Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:28:17 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8273 time(s) in 4875 post(s)
Remember how I told you I was pretty SHAKY about buying the EXPLORE last night?

Well, I am no longer SHAKY about it.

I decided I should not buy the EXPLORE at this time.

#1...some personal reasons came up that I can't go into here.
#2...Seeing that some were saying they heard we would not have immediate access to CDSpace made me think twice.....spending all that money and not being able to use the machine for months wasn't appealing to me at all.
#3...HSN Was not helping me with a problem I was having; it made me nervous that my Credit Card might be vulnerable
#4...HSN Was not letting me see my account when I LOGGED IN....and I called twice to try to resolve it and twice they told me it was fixed;; I couldn't see my HISTORY from last night.
#5...Luckily, my CC was not showing any charges on it
#6...So, I called HSN and to my SURPRISE, it was very easy to CANCEL my whole order.

Most of all, it made me very uneasy that we might not get to use CDSPACE when we got our machines; I wasn't willing to wait.

I didn't want to go on being deceptive that I had bought the machine because I TOLD EVERYONE LAST NIGHT I BOUGHT IT!

Char
 5 users thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/12/2014(UTC), LindainWA on 2/13/2014(UTC), Tryna* on 2/13/2014(UTC), CFrank74956e1a1721 on 2/13/2014(UTC), magenta on 2/13/2014(UTC)
leticia.defontanezeb36f599 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:48:15 PM(UTC)
leticia.defontanezeb36f599

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post

#2...Seeing that some were saying they heard we would not have immediate access to CDSpace made me think twice.....spending all that money and not being able to use the machine for months wasn't appealing to me at all.
#3...HSN Was not helping me with a problem I was having; it made me nervous that my Credit Card might be vulnerable
#4...HSN Was not letting me see my account when I LOGGED IN....and I called twice to try to resolve it and twice they told me it was fixed;; I couldn't see my HISTORY from last night.
#6...So, I called HSN and to my SURPRISE, it was very easy to CANCEL my whole order.

Most of all, it made me very uneasy that we might not get to use CDSPACE when we got our machines; I wasn't willing to wait.

I didn't want to go on being deceptive that I had bought the machine because I TOLD EVERYONE LAST NIGHT I BOUGHT IT!

Char

Well good for youLaugh you do whatever you feel to do. Like I said before..if you want it, buy it. if you don't want it, then don't buy it. if it doesn't meet your needs, return it. No big deal. Design Space will be available as soon as we get our machines in our homes. Maybe its a code or something. anyways, don't feel bad. Everyone has choices. In my case, I bought it. And I am willing to wait for as long as it will take PC to make this program wonderful. Like I said before I prefer QUALITY than junk. I don't go by 'they heard' or 'Ive heard' no. I go by facts. PC is trying to do better. Because of them is what got me scrapbooking years ago when I used to buy their papers. Take care.
 2 users thanked leticia.defontanezeb36f599 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/12/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/12/2014(UTC)
sandybj195566ad990e Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:51:52 PM(UTC)
sandybj195566ad990e

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 45 post(s)
You must do what you think is best - I've been told that you know you've made the right decision when you feel peaceful or relieved.

I find it hard to believe that design space won't be available when the machines are received. I suspect that registering them will unlock design space. I don't think they could justify NOT allowing owners to use it immediately, since it is the only controller for the machine and it would open them up to a class-action lawsuit. But, I've been wrong before and undoubtedly will be again. I don't understand why they won't let buyers in NOW, but I bet they are still polishing the software.
 1 user thanked sandybj195566ad990e for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/12/2014(UTC)
ScrappyNana Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:59:52 PM(UTC)
ScrappyNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 98 post(s)
Everyone has a personal choice, I believe the first people who buy and get the machines have the right to be the first to use the software. and to design and cut with it

Edited by user Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:01:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users thanked ScrappyNana for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/12/2014(UTC), GrammyCris on 2/12/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/12/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/12/2014(UTC), Scrappy_Vee on 2/13/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:00:24 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
As long as you feel good about your decision, that is all that matters! You can still buy it later on down the road when you have a better feeling about it.

On a side note, I do not think you would have had to of waited to use Design Space, and that all the speculations were just that.
 3 users thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/12/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/12/2014(UTC), blackbearblackbear on 2/13/2014(UTC)
ladybugstamper Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:35:37 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Hi!
I am not purchasing the Explore for a lot of the same reasons.

1. Finances, DH will be going through a plant shut down remodel this summer,6 weeks no pay, but medical is paid for. He has a lot of vacation time, but not enough, especially if the shut down goes longer than planned.

2. I don't shop on HSN, ever, so I am not going to buy something that pricey on line

3. I'd like to see the Explore being used and watch some how to videos.

4. I have spent the last 9 months with issues with my computer and CCR. The computer is only a year old, but drastic measures were taken and the computer did not get thrown out the window, which was my first choice. I can now use CCR. I would like to see if I could actually use Design Space before buying another machine.

5. I honestly do not have any interest in svg's at this time. I am sure I would learn to love this feature, but not right now.

6. I am looking forward to the videos, blogs and posts about the new machine. I can always add it to my Christmas wish list
 2 users thanked ladybugstamper for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:50:18 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
I didn't buy the Explore yet because I'm very indecisive about things I want. And my not crafting a lot lately had to do with my being indecisive.

I hate being indecisive!! Angry
 2 users thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC), Annabella on 2/14/2014(UTC)
TammyPuckett Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:08:49 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 216 post(s)
I don't like the fact that I have to be tied to a computer! My Expression makes awesome cuts & I can use it stand alone or with my Gypsy. I can only use my Imagine as a stand alone machine or with my Gypsy also. I am just fearful that the same thing will happen with Explore that happened with the Imagine.
 3 users thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
CFrank74956e1a1721 on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC), Annabella on 2/14/2014(UTC)
LindainWA Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:50:18 AM(UTC)
LindainWA

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 943 time(s) in 553 post(s)
Good for you!

I did that when the imagine came out. Had to return it b/c it didn't work but was so relieved to not spend that money when I was unsure.

There is a reason for everything.
 1 user thanked LindainWA for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC)
magenta Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:58:17 AM(UTC)
magenta

Was thanked: 703 time(s) in 506 post(s)
I am also "struggling" with the decision to cancel. Good for you for making the right one. I feel like I should get the machine and return it if I don't like it, but deep down I already know it's not the right machine for me. I don't want to be tied to a computer, I don't want to have to subscribe to an online service to use images I already bought and I DON'T want to link my cartridges.

Based on all these factors I really should just hit that cancel button... but it's a a CRICUT! I really need another fancy paperweight!

LOL
 2 users thanked magenta for this useful post.
CFrank74956e1a1721 on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:10:29 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 872 time(s) in 480 post(s)
Originally Posted by: magenta Go to Quoted Post
I am also "struggling" with the decision to cancel. Good for you for making the right one. I feel like I should get the machine and return it if I don't like it, but deep down I already know it's not the right machine for me. I don't want to be tied to a computer, I don't want to have to subscribe to an online service to use images I already bought and I DON'T want to link my cartridges.

Based on all these factors I really should just hit that cancel button... but it's a a CRICUT! I really need another fancy paperweight!
LOL

This part made me really laugh!!! That's how my daughter thinks I think about it. Actually she thinks my purchases are "therapy"!!! She thinks my ScanNCut is a printer!!!! haven't told her yet it's another cutter. I'm having the Explore delivered to my work address so I can bring it in the house while she's at her night class!!!! The only machine she truly likes is the Imagine because all she has to do is figure out what size, no layering necessary, she only uses Imagine cartridges. That takes all the fun away!!!!
 1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
ottergirl Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:57:41 AM(UTC)
ottergirl

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 142 post(s)
I also cancelled my April 25 delivery date Explore. It took me about 12 hours to realize I really love my original E, & CCR. Plus I have an unopened E in the spare room closet. The reason I bought the Explore was for the Anna Griffin part. Well I thought a lot of her things looked the same. I'm closer to 70 than 60 so how many parties will I be hosting. I like to go to parties, not host them anymore. I barely know what a SVG is. And the big reason is my crafts will still look like my crafts. I am not artistic and don't have any team behind me. My stuff is attractive and my family loves them, but they will NEVER be confused with an Anna Griffin original. Therefore I decided to wait and just buy her cartridges this summer for about a 10th of the price.

But I can't wait to hear and see all the wonderful projects done by others. These are fast moving and exciting times. So fortunate that I am able to witness all these technological advancements and to be able to dabble in them. Its a wonderful world be live in. Love
 4 users thanked ottergirl for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/13/2014(UTC), CFrank74956e1a1721 on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 2/13/2014(UTC)
Cricutgirlg Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:21:39 AM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 431 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Good for you! I'm waiting for mine excitedly but if it doesn't work I will not hesitate to return. Actually I bought tons yesterday that I will be trying out and if anything doesn't live up to my expectations than any and all will be going back. We'll be sure to keep you posted as they are received.
 1 user thanked Cricutgirlg for this useful post.
JanisD Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:28:56 AM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1336 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
I will be watching to see what this new Cricut machine can do. But as I said before I love my Expression with CCR! I can't justify buying a new cutter right now, but will be closely watching to see if it's really that much better than my Expression & then, just maybe then I will think about buying it.
My Expression cuts like butter at this point & for what I do I am very happy with it.. I still have the first Cricut that came out & I bought that way back in 2006, it still works great too. So, as I said I will wait & see, what I see. LOL

I will be waiting for the "how to" videos. BigGrin
 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
Tryna* Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:24:06 PM(UTC)
Tryna*

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 73 post(s)
You have to do what your heart says....even it it goes against the flow.

I agree with another post, if you are at peace with your decision you know it's the right one.

Besides, I have a sneaking suspicion that if/when you decide to get one, you will be able to find one!!

I, too, am waiting.....hoping for the best for all of those who have made the decision to go with the new program/cutter. It looks cool!--but if I bought everything that looked cool, well, you know.....BigGrin BigGrin

I'm excited to see all of the great things that our creative MB people come up with--and to figure out how to make do with what I've got!! --with a happy heart, that's the key!!

Glad you have the courage to know yourself--that's a hard one for me. Oh well, baby steps!Tongue --and thanks for sharing.

Keep posting--I love to read what you have to say!

Tryna
 2 users thanked Tryna* for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC)
Rice Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:50:58 PM(UTC)
Rice

Was thanked: 90 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post

Char

I know that must have been really hard. I hope the personal reasons are not too serious. We live in a society of instant gratification, and it is easy to get caught up in the peer pressure of sorts. You know others are getting something and you just know you have to have it, too. I think we all do it. (I know I'm guilty at times. Just ask my hubby. Wink ) I'm proud of you for making the decision you know is right for you at this time.

My internet was down all morning, which only emphasized one of the reasons the Explore not right for me (at least not right now). In fact, I'm so dependent on CCR, that my E2 is almost useless to me if I can't access the internet (although it's good to know I could use it without CCR or the internet if I really needed to). Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing good reports from those who get it, and drooling over all the creations from all of you using whatever tools you do have.

Now, if only I'd quit spending so much time looking at everyone else's projects and get busy actually creating something myself! BigGrin
 2 users thanked Rice for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:18:10 PM(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs

Was thanked: 250 time(s) in 94 post(s)
I am a devoted Imagine user as well as a E1, Design Studio, Gypsy and SCAL owner. I have tinkered with CCR a few times, but never actually hooked my machine to the software. I swore I would never convert to a computer driven product and was resentful of the mini when it was first introduced as I was sure the Imagine was a casualty to this new platform. That said i was smitten with the Explore, like a drunken sailor, within 15 minutes of the first presentation on HSN. There were several factors that won me over:

No Fuss Dial Settings - the pressure, speed and blade settings have always annoyed me. I've wasted a lot of lovely paper trying to get the combination right so I love that it is so simple.

3 Month Access to Design Space - Having access to all those images and not having to buy them enticed me. Its odd b/c of my disdain towards CCR but they hooked me through this next factor:

The Pre-made Projects on Design Space- If, in fact, creating the pre-made projects are as simple as Anna Griffin made it look, then HEL-LO- that rocks! I have a huge box of cuts that I have made over the years that were to big, too small, flipped the wrong direction or made from the wrong color paper. I would be thrilled to be able to cut those issues to a minimum.

Did You Say Leather? -I love that it can cut through so many materials. I know other Cricut machines have made this claim but owning a machine that is (supposed to be) designed specifically to cut materials other than paper is exciting.

I wondered if the morning after my purchase I would wake up feeling the knot in my stomach as the original poster described and if I had, plus all the proceeding "signs" she did, I would have cancelled too. But I woke up as excited as I was the night before. I really do hope that it is everything they promised. If not, I will return it.

I can tell you that I am still using my Imagine regularly and love it just as I did the day I bought it! My Expression and Gypsy see the most action because of the design flexibility. It makes me sad to hear that so many ppl. have had so much trouble with their machines and with PC customer service. I would have lost my marbles if I had had to navigate the issues so many have written about. I really hope that all the problems will be a thing of the past.

I will let you know when my machine arrives!
 3 users thanked jillieneIsaacs for this useful post.
Mary R. on 2/13/2014(UTC), GypsyBoricua on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC)
scrapalette Online
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:38:31 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)

LOL

I think you need to cancel. You have to be connected to your computer and the internet, you don't have to subscribe to use the images you already own BUT and this is the BIGGIE from your list, you do have to link your carts to cut from Design Space!

Granted, you can get it, play around {but not cut} with it and return it, but it weighs 10# or so, so the return shipping charge would probably be enough to buy a new cart!

All of my carts are already linked and I have my Cricut right next to my computer and I cut everything through CCR, so it wasn't a question of if I would get one, but when!

Edited by user Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:39:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Mary R. on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC), magenta on 2/13/2014(UTC), JustJudi on 2/13/2014(UTC), Jooniper on 2/13/2014(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:54:34 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jillieneIsaacs Go to Quoted Post
I am a devoted Imagine user as well as a E1, Design Studio, Gypsy and SCAL owner. I have tinkered with CCR a few times, but never actually hooked my machine to the software. I swore I would never convert to a computer driven product and was resentful of the mini when it was first introduced as I was sure the Imagine was a casualty to this new platform. That said i was smitten with the Explore, like a drunken sailor, within 15 minutes of the first presentation on HSN. There were several factors that won me over:

No Fuss Dial Settings - the pressure, speed and blade settings have always annoyed me. I've wasted a lot of lovely paper trying to get the combination right so I love that it is so simple.

3 Month Access to Design Space - Having access to all those images and not having to buy them enticed me. Its odd b/c of my disdain towards CCR but they hooked me through this next factor:

The Pre-made Projects on Design Space- If, in fact, creating the pre-made projects are as simple as Anna Griffin made it look, then HEL-LO- that rocks! I have a huge box of cuts that I have made over the years that were to big, too small, flipped the wrong direction or made from the wrong color paper. I would be thrilled to be able to cut those issues to a minimum.

Did You Say Leather? -I love that it can cut through so many materials. I know other Cricut machines have made this claim but owning a machine that is (supposed to be) designed specifically to cut materials other than paper is exciting.
I wondered if the morning after my purchase I would wake up feeling the knot in my stomach as the original poster described and if I had, plus all the proceeding "signs" she did, I would have cancelled too. But I woke up as excited as I was the night before. I really do hope that it is everything they promised. If not, I will return it.

I can tell you that I am still using my Imagine regularly and love it just as I did the day I bought it! My Expression and Gypsy see the most action because of the design flexibility. It makes me sad to hear that so many ppl. have had so much trouble with their machines and with PC customer service. I would have lost my marbles if I had had to navigate the issues so many have written about. I really hope that all the problems will be a thing of the past.

I will let you know when my machine arrives!

We all need to do what's best financially and what is in our best interest. Glad you made the right choice for yourself. No regrets best way to live. Having said this, I bought the Explore for most of those reasons as Jill & because it will write and cut...this is a huge time-saver for me. Also, I can pay for it in six months' is bonus for me. I have so many doctor bills but I can still afford $50.00 a month. yay Waiting not-so-patiently for my Explore...
 3 users thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC), jillieneIsaacs on 2/13/2014(UTC)
MamaCat Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:01:34 PM(UTC)
MamaCat

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 16 post(s)
well I understand your hesitation and can't blame you at all for wanting to wait, but I can tell you I have had nothing but wonderful experience with hsn they make returns and refunds very simple and easy, I bought and returned my Imagine from HSN BigGrin I think I even got my expression from them as well. the only reason I was agreed to the purchase of Explore so early on was because it was being sold on HSN (oh and of course flex pay LOL ).

you better believe I wont hesitate to send it back if it dose not do what it is supposed to do when I get it, I have already been through that with the Imagine Glare
 1 user thanked MamaCat for this useful post.
paulathompson2 Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:07:40 PM(UTC)
paulathompson2

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Ditto on HSN. I purchased my first E with them. The item had sold out and the package I received was missing mats. So I had a useless machine. They comp'd me generously and I was able to get mats and more at a local store.
 1 user thanked paulathompson2 for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:39:22 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

LOL

Magenta....you don't have to pay for using the SVG and other file extensions for your crafting. At first, they said we would have to pay $9.99/mo to use the SVG's, but they came out and said they were RECANTING and we would not have to pay $9.99/mo to use them. The $9.99/mo. is for newbies who don't own many cartridges (none of us who own 30+ or more cartridges need to do that because we already have them and they will be available to us in CDSPACE).

So, all you have to pay for (after owning the EXPLORE) is the newer content you CHOOSE to buy in digital and/or all cartridges you OWN...that do, of course, HAVE to be LINKED in order to use them in CDSPACE. Currently, we do not HAVE to link to use them in CCR.

Char

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
magenta on 2/13/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:44:36 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: ottergirl Go to Quoted Post
I also cancelled my April 25 delivery date Explore. It took me about 12 hours to realize I really love my original E, & CCR. Plus I have an unopened E in the spare room closet. The reason I bought the Explore was for the Anna Griffin part. Well I thought a lot of her things looked the same. I'm closer to 70 than 60 so how many parties will I be hosting. I like to go to parties, not host them anymore. I barely know what a SVG is. And the big reason is my crafts will still look like my crafts. I am not artistic and don't have any team behind me. My stuff is attractive and my family loves them, but they will NEVER be confused with an Anna Griffin original. Therefore I decided to wait and just buy her cartridges this summer for about a 10th of the price.

But I can't wait to hear and see all the wonderful projects done by others. These are fast moving and exciting times. So fortunate that I am able to witness all these technological advancements and to be able to dabble in them. Its a wonderful world be live in. Love

You are thinking a lot along the lines I was thinking and your frankness makes me feel even better about my decision. I am not a fan of AG's cartridges (I was a Tomboy....and I tend to do my crafting in that way). I know many LOVE her work and that's great for them; it's not me. Nothing against her; more power to her. I thought the party theme was a little over the top and it made me realize I'm past that phase in my life, too. I've NEVER worked with SVGs. AND, I love how you characterized your work....because, that's how I feel about mine, too.

If AG ever comes out with more on her cartridges than what she has in the past (which I think she might be with the three newer ones), then I might feel differently about her stuff.

I, too, am excited for the NEW TECHNOLOGY, though. I wanted to be a part of that more than anything. I might still, in the near future.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:53:17 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Everyone....thanks so much for your comments and your caring.

I had a medical condition that I was FEARING the WORST. I'm still not completely out of the woods, but it's better than I though....I'm not one to panic when things go a little wrong....but, I was splitting hairs on this early in the day, yesterday. I don't want to go into detail at all (some things you just don't go into detail); but, I am feeling much better about things this afternoon. Thank the Good Lord!

I LOVED listening to ALL of you; we all have our own reasons for what we need to do.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ALL OF YOUR PROJECTS/CREATIONS with the EXPLORE!!

It's going to be great!!

Char

5 users thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
magenta on 2/13/2014(UTC), GypsyBoricua on 2/13/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 2/13/2014(UTC), Jooniper on 2/13/2014(UTC), Tryna* on 2/14/2014(UTC)
scrapluvnsherry Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:00:37 PM(UTC)
scrapluvnsherry

United States

Was thanked: 277 time(s) in 194 post(s)

Well,I ordered it twice and cancelled it twice!!!OhMyGod I just had this nagging feeling that I really do not need this machine. I think I ordered it just for all the hype about it,lol. I don't scrap that much and only make cards for special occasions. So I finally decided it was not worth it at this time. I LOVE my E and am very happy in using CCR.ThumpUp Who knows maybe way down the road my scrapping will pick up and I will want the Explore.Smile

I will definitely be watching for how it is working out for those who bought it.Wink
 2 users thanked scrapluvnsherry for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC), jillieneIsaacs on 2/13/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:10:34 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I WANT TO BUY IT BACK, NOW! LOL.

But, I know I can't.

All's well that ends well, for now, anyway! I AM GOING TO BE LIVING VICARIOUSLY THROUGH ALL OF YOU!!

Char
Sherri Kay Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:38:04 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2431 time(s) in 2178 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I think you need to cancel. You have to be connected to your computer and the internet, you don't have to subscribe to use the images you already own BUT and this is the BIGGIE from your list, you do have to link your carts to cut from Design Space!

Granted, you can get it, play around {but not cut} with it and return it, but it weighs 10# or so, so the return shipping charge would probably be enough to buy a new cart!

All of my carts are already linked and I have my Cricut right next to my computer and I cut everything through CCR, so it wasn't a question of if I would get one, but when!

Wondering about what you stated in your second paragraph, Scrapalette, about not cutting with it. Why couldn't she?
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
jillieneIsaacs Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:02:38 PM(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs

Was thanked: 250 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapluvnsherry Go to Quoted Post
Well,I ordered it twice and cancelled it twice!!!OhMyGod I just had this nagging feeling that I really do not need this machine. I think I ordered it just for all the hype about it,lol. I don't scrap that much and only make cards for special occasions. So I finally decided it was not worth it at this time. I LOVE my E and am very happy in using CCR.ThumpUp Who knows maybe way down the road my scrapping will pick up and I will want the Explore.Smile

I will definitely be watching for how it is working out for those who bought it.Wink

hahahaha - i have done the buy and cancel, buy and cancel with HSN so many times!! they do get you all worked up and then your tummy feels funny and you cancel, then you think..oh no I'm missing out...then you think what else could I do with that money...
 2 users thanked jillieneIsaacs for this useful post.
scrapluvnsherry on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC)
scrapalette Online
#29 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:20:00 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sherri Kay Go to Quoted Post
Wondering about what you stated in your second paragraph, Scrapalette, about not cutting with it. Why couldn't she?

Because she doesn't want to link her carts. So when she gets it, she can design in Design Space but won't be able to cut anything unless she decides to link her carts. The Explore isn't a stand alone Cricut. The cart port is only for linking carts.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:31:21 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Was thanked: 1089 time(s) in 799 post(s)
I noticed today when I went to my Cricut account page (by clicking on my name at the top of the page) and then I went to look at my "linked cartridges" list, there were a whole bunch of carts listed as being linked by me on the Design Space in February....This seems to indicate that they are still working on adding images to the site. I was glad that I remembered to purchase the pens together with the machine too.
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.