Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Cricut Tamara :) Offline
#31 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 10:58:10 AM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara :)

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Olivia'sNana Go to Quoted Post
Char, I just discovered there is a way to do this. I was playing around with a cloud image welding, turning, flipping and such trying to get a group of clouds welded to make a bigger puffy cloud.

Anyway there are 3 ways you can rotate an image: you can freehand turn using the turning handle, you can also rotate it in 45degree increments and go back to any point by selecting edit, click on any circle the surrounds the larger circle in the rotate section of the edit tool box or you can enter manually in the box and use the up/down arrows to turn 1degree at a time.

Hope this helps

Thanks, Olivia for explaining the 3 ways to rotate an image. :)

Cricut Tamara
CricketCMV Offline
#32 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:29:40 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8023 time(s) in 4685 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
No, what you are referring to is "constraint"......... JS has posted a picture of what alignment is. You are correct that there should be what is called "constraint"....... where the user can hold a key down and an object will rotate in 45 degree increments, a line will draw at 90 degrees, an object will size proportionately. That has been basic to all design software since MacPaint 30 years ago. Because features basic to design software are missing, it makes a basic task very time consuming. Computers users have come to expect these basic features to be there........ and to be available in the constant manner from software to software.

In every graphic software I have ever used, If i want to line up 3 squares vertically, all I have to do is select the 3 squares and use the alignment function to align all the objects selected. This is why I have asked you to look at other software (all which is free to try), because it's difficult to know what is missing from DeSpace and to discuss it when you don't know what other software has. It wasn't to convert you..... it was to give you a basis for comparison.

I have worked in other graphics softwares (or other softwares, e.g., PowerPoint, Scrapbook Deluxe, etc.) that have these things, too. That's why I know it's out there and why I know Design Space is not anything near what I have worked in before. I know you are talking about more sophisticated stuff than what I'm used to, but I do know that CDSPACE is NOT near what any of the other things I have worked in...including CCR. I know we're talking about different types of programs but I think we're all recognizing the same things we need/want in this software.

I know you're not trying to convert me....you're trying to get me to broaden my horizons...which I've not been willing to do, as yet. I am getting interesting in more and more things because of what I think the EXPLORE might do for me in the future (things I've thought I would like to try); but, once again, what we have with the EXPLORE is CDSPACE. CDSPACE Is not cutting it! Thank goodness we do have other avenues to explore with the EXPLORE and our own computers/printers in the near future. BUT, I WILL NEVER BE HAPPY WITH CDSPACE until PC gets serious about what we want....and, I don't think they care at all.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#33 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:39:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8023 time(s) in 4685 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cricut Tamara Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, Olivia for explaining the 3 ways to rotate an image. :)

Cricut Tamara

While it was a good explanation (what Olivia said to us about rotating things), it wasn't what I was talking about exactly.

I'm not sure I posted this picture on here, but I will now. When you are using the "turning tool" or the other tools Olivia mentioned, it is extremely difficult (after you have turned an image yourself because there is no stopping point as you are turning your image, so sometimes you are stopping it "off" the line you want to get to because you have to eyeball EVERYTHING and 99% of the time, you have NO grid lines/ruler to use until you go off what you're working on to go to the right and scroll all the way up and go all the way to the bottom to scroll all the way left and THEN click on the square to get your grid lines back........by then you don't even remember what you're trying to do.....but, when you finally click on something to try to finalize what you want to do....ALAS....the ruler and grid lines are GONE again.

Sorry, but while I appreciate Olivia's information on three ways to rotate (which I already knew but maybe others didn't and Olivia has reinforced this for them), it was not what I was trying to get at. I'm not very good at explaining things, but this was not helping me.

WHEN WILL PC GIVE US A CONSTANT RULER AND GRIDLINES ON OUR MATS???? THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME....and, I suspect it is very important to others.

DOES PC REALLY WANT US TO BE ABLE TO DESIGN IN CDSPACE?

I know you won't come back to answer this.....it feels like I already know the answer. I hope I don't, though. I hope PC really does care about many of us who would like to be able to do a lot more in CDSPACE than we can at this point.

I'm happy for those who are happy with it the way it is.....but, it won't hurt them if PC goes even further to make more of us happier.

Char
JanisD Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 11:00:26 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1310 time(s) in 1005 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I will try this; can't lose if it works. BUT, I don't know how that could revive the ink. I also read several times that others used the alcohol, but I never heard anyone come back and say it worked.

Has anyone reading this tried it?

Char

Char if your pens are alcohol based then you need to try the alcohol & if they're water based try water. It should say somewhere on your marker pkg. what base they were made with.
HTH

Janis
 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/28/2014(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 11:15:04 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1310 time(s) in 1005 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *Violette* Go to Quoted Post
I read somewhere that someone soaked the tip of her dried pens in some alcohol for a bit and then her pens worked again.

Here's some tips I found on dried up markers..

http://www.wikihow.com/Revive-Dried-Out-Markers

http://www.instructables...out-marker-back-to-life/

http://lifehacker.com/58...ers-with-rubbing-alcohol

Maybe it will work, sure looks like it does.

Janis
 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#36 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 8:03:45 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 747 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post

WHEN WILL PC GIVE US A CONSTANT RULER AND GRIDLINES ON OUR MATS???? THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME....and, I suspect it is very important to others.

Char

I have been asking for this and a user's manual since day one along with being able to set preferences.
 2 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 4/28/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 4/28/2014(UTC)
jojoy Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 8:45:42 AM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Was thanked: 12148 time(s) in 3855 post(s)
Like Cindy, I went from using my Expression/Gypsy to the Explore. I have only been disappointed once, so far with the Explore, and that was yesterday. I was cutting out the AG butterflies card, and it ripped up some of the butterflies. I absolutely love the writing and scoring, but I guess I better check all of my pens now. I only used about 3 of them and I have both sets. I can't really say that I love or hate CD yet. I've made several cards that were pre-made, so I haven't done a lot from scratch yet. It is sometimes frustrating though to figure out the different features.
 1 user thanked jojoy for this useful post.