Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jody Mason Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:56:34 PM(UTC)
Jody Mason

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a quick question. I would love to be able to upgrade to the new Cricut Explore but it just isn't possible at the moment. Will I be able to use my Cricut Expression with the new Cricut Design Space? The new Design Space sounds wonderful but I don't want to get hooked on it if my expression won't work with it.
 2 users thanked Jody Mason for this useful post.
J.Aden on 4/29/2014(UTC), DarleneDuncan on 7/19/2014(UTC)
naycrt0343f350 Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2014 11:02:07 AM(UTC)
naycrt0343f350

okay so i dont know if it was just a fluke (SP) or what but i got my old expression to update the firmware. Confused it does work because i tried it out already. so what i did was i held down the stop button for like 5 seconds before i turned on the power button and it worked. It took me like an hour and a half to get it to work! i was pissed that it wasnt working because guess what i have never used my PC with my expression.. yea yea i know where have i been but i just havent! im so happy that it worked because i was piseedMad!! you guys can try it if your still trying to update! i hope that helps for you guys because i wanted to scream! oh and before i did that i tried to call costumer support and they do not work over the weekend.. i was like what this is the first time i have ever heard of something like that! ugh i swear if i didnt invest so much i think i would go somewhere else but as a loyal customer i stayed. like i said hopefully this will work because amd it wont delete. now i think im going to be a bit happier with my bug.
armstre Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2014 12:31:05 PM(UTC)
armstre

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Unfortunately Cricut Design Space program is only compatible with the Explore machine. New technology needs new software and vice versa, just like all the other electronic devices we invest in over the years. The Expression does work well with the free online Cricut Craft Room... are you using that one?
kew4233bec5cf1 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 6:43:09 PM(UTC)
kew4233bec5cf1

I'm in the same boat. Cricut craft room won't let you upload a picture if it's no a ccr file and that has been really tough for me trying to do just one thing!Angry
J.Aden Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:58:18 PM(UTC)
J.Aden

So no other machine like my expression 2 will not work on the new cricut design space?Confused Confused ... if someone would help me out with this question that would be great!BigGrin i would LOVELove if it could work with the other machines! I to would LOVE to upgrade to the explore but cant for a while..Crying Crying
Cricut Tamara :) Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:13:02 PM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara :)

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 190 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Originally Posted by: J.Aden Go to Quoted Post
So no other machine like my expression 2 will not work on the new cricut design space?Confused Confused ... if someone would help me out with this question that would be great!BigGrin i would LOVELove if it could work with the other machines! I to would LOVE to upgrade to the explore but cant for a while..Crying Crying

Hello, The only machine that is compatible with the Design Space is the Explore machine. All of our other Cricut machines are compatible with Craft Room. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Cricut Tamara :)
Dana D. Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 1:41:37 PM(UTC)
Dana D.

I own the Expression. Will I be able to upload the cartridges that I already own into the Cricut Craft Room or is that just a feature of the Design Space? If it is possible, how do I do it?
Runningmomof2 Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 2:16:58 PM(UTC)
Runningmomof2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 537 post(s)
I'm not sure how to multiple linkings but I know when you go to use a cartridge to get it offers to link it for you. Unless it already is linked
CricutDani Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 4:49:47 PM(UTC)
CricutDani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dana D. Go to Quoted Post
I own the Expression. Will I be able to upload the cartridges that I already own into the Cricut Craft Room or is that just a feature of the Design Space? If it is possible, how do I do it?

Hello Dana,

You can absolutely link your cartridges to the Craftroom. You simply need to find the cartridge in the All Cartridges list. Once you have selected it there will be a link option. Insert the cartridge into your machine and click link.

-Cricut Dani