Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Sandycrafts Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:11:25 PM(UTC)
Sandycrafts

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am making the butterfly from the New Arrival Cartridge and I can't figure out how to get the holes for his eyes and mouth. It shows him having cute little eyes and a smile, but I don't know how to get those to cut.

I tried using the Shadow button and also the Blackout button, but still it cut solid.

I don't even understand what the difference between those two buttons are.
They are both pretty much the exact same size, not like a background for a smaller letter. If anybody can help with that that answer, too, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I am having a total hip replacement in a few weeks and my daughter bought me the Expression for Christmas. I'm still pretty new to all this, but am plugging along. She is coming home from out of state for a few days to help me after I come home from the hospital and I am making her a plastic glass with her name and butterflies, which she loves, on it as a thank you to show her what I am doing with my Christmas present!

If anyone can tell me how to get the eyes to cut out, and also what the difference between the Shadow and Blackout buttons are I will love you for it!!!!

Sandy
JensMom Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:00:57 PM(UTC)
JensMom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 460 time(s) in 336 post(s)
To cut the butterfly with the holes for the eyes you cut without choosing any of the function buttons. Just press the butterfly key and then cut (don't choose blackout or shadow). The blackout would be any shape without any holes or other cuts so you would use this if you wanted a particular color for the eyes and background. The shadow key cuts the image a little larger so it would sort of frame the image. does this make sense? hope it helps. If you look at the manual you will see the image you get just by pressing the butterfly key on the left hand side of page 101. If you press the shift key and the butterfly key you get the body of the butterfly with the holes. Hope this answers your question.
 1 user thanked JensMom for this useful post.
Sandycrafts on 2/21/2014(UTC)
Sandycrafts Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 10:21:39 AM(UTC)
Sandycrafts

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It all makes sense now. Thank you, JensMom!