Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Catita Offline
#61 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:27:01 PM(UTC)
Catita

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 164 post(s)
I'm fearful that whatever this announcement is will require everyone to have an E2. I bought an E2 this past November as my first cricut and I hated it! The touchscreen was small and it felt like there was a lot of clicking and touching and retouching with the stylus. I returned it within 2 days and bought a new Expression. Now, I do use CCR quite a bit since I do have a lot of digital cartridges but I like how quick and easy it is to make a cut on the Expression when I don't use CCR. It seemed like more steps on the E2.

1 user thanked Catita for this useful post.
Mary R. on 1/12/2014(UTC)
ellamap Offline
#62 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:59:38 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 202 post(s)
I hope whatever it is makes non-Cricut users super jealous! I also hopes it puts PC on top again!!
 7 users thanked ellamap for this useful post.
Jooniper on 1/11/2014(UTC), bugalooney13 on 1/12/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 1/12/2014(UTC), nightmare/fan on 1/12/2014(UTC), Mary R. on 1/12/2014(UTC), ChunkyMonkey on 1/19/2014(UTC), JavaJen on 1/19/2014(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#63 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 10:10:22 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1250 time(s) in 793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: larabrown Go to Quoted Post
@MaryStillman, CCR requires the user to have access to the Internet--so if this new machine is using "cloud" technology and that means Internet...that is exactly what I DIDN'T want in a new Cricut. It defeats the point of their portability advantage over other machines. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I know several are nervous about PC and instead of letting wild speculation run rampant and having to try and interpret wht a patent may or may not include, it would be nice for PC to just TELL us. What's the big surprise? Do they want to build customer excitement for an upcoming product or not? If its still in some sort of planning stage, wouldn't it be nicetoget feedback from the people who are actually interested in potentially buying this machine? PC needs to round up what little consumer support it has left and release some more info.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just as anxious about the reveal as many of you, but also sad to see a company like PC, who was once ahead of the game drop into the shadows.

Lara, cloud technology is the wave of the future. You cannot even purchase the latest Adobe Photoshop to install on your computer, it is all in the clouds for a monthly subscription fee. I would guess that would be a risky move by a company, but the professionals seem to love it. Guess I won't be updating Photoshop. The latest desktop versions are going for an arm and leg on Amazon.

As long as you have your expression (?) and your cartridges, you can work outside the clouds. I have a gypsy and a mini and except for updates, that is mostly what I use...once in a while I will use CCR, but it is iffy for me, so I prefer my gypsy.

Mary
 2 users thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
larabrown on 1/11/2014(UTC), PennyBrown on 1/18/2014(UTC)
Cricutgirlg Offline
#64 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:35:41 AM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 428 time(s) in 305 post(s)
I say think in terms of the gypsy in a tablet form. So, maybe software for the tablet that will operate like the gypsy and CCr combined. This would be fabulous!
 2 users thanked Cricutgirlg for this useful post.
Mary R. on 1/12/2014(UTC), PennyBrown on 1/18/2014(UTC)
curious george II Offline
#65 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 11:54:22 AM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Just my two cents, ladies

It seems as if Provo has created a gypsy-like device that is compatible with all the Provocraft machines, CCR, and possibly the tablets and IPAD devises. I do believe they have made it where you can probably design offline but must use the internet in order to cut therefore cutting down on the use of the internet to design but only needed to cut, except for the digital cartridges in which you would have to be connected to the internet. I do wonder if the new machine will be compatible with the Imagine and some of the older model machines and how will it be connect to tablets and IPADs (that is if it is possible to do so), will it be wi-fi connected or cable connected because i know tablets and IPADs can be connected to keyboards. Also how big will the screen be and the cost. . . Just was wondering. . .
bugalooney13 Offline
#66 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 3:47:51 PM(UTC)
bugalooney13

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Catita Go to Quoted Post
I'm fearful that whatever this announcement is will require everyone to have an E2. I bought an E2 this past November as my first cricut and I hated it! The touchscreen was small and it felt like there was a lot of clicking and touching and retouching with the stylus. I returned it within 2 days and bought a new Expression. Now, I do use CCR quite a bit since I do have a lot of digital cartridges but I like how quick and easy it is to make a cut on the Expression when I don't use CCR. It seemed like more steps on the E2.

I don't think I will require an E2. With the deals for black friday offering the CCR credit seems it should be compatible with all machines. If however they are coming out with a new machine so soon I would expect it to have the capabilities built in like the E2. IMHO, they know the E has a good solid track record and folks like the mini, and E2. Seems that is the base to work off of to avoid past issues that some have had. Albeit, never forget to add in margin for operator/machine errors of expectation.

I would rather them take the time to put out an awesome product and for all to use.

PaperCraft65 Offline
#67 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 4:05:02 PM(UTC)
PaperCraft65

Was thanked: 172 time(s) in 104 post(s)
My money is still on a new machine that Print and Cuts via you own home printer....

Do I win one if I guess right?

LOL LOL LOL
melodylanedesigns Offline
#68 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 4:43:09 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1950 time(s) in 961 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PaperCraft65 Go to Quoted Post
My money is still on a new machine that Print and Cuts via you own home printer....

Do I win one if I guess right?

LOL LOL LOL

I guessed that too! The patent explains that a lot.

I would love to get one to try and make how to videos.
Mary R. Offline
#69 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:00:21 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cricutgirlg Go to Quoted Post
I say think in terms of the gypsy in a tablet form. So, maybe software for the tablet that will operate like the gypsy and CCr combined. This would be fabulous!

Totally agree, that would be awesomeThumpUp.

Best, Mary R.

Edited by user Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:06:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mary R. Offline
#70 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:06:24 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kimJ Go to Quoted Post
If Provocraft really wanted to offer something that would work on a tablet...all they need is an app. No need for a new machine that everyone needs to purchase--just offer us an app....no new hardware needed. :)

What terrific idea ThumpUp. IMHO an app (MAC & Android) would be helpful for meBigGrin.

Best, Mary R.
Spookysnip Offline
#71 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 11:30:01 AM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Canada

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Well whatever it may be, no one will know until thursday Jan 23 (according to the Alt Summit schedule). The people attending will find out that day. I have no idea when Cricut will announce it on the their website though (hopefully that night).
Alt SLC Schedule
scrapalette Offline
#72 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 11:41:06 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Spookysnip Go to Quoted Post
Well whatever it may be, no one will know until thursday Jan 23 (according to the Alt Summit schedule). The people attending will find out that day. I have no idea when Cricut will announce it on the their website though (hopefully that night).
Alt SLC Schedule

Did I miss it? I only see where Cricut is hosting the party and not where they will have a big announcement or release a new product. Huh
Spookysnip Offline
#73 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 11:56:14 AM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Canada

Oh sorry, that's just my assumption (could be wrong), but it's based on some pretty good information.

From a link that MelodyLane provided previously, it mentions that they will be announcing "big news" at the party (maybe they mean the opening party and not the thursday night party, if so they people might know sooner than the 23rd).

"At January's flagship Alt Summit, we're partnering with Cricut, the creators of world-class digital cutting machines, for our legendary Opening Night Party. Cricut has big (no, HUGE!) changes in the works — it's all very hush-hush at the moment, but party attendees will be among the first to hear the news. One thing we can tell you: the opportunities for collaborations here are sure to jump start your creative juices, and possibly even upgrade your business plans. So keep Cricut on your mind as we count down to January's big event.

Now back to the party details! This shindig is themed: Explore. Dream. Discover. It will have you seeing green. Literally. We're asking you to search through your wardrobe for green. Emerald, mint, jade, forest, kelly, grass. You get the idea. Then be sure to wear your greens on Thursday night for an evening of exploration, discovery and surprises — as well as sips from La Crema. Get excited!" more info at this link: Let's Party - Alt Summit

If you compare the "let's party" article with the Thursday Alt Summit Schedule, they are similar (wearing green and the themes).
scrapalette Offline
#74 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 11:59:51 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
I, too, assume it will be announced then. Although I wish it was sooner. And knowing for sure would be nice. PC has done big galas at past CHAs when they've had new machine to release. . . and even given whatever the new machine was to each of the attendees. So it makes sense to give whatever it is to bloggers, who have big enough blogs to be in attendance at the summit, so they can go home and blog about it.
Spookysnip Offline
#75 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 12:11:29 PM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Canada

Yeah I agree. At least tell us a date or something. I think that's more exciting anyway. Hopefully they do the same thing this time and give whatever it is to the bloggers. The waiting is driving me bonkers.
Kazalah Offline
#76 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:43:23 AM(UTC)
Kazalah

United States

Was thanked: 718 time(s) in 284 post(s)
Latest e-mail .. ( got it about 5 min ago)

1 user thanked Kazalah for this useful post.
PennyBrown on 1/18/2014(UTC)
Sherri Kay Offline
#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:44:28 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2414 time(s) in 2166 post(s)
It's also on their Facebook page. Smile
poodlebone Offline
#78 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:48:31 AM(UTC)
poodlebone

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 35 post(s)
It is looking more like a new Expression+Gypsy hybrid. This picture looks more like a large machine while the first one looked like a handheld device. Looks like there are some of the newer design tools sticking out of the latest picture.

Sherri Kay Offline
#79 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:50:40 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2414 time(s) in 2166 post(s)
I read on Cricut Crazy's (sp?)blog yesterday a post about the patent, etc., and there was a picture/drawing of a machine and the Gypsy-type machine was laying on top of it in a space created for it. I hope that makes sense.
jscraftylady Offline
#80 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:57:30 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2345 time(s) in 1260 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sherri Kay Go to Quoted Post
I read on Cricut Crazy's (sp?)blog yesterday a post about the patent, etc., and there was a picture/drawing of a machine and the Gypsy-type machine was laying on top of it in a space created for it. I hope that makes sense.

Like the Sizzix machine?
gcmcevoy Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5:08:25 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
well it has two stylus?? I am sure it is a new cutting machine I guess it must have a gypsy like machine that goes with it perhaps like a wireless remote?
Got me guessing.
cricaholic Offline
#82 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:53:58 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1204 time(s) in 685 post(s)
Huh I'm not complaining..I'm merely making a statement...
Cool from all the posts I've read....you ALL are wrong...
BigGrin The "new machine" is going to be a new improved Imagine that you can use with CCR.

Huh They discontinued the Imagine..so why aren't the carts on clearence?? Why are the Imagine carts selling on ebay??

Woot Its got to be a NEW IMPROVED IMAGINE!!!!!
Sleep I HOPE!!!!
so when my Imagine machine dies...my carts won't go to waste.....
jscraftylady Offline
#83 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:08:05 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: cricaholic Go to Quoted Post
BigGrin The "new machine" is going to be a new improved Imagine that you can use with CCR.

Huh They discontinued the Imagine..so why aren't the carts on clearence?? Why are the Imagine carts selling on ebay??

Sleep I HOPE!!!!

I think you are partly right. I think it will be a print/cut machine in the sense that you send images (including Imagine images if you own Imagine carts) to your own printer, print it with registration marks and then the machine reads the registration marks and cuts the images out precisely. There isn't a big enough Imagine library to make this a cart-only feature so CCR (or a new software package) will allow the importing of JPEG images for the purposes of printing and then cutting.

That's my guess.
Moxy77 Offline
#84 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:37:31 AM(UTC)
Moxy77

United States

Was thanked: 413 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
I think you are partly right. I think it will be a print/cut machine in the sense that you send images (including Imagine images if you own Imagine carts) to your own printer, print it with registration marks and then the machine reads the registration marks and cuts the images out precisely. There isn't a big enough Imagine library to make this a cart-only feature so CCR (or a new software package) will allow the importing of JPEG images for the purposes of printing and then cutting.

That's my guess.

jscraftylady, I think you are exactly right!! This is my thinking too. The importing of jpegs would be a big big step for Provo Craft but in the reading of the information of the Alt summit it say that Provo Craft will have Big exciting news that will/may change to way of crafting. Or something similar to that and that the people at the summit will be the first to know. (that last part I wasn't to keen on)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#85 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:14:47 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1943 time(s) in 932 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cricaholic Go to Quoted Post

Sleep I HOPE!!!!

Lots of Imagine carts were clearanced through Cricutmachine.com.......... I bought them...... also all the B & M stores clearanced them..... I remember threads here about Hobby Lobby selling Imagine carts at a large discount.

I would like a machine where I could use my Imagine carts. I would buy the machine in a minute if PC gave Imagine owners a substantial rebate/digital store credit for the lackluster Imagine which never performed as promised.

Currently, because the alignment/calibration is so "quirky" on the Imagine as it works down the page, rather then mess with it for cutting, I print the Imagine graphics on the Imagine and use another machine to scan and cut the Imagine images... Beautiful cuts every time......

Edited by user Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:18:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GracefulGrammar Offline
#86 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:27:26 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

That's my guess.

This is an interesting idea.......... how would the machine send the Imagine images to a home printer? I am trying to visualize the communication path.

Printing and cutting with registration marks isn't new........ If that is what the new toy does, I have 2 cutters that already do an excellent job with printing and cutting......

Now if the new machine used my imagine carts and included a generous rebate or digital credit for people who took a bath on the Imagine and the features that were promised and never delivered..... that would really catch my interest :)

Will be interesting to see what is announced :)

GypsyBoricua Offline
#87 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:17:20 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 409 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Lots of Imagine carts were clearanced through Cricutmachine.com.......... I bought them...... also all the B & M stores clearanced them..... I remember threads here about Hobby Lobby selling Imagine carts at a large discount.

I would like a machine where I could use my Imagine carts. I would buy the machine in a minute if PC gave Imagine owners a substantial rebate/digital store credit for the lackluster Imagine which never performed as promised.

Currently, because the alignment/calibration is so "quirky" on the Imagine as it works down the page, rather then mess with it for cutting, I print the Imagine graphics on the Imagine and use another machine to scan and cut the Imagine images... Beautiful cuts every time......

Well, GracefulGrammar you did it for me again!!!!! I too have a machine that scans and cuts and I never thought about using it with the Imagine. That's brilliant!!!! Print on the I and scan and cut on the other. WOW!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

This will probably make me fall in love with my Imagine again!!!!!

(I thought I saw you on the Yahoo Group, but wasn't sure if that was you)
*Violette* Offline
#88 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:35:07 PM(UTC)
*Violette*

United States

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 115 post(s)
When I saw the pic of the first teaser email, I was thinking it looked smaller, more like a Gypsy. Now after the second teaser email and pic...I'm thinking it's more like an Imagine. A redesigned Imagine type system with a redesigned Gyspy like device would be interesting.

Whatever it is...it would have to include Wi-Fi connectivity. No having to buy an extra part to connect set up the Wi-Fi. Glare Also, maybe being able to connect to a handheld Gypsy-like device and iOS/Android devices via Bluetooth. One can hope anyway.

I'm guessing we'll get to find out what the BIG announcement is all about next week. I'm expecting the next email to fully show the new product, after the 2 prior (teaser) emails about a week apart. With the Alt Summit next week, the news won't be held back for much longer.
jscraftylady Offline
#89 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 7:10:01 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
This is an interesting idea.......... how would the machine send the Imagine images to a home printer? I am trying to visualize the communication path.

Printing and cutting with registration marks isn't new........ If that is what the new toy does, I have 2 cutters that already do an excellent job with printing and cutting......

Now if the new machine used my imagine carts and included a generous rebate or digital credit for people who took a bath on the Imagine and the features that were promised and never delivered..... that would really catch my interest :)

Will be interesting to see what is announced :)

The machine wouldn't communicate with the printer, CCR would. Hopefully, a new and substantially improved CCR.BigGrin
GracefulGrammar Offline
#90 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 7:42:18 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

The machine wouldn't communicate with the printer, CCR would. Hopefully, a new and substantially improved CCR.BigGrin

Perfect, add a print command to CCR....... in the same manner that the other cutter softwares work.....

Now if the new and improved CCR supports svg, jpg and png formats, PC could possibly make long strides toward catching up. Imagine users could use their Imagine carts. Offer Imagine owners a generous CCR digi-credit and that might help PC mend a lot of fences. Allow users to cut using computer-resident fonts, include wireless capabilities, develop an app for tablets and smart phones......... If all this was included in the new machine out of the box...... then PC might be back in the game again???

BUT there are still no NEW features added here...... What could PC add that would make the machine NEW, DIFFERENT, COMPELLING, A MUST HAVE?

Edited by user Friday, January 17, 2014 8:07:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified