Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Gisele Offline
#61 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:57:39 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post

Gisele

#2 and SO/SN Ex. Credit - Like the pretty border you added to your card. I have the Ornamental Iron cartridge but hardly use it cause my machine does not do well on intricate cuts like that. Think I will try cutting Ornamental Iron cuts on CCR, for some reason my cuts always seem to cut cleaner when using CCR, than cutting direct from the Cricut only....can't understand why it makes a difference, though.
Is the link for covering the Hanger? Which part is the one using the modeling paste?....(I'm feeling so dumb right now for not understanding what you wroteBlushing). Very nice card, like the sparkly frame and cute hanger!

[color=blue]Turtlebug - I did cut the Ornamental Iron frame with CCR. My mat is real sticky for the cuts from this cartridge.

As for the hanger - I haven't found the link yet but I did follow a tutorial for covering it with ribbon. The modeling paste is a different technique too. It's a white paste that dries hard and then you can colour it. Hope I can find the links and I will share them on the next challenge!

Edited by user Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:58:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/29/2014(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#62 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:04:05 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Thanks again Lisa for hosting these past few weeks! The new sketches are up but if you are still finishing up, please share your cards!
LisaW. Offline
#63 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:04:40 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
A big thank you to everyone for making my hosting for the last few weeks a success.

Dee: Thank you for the colors this week. Wonderful ad colors for sketch #1. Wish I could find that patterned paper. Love the way you did all the layering of the flower.

BingoLady: Very pretty sketch #1 with the ad colors. Love that background paper for sketch #2 and wonderful job on the embossing to go with it. What a fun sketch #3 with the monkeys and love how you used the gems for the eyes...cute, cute, cute.

Joyful Carol: Sorry to hear about your back and glad you are all better. Very pretty sketch #3. Glad you posted it for us. I don't think any of us mind about whether you have a cricut cut or not. Lately it seems like my cards don't have much cricut either...maybe that is an excuse for me to buy a new cartridge, lol.

Turtlebug: Wonderful sketch #3...one of my favorite color combinations. Not sure what the Fisters interchan is but sure looks fun. Love your sketch #2 and the gold stars really pop on the card. Love the color combo you chose...such a pretty combo together. Very nice sketch #1 with the ad colors. Great embossing...just singling out those butterflies is beautiful. Gorgeous roses you have.

NanaDonna: Welcome back and glad you had a good time. Sometimes a get away is needed:). What great news...a boy. A girl and a boy...perfect. Glad I could help you get your sketch finished. Beautful sketch #1 with that paper combo. Love the color combo on sketch #3 and those stickers are very nice. Stunning sketch #4 and thank you for explaining how you did it. The embossing folder you used is very pretty and like how you used eyelets for the ribbon.

Britishgirl: Fantastic sketch #4 with the black and white....love how the ribbon is polka dot.

Jacquimo: Beautiful sketch #1 with the bright colors. This challenge has definitely helped me get out of my comfort zone too...I used to be a 1-2 color person and now I add a few more.

Gisele: Adorable sketch #1 with the skier and sure your coworker loved it. Modeling paste? Never heard of it but your sketch #4 is beautiful and love your elegant from.

1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/29/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#64 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:11:43 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 977 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Lisa,
Thanks for Hosting these past 2 weeks and for the nice sketches, I really enjoyed working them.

Dee,
I was a little worried about this Ad Color Challenge, but I so LOVE the way my #1 sketch card turned out. Thanks for pushing us to try unusual color combos!Smile

Dee,
Hope you find the link to the modeling paste, it sounds like fun to work with.