Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
GracefulGrammar Offline
#31 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:35:48 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1846 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I think you need to cancel. You have to be connected to your computer and the internet, you don't have to subscribe to use the images you already own BUT and this is the BIGGIE from your list, you do have to link your carts to cut from Design Space!

Granted, you can get it, play around {but not cut} with it and return it, but it weighs 10# or so, so the return shipping charge would probably be enough to buy a new cart!

All of my carts are already linked and I have my Cricut right next to my computer and I cut everything through CCR, so it wasn't a question of if I would get one, but when!

Slap me silly...... why can't she cut??? How is she going to know if the machine operates if she can't cut? I am sure i am not seeing something obvious here????

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#32 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:45:10 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1846 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Because she doesn't want to link her carts. So when she gets it, she can design in Design Space but won't be able to cut anything unless she decides to link her carts. The Explore isn't a stand alone Cricut. The cart port is only for linking carts.

Can't she use the AG graphics??? since they were sold with the machine??
 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:52:19 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19009 time(s) in 8497 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Can't she use the AG graphics??? since they were sold with the machine??

If she registers the Explore, then those AG freebies and any other freebies should be cuttable. I guess it will be like the Gypsy and we could use Gypsy Font and Gypsy Wanderings to try it out before without having to link any carts to it.
 2 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/14/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Online
#34 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:47:54 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8083 time(s) in 4729 post(s)
Yes....and, anything she has bought digital so far she'll be able to use in the EXPLORE.

Digital purchases are automatically LINKED to our accounts, so she would be able to use those listed under MY CARTRIDGES.

I had thought (if and when I do get the EXPLORE) I would only LINK my favorite cartridges. I only have 60+; but, I probably only use thirty of them at most. The other 30 are not my favorites; I would be able to sell the 30 (well, I mean, I would try) I don't want and that I haven't linked.

I WOULD BE WILLING TO LINK those cartridges I use and LOVE the most.

Char
Jooniper Offline
#35 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:06:14 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Everyone....thanks so much for your comments and your caring.

I had a medical condition that I was FEARING the WORST. I'm still not completely out of the woods, but it's better than I though....I'm not one to panic when things go a little wrong....but, I was splitting hairs on this early in the day, yesterday. I don't want to go into detail at all (some things you just don't go into detail); but, I am feeling much better about things this afternoon. Thank the Good Lord!

I LOVED listening to ALL of you; we all have our own reasons for what we need to do.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ALL OF YOUR PROJECTS/CREATIONS with the EXPLORE!!

It's going to be great!!

Char

A couple of years back I was having lots of health issues, more than my usual. And I really wanted an iPad. But I was to have surgery and I didn't want Hubby to "waste" $500 for me an iPad, incase I died during the operation. During that time I had lots of things wrong with me which were caused by the meds I take and were secondary to my illness. So, I had a bleak outlook on life. My mental state was off due to chronic pain, inflammation, and lack of sleep. I didn't think nothing bad about dying, just that it would put me out of my misery. I explained it all to Hubby and the day I was released from the hospital, my Hubby bought me my iPad. Now I take my iPad with me for every procedure that I get put under.

I wish you the best with your health problems.
 2 users thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
Tryna* on 2/14/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/14/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Online
#36 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 8:55:53 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8083 time(s) in 4729 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
A couple of years back I was having lots of health issues, more than my usual. And I really wanted an iPad. But I was to have surgery and I didn't want Hubby to "waste" $500 for me an iPad, incase I died during the operation. During that time I had lots of things wrong with me which were caused by the meds I take and were secondary to my illness. So, I had a bleak outlook on life. My mental state was off due to chronic pain, inflammation, and lack of sleep. I didn't think nothing bad about dying, just that it would put me out of my misery. I explained it all to Hubby and the day I was released from the hospital, my Hubby bought me my iPad. Now I take my iPad with me for every procedure that I get put under.

I wish you the best with your health problems.

That was so sweet of your husband. MY DH would NEVER do that for me. I accepted a long time ago that he wasn't the type to indulge me in buying things for me. He is good in so many other ways, but I know he would never do anything like that.

Thanks, Jooniper; I also had thoughts that this was something very serious, so I didn't want to burden my DH with such a purchase if I didn't need to do that. I also had on my mind that I would try to sell ALL of my scrapbooking stuff and my cartridges before my DH and my kids had to take care of them. They wouldn't have the FIRST idea what to do with all of it; and, I never want to saddle them with it. SOMEDAY, I hope to sell off everything when it comes time to do that. I would HATE for them to have to deal with it. Of course, if I die tomorrow (which I'm not planning to do), they would have to. LOL.

I hope you are MUCH, much better now. I have improved each year after I retired from working from a myriad of problems....mostly arthritis EVERYWHERE over my body and aching ALL day long. After eight years of retirement, I have virtually NO arthritis problems today....still some, but nothing like they were. I am so very thankful. I HOPE YOU ARE IN A BETTER PLACE THAN YOU WERE those years you were having serious problems.

I BLAME PC for helping to get me back, too. CRAFTING has been a very good therapy for me.

Thanks again, Jooniper!

Char

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/14/2014(UTC)