Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 8:04:20 AM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 87 post(s)
I was just looking through the board and noticed that the cartridge board does not seem to get many new posts in now a days . Not many people seen to post there ideas or things that they have made in there .
I was wondering how long it would take for us to get something that has been made for every cart listed.
It could be even just 1 thing that you have cut out from a certain cart . If you could key in and add a photo of what you have cut and what size it is it might show people what some of the things look like from that cart when cut .
I hope some of you are up for a challenge just thought it would be nice to get some more posts in them as some are over a year old . BigGrin BigGrin
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 10:57:56 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18943 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
PC abandoned the cart forums and many carts don't even have a forum. It's sorta understandable since there are 300+ carts and that's a heck of alotta forums to have on a MB!

But, you can search by cart in the Project Center and find newer projects. I think if PC gets around to reformatting the MB, the carts forums will disappear.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/8/2014(UTC)
#3 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 11:15:08 AM(UTC)

thanks Scrapalette . I just thought it would have been nice to see some new things on there . I used to go on to them quite often and look at what other people had done or even just the cuts as they look better made up by someone than just the picture in the book .
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 2:56:18 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 268 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I search by cart on Pinterest and get tonnes of inspiration.

I too miss the activity on the cartridge boards but like Scrapalette said, they've been abandoned by PC.

Alot of Cricut users stay away from the message boards these days.
 1 user thanked Scrappy_Vee for this useful post.
~LN on 5/13/2014(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 3:38:26 PM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12567 time(s) in 5048 post(s)
I think the MB won't ever be updated ever. They created the Project Center for project uploads and they haven't even added the Explore to the machine forum.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 4:19:32 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 747 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Go to Quoted Post
I think the MB won't ever be updated ever. They created the Project Center for project uploads and they haven't even added the Explore to the machine forum.

My understanding is that there will never be an Explore or Design Space forum. PC wants to do everything on Social Media and those of us who don't use Social Media, well we are not the "right" demmographics for PC anymore.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 06, 2014 3:50:08 AM(UTC)

Thanks girls , its a pity that they don't want to keep it all updated as lots of the things that a lot of you share on here are the only way I sometimes find out how to do things .

Gyspyboricua I agree with you .
I am not a social media person at all and have no wanting to go down that root , my poor son at school the other day way asked WHATS THAT THING ! meaning his phone , it is the most basic one I could get as if it went missing out of his school uniform it did not really matter as it only cost me £15 English pound and that was because you had to put £10 start up on it as it is pay as you go . I dread to think at what some of the kids take to school and how much it cost the parents .

Scrappy vee I do sometimes go on to pintrest and have a look but think I will be going ther a lot more . I just used to like if someone had made something they would put instructions on how they made it or you could pm them .

CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 8:02:30 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8026 time(s) in 4687 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
PC abandoned the cart forums and many carts don't even have a forum. It's sorta understandable since there are 300+ carts and that's a heck of alotta forums to have on a MB!

But, you can search by cart in the Project Center and find newer projects. I think if PC gets around to reformatting the MB, the carts forums will disappear.

I certainly hope those OLDER posts/creations in the various cartridges NEVER disappear. There is so much inspiration in them.....still.

I hope you're wrong about this, Scrapalette.

Char
#9 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 2:26:34 AM(UTC)

I agree with you cricut CMV

I find it easier to look at what people have put in the old card forums than looking on the blog and trawling through all of them to find what one you have looked at before and what to look at again , may be it is just that I am not a computer geek or very good with Tec .
 1 user thanked 6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/9/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 10:04:06 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8026 time(s) in 4687 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Go to Quoted Post
I agree with you cricut CMV

I find it easier to look at what people have put in the old card forums than looking on the blog and trawling through all of them to find what one you have looked at before and what to look at again , may be it is just that I am not a computer geek or very good with Tec .

It's very sensible to me (as you pointed out) to be able to GO TO the very cartridge you are trying to create something from than going to the Project Center here to see all the random/miscellaneous entries that you're not always that interested in. I do realize PC is going a different direction, but we still need the "sensible" way to find things around here to even utilize all the money we've spent on our cartridges. I should think PC will want to take care of their older (more loyal IMHO) customers if they have any hopes of luring our numbers up to their current direction. To me, the good old "alphabet" way of storing/sorting is the best way to go. Of course, I'm 70!!

Char
scrapalette Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 12:40:27 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18943 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I certainly hope those OLDER posts/creations in the various cartridges NEVER disappear. There is so much inspiration in them.....still.

I hope you're wrong about this, Scrapalette.

Char

Try accessing all the thousands of projects and posts from the old MB. They don't seem to care what was posted there or here as the old MB was lost in cyberspace. Fortunately, the Project Center isn't a part of the MB and so it should last even if the MB is revamped.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/9/2014(UTC)