Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

BrendaBerry2 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 11:58:07 AM(UTC)
BrendaBerry2

Groups: Registered

I just tried to open the plastic blade casing on my Imagine machine and when I turned to screw to release the blade, the plastic housing unit CRUMBLED into pieces!! They informed me that I probably put too much pressure on it. Well..... Since I have a torn rotator cuff, and have very little strength n my arm, trust me when I say it was NOT from over exertion! I contacted Provo Craft to ask for their help in this matter and, basically, since the machine is over a year old, they are not able to help. They also do not have a service department for repairs, so I can not even have it repaired. They also do not have replacement parts so that I could try to repair it myself or find someone else to do it. I am so disgusted! I have a very expensive, totally useless paperweight at this point, since it cannot be used at all without a BLADE!!! Provo Craft is unwilling to replace, but did offer a ....get this....$20 credit towards another machine on their web site! WHAT?? What in the world is that going to do? I need to know if anyone else has had this happen to them....and if so, what did you do about it...if anything? HELP!

TammyPuckett Online
#2 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 1:28:31 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 195 post(s)
Sorry, but I have no help for you! My Imagine works well as a stand alone machine or with my gypsy, but won't work with the CCR! Have you tried to look on e-bay to see if you can find one that isn't working that someone wants to sell for spare parts? That would be my only suggestion!
Khrista Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:49:13 AM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2509 time(s) in 1397 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrendaBerry2 Go to Quoted Post
I just tried to open the plastic blade casing on my Imagine machine and when I turned to screw to release the blade, the plastic housing unit CRUMBLED into pieces!! They informed me that I probably put too much pressure on it. Well..... Since I have a torn rotator cuff, and have very little strength n my arm, trust me when I say it was NOT from over exertion! I contacted Provo Craft to ask for their help in this matter and, basically, since the machine is over a year old, they are not able to help. They also do not have a service department for repairs, so I can not even have it repaired. They also do not have replacement parts so that I could try to repair it myself or find someone else to do it. I am so disgusted! I have a very expensive, totally useless paperweight at this point, since it cannot be used at all without a BLADE!!! Provo Craft is unwilling to replace, but did offer a ....get this....$20 credit towards another machine on their web site! WHAT?? What in the world is that going to do? I need to know if anyone else has had this happen to them....and if so, what did you do about it...if anything? HELP!

Do you mean the black arm type thing that holds the blade unit in? The only place that I know that ever truly repaired mine was HSN. I'd have to pull the paperwork to be able to tell you where it went as it's a 3rd party repair service.

I'd call back and ask to speak with Cricut Gena. Or PM here on here. She's one of the more knowledgeable when it comes to the Imagine.

:)Khrista