Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sea_bord Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:16:46 PM(UTC)
sea_bord

Groups: Registered

My darling husband bought me an E2 last week, to help alleviate some of the frustrations I've had with making a mass amount of intricate cards with my exacto knife.

Well, sir, lemme tell you!

The computer will not STAY synced with my machine! I have a beautiful baby invitation drawn up, ready to cut 30 times, and it won't work after one sheet goes through. I have to shut down my Cricut Expression 2, AND Craft Room, start everything up again, open my project and cut. Again.

I'm running Mac, newest release, along with the Cricut on the updated firmware (I literally JUST used Cricut Sync before posting in the forum).

I figured, okay, it's a software issue. NOPE! WRONG! I made a little something up on the touch screen, tried printing it on a few different pages and NOPE! WON'T WORK!!!!

While doodling around with the touch screen, I've also noticed that the response on the touch screen is next to the worst I have ever seen - I run the fear of poking a hole through the LCD just to get to the next screen, which works less than 50% of the time.

On top of all of that, my circles are coming out oblong (a problem I'm assuming from the posts over 2 years is still unresolved).

I'm so frustrated with the fact that I have a $300 doorstop, which I cannot return because Michaels has a "no open box" policy... I am, to be quite honest, ready to cry. I would have been better off with my exacto knife, a few good movies, and doing these the old fashioned way.
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:33:44 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 925 time(s) in 597 post(s)
You need to learn CCR (cricut craft room) ASAP. It's free and just download it from the cricut website. I don't know anything about E2 since I have two of the Expressions machines but CCR makes them easier to use than ever before. I hope you get it figured out.

Joyce
Bugsy2 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:43:39 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 454 time(s) in 323 post(s)
I would suggest that you call Customer Service. That definitely doesn't sound right. It could just be your anti-virus kicking you off.

As for the circles being oblong... maybe your E2 needs to be reset. CS can help you with that too... I hope.

Edited by user Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:45:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

terriedotsb9516335 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:18:16 PM(UTC)
terriedotsb9516335

I'm having the same issue with my Mac + E2. I've found that I don't have to restart my machine each time; often I can get my machine to recognize my Mac if I just relaunch CCR.

I'm sure you're like me and the majority of other Mac users in that you don't have an anti-virus program, so I'm betting that's not our issue.

I was told when I was having trouble with my first machine that Cricuts are not really Mac-compatible due to Apple's proprietary software rules. They did say that the Explore is more Mac-friendly, but like you I just got my E2 so I'm not looking to invest another $300 right now.

I don't really have any answers, but I wanted you to know you're not alone.
sdellavecchio203b70c9 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:43:36 AM(UTC)
sdellavecchio203b70c9

I have a MAC and I am having the same issue. It is very frustrating!
redlady Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 01, 2014 6:58:46 AM(UTC)
redlady

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Oh Yes, I'm having the same problem! I read somewhere to buy a cold-contacts USB cable. It works randomly. The first time I used my E2 after plugging in the gold-contacts cable, it did fine, cutting each page just like it is supposed to. The next time I cut--back to having to close & open the software again. I will be calling CS. Frustrating! I had not seen anything about Cricut & Mac not being compatible before buying a Mac.
way2cool4words Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 9:58:28 AM(UTC)
way2cool4words

OKAY. I just had to post about this!

SAME PROBLEM HAVING TO REBOOT EVERY TIME!!

I have been using my Mac forever with Design Studio as well as CCR.
It's compatible.

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THEM.

Initial response was that it was probably my internet connection.

I told her that I have attempted it at home, as well as the place I teach classes and it has the same problem at both places, so the chance of it being the internet connection is slim. Different times of day? Same results.

She checked my firmware was up to date (it was) and then had me install the current build for Macs which should be 187.
I did that.

Same results. Cuts first mat and will not cut second mat unless I shut CCR down and reboot. Lame.

She said, "Well that's weird. It should work."

No, really???!!! Duh!

I asked if I could talk to Tech Support and she told me she would pass my information on.

I told her I really needed resolution now, and she said, "Well I don't know what to tell you."

Then, she said, "Let's try to clear your cache and delete your cookies."

So I did that.

At this point she also suggested trying it from Chrome instead of Safari.

So, I reopen CCR in Chrome (with my cache cleared and cookies deleted)
AND IT WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!!!!!

I have no idea if it was simply using Chrome or if it was clearing my cache and cookies, but problem resolved!

Spread the word!!!!
Love