Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sandeer655280fd Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 5:58:45 AM(UTC)
sandeer655280fd

Groups: Registered

1. Ordered my Cricut Explore machine on the first day it was offered for sale on HSN.

2. Delivery date was almost a month later due to heavy demand for the machine.

3. Was extremely excited to get it when it finally arrived, but it’s been terribly disappointing and frustrating since then.

4. After many tries, I was unable to get my new machine to register on the Cricut site. I tried using my laptop (Windows 7 with Internet Explorer) with wireless connection and my desktop (Windows 8.1 with Internet Explorer 11) with Ethernet connection to the internet; but neither approach worked. I also tried both computers using Google Chrome and Firefox; but neither of these allowed me to register either. I also tried different front and back USB ports for the plug, but none of them allowed me to register. Several calls to their help desk still couldn’t get me registered. Help desk said that my internet speed wasn’t fast enough to allow the machine to register. They suggested that I go somewhere with a faster internet to get registered.

5. I drove 30 miles to go to my daughter’s house to use her internet (FIOS high speed) to get my Cricut registered through my laptop…without success. Called the Cricut help desk and they took over my laptop and tried several things (including reinstalling drivers and maybe updating firmware); but they couldn’t get it registered either. Then they suggested using my daughter’s laptop (older than mine with Windows 7 and Google Chrome) to try to register my Cricut. After several attempts, this finally worked and my machine got registered.

6. I went home and tried to use my Cricut on my laptop, and I got an error message saying “your Cricut machine is already in use 0X0003 0x0005.”

7. Called Cricut, and the help desk said that it was probably a problem caused by my antivirus software (AVG 2014). I thought this was odd because the Cricut website Support Q&A’s say that “because the program is cloud-based, any antivirus software should not interfere with it”. But at this point I’d try anything, so I deactivated AVG and tried again, but I still got the same message. Then I completely uninstalled AVG and tried again, but still no luck. Retried this step on my desktop, and no luck either.

8. At this point I am tired, disappointed and frustrated. Even with a few hours of help desk support, my machine still won’t work.

9. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can get this “fantastic” machine to work?
AnnaGlanz Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 6:37:41 AM(UTC)
AnnaGlanz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I returned mine. I want options, not just using DesignSpace that when it's super busy crashes. If (explore) was available with CCR or off line it would be one thing, but I am not paying $300 then have to deal with an interface I didn't particularly like and wasn't very user friendly. I'm sure once all the bugs are worked out it will be a cool program, especially for people that do not want to necessarily create all their own projects. I bought a Expression2, after spending the entire weekend trying to get one project done, I'm still not done! Cursing
CricutGena Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 01, 2014 1:05:40 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sandeer655280fd Go to Quoted Post
1. Ordered my Cricut Explore machine on the first day it was offered for sale on HSN.

2. Delivery date was almost a month later due to heavy demand for the machine.

3. Was extremely excited to get it when it finally arrived, but it’s been terribly disappointing and frustrating since then.

4. After many tries, I was unable to get my new machine to register on the Cricut site. I tried using my laptop (Windows 7 with Internet Explorer) with wireless connection and my desktop (Windows 8.1 with Internet Explorer 11) with Ethernet connection to the internet; but neither approach worked. I also tried both computers using Google Chrome and Firefox; but neither of these allowed me to register either. I also tried different front and back USB ports for the plug, but none of them allowed me to register. Several calls to their help desk still couldn’t get me registered. Help desk said that my internet speed wasn’t fast enough to allow the machine to register. They suggested that I go somewhere with a faster internet to get registered.

5. I drove 30 miles to go to my daughter’s house to use her internet (FIOS high speed) to get my Cricut registered through my laptop…without success. Called the Cricut help desk and they took over my laptop and tried several things (including reinstalling drivers and maybe updating firmware); but they couldn’t get it registered either. Then they suggested using my daughter’s laptop (older than mine with Windows 7 and Google Chrome) to try to register my Cricut. After several attempts, this finally worked and my machine got registered.

6. I went home and tried to use my Cricut on my laptop, and I got an error message saying “your Cricut machine is already in use 0X0003 0x0005.”

7. Called Cricut, and the help desk said that it was probably a problem caused by my antivirus software (AVG 2014). I thought this was odd because the Cricut website Support Q&A’s say that “because the program is cloud-based, any antivirus software should not interfere with it”. But at this point I’d try anything, so I deactivated AVG and tried again, but I still got the same message. Then I completely uninstalled AVG and tried again, but still no luck. Retried this step on my desktop, and no luck either.

8. At this point I am tired, disappointed and frustrated. Even with a few hours of help desk support, my machine still won’t work.

9. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can get this “fantastic” machine to work?

Hello Sandra, as long as your internet speeds continue to not meet the minimum requirements there will not be a way to use the Explore and Design Space software with your computer. Once your speeds increase and meet those requirements you will be able to use it.

-Cricut Gena
sandeer655280fd Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 02, 2014 5:10:08 AM(UTC)
sandeer655280fd

Cricut Gena,if this is true then why did my computer not work at my daughter's house when I was using her Verizon Fios connection? It worked on her computer that is virtually my same computer model. I'm stumped.
Deedles.dee887dc4bf Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 02, 2014 7:12:07 AM(UTC)
Deedles.dee887dc4bf

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Here I sit in exactly the same boat. This is day 2. I never got a 'setup' screen when going to the link posted inside the Explore.

I briefly had a 'register' your machine pop-up that came and went. When I went to register my product in another tab the site gave me a "Whoops" error has occurred.

Cricut is not user friendly and I may wind up sending this Explore back as you did because prior to this machine, Support was never able to answer my questions, or help me either.

I have Comcast internet which is lightening quick for all other applications except Cricut.com related. I'm giving it until today and will decide.
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 02, 2014 8:09:18 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Deedles.dee887dc4bf Go to Quoted Post
Here I sit in exactly the same boat. This is day 2. I never got a 'setup' screen when going to the link posted inside the Explore.

I briefly had a 'register' your machine pop-up that came and went. When I went to register my product in another tab the site gave me a "Whoops" error has occurred.

Cricut is not user friendly and I may wind up sending this Explore back as you did because prior to this machine, Support was never able to answer my questions, or help me either.

I have Comcast internet which is lightening quick for all other applications except Cricut.com related. I'm giving it until today and will decide.

Hello, please call customer service at 877-7cricut. We can walk you through the setup process. It may be as simple as making sure you are typing in the URL in the right area. Or making sure it is typed in correctly. From your description you are not going to the right URL. We would be happy to get you set up and crafting, you will love this machine once you get started.

-Cricut Gena
sandeer655280fd Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 08, 2014 2:09:48 AM(UTC)
sandeer655280fd

Wanted to give everyone an update. It's now a week later, and my Explore still doesn't work. I spent an additional $50/month to triple my internet speed, and even though all of the experts at Provocraft now agree that my connection speed is more than adequate, my machine still gets error messages that Provocraft hasn't figured out how to solve.

Their support team took over my computer several times...did a bunch of stuff like uninstalling and reinstalling Design software, downloading new drivers, downloading program fixes, removing extensions, uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and other things...and it still doesn't work.

After MANY LONG phonecalls last week, they turned the problem over to their "IT" staff. That was last Thursday and yet still no solutions. Still getting the same error message. And worse yet, they now aren't returning calls as promised.

F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-O-N....continues.
sandeer655280fd Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2014 2:08:08 AM(UTC)
sandeer655280fd

Provocraft got back to me yesterday. They said their IT people were working on a program update that could/should/might fix the problem, but they weren't sure yet if it will do the job. Apparently this problem has popped up for many people...not just me. The "attempted fix" should be released within a month. They were very apologetic for the problems.

I hope this new software will be released soon and that it will allow me to actually use my Explore.
Shawnaerinf0a5ecf7 Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:21:20 AM(UTC)
Shawnaerinf0a5ecf7

I have the same problem that Sandeer has. I purchased this machine from HSN as the SV. I have Windows 7 (nothing was mentioned on HSN about it only working on certain computers). I had Cricut sign me in and register my Explore. When I went to try the machine I found that I could go to design and save projects but when I went to cut I would get the message "Your Cricut machine is already in use." I then went to the cricut site and searched and watched videos. No Help! I called Cricut. They are very friendly but the first person said I would have to have someone call me back the next day. That day came and went. I called them. That person told me I would have to call McAfee virus and have them allow the site. I did and they told me the site was allowed. That did not help. Went back and had a person take control of my computer. What ever he did it worked. Thought I was on the craft road and all was well. The next day message "Your Cricut machine is already in use." Called two days ago, the girl was nice but couldn't help. Set up an appointment with a tech again, I am waiting for the call. I either need this machine up and running to make items for parties or I need to know what to do with it and tell the people I cannot make what they wished.
shortie33162b36125f Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:02:48 PM(UTC)
shortie33162b36125f

I am having the same problem as everyone. I did all the above as well. I have Comcast; took my modem back which my internet is better like way faster than before. So I decide to try it again. It didnt work again. I am frustrated. I was screw by another company machine that is now collecting dust. I dont plan on being screw again. I seriously thinking it time to send it back. If this is a problem the company after tries over and over again.... they need to replace it. These machine cost me too much.
sandeer655280fd Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 7:35:20 PM(UTC)
sandeer655280fd

After receiving the Explore on March 12th and being told that a "fix" was in the works to get rid of "your machine is already in use", I am still waiting for that fix. I have sent 2 messages already trying to get someone to respond with an update and still nothing. Has anyone else heard of a solution????
bandmomof3 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, May 04, 2014 12:13:25 PM(UTC)
bandmomof3

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I just got that message (machine already in use) this morning (after cutting files just fine last night) and nothing I have done will fix it (all the usual Cricut advice). I will be following your topic to see if you get an answer...this is very frustrating!

Shari
gigrose2394bc1173 Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 5:29:08 PM(UTC)
gigrose2394bc1173

Well I bought a Cricut Explore could not get it to register called help desk, Girl told me to download Mailwarebytes run it and delete what ever popped up. I ask her twice are you sure you want me to delete what ever pops up she said yes, well my computer no longer works. I had to call the Geek squd to help. They told me never do that again. Cricust response to me was that's happens. Bull Crap, I finally got my computer back up and running still the same problem won't connect. Call Cricut 7 times still not working my computer is not even a year old. Well Cricut
going back to Silhouette Cameo much easier to work. You can have your new machine back, its SUCKS. Maybe you just need better TECH SUPPORT.

sandeer655280fd Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, June 01, 2014 8:48:57 PM(UTC)
sandeer655280fd

Just an update. Cricut never was able to solve my dilemma, so I had to return my Explore. Hope those with the same "machine already in use" message will have better luck.