Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

darcel.em.spence981c8d7b Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 2:58:09 PM(UTC)
darcel.em.spence981c8d7b

Groups: Registered

Hi I am new to cricut and was really hoping to use my new expression to put vinyl on the dollar store drinking cups with the straws. I have seen a ton of them on etsy but have no clue where to start. Does anyone have a tutorial or advice? I know how to turn on my cricut and basically that is all I know how to do at this point:/
Jessie Adams Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 8:27:38 AM(UTC)
Jessie Adams

Was thanked: 1014 time(s) in 654 post(s)
Check out videos on youtube for all of your vinyl or paper crafting projects.

PaperCraft65 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 9:12:25 AM(UTC)
PaperCraft65

Was thanked: 168 time(s) in 100 post(s)
If you are going to sell the cups - the $ Tree ones are NOT the same quality as the ones you see on Etsy. The $ Tree ones will pop apart and scratch very easily. You can get a much higher quality cup from SaveACup or Discount Mugs for not a whole lot more money.

Here is a link to Expressions Vinyl - they have some good basic "how to" videos, so you can understand vinyl. Each machine has it's own setting - so you will have to look up your machine to find out what to set it on. You want a "kiss cut" - you only cut the top layer of vinyl. The paper backing is left uncut. Expressions Vinyl Videos

You weed the vinyl off that you don't use and keep the design that you want on the paper backing. Then you use transfer tape to remove it off the backing and apply it to your project. I prefer the clear transfer tape so you can see where you are applying the vinyl.

You can cut around your design before weeding it, so you can save the vinyl scraps and use them again. Don't waste a whole sheet on one small cut.

I know this is a Cricut board - but the Cricut brand vinyl is not very good anymore. I buy my vinyl from Expressions Vinyl - but you can find other suppliers. Try to get Oracal 651. It is made for outdoors use, so it will stand up to washing the cups.
 1 user thanked PaperCraft65 for this useful post.
MomScrapper on 1/19/2014(UTC)
ARaeEv Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:32:54 AM(UTC)
ARaeEv

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Definitely use Expression Vinyl. They have great quality vinyl and all sorts of different types as well. They also have SUPER fast shipping. I ordered some Monday (17th) and three days later I have it!

Their videos are great as well. They aren't overwhelming, they give you exactly the information you need.