Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

36 Pages«<343536
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1051 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:59:30 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1486 time(s) in 1183 post(s)
I am finally able to get here! I could get to the boards for the past few days, but when I clicked on Cricut Chat, I would get an error message.

Sharon, boy, poor Elise. I hope she can start sleeping better soon.

Twice when we have been with Jill, she starts screaming at the top of her lungs. She does not know that she is doing it. Does not wake her up. We have to wake her. Weird.

Nancy, hope your family gets over their colds quickly. Megan is finally feeling better.

DH almost has our front porch done! Only a rail left on the step. Right now he is sanding the back deck to re-stain it.

Got my Print and Cut going ! YAY!! I have a whole bunch of extracted images in Photoshop, like flowers and animals and random items. I can open them (the are saved as PSD's, the Photoshop extension)and the save them as png's and import them and print them and cut them! Easy embellishments that I don't have to cut myself.
SandraB. Offline
#1052 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:19:02 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 280 time(s) in 239 post(s)
Yeah! I finally made it back on. The last two nights I couldn't get on as the board was closed. Finally got my van back today...so tired of driving little carsGlare! Thankfully, everything was covered under warranty except the car we had to rent for 5 days as we didn't buy the extended warranty. It has been really quite warm here since the w/end., though it is supposed to cool down to more seasonal temp. Went over to my nephew's house today to teach his wife how to crochet. She did pretty well, lesson #2 will be next week. So glad the print & cut is now up and running, couldn't wait to try it last night so was cutting at 11:00 last night.

Sharon: thanks for your rhinestone help, my kit is on it's way so we'll see what happens. Hope poor Elise gets looked after

Shelly: bet you are glad the move is behind you now

Joy: are you getting ready for your cruise? Having fun with the print & cut?

Nancy: hope your family gets feeling better. Did you find Abigail her Halloween costume? Have fun with your crop.

Here are a couple of projects I finished recently, the card is like the one you made Nancy. TFS it was so easy to make, I'm sure I will be making more of them. The pumpkin is from SVG Cuts.
SandraB. attached the following image(s):
30 card.jpg
Jack.jpg
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1053 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:24:34 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1283 time(s) in 998 post(s)
Good morning girls,

Rain rain go away come back another day.. Holy cow it has been raining all night and really coming donw.

Thankfully Abigail is almost done with whatever she had Bob is full blown cold and Patty said she is feeling a lot better. They all rested yesterday.

Sandra... good job on the birthday card love love the pumpkin. so cute loving the colors. Glad your van is fixed.

Joy.. sounds like you got the Print and Cut feature all worked outBigGrin enjoy

Sharon.. hope Elise had a better night..

Working on my double scallop swing thanksgiving cards then want to prepare and get an idea of what papers/cardstock I am using for my album on Sat. Liked to be a little prepared. I told the girls I would
take out my Expression and carts for them to use and I will take out my new embosser

Well have a good day all

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1054 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 9:29:43 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Morning.

DH is painting on deck stain this morning. The dogs are locked in the house. My porch is all done except for a rail on our front step. The parts for that are in the garage.

Going to "help" DH and his brother pour cement today. Oh what fun. NOT. I am sure I will do a lot of nothing.

Nancy, I heard on the news that Long Island is likely to get slammed by bad weather today. Stay safe and dry!

Sandra, your projects are cute!

Sharon, how did Elise sleep last night?

Shelly, I hope you are enjoying your quiet few days.

I almost have my old window painted (one side was purple and I really didn't want that to show through. Then I will hang it in the living room and hang a beautiful cross that Megan and Brandon gave me for Christmas last year on it. Kind of a medieval looking cross.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1055 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:14:25 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Please keep Patty in your prayers tonight she went on a job interview and they said it looks very good and they will call her in the morning. The boss went around introduced her to everyone she would be getting 7000.00 more than her old job health Insurance. The only draw back is it is closer to her house than me but she said she doesn't mind dropping Abigail off.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1056 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:58:16 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Girls,

Please keep Patty in your prayers tonight she went on a job interview and they said it looks very good and they will call her in the morning. The boss went around introduced her to everyone she would be getting 7000.00 more than her old job health Insurance. The only draw back is it is closer to her house than me but she said she doesn't mind dropping Abigail off.

Will do, Nancy!

1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 9/26/2014(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#1057 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 6:52:40 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

well got an unexpected crafting night tonight. We were supposed to have a hockey game but because of a power outage that affected our whole city the games all got pushed back, so our guys won't play until 9:15 which would make a late night. DH is in bed by 9:00LOL! Our power was out for over an hour...stores, banks, everything was closed.

Nancy: sure will be thinking of dd, hope this job works out for her. Glad they are all feeling better.

Joy: after reading your post yesterday about using other image types and watching a video on using digital scrapbooking elements, I gave it a try. I was really impressed at how easy it is and how great they turn out. DH wasn't quite as impressedLOL! I think I had better stock up on ink!

Sharon: hope Elise is doing ok

Thanks for your kind comments on my projects. Here are a couple more of the cauldron I made for my great-neice. The green on the legs was the duct tape we got with our machines. There are a few wrinkles but it was the best I could do with the shape of the cauldron. I'm sure she won't even noticeLOL

SandraB. attached the following image(s):
cauldron, front.jpg
cauldron, back.jpg
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
NJsharon Offline
#1058 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 3:12:46 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 247 post(s)
Morning friends! Well I slept with Elise the night before last as she would not sleep in her room, just flat out refused. She whimpered once, but apart from that slept through. I slept awful though. Not bad dreams, just waking every 30-45 mins through the night!

So last night she slept in our room, on an inflatable mattress. I had work today, so needed to sleep in my bed & Paul didn't want to sleep with her, so this was our solution!

She sees a sleep Dr on Wednesday Oct 1st, so hoping we get some help then.

I am signing up for a Fall Festival at a winery in my town, so need to get on that & think of some wine items I could make using my vinyl now! Thinking mainly canvas signs, some vinyl decals for cars & maybe some fall themed shirts.

Have a good day all!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1059 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 7:10:00 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

it must be the weather couldn't sleep at all last night although I was tired. So I went into my craft room finished my Thanksgiving cards with the scraps I made a little card for Steve's aunt. Then played with some CTMH background stamps I am loving it. Still need to work on lining it up but it was fun trying different things.

Today I am having a craft play date with my crafty friend Linda she wants to see my new We R Memiry Crafters Evolution.

DH is out for the day so i can work on his Birthday card which was using a sponging technique background and stamping and cutting out a Lighthouse.

Sharon.. I hope elise is doing better nothing worse then not getting a good nights sleep especially when she has school and you have to work

Sandra.. sorry about the black out but you got to craft thats always a good thing LOL Love your Halloween projects thanks for sharingBigGrin

Joy.. thanks for the prayers I am keeping my fingers crossed her title would be Administrator Cordinator
and the Health Insurance was very affordable thank goodness.

Have a great day all Happy crafting

Edited by user Friday, September 26, 2014 10:48:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1060 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 8:34:33 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, hope things went well for Patti today!

Sandra, I know that Crafts by Two use a program called Gimp. Our pastors wife has used it but had issues. Photoshop Elements is very affordable. The "old" version you can pick up for around $40 most of the time. I think the "new" version is maybe around $100. They release a new version about once a year but the changes aren't worth getting a new version all the time. That is what I use to do all of my photo editing. There is a learning curve, but once you get the basics, you can do SO much.

I am really hoping to get all of my Christmas card parts cut out before we leave and assemble them on the ship. Someone on the cruise is planning on a card making/door decoration time, so I have been making a few cuts to share. I have done a few tropical things, now on to Halloween, then Vetran's Day, then Thanksgiving. If I can get it all done.

Sharon, hope a doc can figure out Elise's issue. Poor girl.
NJsharon Offline
#1061 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 10:32:00 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

To add to our problems, Oma (my MIL) is dying I think. She is 91 & sounds sooo bad on the phone. She really does sound like she is dying. She told Paul she was dying this week, but I didn't think anything of it, as she has always been saying that. But after hearing her on the phone, I kind of believe it. :(

I told Paul he should go pick her up & insist she come live with us. She is so fragile now. :(
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1062 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 10:51:51 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sharon.. sorry to hear about mil....

I finished making my thanksgiving cards and I finished making DH Birthday card (dec. 22) whanted to get it done since he wasn't home all day today) Hopefully I can post the pic's below

then last night since I couldn't sleep I played with these background stamps not too bad for 2 am stamping
Stamps are all CTMH and the cardstock is "Pathfinding" CTMH

Lighthouse is all with pop dots that you really can't tell

Edited by user Friday, September 26, 2014 10:57:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
P1010335.JPG
P1010337.JPG
P1010338.JPG
P1010340.JPG
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1063 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 1:42:12 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Yeh BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Patty got the job and they said she will start in 1 week from Monday because they are setting up her office.

She is excited and I know a little sad leaving Abigail again. But at least she had a couple of months being home.

Thanks for the prayers girls
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1064 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 3:31:01 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

YAY for Patti!!!!!

Sharon, sorry to hear about your MIL not doing well. Yet, at 91, she has lived a good long life. Same for my parents. I know that it will be difficult, and that there will be mourning, but at their ages, we know their days are few. Even if it is several more years.

Ended up going to Costco. AND GUESS WHAT???? Hobby Lobby is open right across the street!!! Well, kind of across the street. But it is WAY closer then the other one.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
SandraB. Offline
#1065 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 6:36:58 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

yeah it's Friday! Though not too much planned for the w/end, another hockey game tomorrow night, a visit with mom and housecleaning. Hopefully some craftingBigGrin

Sharon: sorry to hear about your mil. Glad Elise is getting some sleep and hope the sleep dr. can figure something out

Joy: thanks for the info. We don't have Hobby Lobby up here, sure would like to visit one

Nancy: yeah for Patti, sounds like a great job for her. Will you get Abigail back all the time now? Your cards look great. Have fun at your crop tomorrow, hope you had a fun play date with your friend today.

It was cool and rainy here last night and today, supposed to warm up again for the w/end. The rain has stopped now

Happy crafting everyoneBigGrin BigGrin
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 9/27/2014(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1066 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2014 4:43:46 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Yesterday my GF came over and we had a nice chat. She brought her grand childrens album pages she made she does beautiful work and I shared the cards I made except the Thanksgiving because one is for her.

We did a lot of chatting.

Went to bed early last night was so tired and all I did was toss and turn. So frustrating.

Sandra... yes I will have Abigail again but even earlier because Patty has to come way West of the job and then go back East. I asked her if she wanted me to go to her house and she said no. I was happyBigGrin
there is no air con at her house and the 3 dogs are always under foot. She said she doesn't mind because once she heads out to her job the traffic is going the other way. Abigail has the run at my house plus a backyard she runs arounds and plays.

Well got up early and I am setting up bringing in the Expressions and all my Juke Boxes.

My GF is bringing the bagels and one other gasl the donuts which I can't eat anyway but she said she will bring me a GF bagel.

No it seems I am getting sensitive to eggs ( I love eggs) been trying to stick to just egg whites which I love with veggies. You think I would have lost lots of weight since I don't eat any more cake, cookies. But nope just stomach is flat as can be. Still would like to lose about 10 pds. I would be happy.

Well hoping everyone has a great day and Happy Crafting

NJsharon Offline
#1067 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2014 4:52:00 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Yes my MIL is coming to the end we all feel. But like you said, she is 91, so has led a very long life & as Paul said, it is about time. She is not really ready though, which is a shame. She doesn't want to die. :( I feel like a lot of old people are just ready to go at that age, but not her. I know both my grandparents were fine with the thought of dying. Horrible to talk about, but they were, they saw all their grandkids, even their great grandkids (my girls) & were at peace with passing soon. But Oma, she is a tough cookie & does not want to go, makes it harder.

Paul is taking the girls to Hershey park today.

I am staying home to hopefully get some vinyl work done & HAVE to go out to look for candlestick holders! I need them for a project & cannot find them anywhere! I need just cheap, plain wood ones or metal ones. But under $5 each & only seeing fancy ones in stores! Will check Walmart & B,B&B today.

Congrats to Patty on getting the job!

Paul went for an interview on Thursday. Was a tough interview, but hoping he hears something positive soon. Been about 15 months out of work now & getting bad. :(
 1 user thanked NJsharon for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 9/28/2014(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1068 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:39:57 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon, I hope your MIL is able to let go soon, if it is truly her time. One would think at 91, it would be time! We are pretty realistic about death at our house. It will happen to all of us at some point, unless the Lord returns first!

A rainy day here. I had to get out real jeans(not capris), warm fuzzy socks, and my boots. Also got out my raincoat to take the dogs for a walk.

Megan ran over 10 miles today. She is exhausted. She and a friend plan on running a half marathon in a couple of weeks.
The Owlhouse Designs™ Offline
#1069 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2014 3:15:55 PM(UTC)
The Owlhouse Designs™

Hello everybody

Please to meet you
New to the community and chatters. :)

But interested and waves from a dry, warm and sunny Las Vegas
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1070 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 7:28:09 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Had a nice day yesterday I did about 5 pages of Hannah's Prom and Graduation Didn't have many photos because i had to take them off FB But they came out pretty.

Everyone had a good time and very excited about the new CTMH Cricut Bundle.

I don't kbow what is going on but another night of not falling asleep. I was so tired from being up early in the am to get ready yesterday I should have fell asleep asap I was so tired. I think it is time to take ZZZquil I think that is what it is called. I hate taking anything but maybe it will help to fall asleep.

DH wants to go out today so I think that is the plan me I would love to stay home and relax I know that isn't going to happen we scrapped from 10am to 5 pm. Breakfast was 9:15am.

Well I hope the rain has stopped Joy and you can enjoy your day.. Wow 10 miles Holy Cow!!

Sharon...hope you get done all your projects especially not having the kids around. Good Luck to paul on his job interview

Welcome "Owl House Designs" sunny and lucky Las Vegas what is the temps there now.. nice to meet you

Happy CraftingBigGrin
SandraB. Offline
#1071 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 7:47:43 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

a rather quiet w/end here and a bit on the cool side. Did get to a hockey game last night and then went out for a bite to eat with some friends after the game. Went for brunch this a.m. with another friend, then into mom's for a bit. Dug out my calla lilies as it's gotten quite cool especially at night. Found some tumblers at the Dollar Store so I'm going to make halloween tumblers for Troy & his room mates and put a Tim card in each of them because they can't have chocolate at his house due to allergies. Today we went to Michael's & I got some artificial pumpkins to put vinyl on also. Waiting patiently for my order to arrive with some outdoor vinyl. Also found some battery operated lights to go in my glass block that I'm putting a scarecrow on.

Nancy: glad you had fun at your crop

Sharon: I'm sure your mil will know when it's her time to go. Has she decided to come live with you? Hope things go well for Paul

Joy: a 10 km run, that's pretty awesome. We have teachers at school that do those quite often

Owlhouse: welcome from Alberta, Canada. Jump in anytime

Happy crafting everyone, off to get my ironing done for the weekBored
Shelly Offline
#1072 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 8:30:44 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 308 time(s) in 270 post(s)
Hi girls!
I read through all the posts I think. Sorry if I miss something.

Nancy, congrats to Patti on the new job. Hope your cold is better.

Sharon, hope you can get some answers to help your DD sleep. So is your MIL going to move in with you?

Sandra, you have made some cute projects. Glad you were able to get your van fixed.

Joy, sounds like your porch will be nice when you are done. How long till you leave on your cruise.

Well we have moved into DD basement bedroom. It is really weird! Hope it gets better. Poor DH can't find the box his computer is in. Not happy about that. I can get my computer connected to their WiFi, but it won't connect to any pages. So need to get that straightened out. I am trying to read this on my tablet and I can't get it to let me see the whole page. The last few words are cut off so it makes it interesting.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 9/29/2014(UTC)
NJsharon Offline
#1073 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 6:28:15 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Things are even worse for my MIL. Paul just left to go see her & will either stay there or get palliative care in to be there with her. The end is in sight we think. She is pretty unresponsive now, not even able to get to the bathroom by herself & just staring blankly at the corner of the room.

Please pray or keep us in your thoughts.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1074 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 10:29:25 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

You and your family are in my prayers, Sharon. You are not in this alone!

Shelly, hope DH finds his computer soon!

Nancy, I don't really like taking things to sleep, either, but every now and then I break down. DH takes melatonin every night. Valerian Root a good natural option. I don't mind so much taking it since it is a natural sleep remedy.

Sandra, hope your outdoor vinyl gets there soon!

I made four pumpkin patch box cards from SVG cuts. They turned out cute. Had to finish them with DH's computer as he took mine to the drag races!

Another rainy day.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1075 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 3:08:41 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Really had a nice day yesterday we went to a new restaurant that opened up called
"Joe's Crab Shack" we heard so much about this place I know they are in Florida and down South we have one in the Bronx and next County over. So we go we had good seafood then the music is playing and all of a sudden the waiters and waitresses start dancing in the isles. So it was good food good music and a lot of laughs.

Today Patty and Abby came we took her to a Butterfly House where they come right on your head, shoulders.
Abby loved it they were on her back and shoulders she loved it.

Then out to lunch again we celebrated Patty getting a job she was in the mood for spareribs so we went to Ruby Tuesday's. That was my lunch and dinner. Thank goodness DH had his leftovers so I didn't have to cook.

Sharon... is your mil in assistant living housing or on her own?? will keep you and family in my prayers

Joy.. your projects sound cute

Shelly.. hope things go well in your DD basement and DH finds his computer

Sandra... hope your order comes soon

Tuesday I have to go to Patty's house by 8am she has her last appt. with unemployment.

Hopefully I can get home soon after I really want to catch up on my scrapbooking.

Have a good night all

Oh I took that ZZZ Quil I slept from 10pm to 8:30 am felt good

Edited by user Monday, September 29, 2014 3:10:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shelly Offline
#1076 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 9:43:28 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 308 time(s) in 270 post(s)
Nancy, glad the zzzz quill worked. Have wondered about taking that. Most sleep aids make me feel weird the next day. We have a Joe's Crab shack. Don't go there very often, but it is fun when we do.

Joy, I think you need to get your DH a laptop of his own for Christmas so he will quit taking yours. Would love to see a picture of your cards.

Well my DH does not think he will find his computer until we move. He forgot to mark the box that it was going to our Dds so it is buried in there. Now if we can just get my computer to work with the WiFi here. It connects, but gives errors about loading any sites. So until my SIL has sometime to call his internet provider I will be using my tablet. It is a pain to type on. SIL is trying hard to finish the bathroom in the basement for us so we don't have to go clear to the second floor.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1077 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 8:32:51 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hope you get your internet figured out soon, Shelly. Maybe a wifi extender? How good is the reception for your wifi in the basement. And I hope your bathroom gets done! It would be a pain to have to go upstairs all the time. Especially in the middle of the night when you are old like me!!! LOL
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1078 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:13:04 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Too funny Joy!! my DD always tells me to stay in bed in the morning she says why do you get up so early??

I said when you start going to the bathroom 3 or 4 times from 5 am on why stay in bed i just get up
then she says why do you drink anything before you go to bed?? I said I don't it is called "getting old"Blushing

Well another sleepless night didn't want to take anything because I had to be at Patty's early this morning. I watched Abby sleep then I see she was starting to get up at 8:45 so I go up to her room and she looks at me and says wheres daddy? I said working where is mommy I said had to go out for awhile she says
are you going to take care of me gandma? I said yes Abby she threw her arms around my neck hugged me and kissed me OMG! did I melt. BigGrin she is so cute. Now she is showing me where her clothes are, shoes.

I was home by 10am and stripped the bedding, did 3 loads of wash dried and put away, had to make Max's mushy veggies peel, chop blend. Well I am exhausted now and I have a doctor's appt. shortly for my knee.

Whenever i don't sleep at night I seem to have more energy doesn't make sense

Shelly.. sure hope the bathroom gets doneBigGrin too bad about DH computer

Joy.. did you ever finish the gown you were working on??

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1079 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 1:27:14 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, I did get the dress done. I guess I should put it on one of these days and take a selfie!

I have been busy making door decorations. Taking too much time to make them, but I am having fun. If I would just cut and glue them together, it wouldn't take all that long, but when emboss and ink, as you all know, it takes way longer.

Waiting for DH to get home from jury duty so we can head for Costco. I kind of thought he might be home by now. I guess the decision is taking a while.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1080 Posted : Wednesday, October 01, 2014 7:15:48 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Me again!

DH is still asleep. I sent Lincoln home to wake up his daddy. Camry is relaxing on the couch.

DH had a great time on jury duty. He ended up being jury chair or foreman or whatever you call it. I am happy for him that he got to serve since he enjoys it so much. I know I mentioned it already, but he has a VERY analytical mind. I, on the other hand, do not. BigGrin

Another cool day. It is supposed to warm up over the weekend.

I did pretty much get my door decorations done, I think. Want to make "Give Thanks" for the middle of my wreath, but that won't take long.

Have a good day, my friends.