Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

32 Pages«<303132
lv2scrap02 Offline
#931 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:25:43 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1282 time(s) in 997 post(s)
Oh Sharon I remember those days getting the kids to learn how to ride their bikes lots of skinned knees

I have never called myself a baker a cook yes but not crazy about baking me and dough never got a long.

Well since I have been GF I just finished making biscuits I am so excited. Wasn't too bad little sticky mess but not so bad.

So with the loaves of bread down pat the cookies and the muffins now the biscuits I can call myself a baker.

Hope they taste as good as they look LOL

SandraB. Online
#932 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:47:21 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 235 post(s)
had a nice surprise when I got home today...my August mystery box along with a few other things I ordered was hereBigGrin! I got 3 carts, a set of mats, a waterbrush and spatulas in the box. I had also ordered the new Anna Griffins cart. I didn't have any of the carts they sent!

Sharon: hope you find out what your assignment is soon. How did the girls do with their bikes? My great-niece has a Stryder (a bike without wheels) to help with the balance thing.

Nancy: boy, you are turning into a baker!

Started out cool today, but warmed up nicely. Does cool off though as soon as the sun disappears.
Off to work on my vinyl project, had to go buy more iron-on today...hopefully I can get it done now with no more screw-ups.LOL

Take care and happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin! Hope everyone else is doing well.

NJsharon Offline
#933 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 5:24:28 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 245 post(s)
Girls are doing well with the bike riding, progressing. Still just gliding a little bit, so working up to peddling next.

I finished up a huuuuge vinyl order yesterday. That is basically all I did all day, just took a break here & there. It was a big order, so glad that is out the way now. All looks great!

Today we are just relaxing.

We may buy season passes to Six Flags in NJ. They have a really great sale. You get 4 passes for the rest of this year, all of next year, free parking, free hurricane harbor (the water park) too for $64 a person. Normally it costs about $50 for regular admission for Six Flags!

We got the free passes & took the girls to Six Flags last weekend & they loved it. So thinking they would love this for this year & next year. Something to look forward to.

Oh & it has the free safari included now too. :)

Nancy, I hardly ever cook or bake, but when I do, I really enjoy it & normally comes out well. I should do it more often. lol

Sandra, glad you got some happy mail!!!

Still didn't hear about my job assignment, will try calling the school again this morning. My supervisor was in meetings all day yesterday.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#934 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 8:37:58 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1464 time(s) in 1167 post(s)
No reading, just a quick check-in. DH is ready to head to the track. Jill is going with him today.

Had a GREAT day shopping at IKEA!!!! Then went to DSW and found a pair of Jessica Simpson black shiny high heels for only $18. Great buy!!!

I will catch up on reading next week, maybe Monday when I have my computer.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#935 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 11:25:25 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sandra... enjoy your surprise box. I read somewhere that it was only 2 carts in the box and you got 3.

Sharon.. before you know it the girls will be riding their bikes

Joy.. How is DH feeling??

Well Abigail and Patty just went home Patty had a interview with a Recruiter she said it went well we will see.

Went out for lunch and home.

Now I am expecting Alex in about an hour

My craft room is so clean and neat I don't want to mess it up LOL

Edited by user Friday, August 29, 2014 11:26:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#936 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 4:05:56 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

DH wasn't having a good day today he parked his CRV in front of the house because the lawn guys were coming.

Well they had a new young guy weed whacking near our rock garden and one of the small rocks flew in the air and hit the window and cracked it. Not a happy camper

Alex came for dinner, I miss my Hannah. I asked him if he missed his sister and he said no it is nice and quiet in the house and now has full access to the computer.

Hoping everyone has a good safe weekend

Edited by user Friday, August 29, 2014 4:07:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandraB. Online
#937 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 7:29:52 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

first week of school done...all meetings and courses. The real stuff begins Tues., when the little darlings arrive. Troy & I just got in from a nice bike ride, wanting to enjoy the nice weather as much as we can before it turns uglyBored! Hopefully, we get a nice Indian Summer.

Nancy: I guess I was lucky with what I got in my box after reading what some were getting. Fingers-crossed for Patti

Joy: glad you had fun Ikea shopping

Sharon: hope you get the passes, Ièm sure the girls will love them. Glad you got your order all done.

Well, off to take mom shopping tomorrow afternoon, then a hockey game tomorrow evening...yeap the season is starting already!

Take care everyone, enjoy your weekend. We have a long weekend here, Labour Day

Happy crafting everyoneBigGrin BigGrin

Shelly Offline
#938 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 10:08:32 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hi,

Nancy - Hope DD gets a job soon. That's awful about DH's windshield. Will they pay for it?

Sandra - Sounds like you have a busy weekend! Enjoy the long weekend before going back to school with the kids!

Sharon - That sounds like a good deal for six flags. Hope you are able to get the passes.

Joy - Glad you are enjoying your trip! Ikea is a fun place to go.

We got another offer on our house today. These people have sold their house, and they will close on it on the 19th of Sept. They want us to close by the 24th, which is fine. I guess we have to give the other people 48 hours to be able to come up with a way to be able to purchase it now, and if they can't then this will go through. I'm excited. We talked to our builder today, and we can probably get started soon. Unfortunately we found out it will be January or February before it gets built. Since it is a new subdivision, it will take about 6 weeks to 2 months to get all the approvals before they can start digging. But at least it is pretty sure it will go through now. I'm pretty excited now. I was starting to get a little down and worried we wouldn't sell and get to do this. It's going to be forever before I get my craft room back.

Have a great weekend everyone.
NJsharon Offline
#939 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 4:08:53 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Ooh Shelly, that is good news on the house selling! Hope it all works out!

Sandra, glad your first week went smooth. Good luck next week with the kiddies! Are you in the same grade again this year?

Nancy, will you contact the lawn company to pay for fixing the windshield? I would be really upset too!

Well, we did get the Six Flags passes, so excited!!! We may go tomorrow to use them! LOL

Heard from my supervisor at work, I am to report on Tuesday morning (with all the other staff), but she still doesn't have my assignment for me! So guess I find out Tuesday whether I will be AM or PM & what grade I will be in. Crazy huh? Kids start back Wednesday, so really late notice!

I am friends with the Kindergarten teacher & she told me they need 2 aides, so hoping I either get K class or with the little boy I worked with last year, in 3rd grade this year. Fingers crossed, but won't find out until Tuesday!

Today I need to take Emily to go get a quick haircut this morning. Then will offer the girls if they want to go get a pedicure. They have never had one before! I know Elise will say yes, not sure about Emily. But that might be fun!

Oh & can't forget, my cousin Sophie is getting married to her partner Emily today, in England. Wish I could be there for it, but it was mega bucks for the plane tickets, so can't be there. :( But will be thinking of them both.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#940 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 6:49:22 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

DH called the lawn guy and he said this season alone over 200 windows either on cars or houses have been broken!! he said last week a house window was broken and it cost him over 300.00 to repair. No he didn't offer to pay and DH said we don't need him anymore. So he lost a customer.

The Insurance company said they can have the window fixed by Wed. so that is good. Now he doesn't want to drive anywhere because all you need is one nosey person to touch it and it will fall apart.

Alex offered to do it but DH said he will do it.

Chatted with Hannah she said she had a good week no plans for the weekend but lots of homework.

DH also finished making his video and had the music put on and it really came out nice. What a difference from the last video.

My GF phoned me to tell me her son just got engaged. He called his parents to meet him on the "Brooklyn Bridge" Thursday night and he proposed to his GF there and then they went to dinner with both sets of parents. He is planning his wedding for Nov. 2015 oh and his sister is getting married Aug. 2015!! the parents are not too happy !

Sandra.. glad your first week was easy week enjoy the weekend. Yes you were lucky on getting 3 carts some gals are upset that their mystery box wan't as good .

Sharon... glad you got the season tickets. How far are you from Six Flags??

Shelly.. great news hoping everything grows thru Will you stay with your DD until your home is built??

I guess Melody came to say hello and we won't see her for another 3 or 4 yrs. LOL

Well hoping everyone has a good weekend
SandraB. Online
#941 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 9:02:58 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

home from our first hockey game of the season. Lots of rookies playing tonite but they didn't do too bad at all. Spent the afternoon with mom. Tomorrow evening we're off to dd's & sil's so Don & Troy can meet their new dog.

Shelly: congrats on the new offer, hope everything goes through for you

Sharon: yes, I'm in the same grade as last year, grade 7. Hope you get one of the spots you hope for. Glad you got the Six Flag passes. Did both the girls get pedicures?

Nancy: I think the lawn company needs to hire or train their employees better if they're breaking that many windows. Glad the insurance company will fix it.

Finished the canvases I was telling you about I was going to make to cover our electrical box. DH got them hung this a.m. What do you think?
SandraB. attached the following image(s):
canvas doors.jpg
NJsharon Offline
#942 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 4:19:07 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Nancy, we are about an hour from Six Flags, so not too bad really. Plan on heading there today to pick up our physical passes. We have the printouts to get in, just need the actual passes. Meant to rain or storm a bit today though, so will be a short trip!

Sandra, that is great, knowing you have the same grade each year, you are a lucky one! I get moved around all over the place. LOL But even if I had 6-8th grade (the age I really didn't want), I will be okay, just will take some adjusting. LOL
I like the canvas, nice idea!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#943 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 2:34:11 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

DH is doing well. The actual racing started today. The rest has been time trials. DH's brohe went out in the first round so they headed home. We are taking Jill to the airport shortly.

Sandra, your "doors" are wonderful!!!

Nancy, that is awful about the windshield!

My parents are both sound asleep sitting upright on the couch. Flapper

Sharon, a season pass sounds fun! Jill has a season pass to Disneyland. I LOVE rides.
Momto3boys Offline
#944 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 2:52:23 PM(UTC)
Momto3boys

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Wow so much has changed personally,professionally and of course crafting. Let me tell the new people that I have not "met" a little about myself.
As my name suggests I am the mom to 3 boys, the oldest is 22, the middle is almost 18 and the youngest is 14.
I am an early childhood teacher.
I live in Florida, boy is it hot here!
I have had a cricut for over 7 years. I have a cuttlebug also. The imagine was just coming out, last time I was active. I also have the cake, but have never used it.

Edited by user Sunday, August 31, 2014 2:53:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#945 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 4:10:54 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

We had a beautiful day here today and about 5:30pm the skies got dark and the rain came down flooded streets and back yard but not too bad.

I have been playing with all my new stamp sets and the new CTMH Markers fun fun.

Hoping to show you tomorrow waiting for the glaze to dry

Funny I am a cricut gal and all I want to do is use the machine and now I am trying to get back into stamping since i have been ordering all these stamp sets. DH keeps asking me to show him what I am making!

Sharon that is great you are only 1 hour away.

Melody.. your boys have grown I remember when they were younger

Joy.. to funny your parents are sitting up sleeping not easy to do

Sandra.. great job on the doors I thought they were real hinges

Well have a good night all
Shelly Offline
#946 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 9:29:46 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Sharon - How fun to have the passes! Your girls are going to love it. Hope you get the class assignment you want.

Sandra - Love your canvasses. Look very nice.

Nancy - I guess you are getting the rain we were having earlier. We got over twice the average for August this year. Have fun playing with your new stamps.

Joy - Funny about your parents. Hope you are enjoying the time with your daughters. Glad Merle is doing well. Are you getting along with your parents ok?

Momto3boys - I live in Utah. Have 5 kids, 4 girls ages 31, 29, 26, 23 and a 21 y.o. son. They have all left home now. Three girls are married, and I have 4 grandchildren. I have a personal cricut, an expression, an imagine, a gypsy, cuttlebug, and I just got an explore at a great price thanks to a dear friend. I am in the process of selling my home so all my craft stuff is boxed up and I haven't even opened my explore yet. I'm going to put it under the Christmas tree. But I probably won't open it until my new house is done, which if the sale goes through on this house, will be in January or February. Look forward to getting to know you.

Hoping to get some good news tomorrow about the sale of our house. I was asked to make some note cards, but had to decline as all my stuff is put away. Miss making some cards.
NJsharon Offline
#947 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 4:41:15 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Momto3boys, not sure I do remember you, so maybe I wasn't around when you were here?

I'm Sharon & live in central NJ with my husband & fraternal twin girls who are now 9yrs old. Oh & our 6 month old bichon/poodle pup named Frodo!

I love crafting of any kind, but seriously into scrapbooking, vinyl & a bit of cardmaking.
I have the cricut expression, but sad to say it doesn't get used as much since I bought my 'other' machine (another company, we refer to the machine as Voldemort, he who should not be named on here). I sell CTMH & also have started a small side business selling my vinyl creations that is doing really well so far!

I also work as a teacher's aide at a local public school. I am part time & normally with the elementary kids, but don't have my teaching assignment yet. I find out tomorrow! So may be AM or PM & could have any grade from Pre-K to 8th grade. Hoping for AM & 4th grade or younger, but will deal with whatever is given to me!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#948 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 7:33:12 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls, beautiful sun shin day today and already hot!

DH is having his window fixed tomorrow morning I was worried about all the rain we had but he didn't want to put it in the garage and leave my car out in the rain silly man

Shelly... I didn't realize you have 5 children I always hear you chat about your 2 girls!!
Time is just flying by before you know it you will be in your new home.

Sharon.. Now that you have season passes I bet you will be at Six Flags every weekendBigGrin

Melody ... Since you were off the MB my DD married and I am a proud grandma of a baby girl Abigail Grace she is a little over 2 yrs. old but acts grown up. Being around adults she has learned so much.

I know very few Italian words and she repeats them now and her parents couldn't figure out what she was saying until I told them, not bad words. LOL

I am having so much fun with her taking care of her 4 days a week cramps my craft life but that's ok.

Don't know if you remember but I was taking care of 2 children Hannah and Alex since Hannah was 7 weeks old well she just left for College last weekend and Alex is now 16. Talk about time flying by LOL

Have a good day everyone Oh Dh completed the video music and all came out really nice

Edited by user Monday, September 01, 2014 7:34:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joyfullycrafting Offline
#949 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 1:05:55 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi.

Melody, two of my three girls have gotten married since we last chatted! The CA DD will be moving to Texas in a few years. Kate, the youngest, has been married about a year and half. Meg, the middle, has been married a year and a couple of months. They got married last year four months apart.

Went on a really nice walk with Kate and Jordan this morning. There is a path a few blocks from their house that takes you through a wooded area. Beautiful trees, mossy logs, ferns and ivy all over. Just lovely.

We will pack up tonight and leave about 4:30 in the morning. Merle has a doctor's appoint in a city about three hours from where live regarding his bad shoulder and workman's comp. It is four or five hours from here, on our way home. Tomorrow will be a LONG day.

Kate and I are comparing SVG files! Fun, fun. She made a card with her Explore this morning for Megan's birthday. Meg's birthday is Friday.
SandraB. Online
#950 Posted : Monday, September 01, 2014 7:37:34 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

hi everyone; our long w/end is winding up here. The weather was sort of off and on all day today...finally rained around suppertime for awhile,then the sun came out so was able to go for a walk. Did yard work and got a bike ride in this afternoon. Tomorrow at school during our assembly in the a.m., some of us staff are doing the "ice bucket" challenge...not sure if you've heard of it or not. It's for ALS. So I guess I need to pack a change of clothes, will have to wait until morning though to see what the weather is like.

Nancy: glad you are having fun with your new stamps, look forward to your finished project

Joy: hope Merle's appt goes well. Glad you are having a nice visit with the kids

Melody: I don't think we've met. I've got 3 grown children; 2 girls both married for 6 years (they got married the same year, 2 months apart). We also have a son who lives with down's syndrome and lives in a group home. He attends a vocational program as well as working part-time at Wal-mart. I'm also an educational assistant this year working in a grade 7 classroom. I worked a number of years with all sorts of special needs kids. I own an original Cricut, 2 Expressions (one for back-upLOL), and an Explore as well as a few other embossing/cutting machines. I live in Alberta, Canada.

Sharon: hope you get the placement you would like. Glad the theme park isn't too far from you.

Shelly: hope everything goes through with your house sale.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments on my "doors". Next project; a halloween t-shirt for Troy, then a couple of Canada shirts for dh & myself. Will do Troy's first as my trial runLOL
Better run and get ready for the big day tomorrow of meeting our class of darlingsBigGrin BigGrin
Take care everyone and happy craftingBigGrin
NJsharon Offline
#951 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 3:57:01 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Good luck today Sandra! I am off to school today too, but today is just teachers/staff for meeting/training. Tomorrow the kids come in. I am nervous & excited today. Not sure why I am nervous, but I am. lol

We have had really steamy hot weather the past few days. Today is another hot day. High of 91 & nasty humidity. Really muggy out & yucky!!

Oh & have fun making shirts Sandra. I love doing the Halloween shirts, they are fun. Made some for the family next door. I said I would make her some free shirts as long as she send me a photo or two of them wearing their shirts! I did some fun jack-o-lantern faces on orange (just black faces) & then black Frankenstein face on a green shirt. They came out cute! She has 4 kids, oldest is 6yrs old I think, youngest just turned 1yr old, so should make for some cute pics!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#952 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 7:38:08 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Good Luck to everyone that is back to work lots of teachers on the MB back to school

So quiet in the house, DH had dentist then straight to have his window replaced.
Max is getting a hair cut and just waiting for my 2 girls to come

This afternoon my craft friend Linda is coming with her DH and grandchildren to see the trains

We have a family down the street from us that has a 10 yr. old autistic boy

The husband works and the mom works part time this kid is left alone every day he just rides his scooter or bike up and down the street for 5 to 6 hours straight all day every day.

How do people do this!!

My DH did approach them and they shrugged him off Oh it's ok he is fine it is a quiet block
there is also a little 7 yr old girl tiny for her age looks more like 5 well she pulls a wagon on her bike and rides in the middle of the street and when a car turns the corner some going fast not expecting a child with a bike and pulling a wagon very dangerous and we also approached the parents and the same thing it is a quiet street. No because now we have grown High School kids learning to drive . Where are these parents from they just don't get it.

Last night these kids sat in front of our rock garden and took the stones and started throwing them all around on the drive way and the side walk. We happen to come home from having dinner out and we see this mess all over. Dh thought it was cats but I said no way can a cat do this

Later the little girl passed by as we were cleaning up and said that her cousin and the autistic kids did this! So once again walked down the street and in a nice way approached the parents and said if their kids could play on their own property and not destroy other peoples property

Are you ready Oh they are just kids having fun!!!

Have a good day all

NJsharon Offline
#953 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 1:28:50 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Parents today Nancy! That is terrible. I would be livid if my kids did something like that. Mind you, my girls are only allowed to hang out up to the end of the driveway! If they want to go further, they have to be with us.

Work went great, I am AM in Kindergarten. Yay! Just a little upset that they cut my hours, but almost an hour each day. Used to finish at 12.15, now I finish at 11.25am. So very short days for me. But I will take what I get & not get upset right?!

Overall happy with my assignment though. Even got to meet the K kiddies & their parents today as it was orientation for them. They seem like a bunch of cuties. Should be a fun year!
SandraB. Online
#954 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 7:16:54 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

met our class of students today...can see some issues alreadyLOL! Went for a nice bike ride after school, decided I need to ride then as it cools down quite a bit as soon as the sun goes down.

Sharon: glad you got the class you like. Sorry about the cut in hours though

Nancy: I think those parents need to be careful of social services paying them a visit. If anything happens to those kids there could be trouble. Are they all from one family? I would never have thought of leaving any of my kids alone at that age! Hope you had a nice visit with your gf.

Fall is definitely in the air around here, wore sandals and short pants today as I thought I was doing the Ice Bucket challenge and almost froze. They changed it to the end of the day and I left before that as I went in early to meet the kids. Tomorrow I go back to the hours I had last year...9:25-3:05. Our class has gym first block everyday so they don't need me for thatBigGrin

Off to order more vinyl, etc.

Hope everyone else is doing well, take care and happy craftingBigGrin