turns out as planned.

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
cstanzione on 1/11/2014(UTC)
cstanzione Offline
#40 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 7:00:52 PM(UTC)
cstanzione

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 185 post(s)
Thanks Turtlebug missed you guys too I will try not to disappear again I run my own challenge and swap group on facebook also and 2 selling sites so i will try not to I just always credit you ladies in getting me interested in card making and that is my love right now. As I have expanded my card selling business to whole selling to 4 local stores so i need some new inspiration and you ladies always challenged me. I see Sandy, RAK and Twila on facebook now and then still doing lovely cards that Sandy. Well thanks for the warm welcome back . can't wait for the next challenge. I need to figure out why my pics are coming in as attachments though don't like that.
BingoLady Offline
#41 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 1:45:39 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 994 time(s) in 679 post(s)
My #4 sketch, the bling is a gift from Donna, and the flowers I've had for
ever.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
img033.jpg
LisaW. Offline
#42 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 8:46:06 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies

Thought I would be pushing it to finish my sketches...made it. Refused to watch TV or game night so I could get them done. My daughter started basketball so seems like the last week has been nothing but basketball.

One of my new year resolutions this year is to try to elminate making new scraps and to use most of my scraps up by the end of the year. I used the same paper for two sketches but still have leftover scraps but it was a start, lol. Another resolution is to make more than one card if I like the way it turns outBigGrin

Question: What pen do you guys use for white writing? I have white gel pens but out of 6 none of them worked so I bought another kind and it didn't work either.

Sketch #1...thank you for my mil for the kids' Christmas gift card.

No cricut or even cuttlebug...just the cutting board and some paper flowers with gold pearls.

Sketch #2...thank you to my brother for the kids' Christmas gift card...ITunes.
Cartrige: Paisley
Spellbinder: Circle

Sketch #4...thank you to my mom for the kids' Christmas gifts. Just realized I forgot a part of the sketch (3 dots at the bottom)...oops. Also did the faux stitching...my white wouldn't work so used black. Changed it up a little bit because I wanted to use the design of the paper so replaced the flower in the top corner with the ribbon.
Cartridge: Storybook for the flowers.
Plantin Schoolbook for the oval.
Sentiment: CTMH (For every occasion)

Edited by user Sunday, January 12, 2014 8:50:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0616.JPG
DSCF0614.JPG
DSCF0617.JPG
LisaW. Offline
#43 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 9:50:19 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Turtlebug: Thanks for the wonderful sketches to kick off the new year. Sketch #1 is very pretty. I like how you added the flowers and bling on the design already printed on the paper. Sketch #2: Love your embossing and your choice of paper patterns fits is pretty. Did you stitch by hand or with a machine? Sketch #3: Great job on this one...nice set of papers and like the chevron punch. Sketch #4: Another beautiful card and really like how you added the buttons to the flowers...pretty flowers. Very pretty ad color challenge....love how you repurpose your calender:).

BingoLady: Love those flowers...looks like a lot or work but they are very pretty. Stunning black and white card with just a splash of bright pink. Cute sketch #3 with the patterned paper. Are the bows stickers? Great bling gift from Donna. Pretty patterned paper. Great sketch.

Dee: Thanks for the wonderful colors...I really want to find paper in that plaid color...I love plaid. Beautful sketch in the ad colors and that flower is awesome.

NanaDonna: Beautiful sketch #1 with the patterned paper. Wonderful sketch #2. I will have to try that embossing of patterned paper. The burlap really is a nice touch to the card. Sketch #4 has to be my favorite with the ad colors...your patterned papers are great together and love ythe stamp. Gorgeous flowers. Love sketch #3 and the "border" is great. I wanted to get that set but opted for something else...now I am kicking myself.

Gisele: Gorgeous way to start the year. A great idea for a resolution. I too got the punch board...now to remember to use it. Your stamps are very pretty. Hope your suprise party went as planned...how fun.

Keithann: Sketch 1 is beautiful. Love the sentiment.

Hannah: Welcome back...hope we get to see lots more. Your cards are gorgeous. Love all the bling you put on your cards. Do you mail them?

Britishgirl: Absolutely gorgeous sketch #4 with the black and white. Love the printed scene.

Cstanzione: Welcome back and of course we remember you:). Beautiful patterned paper for sketch 1...purple is so pretty. Very nice sketch #2... the flower is so pretty. Sketch #3 is wonderful...love the car and the browns fit so well together. The "mesh" piece really looks great behind the car. Very pretty card with the "lady."

Hope I didn't miss anybody...feel like I am out of practice, lol.

1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/13/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 11:57:40 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Wow this 2 week challenge really flew by, it is almost time for the next challenge and Lisa will be our hostess.

I wanted to try and keep up on my comments and of course I got behind.Blushing Will try and catch up nowBigGrin
Dee - what a fabulous card using the Ad colors, that paper matches perfectly. Love your flower

Bindolady - #2 very striking with the black & white and am so glad you are matting your cards it makes them stand out so much more. We will have to teach you how to use Photobucket to post so we can see the details more on your cards. #3 very very nice card, I am glad you are stamping your cards are so much improved latelyBigGrin BigGrin love the plaid paper. #4 YEAH I am glad you like your gift brads they work well with the papers you used. very pretty flowers in the center,

Keithann - glad you are feeling better. #1 very very pretty love the paper, I have a couple Wild Rose stamps and love them.

Lisa - Hope you get your craftroom organized mine is a constant work in progress LOL. #3 what an adorable idea for a texting teen, your card is very cute and the ad colors worked well for it. #1 beautiful the paper is perfect for that card. #2 perfect theme for a thank you for an itunes card. #4 so very pretty I again love this paper and I love love how you did the ribbon in the corner wonderful! I will have to look and see what the white pen I use and get back to you, not in my craft room right now.

Hannah - so nice to have back peaking in. Beautiful 80th birthday card, I am sure she will cherish it. Second card is very very pretty, I love the colors and that flower is wonderful. Your bow is awesome!

Britishgirl - Lovely card, great way to utilize that wonderful picture.

Cindy - so nice to see you back, I hope things are going well for you #1 lovely card, love the purple and the beige top work well together. #2 again very pretty I love the way you did the flower. #3 awesome guy card love the browns and that car stamp is great. Card with lady image is fabulous I love the way you put it all together. Did you create that background yourself? I have trouble now and then signing in and getting on the MB, all I do is go and clean out the cookies for Cricut.com and then I can sign in again.

Gisele - I hope your hubby's party was a blast and went as planned

Hope I didn't miss anyone.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/13/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#45 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 3:03:16 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Happy Week-end Everyone!

NanaDonna
#4, Ex. Credit and Ad Colors - So pretty and perfect for your Mom! Like all the matting, the closer I looked the more matting I saw....adds so much dimension to a card. Great colors and paper patterns. Did you emboss the large blue square, or does it have lines? It looks embossed to me. Pretty flowers, the centers look so fuzzy and real. I like how you left the cake stamp plain and not colored in.
#3 & Ex. Credit - Nice faux stitching stamp, glad you were finally able to use it, and yes, it does add a very nice accent to the card. Perfect chance to apply the pretty long stem canvas flower, on this size panel. Like the color combo and colorful pattern paper. Very nice card!

No I did not emboss the pattern paper it had lines in the pattern. Thanks
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/14/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#46 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 3:07:05 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

LISA
Question: What pen do you guys use for white writing? I have white gel pens but out of 6 none of them worked so I bought another kind and it didn't work either.

The white pen I use is Gelly Roll medium and I don't really have any trouble with them. You may have to scribble it bit with it if you have not used it in a while as small ink will dry on the point but scribbling fixes that.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#47 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 4:17:31 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I wanted to share with the birthday shirt I made for Emma to wear on her 3rd birthday. I used iron-on glitter vinyl. TFL

here is a closer look so you can see the sparkle
Gisele Offline
#48 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:56:43 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Sorry I didn’t participate as much as I wanted to…the first 2 weeks of January flew by. My DH’s party was a true surprise and we had a great time.

Turtlebug – thanks again for hosting and for such great sketches to inspire us!

Dee – thanks for the ad colours! Great card for sketch #2 in the ad colours with a very pretty flower!

BingoLady – Love your sketch #1 and you were the first to post! Your sketch #2 in black and white is eye-catching! Pretty card for Sketch #3 with the mini bows! Pretty card for Sketch #4 –Love the background paper and how you pulled the plain colour in the centre!

NanaDonna – you’ve managed to make so many great cards again! Gorgeous sketch #1 with a very pretty ribbon! I like the simplicity of Sketch #2 with the use of burlap and great basketweave embossing folder! Beautiful card for Sketch #4 and those are very pretty flowers! Great card for Sketch #3 and I really like your faux stitching! I love your projects with the iron-on! I need to look into this!

Kiethann – Pretty card for Sketch #1 – great use of liquid pearls!

Lisa – Love your niece’s card for Sketch #3 – great papers! Both of your thank you cards turned out so well! Hope you enjoy the punch board too!

Hannah – TFS your cards – stunning 80th birthday card and pretty birthday card! Love the ribbon and bow!

Britishgirl - Love the image on your Sketch #4 and so nice all in black and white!

Cstanzione – So happy to see you back! Very pretty card for Sketch #1! Sketch #2 is pretty too and very versatile! Love the vintage sketch #3 and great male card! Sketch #4 is gorgeous too! Hope your are doing well with selling your cards!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#49 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:38:52 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 994 time(s) in 679 post(s)
Turtlebug thankyou for hosting.
Dee thankyou for the colors.
I've been having trouble with the computer all morning.
Wonderful cards to all of you. And Donna , Emma is going to love her shirt.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Kiethann Offline
#50 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:29:19 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 774 time(s) in 591 post(s)
Have enjoyed looking at all of the lovely cards and comments by all. I think liquid pearls is my new favorite go to for card making. Yesterday was a bad day for me, unable to concentrate due to all of the pain. Today is much better. Hope to be more active in this next card sketch challenge. Donna, the shirt you made Emma is adorable. I am sure she will really like it. TFS
TurtleBug Offline
#51 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:07:39 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

BingoLady
#4 - Love the colors of this card! The BG paper is very pretty and colorful, like the way all the accents coordinate with it. Very nice card!

LisaW.
Nice to know some people still send out "Thank-you" notes"Smile, your relatives will enjoy receiving them.
#1 - Love this Springtime card, the flowers are so pretty and like the mint color flowers.
#2 - So CUTE!! Great teenage colors...the brighter the better[laugh. The musical notes pattern paper is a good choice for the ITunes gift card.
#3 and Ex. Credit - Nice way you used up your scraps and it turned out so pretty. Like the stitching around the edge and the matching center square. The bold pink and torquoise color-combo goes very well together.

NanaDonna
Very cute glittery top for Emma, like the bold pink color for her...then again she looks so cute in any color. Like the way you added the heart to the sleeve. She will LOVE wearing it on her "BIG DAY"...just in case ANYONE should FORGET what day it is!!LOL LOLTFS!

Kiethann
Sorry you have not been feeling 100% and that you are much better today and up to crafting again soon.Smile

Gisele
Don't apologize for not having time to participate as much as you hoped to this week. Family time is much more important and I'm happy your DH's Surprise Party was succesful and fun for everyone!
Sorry about my mailbox being full, NanaDonna relayed your message to me. Thank-you!

Edited by user Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:10:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#52 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:24:42 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
Turtlebug: Thanks for the wonderful sketches to kick off the new year. Sketch #1 is very pretty. I like how you added the flowers and bling on the design already printed on the paper. Sketch #2: Love your embossing and your choice of paper patterns fits is pretty. Did you stitch by hand or with a machine? Sketch #3: Great job on this one...nice set of papers and like the chevron punch. Sketch #4: Another beautiful card and really like how you added the buttons to the flowers...pretty flowers. Very pretty ad color challenge....love how you repurpose your calender:).

Hi Lisa,
I first marked my spacing all the way around in quarter-inch increments with my Tim Holtz idea-o-logy ruler (love this ruler...use it everytime I make a card) and then I hand-stitched it with a bigger than normal size needle, doubling the twine for thickness.

TurtleBug Offline
#53 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:37:29 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
Hello ladies

Lisa,
I also use the Gelly Roll brand white pen (#08). I bought them at Michael's, look for them in the aisle that has the piercing tools, Sew Easy, eyelets and such supplies. I believe they come two to a package, since I have two of them. I don't use mine very often and have had them for a while, but as NanaDonna said, just scribble on something first, or tap it with the tip facing down, to get the ink flowing. Hope this helps.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#54 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:59:01 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Thanks for hosting this challenge Turtlebug. Great sketches and cards, looking forward to the next set of sketches from Lisa.

Oh and Emma's big day is February 3rd, it will actually be her golden birthday
she will be 3 on the 3rd

Edited by user Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5:00:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#55 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5:39:09 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 606 post(s)
Hi all. I've also been having problems with my computer or maybe it's the server. It's been very slow and keeps getting hung up. It shouldn't be doing that.

Again I seem to be a week behind, as I thought we had another week. LOL I'll get those colors ready right now!

There were some especially nice cards his week, plus I loved seeing Emma's shirt. Where did you get the vinyl? Very nice.

Connie...it's nice to see you back. You are still making amazing cards. So glad they are selling well. How are you coping with this terrible weather?

White pens and inks have always been a big problem for me. Right now the one I have is the Gelly Roll, but my scrapbook store that closed down used to sell a different one that really liked. I think it was a Signo or something like that. I forget about having the pens and they end up not working. Does anyone know how to fix that? What white ink pads do you use?

Dee

TurtleBug Offline
#56 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:57:54 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Ladies,
I enjoyed Hosting the first Challenge for 2014 and thanks to all of you for sharing your creations from the first Wednesday Bi-Weekly Card Sketch Challenge of the year. There were some awesome cards posted, and Dee thanks for the nice color-combo you picked for the Ad Color Challenge.
Looking forward to Lisa hosting the next 2-week Challenge starting tomorrow, and for Dee's new Ad Colors, too!