Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dscrapper Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:25:21 AM(UTC)
dscrapper

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Is there a way to link my cartridges to CCR without using my Gypsy? I haven't updated my G in a couple of years and she works just fine. I want to be able to use CCR as a backup in case my Gypsy crashes and dies. I really don't want to update my G for fear of a crash as I don't use my cricut without the gypsy. What happens if my gypsy crashes and dies before I am able to link my cartridges? Am I then just out of luck when it comes to the alternative of CCR?
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:56:46 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)
The carts that are already linked to your gypsy have to be linked to your cricut.com account through the gypsy link in CCR. No other way.

New carts can be linked to CCR and then transferred to your gypsy through Cricut Sync.

If you don't link your Gypsy before it dies, you'd have to pay for a gypsy repair and then link it.
Happishay Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:30:52 AM(UTC)
Happishay

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 229 time(s) in 155 post(s)
You are far better off linking the G now while it works then fretting over what may happen in the future. The carts you have linked on your G will only link to your G period. In order to cut with them in CCR you have to load each one manually, linking eliminates this and allows you to design and cut. Each time you purchase a new cart you can re sync your G and CCR and your G will have all of the SAME carts. If you decide to purchase the new Explore in the future, all of your CCR images will automatically how in DS. If you should use the $9.99 monthly subscription in DS, then all of the carts you have available to use show in CCR and then you can sync them to your G! Updating your G will also allow you to sync the newer carts, they are only on the updates.