Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

wrightslyricad6ee45d Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:17:50 PM(UTC)
wrightslyricad6ee45d

Groups: Registered

I am a "small time" crafter and I enjoy making block crafts. Mostly consisting of letters I have found it very time consuming to trace and cut them out by hand. Which machine is best for me? I have seen the new one coming out in March and I am not sure that I need that many options. I do like that the Expressions machine can download designs from online. That seems a more budget conscious way of starting out.

I would love to hear your opinions!

Lyric
Sherri Kay Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:22:46 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2391 time(s) in 2143 post(s)
The Expression cannot download images from the internet. It is a cartridge based machine.
baccsurfs4e96f071 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:36:27 PM(UTC)
baccsurfs4e96f071

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The Expression can use Digital Cartridges/Images from Cricut.com using the craft room. You can not use any image that you have like you can on the new Explore. However, I personally had a bad experience attempting that. Updating the firmware on my Expression in order to use the craft room froze my machine luckily I attempted this not long after receiving the machine so it was still under warranty and they replaced the machine. I will not be using the craft room with the replacement machine as I don't want to risk a repeat. I will just be content using the cartridges! I have found a few cartridges on Amazon (new) for good prices and one at Walmart that was on clearance. Now I am thinking I might like a Cuttlebug. My Expression came with a card cartridge and I think the embossing makes the cards pop from what I have seen on Pinterest!
TammyPuckett Online
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:21:14 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 332 time(s) in 193 post(s)
I love my Expression! It is the most versatile machine that PC has! You can use it with the CCR or as a stand alone machine! With CCR you can download digital images. Your can design & cut through CCR, but just remember you have to own the cartridge, digital image or digital cartridge to be able to cut. With the Expression, you can use the 12x12 or 12x24 mat. The new machine that has been released, you MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET to use it. The Expression is reasonably prices also.
wrightslyricad6ee45d Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:30:28 PM(UTC)
wrightslyricad6ee45d

All great info. Thank you!!!