Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jooniper Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 9:20:14 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
I found a Black Friday light blue Cricut with the $100 gift card for digital download at this WalMart I went to today. I had Hubby scan it and it came up $129. Not bad, and not what annoyed me. On further inspection someone opened the box and took the $100 gift card out. They probably bought it Black Friday and took the gift card out and returned the Cricut and got back their $129 and kept the $100 gift card.

Edited by user Saturday, February 08, 2014 9:21:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/9/2014(UTC)
ellamap Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 9:52:42 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Some people have no conscience! I don't understand how someone can cheat another. It isn't the store losing out, it's the next person who buys it.
 3 users thanked ellamap for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/8/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/9/2014(UTC), Annabella on 2/9/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 10:09:42 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Yep, and they made $29 off it too. I was actually going to see if anyone on here wanted it that was until Hubby opened it to see if the gift card was present and it wasn't. I know how some really were bummed about missing out on it on Black Friday.

I would have bought it anyway if I needed a back up for my E, but I just sold my Black Friday back up E a week back, to make room for the Explore! BigGrin I don't need a back up to my E anymore if I'm moving on to an Explore.
sewnmachine Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 6:04:58 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
This past thursday I found and bought the blue Walmart Expression for $129. Thankfully the $100 gift card was there.

So, last night I went digital shopping. I bought 4 sets ( masks, chess, solar system and chemistry). I was pleasantly surprised that the gift card actually worked. Most things with ProvoCraft either don't work like they should ..... or ...... don't work at all.

I was tempted to get the new "Box it Up" but I want the physical cart instead.

I am so happy with all of my Expressions right now. And I am not even tempted to get the Explore( or all of those Soiree carts by AG). I have my crafting area set up with everything I need, and that sure doesn't include a computer. Those 4 digital sets synced right up with my Gypsy.

I'm set. I'm happy.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/9/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 7:13:02 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

My gift card worked when I entered it back in November. I still have $58 left. I was saving it to get Edge to Edge, but then Cricut had that sale when they moved warehouses, so I got the physical cart. Now I'm just waiting to see what comes out. BigGrin

I use my laptop with my Cricuts, always have. Heck I'm going to get a new all-in-one desktop computer this week just for my Cricuts! So, moving on to the Explore is a no brainer for me, as I like using my computer to work with my Cricut. The only thing I don't like is having to link my carts to my account. But Like Hubby said, if I want to use my carts, just use my E or Mini. The enabler he is hahaha!!
sewnmachine Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 7:56:24 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
On the rare occasions that CCR doesn't crash on me I do enjoy using it. So my laptop can travel to my craft room when necessary. What I have sort of resorted to is doing my designs with the "online" version of CCR then hoping I can get my laptop application up and running to cut.
But even then using my Gypsy is my first resort.

Anyway I really appreciate the $100 gift card that came with the machine. That was an excellent public relations promo on PCs part.

It's snowing again like crazy today - spending the day in my sewing room.
Enjoy your Sunday!
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
Jooniper Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 8:00:16 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
On the rare occasions that CCR doesn't crash on me I do enjoy using it. So my laptop can travel to my craft room when necessary. What I have sort of resorted to is doing my designs with the "online" version of CCR then hoping I can get my laptop application up and running to cut.
But even then using my Gypsy is my first resort.

Anyway I really appreciate the $100 gift card that came with the machine. That was an excellent public relations promo on PCs part.

It's snowing again like crazy today - spending the day in my sewing room.
Enjoy your Sunday!

Enjoy your Sunday, too!! The $100 gift card was awesome!!
Dragonfly50 Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 10:55:40 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
I found a Black Friday light blue Cricut with the $100 gift card for digital download at this WalMart I went to today. I had Hubby scan it and it came up $129. Not bad, and not what annoyed me. On further inspection someone opened the box and took the $100 gift card out. They probably bought it Black Friday and took the gift card out and returned the Cricut and got back their $129 and kept the $100 gift card.

Sorry this happened to you and that Cricut user should be ashamed of themselves.

If you are out there and you know who you are I hope you feel like c..p for ripping off such a nice person.

Who did you think was going to loose out when you STOLE the card?

Sorry to just go off but this really bothers me.

D~
 1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 11:00:38 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Yep, and they made $29 off it too. I was actually going to see if anyone on here wanted it that was until Hubby opened it to see if the gift card was present and it wasn't. I know how some really were bummed about missing out on it on Black Friday.

I would have bought it anyway if I needed a back up for my E, but I just sold my Black Friday back up E a week back, to make room for the Explore! BigGrin I don't need a back up to my E anymore if I'm moving on to an Explore.

AND they took this opportunity away from you.
Which angers me more.

There are a lot of people who would have appreciated the gift myself included.

Thanks for thinking of us even if you couldn't follow through because of that Grinch.

Hugs
D~
 1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 2:03:07 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)

You know, I would think PC could TRACE that card from the serial # on the box; not that it would do any good, but it's the principle of the thing. Well, Jooniper, we all know whomever did that will pay someday....they will pay! I would love if you could talk to PC about that and maybe they would GIVE you what you rightfully have coming to you on purchase of that machine.

What some people will do.....they won't get away with it, ultimately.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 2:05:58 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)

I'm very surprised Walmart would take that CRICUT back after it had been opened. Not questioning you; just surprised. I wonder if someone in the store took that card? BOY...that's opening a whole other can of worms, isn't it?

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Jooniper Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 8:09:29 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
You know, I would think PC could TRACE that card from the serial # on the box; not that it would do any good, but it's the principle of the thing. Well, Jooniper, we all know whomever did that will pay someday....they will pay! I would love if you could talk to PC about that and maybe they would GIVE you what you rightfully have coming to you on purchase of that machine.

What some people will do.....they won't get away with it, ultimately.

Char

No, the gift card is not traceable. It is not assigned to any machine via serial #.

It's fine, I was just going to see if anyone who missed out on Black Friday wanted it, if all the contents had been there and it was unopened.
Jooniper Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 8:12:06 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

I'm very surprised Walmart would take that CRICUT back after it had been opened. Not questioning you; just surprised. I wonder if someone in the store took that card? BOY...that's opening a whole other can of worms, isn't it?

Char

Walmart will take back anything opened as long as you have the receipt. And they will not check to see if all the contents are there either. At least the WalMarts I frequent don't. :/
CowgirlUp Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 11:32:53 AM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 729 post(s)

Char

Walmart is horrible about things like this. I've seen opened cricut cartridge for sale at the store. Even open DVDs/cds. I've seen people buy things at another store for a much lower price and return them to Walmart to make money off it cause they "lost the receipt" These practices are a big part of why I don't shop at walmart unless I have to.
 1 user thanked CowgirlUp for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/10/2014(UTC)