Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cartobsessed Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 10:56:30 PM(UTC)
cartobsessed

Groups: Registered

Has anyone experience having their gypsy stuck while updating? I tried to use gypsy sync to CCR because I have ordered the explore and I want all my carts that are in my gypsy to be available in my design space when I get my explore . I was prompted to do an update when I tried to sync my gypsy to CCR. I have not used my gypsy for a while but it does work well the last time I used it. I was afraid to do any updates because I don't want it being messed up. I guess I just did. As I was updating at first it was going on well, then it was stuck at 47% updating and it was not going anywhere after that. So I stopped the update but my gypsy can't be turned off. Please help. Since it's late, I will just let the battery die and see if I can power it on tomorrow while plugged in and update my gypsy.
MaryStillman Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:43:15 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cartobsessed Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone experience having their gypsy stuck while updating? I tried to use gypsy sync to CCR because I have ordered the explore and I want all my carts that are in my gypsy to be available in my design space when I get my explore . I was prompted to do an update when I tried to sync my gypsy to CCR. I have not used my gypsy for a while but it does work well the last time I used it. I was afraid to do any updates because I don't want it being messed up. I guess I just did. As I was updating at first it was going on well, then it was stuck at 47% updating and it was not going anywhere after that. So I stopped the update but my gypsy can't be turned off. Please help. Since it's late, I will just let the battery die and see if I can power it on tomorrow while plugged in and update my gypsy.

I always plug my gypsy into an electric outlet when I update. I guess it helps to update frequently because the updates are not so huge because of having to install all the current updates. When I don't update monthly, it does take a bit of time to update.

Mary
 2 users thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
cartobsessed on 2/18/2014(UTC), KitKucera on 3/22/2014(UTC)
SMC24 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:39:07 PM(UTC)
SMC24

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have the gypsy and have had the same problem because I have not used it in a very long time. I also want to be able to use all of the carts that are currently on the gypsy with my explore which should arrive very soon!!
QUESTION: If I put my cartridges in the explore to upload to the new software, will they be good to use in my imagine if I wish? Also does anyone know how or if the imagine carts will work with the explore? Thank you!
MerleKudla Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:08:04 PM(UTC)
MerleKudla

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 17 post(s)
This happened to me as well. I have not used my Gypsy in a very long time and I wanted t link all my carts to CCR. While doing this I had to restart several times and then it just seemed to stop. I did have my plugged in to the wall. I finally just unplugged from machine and wall and turned it off. I waited a few minutes and turned and got a security breach error and could do nothing. SO I followed the steps on the help page and, like magic, all was well! I redid the Sync and it all worked. I had some other carts to link to gypsy so I did that the next day and did the Sync again and it all worked. I used the instructions at this link:

http://www.cricut.com/home/support/gypsy-linking

Now I don't know if you can do the steps without the error message, but I would think so, I think it is just a restore. You don't lose carts, just projects, but I had none.

I used the instructions under the security breach error questions. Maybe you would have to answer the questions differently if you did see that error message. (I never read the questions, I just answered like they told me...yes..I am a sheep!).

I hope this helps.
 2 users thanked MerleKudla for this useful post.
cartobsessed on 2/19/2014(UTC), KitKucera on 3/22/2014(UTC)
KitKucera Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:42:43 AM(UTC)
KitKucera

I also had the same problem so I went to this site and thankfully you all had the answers! I had just gotten to the part of updating……don't turn me off which lasted into the night. I went back and did turn it off, plugged it in and started over. Sometime maybe an hour later it was done. Thanks so much. I learn so much from the forum.