Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
CricketCMV Offline
#121 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 7:22:47 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8082 time(s) in 4729 post(s)
Originally Posted by: garagesaler Go to Quoted Post
I really liked the way that the Explore cut. So nice to get an intricate cut at such small sizes, even less than 2 inches.
I liked some of the things about Design Space, like seeing the complete image in color, and then the separating of the layers into different mats. I liked those features.
However, it was so difficult to do what I wanted to do on it. The fonts were so much harder to do the way it was set up. I had so much lag time whenever I did anything on Design Space. I am not talking about 5-10 seconds either. I counted slowly and I was up to 60 seconds for it to be ready to load a mat. Multiply that by 8 layers (8 mats), and I was losing more than 5 minutes just to get it to load the mats. When it was loaded, I still had to wait for it to be ready, about 30-45 seconds. I got the dreaded blue-please wait all of the time. I gave up on the fonts since that kept lagging and crashing. I even got one really strange message that my Cricut was already in use, so I had to shut everything down and start again.
I tried using my Windows 7 laptop with IE, then with Google Chrome. Same results, possibly a bit worse. My DH wanted to buy me a new laptop to use with Design Space. I tried my daughter's brand new (well 3 months old) Windows 8 laptop and had the same results with different browsers. And, we have a whole computer network at home. We have Lightning internet, and everything else that I do online is really fast. I have never had lagtime like this with anything else.
I tried to hang on until the Ipad app would be ready, but I read on Cricut's Facebook page that it would initially only be ready for make it now projects. I was hoping to be able to use Design Space with my Ipad and that it would be faster.
I was extremely frustrated trying to use Design Space. I only had 30 days to return it to HSN. It took them 19 days to get my Explore to me. I did not know when my 30 days started, if it was at purchase, or when I received it. So, unfortunately, my Explore and markers and tools are now on their way back to HSN.
I really wanted to be able to make this my go to machine. I am not a Cricut basher, just someone really disappointed that Design Space was the only way to use the Explore. If it was a stand alone machine, I would have kept it. Very sad to return it, but the frustration of Design Space was just too much.

I'm glad Scrapalette knew the cutoff for the 30 days. I would definitely get on the phone with HSN and ask them to ship it back to you and ask if the 30 days can resume and be added with the other shipment and resume when you receive it, again, to add on the days you missed in between shippings. I think they would work with you on it.

I don't want to give up on CDSPACE or the EXPLORE until I absolutely have to. Sorry you thought you had to get it shipped back. I think as long as our shipping date is on the 30 days, that works in shipping it back. I don't think it has to be back to them in the 30 days.

Do you know about that, Scrapalette? (If you see this)?

Char
GracefulGrammar Offline
#122 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 7:30:05 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1846 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
My screen resolution is 1920X1080! I just checked.

I wonder how many may need to change their screen resolution....especially if they are using a computer that is several years old (although even at several years old, I'm sure their screen resolution is sufficient).

So...if I'm working in CDSPACE....should I change the screen resolution to 1024X768 while I'm working in it....PERHAPS MY SCREEN RESOLUTION IS TOO HIGH? I don't think that would affect CDSPACE, but I'm asking anyone who knows if it could?

Char

Since the screens on DeSpace are a "fixed" size and can't be changed by the user, I think thats why there is a minimum screen resolution. This is to make sure that all items will appear on the screen, PC had like requirements for Design Studio. Some people couldn't get all the elements on a netbook screen to show on Design Studio making installation very difficult.

Yes, there are going to be some errors that are user errors....... but PC also has its own share of bugs with this software; such as, the problem CricutGirl had with her installation. These problems are not all user errors! I don't think screen resolution is your problem, Char. Check it and change it...... it's easy to do and can be changed back easily.

ETA: The screen resolution listed is a MINIMUM that needs to be set so all elements can appear/fit on the screen.........

Edited by user Friday, March 07, 2014 7:31:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/7/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#123 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 8:33:18 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Since the screens on DeSpace are a "fixed" size and can't be changed by the user, I think thats why there is a minimum screen resolution. This is to make sure that all items will appear on the screen, PC had like requirements for Design Studio. Some people couldn't get all the elements on a netbook screen to show on Design Studio making installation very difficult.

Yes, there are going to be some errors that are user errors....... but PC also has its own share of bugs with this software; such as, the problem CricutGirl had with her installation. These problems are not all user errors! I don't think screen resolution is your problem, Char. Check it and change it...... it's easy to do and can be changed back easily.

ETA: The screen resolution listed is a MINIMUM that needs to be set so all elements can appear/fit on the screen.........

I'll probably try this on MONDAY. I'm just wondering if it is reasonable to think using anything higher might affect how things work.

Thanks, GGrammar....I appreciate all the information/help I can get.

Char
Sherri Kay Offline
#124 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 11:11:06 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2396 time(s) in 2148 post(s)
Char, I don't think HSN would do what you are asking about reshipping an item and adding on the extra days garagesaler has for her 30 days. Look at the extra shipping cost to HSN for someone who will possibly just send it right back when her 30 days are up? Not saying they won't, but I've never heard of this or even thought of doing it. I might be wrong here. Huh
jscraftylady Offline
#125 Posted : Saturday, March 08, 2014 7:22:57 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2305 time(s) in 1240 post(s)
I would never suggest you buy a new computer, I was hoping you could test drive DeSpace on a computer with more RAM and see if it made a difference......

I gave Design Space a try on my husband's $28,000 work computer, a beast of a machine customized for video editing and effects rendering. Ran exactly the same as it did on my 6-year-old Black Friday special laptop. The crazy processing power made no difference.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
TracyJacobsen on 3/8/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#126 Posted : Saturday, March 08, 2014 7:30:11 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
I gave Design Space a try on my husband's $28,000 work computer, a beast of a machine customized for video editing and effects rendering. Ran exactly the same as it did on my 6-year-old Black Friday special laptop. The crazy processing power made no difference.

Thanks for the report....... it's not unexpected...... My credit card was charged for my X last night..... my 30 day clock will begin ticking soon.

ETA: Wasn't Wifi supposed to be available a few weeks after launch? Does anyone remember the timeframe PC said Wifi and the IPad app would be available?

ETA2: I need to correct this....... it is Bluetooth not WIFI....... thanks, GB, for the timeframe.

Edited by user Saturday, March 08, 2014 7:48:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GypsyBoricua Offline
#127 Posted : Saturday, March 08, 2014 7:44:08 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 750 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Thanks for the report....... it's not unexpected...... My credit card was charged for my X last night..... my 30 day clock will begin ticking soon.

ETA: Wasn't Wifi supposed to be available a few weeks after launch? Does anyone remember the timeframe PC said Wifi and the IPad app would be available?

2nd qtr - apr - jun
 1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 3/8/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#128 Posted : Saturday, March 08, 2014 9:04:04 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
2nd qtr - apr - jun

GB, are you going to post any cuts? do you have time?
GypsyBoricua Offline
#129 Posted : Saturday, March 08, 2014 9:45:48 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 750 time(s) in 401 post(s)
GB, are you going to post any cuts? do you have time?

I am planning on posting the St. Paddy's day cards tomorrow. I have 2 more to make. I needed to make at least 6 different ones because my oldest son has 5 kids (and his oldest daughter has a son), so can't have any repeats for that batch. So I have to cutout 12 total. Between working full time, taking care of my daughter's 2 Mon - Thurs evening, my time is very limited, but I will post tomorrow.
 2 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 3/8/2014(UTC), SkyCandy on 3/8/2014(UTC)
mama nay Offline
#130 Posted : Saturday, March 08, 2014 12:20:05 PM(UTC)
mama nay

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Is there a way to get the explore to conserve paper? Aka If I arrange all my shapes on the design mat they all fill one paper. But... when I go to cut the Explore wants me to use 2 sheets of paper? Has anyone else had this problem or found away around it?

Basically how do you move shapes on the second cut mat back to the first cut mat? All my shapes are the same color (black).[img]http://[/img]
mama nay attached the following image(s):
mat 1.JPG
mat 2.JPG
Sherri Kay Offline
#131 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 9:37:30 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Try selecting the 12x24 mat and then move all your images into the 12x12 area. Could someone do this and then cut it to see if it works? I don't have the Explore yet, but I tried it in Design Space and it looks like it would work.
Crafterlunn Offline
#132 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 11:30:26 PM(UTC)
Crafterlunn

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 608 time(s) in 289 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mama nay Go to Quoted Post
Is there a way to get the explore to conserve paper? Aka If I arrange all my shapes on the design mat they all fill one paper. But... when I go to cut the Explore wants me to use 2 sheets of paper? Has anyone else had this problem or found away around it?

Basically how do you move shapes on the second cut mat back to the first cut mat? All my shapes are the same color (black).[img]http://[/img]

Yes, click on select all, then click on Attach. It will keep your image arrangement on the mat.
 2 users thanked Crafterlunn for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/10/2014(UTC), mama nay on 3/10/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#133 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 7:31:16 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Crafterlunn Go to Quoted Post
Yes, click on select all, then click on Attach. It will keep your image arrangement on the mat.

Thanks so much for this tip, Crafterlunn.....I hadn't read anything about how to keep the images where you place them on the mat and was having problems with this, myself.

I can't wait to try it out.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#134 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 7:36:38 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: mama nay Go to Quoted Post

The canvas you have chosen goes past the 12" line on the mat (so, naturally, the program is not going to allow you to cut on the first mat any images hanging below that 11 3/4" line. Maybe it would work better to DESELECT the canvas. Then SELECT ALL and move all the images to the top left corner of the mat itself.

The tip about selecting all to ATTACH may work (as the OP suggested), also. I haven't gotten to try that, as yet, but I'm definitely going to give it a try. Obviously, it has worked for the OP).

Just a thought.

Char

Edited by user Monday, March 10, 2014 7:38:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sherri Kay Offline
#135 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 7:57:57 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Char, can you try the idea I posted above? I don't have the Explore yet (end of this month) so I can't test it to see if it would work. Smile
Ken's Kreations Offline
#136 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 11:01:27 AM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

United States

Was thanked: 1949 time(s) in 499 post(s)
I want to know if they are planning on making a cut sheet of 8.5 X 11? I love how the design arranges everything on the mat, however i cut on 8.5 X 11 sheets and it is a pain to rearragnge the 12 X 12 cutting mats. Wish there was an option for this size of paper when you cut.
 2 users thanked Ken's Kreations for this useful post.
TracyJacobsen on 3/10/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 3/16/2014(UTC)
TracyJacobsen Offline
#137 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 11:08:28 AM(UTC)
TracyJacobsen

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ken's Kreations Go to Quoted Post
I want to know if they are planning on making a cut sheet of 8.5 X 11? I love how the design arranges everything on the mat, however i cut on 8.5 X 11 sheets and it is a pain to rearragnge the 12 X 12 cutting mats. Wish there was an option for this size of paper when you cut.

You'd think they'd need to do that for print then cut. Probably add A4 and other paper sizes, too.
 1 user thanked TracyJacobsen for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 3/16/2014(UTC)
melodylanedesigns Offline
#138 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 11:16:57 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1922 time(s) in 943 post(s)

That's what I use too. I would think they would put a custom paper size, that would be a good idea.
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
juneadelle Offline
#139 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:33:23 PM(UTC)
juneadelle

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

YES. I have been searching for how to change the material size to 8.5 x 11 since last night. I thought that I had to just be missing it somewhere--so I'm glad I found this conversation. I have 40 multilayered baby shower invitations to make, but the paper I'm using is 8.5 x 11. I thought that surely there would be a way to change the size from 12 x 12 and I was just missing it. Now it looks like I'm going to have to make these things one at a time instead of doing it in multiples with the cool auto-arrange on multiple mats. I LOVE this machine, but arrrrgh, come on.
 1 user thanked juneadelle for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#140 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:14:15 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: juneadelle Go to Quoted Post
YES. I have been searching for how to change the material size to 8.5 x 11 since last night. I thought that I had to just be missing it somewhere--so I'm glad I found this conversation. I have 40 multilayered baby shower invitations to make, but the paper I'm using is 8.5 x 11. I thought that surely there would be a way to change the size from 12 x 12 and I was just missing it. Now it looks like I'm going to have to make these things one at a time instead of doing it in multiples with the cool auto-arrange on multiple mats. I LOVE this machine, but arrrrgh, come on.

Wouldn't it be helpful to use a CANVAS; you can make that 8.5X11....that would be your guide for placing your images?

Char
jscraftylady Offline
#141 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:02:23 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2305 time(s) in 1240 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Wouldn't it be helpful to use a CANVAS; you can make that 8.5X11....that would be your guide for placing your images?

Char

I think it would still divide her cuts by color as if she was cutting from 12x12 or 12x24 paper.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/16/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#142 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:51:13 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
I think it would still divide her cuts by color as if she was cutting from 12x12 or 12x24 paper.

I guess I thought she wanted a guide so she didn't place too many cutouts on her 8-1/2 X 11" papers. This makes sense to me; but, I'm probably not understanding what she wants to do. So, you're probably right.

Char
lorensonstephanie94e0b898 Offline
#143 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 12:01:41 PM(UTC)
lorensonstephanie94e0b898

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one really looking for this feature. I think canvas size or custom setting should include this option. Well... really I think the dropdown where you choose 12 x 12 or 12 x 24 should also have the option for custom size (but presumably they don't want it there...) PLEASE give us this option some where.

When you are cutting multiples of the same image you don't have a choice it how it arranges them.