Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
DawnMcDowell Offline
#61 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:14:57 PM(UTC)
DawnMcDowell

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I just tried again and got a new error

"The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem. The certificate does not match the installed application certificate, does not support application upgrades, or is invalid. Please contact the application author."

Dawn
scrapmimi28f56c774 Offline
#62 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:00:50 PM(UTC)
scrapmimi28f56c774

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am getting very tired of these issues! I have a Cricut in each of my craft rooms and cannot use wither of them. My cartridges are stored in the attic and I couldn't get them down, even if I wanted to. What is the problem and when will it be resolved?
AmyGlock Offline
#63 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:46:50 AM(UTC)
AmyGlock

I was getting the unauthorized developer error and saw the comment to right click to open. My mouse doesn't have a right click because it's a MAC. So I tried the Control-Shift click that I guess is the equivalent. That got me farther but I still got the error.

I googled the error and found this link that helped me.
http://www.imore.com/how...loper-os-x-mountain-lion

I didn't open up all installs but the install error for the cricut craft room was listed an I was able to click on the bottom beside it (or was the message a link.) I forgot to take screen shots but once I clicked by that error I was able to run the install without any issues.

Unfortunately upgrading Adobe AIR, applying all system updates AND re-installing CCR didn't fix my original issue...but that is for another post.

I hope this helps someone else who is having the problem with the install.
gourmetsoapboutique Offline
#64 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:15:13 PM(UTC)
gourmetsoapboutique

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dalloway425b9992c0b Go to Quoted Post
I, too am still having trouble with connection being lost between cuts. I have to close CCR and reopen it in between every cut and layer. I WILL NEVER buy a digital cartridge again. I was told that the digital cartridges would automatically load to E2 every Tuesday with the updates... HOWEVER, that is not the case and I can only use them via CCR which works less than 25% of the time. This is HORRIBLE. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

i too have always had this same problem. you have to close and reopen something before you can continue the cut. the whole cricut online system is just too frustrating. if they are not willing to continuously manage and update software why are they in this business?
gourmetsoapboutique Offline
#65 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:18:42 PM(UTC)
gourmetsoapboutique

United States

Originally Posted by: AmyGlock Go to Quoted Post
I was getting the unauthorized developer error and saw the comment to right click to open. My mouse doesn't have a right click because it's a MAC. So I tried the Control-Shift click that I guess is the equivalent. That got me farther but I still got the error.

I didn't open up all installs but the install error for the cricut craft room was listed an I was able to click on the bottom beside it (or was the message a link.) I forgot to take screen shots but once I clicked by that error I was able to run the install without any issues.

Unfortunately upgrading Adobe AIR, applying all system updates AND re-installing CCR didn't fix my original issue...but that is for another post.

I now am also having this same issue too. again, why is cricut in this business if they can't keep software updated for pc's and macs? WHY?!!! sell the company to someone who is willing to manage it properly. this is exactly why they are not going to fool me into purchasing an explore. so i can be even more frustrated when i have to be online to cut and it still doesn't work?!!! silhouette cameo here i come!
 2 users thanked gourmetsoapboutique for this useful post.
jnw70233f386f8 on 3/26/2014(UTC), cricutjunkied86cf720 on 7/31/2014(UTC)
lori115096cd Offline
#66 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 4:34:04 PM(UTC)
lori115096cd

UGH! I am having the same problems. I have done EVERYTHING suggested in this forum SEVERAL TIMES, and in every single blog I have found. I have done all the troubleshooting suggested at Cricut.com. I have spent at least 20+ hours trying to get my machine to work with my new laptop that has Windows 8.1. I have been on the phone with Cricut support twice. Their additional suggestions have not worked. I have been on the phone with Norton anti-virus support. I have been on the phone with Microsoft support. I have added the exceptions in Nortons anti-virus and Windows Defender (and let me tell you that was a project in itself because you can't access Windows Defender if you have other viral software installed, so it involved an uninstall/reinstall of Nortons). I am using CCR in compatibility mode for windows 7 as an administrator. I have tried using it in compatibility mode for Windows XP(SP3). My screen goes black. I have uninstalled, reinstalled CCR several times, made sure the drivers were installed, reset the Cricut, downloaded the firmware update at least 10 times. I have done it all multiple times. I have used three different USB cords. I have tried all the ports. I have spent SO MUCH TIME and still cannot use Cricut Craft Room with my new computer. It used to work with an old laptop with Windows XP (SP3) just fine, but that laptop is old and dying, so continued use of it is not going to be a long-term solution. I keep getting the "No usable devices are available" warning. Sometimes it says it is going to cut, but then freezes. I don't have Cricut Sync or a Gypsy. It's just me, my personal cutter, my cartridges (no digitals), and my laptop. This is so frustrating. Nothing is working.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT. I will continue to call Cricut Support until this matter is resolved. I just want to it to work. And I don't get home from work until 5:30 so I will have to call when they are about ready to close. Thank you!

Lori

P.S. And to make matters worse, I just found out that my Extreme Fonts cartridge is already linked to a Gypsy. I bought it brand new at Joanne Fabrics. Go figure that one! Do we now have to worry about buying used cartridges at craft stores?????
jessica71783 Offline
#67 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 8:28:05 AM(UTC)
jessica71783

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have a lap top and a pc. the lap top is the newer 8 operating system the the desk top is xp. if I update the firm ware for the lap top will it still work for the desk top. or is it only one or the other? I have CCR on both but on the lap top it says "no devices found" when I click on cut?
 1 user thanked jessica71783 for this useful post.
bournebaking on 8/8/2014(UTC)
GeekMom Offline
#68 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 7:52:00 PM(UTC)
GeekMom

Is the issue with Mac 10.9 ever going to be fixed?? I have tried everything under the sun and it will not work. I just got my Cricut as a gift for christmas and have been learning to use the cartridges fairly well. I thought maybe my machine was defective, but my mother in law came in town this week, hooked up my Cricut to her laptop and was able to cut immediately. I've been waiting since Christmas to use the digital cartridges that I bought with my gift certificate... I'm getting a little antsy and upset that it's been three months with NO update Glare
angiefan5a99a4d5 Offline
#69 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:21:09 AM(UTC)
angiefan5a99a4d5

Hello there

Last weekend I updated my Mac desktop to 10.9.2

I have a Cricut Expression

My Design Software now does not recognize my cricut when I go to cut something that I have designed in the software.

I do not have any anti virus software at the moment

Please Help

Angie

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SEND YOU ANY PM AS YOUR MAILBOX IS FULL
angiefan5a99a4d5 Offline
#70 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:22:14 AM(UTC)
angiefan5a99a4d5

EMPTY YOUR MAILBOX AND PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE
jerricac_09b47664e7 Offline
#71 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 3:24:23 PM(UTC)
jerricac_09b47664e7

Originally Posted by: AmyGlock Go to Quoted Post

Hi Amy,
I have been having trouble with mine too, and to Right Click (on my computer) not sure if it is the same on all of these I have to click with two fingers. I have just deleted and reinstalled my CCR and I hope I no longer have these issues!
maverycksa5f52a21 Offline
#72 Posted : Saturday, May 03, 2014 12:37:22 PM(UTC)
maverycksa5f52a21

I am on a Mac Bool Pro (Laptop) running Maverycks (10.9.2) Post 42 by cricut had a link that still was not working but I was able to get mine to work following the link on Post 52. When the pop up for the application issue comes up, leave it up. Go to Finder, then click on System Prefreneces then go to Sercuity and Privacy (its the top row and looks like a grey house) it should automatically open to the General tab. At the bottom, underneath were it gives you the option of what programs to allow (only app store, or apple certified developers) there is a message that asks to allow this program, click the button to allow. Then go back to the download screen and click the button on the right. I forget how they term it but it will then open and update CCR.

There will be another message to allow this program communication access and you want to answer yes or "allow".

I hope that helps clear up the mac security issues.
 1 user thanked maverycksa5f52a21 for this useful post.
fgee1f9baf76 on 5/14/2014(UTC)
fgee1f9baf76 Offline
#73 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:51:32 AM(UTC)
fgee1f9baf76

[img][/img]Thank you maverycksa5f52a21 for helping us MAC 10.9 users ....

Apparently their customer support people don't know this!
I spent over an hour with customer service and their reply was to hook up a PC and run the firmware update (even though I told them my expression was at the highest firmware ).

I updated my CCR software using this link:

http://us.cricut.com/home/usemini

Went to system preferences, security and privacy - and under general I go a message that cricut craft room was denied opening - I hit open and craft room launched and worked!

cwebff5577aa Offline
#74 Posted : Saturday, June 07, 2014 12:15:26 PM(UTC)
cwebff5577aa

I have Mac OSX 10.9. When I bought my Cricut expression, I downloaded a copy of the Cricut Craft Room from the website. That was May 23, 2014. I have been having trouble connecting (drops out intermittently, won't link cartridges).

I followed a link in this post (http://us.cricut.com/home/usemini) and downloaded the software for Mac (again). This was on June 7, 2014. When I tried to install I got a message that told me I was about to install the same version (Version 1.0 Build 187). I checked the installation file (.dmg) and noticed the most recent installation file had a different file size than the one I downloaded on May 23. Interesting...

So I installed again, and this time I was able to link a cartridge that I wasn't able to before the re-install. It remains to be seen if I'll continue to have connection problems. Just wanted to mention this.

Edited by user Saturday, June 07, 2014 12:16:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

goalkevin75e1504d3 Offline
#75 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:30:40 AM(UTC)
goalkevin75e1504d3

I am running Windows 8.1 and using both a Cricut Expression and a Gypsy. I have not been able to sync Blushing either to digial packages I purchased last week to make christmas gifts. Wasted 2 afternoons trying to do this and trying to contact your company and not getting a human being. Even a recorded message would have been better telling us of the issues Russian Ibcbet .
allison1978 Offline
#76 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:05:20 PM(UTC)
allison1978

When is this going to be fixed!?! I am so upset that I wasted so much money on this stuff and now can't do anything!

I have a MAC Version 10.9.3

I can't cut with CCR because I supposedly don't have the right Firmware, but I can't get the Firmware to update. I have been trying for months.

I'm not going to give up and buy an Explore. I will sell everything and get a Silhouette if this isn't resolved soon.
Mad
 2 users thanked allison1978 for this useful post.
dezcantrelle298cba9 on 6/23/2014(UTC), kdhilsabeckcfd3b13b on 7/11/2014(UTC)
aesthergonzalez546f14aa3 Offline
#77 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:20:02 PM(UTC)
aesthergonzalez546f14aa3

Angry Angry I'M TRYING TO GET ACCESS TO CRICUT CRAFT ROOM WITH MY LAPTOP WINDOW 8, AND I FOLLOWED ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS, AND TRY EVERYTHING. IT'S NOT FAIR BECAUSE I SPEND MONEY IN ONLINE GRAPHIC THAT I CAN'T USE. NOBODY CAN HELP ME WHEN I CALL TO THE SUPPORT BECAUSE NOBODY SPEAK SPANISH ANYTIME.Crying I NEED SOME HELP, PLEASE. MY ENGLISH IT'S NOT GOOD, I'M TRYING VERY HARD.
aesthergonzalez546f14aa3 Offline
#78 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:29:31 PM(UTC)
aesthergonzalez546f14aa3

I WAS THINKING TO BUY EXPLOSION, BUT I'M FEEL SO Angry WITH PROVO CRAFT AND THE COMPANY, BECAUSE FOR YEARS THEY DID NOT TRY TO GET SOMEBODY WHO SPEAK SPANISH, AND NOW I THINK THAT THEY HAVE MY ONLINE CARTRIGE THAT I PAID FOR IT.
cricutjunkied86cf720 Offline
#79 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:52:33 PM(UTC)
cricutjunkied86cf720

Crying I have windows 8.1 and my E2 will not work with the CCR. It says (your user info is invalid you may have logged on in another location) what the heck does that mean. I was about to purchase an EXPLORE but now I am really thinking about a Silhouette or Cameo. It seems like whenever Provo Craft release a new product the old product goes to hell (just saying) Please fix this soon it is ridiculous how much money we spend on Cricut product and all they can say is were working on it. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
 1 user thanked cricutjunkied86cf720 for this useful post.
kdhilsabeckcfd3b13b on 7/11/2014(UTC)
MayraL7 Offline
#80 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 2:05:22 PM(UTC)
MayraL7

Not sure if this is the same problem I'm having, I use CCR on my Mac and everything works fine till I do the first cut after the first cut the connection is lost and I have to restart both my expression 2 and CCR in order for me to be able to cut again it only lets me cut once and then again I have to restart both. It so frustrating working on a project and having to restart so many time. Very time consuming. Mad
dezcantrelle298cba9 Offline
#81 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 3:02:57 PM(UTC)
dezcantrelle298cba9

I am having issues getting my Expression to work with my Mac. I changed the security so it will download the program. Then downloaded, and then the window popped up to approve CCR Bridge install, so I entered the password, but it just kept popping back up asking for the password over and over again. I finally click cancel. Then I get a new pop up that states I "have 2 of 2 computers linked to my CCR account" and asks if I should delete all computers so I could use this current computer. So I said Yes. Now it says there are no recognizable devices when I go to cut something! How do I fix this!?!?

Edited by user Monday, June 23, 2014 3:12:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kdhilsabeckcfd3b13b Offline
#82 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 10:27:14 PM(UTC)
kdhilsabeckcfd3b13b

I am DONE with my Cricut. I have spent an extreme amount of money on Provocraft products and have encountered issue after issues. First the USB port snapped off inside my Gypsy so I had to rely on my computer to use Craftroom and have done that for sometime. Craftroom is a terrible program yet it was all I had. All of the sudden I am no longer able to access the program on my computer and nothing online has helped. The customer service hours are lousy and whenever I called I just end being more frustrated with the company. I was debating on selling my Expression to purchase an Explorer, but will now be selling my Expression to purchase a Silhouette. I am a business owner who relies on your products and have been put in a bind many times because nothing ever seems to work. I have a birthday party with 17 kids tomorrow morning that I am trying to prep for and need 17 vinyl letters. I have paid way to much money to have products that don't work and are unreliable, including buying cartridges that do not work. As I am in the crafting business, I will from this point on only be recommending my customers purchase a Silhouette when they ask for my advice (which is often). Many of my friends have recently sold all of their Provocraft products in exchange for a Silhouette, yet I held off in hoping things would improve. Instead, I am not left in a bind and will have to burden a friend to use their Silhouette yet again. Words cannot express my frustrations towards your company or my anger, but I hope you go bankrupt. Your shoddy projects (that you over charge for) are a disgrace to the crafting community.
 1 user thanked kdhilsabeckcfd3b13b for this useful post.
heartnurse4e202d1b3 Offline
#83 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 9:11:12 PM(UTC)
heartnurse4e202d1b3

I am also having a problem, my hp laptop with windows 8.1 will not download the CCR software. An error box comes up that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. YOu may not have the appropriate permission to access the item." I have never installed CCR, and I am an administrator. I have McAfee Antivirus. Very frustrated. Any ideas?
MichelleSanchez2 Offline
#84 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 11:28:51 AM(UTC)
MichelleSanchez2

I have a MAC Version 10.9.4 OS X Mavericks. I am getting real sick of NOT being able to use my Cricut Craftroom. I too like many of the people on here have spent thousands of dollars buying Cricut machines, cartridges, supplies, etc.
You need to get this fixed..!!!!!..
I have read all the trouble shooting for this and NOTHING works..
I have installed the new (latest) Cricut Sync and it says device is not responding..
I have installed the new (latest) Cricut Craft room and it says no useable devices found.
The CCRBridge pop up to install the helper after entering my password 1 to 25 times still just pops up and never does anything but that.
I have put my security down to the lowest, I have turned my fire wall off, I have turned my fire wall on and put them in the list to except. I have done everything. I want this to be fixed. I have emailed support as work and do not get home in time to ever call support.
I want a fix for this. My Cricut Craft room worked fine before and have never had problems until now (lately).
bkevin19eaca298 Offline
#85 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 11:21:59 AM(UTC)
bkevin19eaca298

I am having the same problems as user MichelleSanchez2. I don't understand why CCRBridge won't install after I enter my password.
valeriekettner Offline
#86 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:11:01 AM(UTC)
valeriekettner

Angry I am having the same issues as MichelleSanchez2 & bkevin19eaca298. The window that says CCRBridge is trying to install a new helper tool. Type your password to allow this." stays open and does not install the helper even after several attempts. I have closed all other windows, rebooted my system and tried installing from that with no luck.

Very frustrating. I have spent a lot of money on these products and digital carts.

Here's a solution - why not find a way for our expressions to work with Design Space.
 1 user thanked valeriekettner for this useful post.
bournebaking Offline
#87 Posted : Friday, August 08, 2014 2:51:31 AM(UTC)
bournebaking

Originally Posted by: jessica71783 Go to Quoted Post
I have a lap top and a pc. the lap top is the newer 8 operating system the the desk top is xp. if I update the firm ware for the lap top will it still work for the desk top. or is it only one or the other? I have CCR on both but on the lap top it says "no devices found" when I click on cut?

I've just purchased an Explore here in the UK from Hobbycraft Ltd. That, finally, now works and does what it should.
However, my Cake Mini is another matter. We bought a new HP laptop with Windows 8.1. Guess what? Cake Mini and CCR don't work! CCR no matter what I do, will not go past the driver error box. I have tried everything and it does not work. I even found the so called "update" from Cricut - doesn't work!

I will be telling all my friends NOT to buy any product from Cricut. Clearly don't understand how to keep up with software updates and then almost hang you out to dry with customer service. In the UK we have to wait until 2pm (GMT) to get any answers.

So fed up with rubbish!
kathyacolton73e90e05 Offline
#88 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:15:45 PM(UTC)
kathyacolton73e90e05

Angry
I don't like repeating the same thing, however, I am having the same issues as poster: MichelleSanchez2 and am very frustrated. HELP!!!!!!

I have a MAC Version 10.9.4 OS X Mavericks. I am getting real sick of NOT being able to use my Cricut Craftroom. I too like many of the people on here have spent thousands of dollars buying Cricut machines, cartridges, supplies, etc.
You need to get this fixed..!!!!!..
I have read all the trouble shooting for this and NOTHING works..
I have installed the new (latest) Cricut Craft room and it says no useable devices found.
The CCRBridge pop up to install the helper after entering my password 1 to 25 times still just pops up and never does anything but that.
I want this to be fixed.
My Cricut Craft room worked fine before and have never had problems until now (lately).
soduffcreations1dbfc32f Offline
#89 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:35:30 PM(UTC)
soduffcreations1dbfc32f

Angry Angry Angry My Cricut Expression was the WORST purchasing mistake I've EVER made!!! I used it 3 times before the Craft Room application stopped working, I've read and re read every forum and tried every fix to no avail. I bought this product for my business and have yet to make any return whatsoever on my investment because I had problems the first 3 times I used it (it eventually cut) I wish I never bought this piece of crap! The software is awful and nothing ever works!! You would think for the prices they charge customer service would be better and they would get their sh*t together so everything works.
I keep hearing about the silhouette and I think I'm going to sell all of this Cricut garbage and invest in one of those!!! Also I just spent $60 on Divine Weddings which can not be found in the craft too, but I guess that doesn't matter since I can't use it anyway.
Cricut is the WORST PRODUCT EVER!!!!!

Edited by user Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:38:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified