Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LemonDropMemories Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 4:04:58 PM(UTC)
LemonDropMemories

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Just thought I'd leave a heads-up to anyone not planning on buying digital, from cricut.com or who can't get the Cricut Explore:

From Black Friday 2012 to the date of this posting, my Joann Fabrics and Craft store has been selling their cartridges for $19.99. I'm sure a lot of you have noticed the same thing. It's been pretty awesome to get all the ones I've wanted for years. Cool

The part that disturbs me about this trend is that 2 weeks ago I noticed the shelves where they keep them looking awfully sparse. I asked the cashier who was also a shift manager about it, and he said that they haven't placed any orders to restock and he doesn't know why.

Today, I checked Joann.com and noticed that almost all of their cartridges online are out of stock! Scared So if you're still going to buy/use cartridges, you'd better hurry if you want them at this price!

Some "out of stock" online are still at the stores, just check through the online system or call your store. But I think that there's something going on and whatever/whoever is causing it has kept very tight-lipped about it.

Even though I've gotten this warning out, I still have a lot of questions not answered:

What's going on? Does it have to do with the new Explore and the Design software? Is Cricut making a move to making things all digital? I haven't seen any news about it and I did look for that.
 1 user thanked LemonDropMemories for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 2/22/2014(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 4:12:24 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
I can't answer your questions but I do know that cricut has come out with some new carts. lately. Like Box It Up & there's a new card cart. too {just came out the other day} but can't remember then name of it. BigGrin
sewnmachine Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 5:09:51 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
I think cricut is trending towards all digital - even though they are still coming out with some new ones. Thle new ones are not the full blown carts that we know and love. They are pretty skimpy. Almost like the cricut lite carts.

I think we are seeing the last of cartridges at Joanns.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
MClicker on 2/22/2014(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 5:16:21 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
I think cricut is trending towards all digital - even though they are still coming out with some new ones. Thle new ones are not the full blown carts that we know and love. They are pretty skimpy. Almost like the cricut lite carts.

I think we are seeing the last of cartridges at Joanns.

Hmmm? Box It Up & Edge to Edge are quite full with a lot of cuts. But I have no insight to what PC is doing as far as going digi or not. I kind of doubt it for a while anyway.
They still have users/customers out there that don't like or can't use CCR at all. These customers are still using the regular cricut, the mini the Expression etc. So basically they would lose a lot of these people if they went straight digi with nothing new for the remainder of the Cricut lovers....

But, as I said I have no insight of what PC is doing in that aspect.
 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
Eleanor on 2/23/2014(UTC)