Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:44:09 PM(UTC)
bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Made my first card with the X today. I found a card I liked on Pinterest (I'm not that creative yet) and copied it. I didn't realize when I went to design the card that I hadn't logged in and everything was 99 cents and was really confused. I ended up doing the file in another program and imported it as an SVG. Once I logged in the files were open..duh.

Fonts were Tahoma and I think Honey Script. X drew the fonts perfectly.

I love the ability to write and score with the dual head. It was so easy. I love that the software sorts by colors for easy loading and you just run the mats through as needed. If you only want one mat to load, close the eye on all the pieces except for the mat you need. The last mat didn't load correctly so that was the fastest way to load it up again. Otherwise it starts you back at the first mat.

My friend loved her card and says she will put it in her baby book.
bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab attached the following image(s):
IMG_3186.jpg
 1 user thanked bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab for this useful post.
Sunflowerbuggy on 4/15/2014(UTC)
Sherri Kay Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:05:09 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2408 time(s) in 2160 post(s)
You did a great job on your first card! BigGrin
ann.marie.9007249991e7 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 01, 2014 6:04:06 PM(UTC)
ann.marie.9007249991e7

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The card looks awesome !!!

Can you help me with a SVG file. How do I do one and can any object be converted to a SVG file ? As you can tell by my question I know NOTHING about SVG !!!

Thanks in advance,

Ann Marie
bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 01, 2014 8:25:53 PM(UTC)
bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
SVGs are a file format and done in software like Inkscape and others. You would then import the design into Design Space and cut it out.

What I would do is go to SVGCuts.com or another site and purchase a file. I only say SVGCuts because they have instructions with the correct cutting sizes labeled in the PDF file. A YouTube video is posted on how to make the project as well. If you want to take an image like a JPEG and turn it into a cutting file you need to trace it in via Design Space.

I made the buttons with three circles. At the time I didn't realize I wasn't signed into Design Space and everything pulled up at 99 cents when I did a search. I thought my trial was up and figured I'd just make the buttons in the other software. If you like to make things that aren't already part of the Design Space images, you need software that lets you design and then export into a SVG format.

If I had been signed in, I would have just downloaded some buttons. No point in drawing something if you don't have too. My trial is up now so I need to get a subscription to the designs.
kath2502e8932861 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2014 7:28:01 PM(UTC)
kath2502e8932861

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Not sure what I did wrong??Mellow I click on the make it now birthday card with burst cut out looking. It cut card but when I peeled it off mat the design was cut from card like center burst part with happy birthday was not attached? I used it as it was. What happened I thought they were all ready to make?
Thanx kathy