Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Friend958 Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 6:10:26 PM(UTC)
Friend958

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 248 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Around me store over the last few years have switched to paper crafting areas as well.
Friend958 Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 6:14:55 PM(UTC)
Friend958

Was thanked: 248 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Bazinga........ I think they are trying to make a change in demographics............. I think they want to "ditch" the "paper crafting, scrapbooking, gramma hobby" aura and when you look at this chart from google trends you can see why:

http://www.google.com/tr...cut%20Explore&cmpt=q

If you can read a bar graph, you can see interest in scrapbooking and cutters is on decline.......... In order to survive, PC has to explore new avenues and cultivate interest from younger creators/makers......... PC has to make a move and pull itself out of a big slump.......... They have some serious PR issues to overcome before they can do that. The interest in scrapbooking has declined overall. People have left scrapbooking/papercutting in droves. I can't fault PC for doing whatever they can to attract new users. Growth is essential for financial survival............ but I don't think turning their back on old-timers is going to have the payoff PC hopes for........ only time will tell.

Several of the crafters who have responded to this thread, have volunteered many free hours to PC. Don't think Cricut users not involved with the company haven't noticed this....... and feel PC has kicked some very very loyal fans to the curb.

I think it's good they are looking for "new customers" but hope they remember their " old" ones. My feeling is they aren't.
CricketCMV Offline
#33 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 7:22:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8165 time(s) in 4787 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Oddly enough, I just got an email from box.net that someone had downloaded one of my files. Not unusual, it's set up that way and I never changed. And, I never paid much attention to it. I post my files on my blog and if people want them, they can download them.

But this time, I logged into box and boy was I surprised! The basic little cupcake stand CCR file has been downloaded 677 times! Well, there certainly aren't 677 comments on that post on my blog. Not even a tenth of that. Guess I have a lot of blog visitors that grab the files and run. It's now making me think I need to change the way I share my files. Blink

If every visitor that downloaded a file had taken the time to write even a mere "TY", my blog would be a jumpin'!

BTW: I don't scrapbook. . .make a few mini albums here and there but no scrapbooking. I don't make cards even though I will make a few for special occasions/people. And I've had my Cricut since the end of 2007 and had a different electronic cutter since early 2006. Huh

Scrapalette.....maybe you should change your way of thinking. I think a lot of you are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too generous with things you share with others. I'll bet a lot of those who have 100,000 followers (that's really unbelievable, but if they are using Pinterest, Twitter, FB and other media....it probably isn't that hard to get a pretty good following pretty fast...there are a lot of people out there on the internet) have treated their blogs more like businesses...evidently if they have licenses and such (maybe you have licenses, too...don't know)! I'm not saying you shouldn't be generous; of course that is very sweet of all of you, but maybe it doesn't get you where you want to be?

Maybe you ARE where you want to be and just LOVE sharing with others. You certainly have been very generous. Maybe that's much more gratifying in the long run.

Char

Edited by user Friday, April 25, 2014 7:26:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JanisD Offline
#34 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 7:55:59 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Oddly enough, I just got an email from box.net that someone had downloaded one of my files. Not unusual, it's set up that way and I never changed. And, I never paid much attention to it. I post my files on my blog and if people want them, they can download them.

But this time, I logged into box and boy was I surprised! The basic little cupcake stand CCR file has been downloaded 677 times! Well, there certainly aren't 677 comments on that post on my blog. Not even a tenth of that. Guess I have a lot of blog visitors that grab the files and run. It's now making me think I need to change the way I share my files. Blink

If every visitor that downloaded a file had taken the time to write even a mere "TY", my blog would be a jumpin'!

BTW: I don't scrapbook. . .make a few mini albums here and there but no scrapbooking. I don't make cards even though I will make a few for special occasions/people. And I've had my Cricut since the end of 2007 and had a different electronic cutter since early 2006. Huh

You know there are some greedy people out there. Why wouldn't they take the time to be a follower or at the least say THANK YOU! How sad. I think I'd be locking them files up & give them as you see fit.

Janis

Edited by user Friday, April 25, 2014 7:56:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/25/2014(UTC)
bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab Offline
#35 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 8:03:28 PM(UTC)
bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Ummm…after reading the requirements, no thanks. I have a 150 people that read my blog and my posts vary from quilting, cycling and paper stuff. I don't make enough projects and most of what I do is personal stuff. I haven't done a video in years on YouTube. I do love reading through people's blogs and it would be cool to have a site that people could add their blogs to w/o requirements. I have a quilting site that does that by listing your blog and you go through everyone's posts.

Is there a way to peruse the blogs or do you have to sign up to read them?
golfingrams Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 8:46:14 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Was thanked: 367 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Scraplette - how can they download if it's not on your free files. Did you put your popcorn box in tutorials, I love it. Yes if they take they should thank you.
Narelle Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 11:41:32 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)

Your post prompted me to go look at my Box account. Holy moly!!!! You know that little old fonts file I share? Well get this...

Since I started sharing that file, the full version has been downloaded.... 42,938 times. OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod

The additions only version of the file has been downloaded 12,713 times!

That's 55,651 downloads in total just of that file! OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod

If I add up the followers from my two blogs - Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Studio (1005) and The Non-Crafty Crafter (597) plus the followers from our shared blog - Cricut Craft Room (674) that totals 2,276 followers. Nowhere near the 42,000+ times the font list has been downloaded.

Sure would love if everyone of those who downloaded the file had became a follower...

I haven't even looked at how many times my full cartridge list has been downloaded!!

Just as well I'm a sharing & caring kinda gal! BigGrin
 2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/26/2014(UTC), Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com on 4/26/2014(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#38 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 3:56:07 AM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 187 post(s)
Only 99,980 more followers needed to get me a free Cricut LOL
 4 users thanked Scrappy_Vee for this useful post.
Jooniper on 4/26/2014(UTC), Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com on 4/26/2014(UTC), Narelle on 4/26/2014(UTC), Moxy77 on 4/29/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#39 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:32:34 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
I had a invitation I had made a few years back that I posted on my blog, and I deleted it. I deleted it because that blog post was in the 100s of views a day, and my other posts were in the single digits views. I had decided no one else should benefit from my creation if they couldn't leave a reply on it. Now I kinda pick and choose which projects I share on my blog. Glare
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#40 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:47:07 AM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

United States

Was thanked: 12571 time(s) in 5048 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Your post prompted me to go look at my Box account. Holy moly!!!! You know that little old fonts file I share? Well get this...

Since I started sharing that file, the full version has been downloaded.... 42,938 times. OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod

If I add up the followers from my two blogs - Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Studio (1005) and The Non-Crafty Crafter (597) plus the followers from our shared blog - Cricut Craft Room (674) that totals 2,276 followers. Nowhere near the 42,000+ times the font list has been downloaded.

Sure would love if everyone of those who downloaded the file had became a follower...

I haven't even looked at how many times my full cartridge list has been downloaded!!

The first (and probably last) file I downloaded wayyyyy back when Design Studio was the only software, was your teabag holder! I have always thought you are brilliant. And that was when you were Girl From Oz! I was new to the boards back then and thought you were famous! Among Cricut-ers, you are!!!! I thought about that when I met you. I need your autograph, forgot to get it. BigGrin I am not surprised your file has been downloaded so much. And I was cleaning up stuff this morning and found the original cartridge list I downloaded from you. (But I am a follower!!)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#41 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:48:20 AM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

United States

Was thanked: 12571 time(s) in 5048 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrappy_Vee Go to Quoted Post
Only 99,980 more followers needed to get me a free Cricut LOL

LOL!!!
Narelle Offline
#42 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:17:11 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Go to Quoted Post
The first (and probably last) file I downloaded wayyyyy back when Design Studio was the only software, was your teabag holder! I have always thought you are brilliant. And that was when you were Girl From Oz! I was new to the boards back then and thought you were famous! Among Cricut-ers, you are!!!! I thought about that when I met you. I need your autograph, forgot to get it. BigGrin I am not surprised your file has been downloaded so much. And I was cleaning up stuff this morning and found the original cartridge list I downloaded from you. (But I am a follower!!)

Well, I thought how lucky I was getting to meet the famous Nadia! And we didn't even manage to get a photo together... (If I remember correctly you were being too vain because you thought you looked too scruffy. And that was hours before I let you all go to bed at 4am!!!) LOL
melodylanedesigns Offline
#43 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:09:12 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1943 time(s) in 956 post(s)
Remember they are not looking at how many followers you have. They are looking at unique views each month. if you don't watch your stats you won't know.I have not updated my blog since February and it says I have 10,000 views, I only have 650 followers. I am making 7 videos a week so I don't have much time for my blog, my videos get a much bigger response than my blog ever did.
jscraftylady Offline
#44 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:53:28 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2333 time(s) in 1252 post(s)
For those who share files, I will say this as a reader, if you make me jump through hoops, I won't come back and I think that is true for lots of readers.

Might I suggest something useful and easy, like asking those who want your free files to pay with a tweet or a Facebook share or a Pin. It's very easy for reader to do and it helps to get the word out about your site.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 4/27/2014(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#45 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:57:08 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

My husband has 10,000 followers and draws in about 20 million views a month. He blogs about sports, but do you think if he said something about his lovely wife's Cricut, he could join the network?BigGrin

GracefulGrammar Offline
#46 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:03:00 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1928 time(s) in 922 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
My husband has 10,000 followers and draws in about 20 million views a month. He blogs about sports, but do you think if he said something about his lovely wife's Cricut, he could join the network?BigGrin

Maybe if you are both DIYers???
jscraftylady Offline
#47 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:31:45 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Maybe if you are both DIYers???

I make t-shirts for him? And he challenges me to make things? I wonder if that counts. He would totally talk about Cricut. Sometimes he gets the most comments when he deviates from the normal sports talk. He once championed our boys' teachers projects from DonorsChoose and they got funded in less than five minutes. It's all about the size of your audience. Of course, it's also a job that he gets paid for.
kathleen79355419 Offline
#48 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 7:39:16 PM(UTC)
kathleen79355419

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have been crafting since I was a young child (quite some time ago). There are very few types of crafting that I haven't tried at least once. I've seen a lot of craft trends come and go (and come again!). What I notice is that the scrapbooking & paper crafts have stayed around a LOT longer than is usual for a crafting trend. And I also have been noticing signs that it is on the decline. One of the signs is that supplies are starting to be harder to find - at least at brick and mortar sources. I've also noticed that there seem to be fewer new ideas and innovative products being offered. Bringing new types of crafters into the paper crafts arena can only benefit us by bringing new ideas and products. I know that my new Explore has rejuvenated my excitement about papercrafting and I welcome the DIYers and their new perspectives. They will have a lot to offer us as we have a lot to offer them.
 1 user thanked kathleen79355419 for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 4/27/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#49 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:41:07 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8165 time(s) in 4787 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kathleen79355419 Go to Quoted Post
I have been crafting since I was a young child (quite some time ago). There are very few types of crafting that I haven't tried at least once. I've seen a lot of craft trends come and go (and come again!). What I notice is that the scrapbooking & paper crafts have stayed around a LOT longer than is usual for a crafting trend. And I also have been noticing signs that it is on the decline. One of the signs is that supplies are starting to be harder to find - at least at brick and mortar sources. I've also noticed that there seem to be fewer new ideas and innovative products being offered. Bringing new types of crafters into the paper crafts arena can only benefit us by bringing new ideas and products. I know that my new Explore has rejuvenated my excitement about papercrafting and I welcome the DIYers and their new perspectives. They will have a lot to offer us as we have a lot to offer them.

It doesn't appear, though, that the DIYers have any interest whatsoever in the papercrafters, though. Does it? It doesn't to me. I think we have interest in them; but, not them in us.

Char
ladybugstamper Offline
#50 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:46:03 PM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Hi!
Provo Craft can set the bloggers and audience they choose. I checked out a few and to quote Phil - "Yuppies" very nice people I am sure, but they are so not my style. Oh well, hopefully it will get more Cricut users and that is always a good thing - to quote Martha. Haha
GracefulGrammar Offline
#51 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 7:44:09 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1928 time(s) in 922 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post

Actually, it would be great to have more men involved...... I think he should apply.
jscraftylady Offline
#52 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:18:14 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Actually, it would be great to have more men involved...... I think he should apply.

I am trying to coax out his inner DIYer.
jscraftylady Offline
#53 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:20:09 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: MultiCrafter Amy Go to Quoted Post
Ya I was surprised. I know that clerk
pretty well. She was in the process
today of condensing the paper crafts.
There will still be scrapbooking stuff
but like I said it now is under paper
crafting.

Just got back from my nearest Js. They have about half as much papercrafting stuff as they did the last time I was there. They are not carrying any Cricut machines and the Fiskars Fuse and BigShot are both clearanced for $59. I thought hard about that Fuse since all the dies were 80% off, too, but I just couldn't justify it.
MaryStillman Offline
#54 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 4:49:24 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1247 time(s) in 790 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
I have no interest in scrapbooking, that is why I waited so long to get a Cricut, I fouldn out is is not just for scrapbooking, I have and don't ever will have an interest to scrapbook.

Melody, you should scrapbook the cards you do for your videos. I'm with you, I don't scrapbook, but sometimes I think I want to create a special space with notes for cards I have created and how recipients responded to the cards.

Mary
MaryStillman Offline
#55 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 4:52:15 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1247 time(s) in 790 post(s)
I get the feeling that PC is really looking for people who create really unique projects either with their own designs or using images from cartridges for their make it now crafts in CDSpace. Stuff no one else has done.

I have no fear of ever being asked to be a blogger.

Mary
Coah'sNana Offline
#56 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 5:27:29 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 16600 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post

Some of those are probably dummies like me (LOL ) who have downloaded it multiple times because I forget WHERE I saved the dang thing! Flapper Flapper Love that list though. You are a sweetie for sharing it! Wub Wub