Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

redsla Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:50:46 PM(UTC)
redsla

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am not a person who has extra money to spend and over the years I have spent a bunch with ProvoCraft only to never ever have support without it costing me. My gypsy has a blue light and black screen. I can pay about $50 to send it in to have it repaired AND LOSE everything that is on it, or never use it again. I don't have $50 so I guess I will never use it again. Pretty bad since I have only used it maybe 50x since I got it way back when. My cricut won't update, it says it has to be updated through the gypsy - interesting since Provo doesn't support the gypsy any longer. They have always only cared about the money they could make right now and nothing more. I have MS and my medicine is more important than having to spend more money with Provo for something I used to give me some relaxing times.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:08:29 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 747 time(s) in 400 post(s)
I don't have a gypsy, so I can't help you there. What type of cricut do you have?
Kiethann Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 2:55:37 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 575 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Oh oh, you have the blue screen of death. I had the same thing happen to my first Gypsy. The representative told me they would replace it (only because it was not out of warranty) because it was not repairable. They also told me they would un serialize the replacement Gypsy so I could relink my cartridges. Sad story, when I got the replacement Gypsy, I could not do anything, CR said I had to download Cricut Sync to recalibrate my machine. This was way back when I had dial up and a misbehaving computer. I still can not get cricut sync to interact with my Gypsy. Well, now what do I do??
TammyPuckett Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 3:13:47 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Click on the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page & then click on the Gypsy repair & it tells you all about having your G repaired! You call CS & they send you a label to send it back. They will give you an idea of how much to repair, but I have never heard anyone say how much it cost to repair with the black screen. I used Cricut Sync just the other day to make sure mine was up-to-date & it said that it was.