Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

NikkiStotler Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 9:10:09 AM(UTC)
NikkiStotler

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to cut large letters for the local high school and I can't figure out how to get my Cricut Expression to do full sized 12x24" letters. I'm so frustrated as I've gone through so much posterboard trying to figure it out and it's not working! Hope someone can help asap!
mylilpeanut Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:03:47 AM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Do you have your "mat size" set to cut on the 12x24 mat?
Gemini_Heather Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:27:38 AM(UTC)
Gemini_Heather

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 62 post(s)
If you have the gypsy or design studio software you will be able to cut the letters to 12 x 24. If you don't have either of these then you are stuck cutting the default largest size which is not the actual 12x24. Make sure your mat size is set at the 12x24 and you can select fit to page option and then cut the letter and it will cut as big as it will let you.
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 4:01:50 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7869 time(s) in 3683 post(s)
Also, if you use Portrait mode on your Expression you'll get much taller numbers.
lainamargaret Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:23:51 PM(UTC)
lainamargaret

I know this is a very old thread but I was wondering the same thing. I just updated everything to run through CCR and I bought the Extreme Fonts cartridge, when it goes to cut it starts but as soon as it goes down to the bottom of the page it just starts making weird sounds and wont cut any more. I tested the machine to see if it would cut something small which it would. So I am hoping I am just doing something wrong with the sizing. How to I change to portrat on CCR and how do I know what the largest sizes is that it will cut of something? PLEASE HELP! Mad
Cricut Tamara :) Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:38:36 PM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara :)

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 172 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lainacohen23908d7b Go to Quoted Post
I know this is a very old thread but I was wondering the same thing. I just updated everything to run through CCR and I bought the Extreme Fonts cartridge, when it goes to cut it starts but as soon as it goes down to the bottom of the page it just starts making weird sounds and wont cut any more. I tested the machine to see if it would cut something small which it would. So I am hoping I am just doing something wrong with the sizing. How to I change to portrat on CCR and how do I know what the largest sizes is that it will cut of something? PLEASE HELP! Mad

CCR does not have a portrait mode setting. You will just need to rotate your image on the mat. You can also stretch your image to fit the entire mat. Make sure that the image does not go off the mat or it will not cut. You will also be able to see the size and width of the image on the top of the screen. If your machine will still not cut larger images. Give customer service a call at 1-877-cricut. They would be happy to help you out. BigGrin