Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JustJudi Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:20:43 AM(UTC)
JustJudi

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1225 time(s) in 690 post(s)
I was wondering if anyone has decided to send their Explore back to HSN.

I REALLY am enjoying mine.
 2 users thanked JustJudi for this useful post.
Jooniper on 3/20/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 3/20/2014(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:25:16 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 438 post(s)
mine is going nowhere. I haven't got to play much because of being covered up with work but I know I am NOT sending it back. Only hoping that they improve the design space.
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
JustJudi on 3/20/2014(UTC)
ArcadiaFLNative Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:54:50 PM(UTC)
ArcadiaFLNative

United States

Was thanked: 1688 time(s) in 654 post(s)
I have read very few posts of those who have had issues with the machine and sent them back or had them replaced.

On the other hand I have read MANY posts from those who are in love with their machine and are having a great time creating.

I love mine and hope to get time to really go crazy creating. I see the potential to do many more projects and the possibilities are endless. I am loving being in some groups on Facebook who are sharing their creations. They are beautiful and inspiring.

Penny
garagesaler Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:55:46 PM(UTC)
garagesaler

United States

Was thanked: 2498 time(s) in 1997 post(s)
Mine went back already. Design Space was really slow on two different laptops with different broswers. Loved how the Explore cut, but I could not stand spending over 10 minutes to cut several layers of an image. I hated getting the "please wait" for a minute with each thing I cut. Others say it works quickly for them. Sorry that it would not run quickly here or I would have kept it.
 2 users thanked garagesaler for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 3/21/2014(UTC), JanisD on 3/21/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 1:24:31 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1848 time(s) in 877 post(s)
Originally Posted by: garagesaler Go to Quoted Post
Mine went back already. Design Space was really slow on two different laptops with different broswers. Loved how the Explore cut, but I could not stand spending over 10 minutes to cut several layers of an image. I hated getting the "please wait" for a minute with each thing I cut. Others say it works quickly for them. Sorry that it would not run quickly here or I would have kept it.

I haven't committed to keeping the X yet. The software is so dang buggy. I am also concerned that the software went live a month ago and there has been no significant improvements, imho. The machine cuts cart images the way they should have been cut from the get-go but I am not sure that's enough when PC hasn't shown me even a small improvement in 30 days..........
 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 3/21/2014(UTC)
Tickled Pink Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 1:58:07 PM(UTC)
Tickled Pink

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 105 post(s)
I hope I will not have to send mine back.
But, there is a issue between the program and my computer.
I am holding out hope that they will find a solution to the problem.
But, if they can not fix it by the end of next week, I will have to send it back.
And I will be very sad.
JanisD Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:48:51 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Oh great. LOL & I just ordered mine.

As I said in another thread, I have read so so many posts where one person loves it, the next is having issues, the next can't get DSpace to work correctly etc. etc. So I figured all I can do is buy one & try it out for myself.

I have played a bit in Dspace, but it's hard to know how well it really works without actually cutting. So, for me time will tell. I should have my X by the 26th.

All being said, I'm one that never had any trouble with my Expression & still love that machine. It always cut the perfect circle, & rarely had a time where I couldn't cut something rather small.... I use it a few times a week at least & sometimes more.

Janis

Edited by user Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:50:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JustJudi Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:49:05 PM(UTC)
JustJudi

Was thanked: 1225 time(s) in 690 post(s)
So far, the only problem I've had is not enough time to work with it. The times I have, it's been wonderful. I wish I could sell my older models, but I'll never get what they are worth, so I'll hold onto them.
 4 users thanked JustJudi for this useful post.
LynneF on 3/20/2014(UTC), JanisD on 3/20/2014(UTC), Sojourne on 3/21/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 3/21/2014(UTC)
LynneF Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 5:39:19 PM(UTC)
LynneF

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Love it and happy with Design Space. Looking forward to more that will be coming with it. I do not think it is buggy just does not have more advanced features yet.
I am blessed with excellent internet and a fairly new computer.
NEVER has it been slow.

Speed issue is related to user's Internet connection and computer. Sorry for ones having this problem.

garagesaler Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 11:35:57 PM(UTC)
garagesaler

United States

Was thanked: 2498 time(s) in 1997 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LynneF Go to Quoted Post
Love it and happy with Design Space. Looking forward to more that will be coming with it. I do not think it is buggy just does not have more advanced features yet.
I am blessed with excellent internet and a fairly new computer.
NEVER has it been slow.

Speed issue is related to user's Internet connection and computer. Sorry for ones having this problem.

I have turbo lightning Internet, which is really fast. I tried Design Space on a brand new Windows 8 laptop, with several browsers. It took forever. I do not have issues with any other sites at all. There is something about Design Space and how it runs here. I have no idea what it is. I am glad that it works quickly for some. It does not work quickly for all though.
 2 users thanked garagesaler for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 3/21/2014(UTC), SkyCandy on 3/21/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 1:01:55 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

I have turbo lightning Internet, which is really fast. I tried Design Space on a brand new Windows 8 laptop, with several browsers. It took forever. I do not have issues with any other sites at all. There is something about Design Space and how it runs here. I have no idea what it is. I am glad that it works quickly for some. It does not work quickly for all though.

I hear you, GarageSaler. But there has always been a group of people here that has blamed any problems people have with PC products on the user, the user's connection or the user's computer. You will never convince them that PC products are anything less than 100% perfect. This denial of problems have caused many a heated discussion on this board and many folks have left because they were tried of always being wrong. This is the only board I have been on that responds in this manner. It's unfortunate and in the end the denial has done more harm than good for Cricut and it's reputation. Another side effect is that folks just left and this MB became a ghost town.

The bugs have been and continue to be documented and reported. PC is aware that there are problems with the software. All we can do is wait and see if they are fixed. Until then, crafters work around them because the cutter is really doing a great job cutting PC art, even though the software isn't always consistent.

I wish the software was as good as the Explore....... but in my opinion, the software wasn't given the same attention to detail that the machine was given. I hope PC gets your problems fixed because the X cuts the artwork the way its should have been cut years ago.

ETA: Here is a post from a FB group member who has been in contact with PC about various bugs..... She includes PC responses about issues users are having with DeSpace:

http://www.cricut.com/fo...to-DSpace-Questions.aspx

Edited by user Friday, March 21, 2014 1:40:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
Tickled Pink on 3/21/2014(UTC), mom2sidsquid on 3/21/2014(UTC), SkyCandy on 3/21/2014(UTC), Sherri Kay on 3/21/2014(UTC)
CricutGena Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 6:41:51 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)

Hello garagesaler, have you contacted customer service? We would love to help you figure out why you are having a slow connection to Design Space. If you have fast internet you should have no issues. We can take a look and help you figure out what may be causing this if you call in.

-Cricut Gena
sandybj195566ad990e Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 8:12:21 AM(UTC)
sandybj195566ad990e

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I sent mine back. Hsn received it a few days ago and has already refunded my account.

I think it depends on how you are using it. People like me who are cutting only their own svgs seem to be much less enchanted with design space than those who predominately cut cricut images.

If I had a cricut cartridge library, I would have kept the machine as DSpace seems to do well with those images. But importing svgs, not so much. Since I don't, I wasn't betting $300 that PC would improve DSpace to the point it would approach the usefulness of mtc or scal.

Plus, as well as the explore cuts, it's not really better than other machines I have. That coupled with the poor performance of DSpace was enough for me to send it back.
 3 users thanked sandybj195566ad990e for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 3/21/2014(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 3/21/2014(UTC), JanisD on 3/21/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 8:24:58 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: sandybj195566ad990e Go to Quoted Post
I sent mine back. Hsn received it a few days ago and has already refunded my account.

I think it depends on how you are using it. People like me who are cutting only their own svgs seem to be much less enchanted with design space than those who predominately cut cricut images.

If I had a cricut cartridge library, I would have kept the machine as DSpace seems to do well with those images. But importing svgs, not so much. Since I don't, I wasn't betting $300 that PC would improve DSpace to the point it would approach the usefulness of mtc or scal.

Plus, as well as the explore cuts, it's not really better than other machines I have. That coupled with the poor performance of DSpace was enough for me to send it back.

You made a well thought out decision......... If i didn't already have 150+++ carts there would be no reason to have the X. The software is too far behind the competition. It appears to me that most of the X buyers are people who have already amassed a large cart library. I will stick with my other cutters for SVGs and designing. I will say the X cuts Cricut graphics much better than the legacy Cricut machines ever did.
 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
JanisD on 3/21/2014(UTC)
TracyJacobsen Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 8:33:26 AM(UTC)
TracyJacobsen

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 72 post(s)
I didn't return a machine, but I didn't buy one either. I've played around with DS a bunch and agree that it's not quite finished. I'll wait until some of the glaring problems are fixed, and the Print then Cut feature is enabled before re-evaluating whether to buy one.

Unfortunately, with PC's poor track record of fixing software and commitment to products, I need to see some follow-through on their plans before buying.
 1 user thanked TracyJacobsen for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 3/21/2014(UTC)