Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JanisD Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:05:38 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
I'm just curious to who all bought the scoring tool with your X? I guess a lot of you got them when you ordered from HSN though.

So I'm curious & wondering if I will need one? I want to order from HSN but they tell me they don't know if they will ever get the Explore in again or not. I'm not surprised at that at all.

I placed a pre-order at amazon & am thinking about adding the score tool. Then again seems a big pain to be changing out the blade for the score tool, I'm pretty good at scoring things myself, been doing it for years LOL.

Janis
Lady Bug S Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:12:49 PM(UTC)
Lady Bug S

United States

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Janis, M and Joann have explore in store plus accessories.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:14:50 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1847 time(s) in 876 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
I'm just curious to who all bought the scoring tool with your X? I guess a lot of you got them when you ordered from HSN though.

So I'm curious & wondering if I will need one? I want to order from HSN but they tell me they don't know if they will ever get the Explore in again or not. I'm not surprised at that at all.

I placed a pre-order at amazon & am thinking about adding the score tool. Then again seems a big pain to be changing out the blade for the score tool, I'm pretty good at scoring things myself, been doing it for years LOL.

Janis

I bought one at Js to test the score function. It is actually a very weak indent......... BUT it does give me a visual guide as to where to score with my score board. Also doubling the score line helped a bit. Js allows coupons for Cricut accessories so I got 40% off. I am glad i bought it...... useful for cards and boxes. I really didn't like the perf lines that were used before; and, I always hid those.
 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
JanisD on 3/19/2014(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:16:30 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: Lady Bug S Go to Quoted Post
Janis, M and Joann have explore in store plus accessories.

I wish! My Joanns never heard of the Explore! I don't have a Michaels near me. I did see the tools at my local J's though.

Thanks, Janis

Edited by user Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:21:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Happishay Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:16:46 PM(UTC)
Happishay

Was thanked: 229 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Ms and W have them for $8.99 and you will not have to wait at Ms or pay shipping if you use ship to store at W. Changing the scoretool for the pen is SOOPER easy and the blade houseing only comes out if you need to change the blade. That again is really easy to change, simply release the gray strap and then pull up on the item you wish to remove. It will make far more sense as you veiw it in person. Have fun!! I also hear that many are "scoring" their tools at Js with use of the 40% off coupon!!!BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin Flapper Cool
 1 user thanked Happishay for this useful post.
JanisD on 3/19/2014(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:19:03 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
I bought one at Js to test the score function. It is actually a very weak indent......... BUT it does give me a visual guide as to where to score with my score board. Also doubling the score line helped a bit. Js allows coupons for Cricut accessories so I got 40% off. I am glad i bought it...... useful for cards and boxes. I really didn't like the perf lines that were used before; and, I always hid those.

I can't believe when I called my local J's today & asked if they were getting or if they had the X & the girl never heard of it!
I did see the tools there last week, they might of had a score tool too, but I'm not sure.

Thanks, Janis
kynlea Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:41:02 PM(UTC)
kynlea

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 43 post(s)
On the X you don't change out blade for score tool. It has it's own adapter and goes in where the pen writes. That way the machine scores and cuts in the same step.
 1 user thanked kynlea for this useful post.
JanisD on 3/20/2014(UTC)
bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:02:00 PM(UTC)
bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
JoAnn's in Lincoln, NE has two or three sitting behind the counter if someone is the area looking. They had nothing for the Explore on their wall so I was glad I went to Michael's. I found the scoring tool at M's for 9 dollars. It doesn't look like it would score deep, but probably good enough. Even Michael's had their stuff hidden inside an aisle display thing and just a demo of the machine. Walked by it twice and missed it. Not sure if they had any in stock though.

I'll try out the scoring tool tomorrow.

pattipet_DEACTIVATED3a11185b Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:20:45 PM(UTC)
pattipet_DEACTIVATED3a11185b

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I received my scoring tool from Amazon today, and I am not unhappy. It is not the deepest score, but easy for me to see and fold. Since I have the scraper handy, I go over the fold with it. I am very happy I bought it.
 1 user thanked pattipet_DEACTIVATED3a11185b for this useful post.
JanisD on 3/20/2014(UTC)
ScrappinNannie Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:28:44 AM(UTC)
ScrappinNannie

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 156 post(s)
Got mine from amazon. Will be here monday. It was very hard finding at first. I just posted HSN has the entire tool kit with stylus included for $19.99. Id get the stylus. I think you will end up needing it.
 1 user thanked ScrappinNannie for this useful post.
JanisD on 3/20/2014(UTC)
CrafT1 Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:43:43 AM(UTC)
CrafT1

Was thanked: 379 time(s) in 270 post(s)
I love the scoring tool and the fact that it cuts and scores the project in one step. I am making 50 pillow boxes for favors for a shower and it was so nice to have them come off the mat cut and scored!
 1 user thanked CrafT1 for this useful post.
JanisD on 3/20/2014(UTC)
GrammyCris Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 5:57:37 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1147 time(s) in 535 post(s)
I did not like the old scoring idea where you had to change out the blade housing for the scoring housing....this is totally not like that.

You insert the scoring tool in the second housing area and push go....it knows when to score and when to cut, it's wonderful.

I just did a baby shower and had to do 15 bags for favors...it was so easy, when I removed each piece they were ready to fold and glue.

I wish the scoring tool made a little deeper score but hopefully that is something that can be fixed in the future. But if you do any projects with scoring you will want this tool. Also there is a scoring line that can be added to your own projects so it's not just for projects that have already been created like in Tags, Bags...
 1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
JanisD on 3/20/2014(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:07:26 AM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

OK ladies, thank you. I think I will need the scoring tool LOL.

As I said in another thread, I have to get my hands on the X first but I do have one pre-ordered. Hoping to have it by my birthday, my hubby wanted to order it & surprise me BUT he has no clue of where or anything about it & left that all up to me.

Took me forever to decide if I wanted to order one or not.

Thanks, Janis

Leanner Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:54:42 AM(UTC)
Leanner

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1552 time(s) in 1141 post(s)
I checked at my J's for you. We had 3 Explores come in but we haven't had any scoring tools come in yet. The Explores were bought the day that is was released.