Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

35 Pages«<333435
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1021 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:08:41 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1282 time(s) in 997 post(s)
Shelly... I just tried a new Gluten Free Pizza Crust... the instructions were a little strange you mix it like a pancake batter spread it thin in the pan it has italian spices in it and if you follow the directions it came out perfect crust I just added my own Italian sauce oregano and oil and mozzerella.

It was so good nice and crunchy.

The name is "Namaste Foods" makes 2 14" pie crust of course I didn't have a pizza pan I gave all mine away so I used cookie sheets

Usually my friends who are not crafty laugh at me I said I don't spend money on alchol, drugs or do I gamble.

This is my passion. Of course DH can never ever complain LOL

Edited by user Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:11:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandraB. Offline
#1022 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 7:16:23 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 237 post(s)
I never owned an Imagine, but I'm assuming after watching a couple of Ken's videos that being I have the subscription I will have access to at least some of them. I've never tried the print & cut so it should be interesting. It's turned really warm here again during the day, though it does cool off as soon as the sun goes down. Oh well, it is mid September!

Joy: I gave up on the Inkscape and took it off my computer. Figure I can find enough images elsewhere

Shelly: I remember when we last moved I was getting the same comments about my craft stuff. It would be worse nowLOL

Nancy: your pizza crust sounds yummy. Did your new toy arrive today?

Sharon: boy, what a huge order. You are doing great with this little business of yours

I got a message from my nephew's wife asking me to teach her to either knit or crochet. She's the mom of my great niece and nephew, so might get some extra play time in with themBigGrin!

I'm anxiously waiting for my vinyl to arrive, it's been shipped so hopefully it arrives soon. I'm going to give the pumpkin with the hat from SVG cuts a try, glad they have videosLOL!

Take care and happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1023 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 7:40:57 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1483 time(s) in 1180 post(s)
Good luck with your pumpkin/witch hat Sandra! I spent an hour watching that video last night to learn how to put together the house!

I have the kaleidoscope software. I think this print/cut will be ideal to cut things out from that!
Shelly Offline
#1024 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:02:10 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 307 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Nancy - I will have to tell my DD about that crust. Gf pizzas are so expensive at places to buy made. She has tried other products from brand and likes them.

Sandra - I love SVG cuts. They have the cutest designs. Can't wait to try them out. That pumpkin with the hat looks really cute. Post a pic when you finish please.

Joy - Hope Kate can get some answers. I didn't get an email about the Imagine, but maybe that is because I haven't registered my E yet. Don't want to do that until I can use it so I can get my two weeks of free subscription. I have 4 cricut machines, 2 cuttlebugs and a gypsy. Only thinking of selling the original cricut and a cuttlebug eventually.

This packing is taking much more time than I thought it would. Yesterday, I kept running into things that I wasn't sure what DH wanted to do with. Then he was only home for a short time as he had meetings and stuff he had to do. Got it figured out now.

We are going to stay in our motorhome for a week up the canyon. Our DDs basement is getting carpet on Thursday, so I think we will move in there next Saturday. It's close enough that DH can go back and forth to work.

We will come down on Monday to help with a funeral for a neighbor. She got numb feet a few months ago that about 5 weeks ago progressed to the point that she had no strength in her legs and was using a walker. Went to the hospital to try and figure what was wrong. Things just kept getting worse. Kept changing what they thought was wrong. It progressed to where she had no strength in her arms. Couldn't even push the buttons on her cell phone to make a call. Anyway, a week ago they transferred her to another hospital, as they thought they finally figured out what to do and thought they could cure her. Two days later she was on a ventilator, then she had two strokes due to bleeding in her brain because her veins were so inflamed. So sad. She was a wonderful lady who always had a smile and would do anything for anyone. She will be missed.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1025 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:34:35 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Beautiful day here today cool but sunny Yes I did get my new toy later on in the day and I had Abigail. Then she went home and I had a few things to do then bowling today and have yet to open the box. So unlike me.

When I went bowling I had a nice surprise a CTMH orderl..Last year I printed up flyers for the younger women on the other side of the bowling alley I think I handed out 40 flyers advertising CTMH.

Well this lady approaches me and said are you the gal that sells CTMH Yes!!! so she placed a nice order which I told her I wouldn't be ordering until Oct. and she said no problem. So happy about that.

This is her first time attempting making cards so I said I would show her at my house and she said no problem. Order whatever else I need. OK

I have to run because i want to try out my new toy and Patty and the family are coming we are meeting at The Outback Steak house celebrating her birthday

Need to go and play

NJsharon Offline
#1026 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:34:06 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Shelly, so sorry about the neighbor. That is so sad. :(

We had a beautiful day today, 71 right now & sunny. Just lovely weather out.
Went on a field trip with the Kindy kids to a milkweed patch & found some caterpillars, so kids were excited. It was cute.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1027 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:50:16 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Love it... silent and smooth as you are embossing you think nothing is happening then take it our embossing really nice.

No more guess work using different plates you get two and just adjust the know and perfect embossing and using spellbinder nesties cuts really nice. I got them free with the machine. I wouldn't buy them because having the Cricut I really never got into buying them

Shelly.. so sorry to hear about your neighbor...

Sharon... we reached 79 today

Edited by user Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:53:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandraB. Offline
#1028 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:22:43 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

home from a hockey game. It's turned so warm, was a shame to sit in the arena tonite. My van started acting up yesterday...a light that looked like a battery came on. After the van would sit it was ok for awhile then it would come on again. On our way home from the game the radio died and the lights didn't seem as bright. Dh went out to check again and the battery was dead! Lucky enough I can get a ride to school tomorrow, dh is getting a new battery. Hopefully, that will fix it. He read the book and that symbol indicated the system needs to be re-charged so he had booked it into the shop, but not until next Tues. Hopefully, the battery will work so we can get it thereLOL!

Got my firmware updates done for the design space, now to wait until next week for the print & cut. Finished the cauldron last nite, decided to put Happy Halloween on it but want to wait until my vinyl comes for the orange.

Sharon: how do you put rhinestones on t-shirts? I downloaded a rhinestone font but not sure how it works. Sounds like a fun field trip

Shelly: sorry to hear about your neighbor.

Nancy: glad you got your machine and you like it. Congrats on your nice order

Joy: only managed to get the first layer of the pumpkin cut out last nite, hopefully will get time to work on it tomorrow nite.

Tale care everyone

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1029 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 5:14:52 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi girls,

We have been going to the beach funny all Summer long we didn't go now we have been taking advantage of this beautiful weather. We are surrounded by many private beaches North of us and a couple of big beaches.

So we are walking on the boardwalk DH said he said I think we know the couple walking in front of us I said from behind!! yep we haven't seen this couple since we quit Country Dancing 2 yrs. ago they decided to walk on the boardwalk. Well the yellow jackets were all around us I said I am out of here. She happens to be allergic so off they went. Nice to bump into people and catch up alittle

Sandra.. be sure to share your projects sounds like cute crafts. I guess I will update my firmware

Getting together with craft friend tomorrow morning then hoping to finish my christmas cards. I was waiting for my new machine then changed my mind and want to try something else.

We had a really nice dinner last night at the Outback Steak House Abigail told the waitress she wanted her grilled cheese and french fries LOL we had Prime rib and Lobster tails OMG!! was so good then we all came back to the house and we had her favorite birthday cake chocolate peanut butter ice cream cake she turned 39 yesterday and for the last 35 years this is the cake she wants. The first 5 years was Carval Ice Cream cake

Sharon did you finish your order big order??

have a good night all

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1030 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 5:26:11 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I was just in the Reward Points Forum it's too bad we can't use them to buy images in CCR/CDS

There is nothing that interest me!!!
NJsharon Offline
#1031 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:09:35 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Yes, I finished my order of 17 shirts for the church choir today, so will drop that off tomorrow! Yay! They were pretty easy shirts too, but look so good. Very happy with them.

Sandra, the rhinestones are very fun & easy. But they do work a lot better with a heat press than an iron. First you cut the template out of sticky flock material. Then set that on a smooth surface (it is sticky on the back & fuzzy/flocked on the top). You brush your rhinestones into the holes on the flock. Then using a transfer sheet rub over the top gently to get them to stick to it. Then put that transfer sheet onto the material & press it down at 380 for 20 seconds, remove transfer sheet & press again for 20 seconds. Then I turn inside out & press for antoher 20 seconds.

It is fun & just as addicting as vinyl!

I just got a lady wanting a custom gymnastics shirt all in bling. But not sure what to charge as that is a big piece of sticky flock I will have to cut out & not sure how many gymnastics shirts I will do in the future... so may only use the template once. Things like a pumpkin template I can use again & again. But one that says 'Gymnast Mom' with a gymnast... might not use as much.

NJsharon Offline
#1032 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 4:54:59 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

I was up super late until 1.290am, watching the news for the results of the Scotland/UK vote. Then finally went to sleep & woke up at 4.20am with a very sore throat. Could not get back to sleep, so going to be a looong day!

I did however make a card using the new artfully sent cricut cartridge & posted it on the chat board. So at least I was a little productive. LOL
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1033 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 10:45:35 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good afternoon girls,

Spent the whole morning with my crafty friend she makes so many cards she must have over 500 cards all in boxes stored in her craft room closet if not more. I sand do you send out to a lot of people she said no!! I just love making cards. LOL

She did do a craft fair last year but the table was so expensive that it wasn't worth it. She also sells SU just for the discount for herself. I think she has every ribbon, paper and stamps SU has to offer. I have seen this room empty before she became a consultant now their are beautiful storage containers all around her room. She has certainley grown.

So we had a nice morning didn't get over until almost 1pm .

Sharon nice work on the shirt order... at least you are enjoying what you are doing

Chilly here today but it is supposed to warm up for the weekend

joyfullycrafting Offline
#1034 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 1:59:57 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I have been reading but just haven't posted for a few days. We just seem to stay too busy.

Nancy, has Abigail put her feet into the ocean water? The water on the Oregon coast is COLD year round.

The Great Dane is still here. I think he will be leaving tomorrow night. I am going to take some pictures of the Great Dane's family in the morning. At 8:00 a.m. Crying And they are notoriously late for everything. And I HAVE to be in the car heading out of town by 9:10. Hope it all works out.

The formal looks good, except that it is REALLY low in the front. DH love it. There is a drapey part in the front. I will make an extra drapey part to cover a bit more. And the invisible zipper went in like a dream (first time I have put one in) but it lays funny, so I am going to rip it all out and try again.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1035 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 4:45:47 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I finished all my Christmas cards. Crafty friend gave me a nice idea I forgot I had the CTMH stamp set so it worked perfect.

All done first time in Sept. that I am done. I have so many projects I want to work on. Behind in scrapping ..want to do a crush book for Patty with all my left over photos from Abigail

My GF gave me a great idea to make a mini album for Abby ABC with the cricut cut different images that go with that letter. Sounds like a lot of work but fun

Joy Abigail loves the ocean although I find it to be cold these young kids are in the water no matter how cold it is they don't seem to feel it like we do.

We go to the beaches which is all around us the water was so calm yesterday it was beautiful but cold.

Usually when it reaches 80 and up the water is a lot warmer

I hope you get in the car on time. I would love to see the great dane next to your other dogs.

Sharon.. good work getting the shirts done. How is your job going??

Have a good night all
SandraB. Offline
#1036 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 7:09:09 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

today was a different day at school. We took all the grade 7's out to a hiking area around some small lakes and did a 5km walk, had lunch and then took them swimming at our leisure centre. I think there will be some pretty tired kids tonite. DH and some other fellows have figured out it's probably the alternator in my van giving us grieve. It is still under warranty so it should be covered, in the meantime we've had to rent a car for me to drive as the van doesn't go in until Tues. We will take it in Mon., evening so it's there first thing Tues., morning so hopefully I get it back Tues. evening.

Sharon: thanks for the rhinestone info, where do you get your supplies from? My order of vinyl arrived today, will pick it up tomorrow.BigGrin

Nancy: sounds like you had fun with your crafty friend. Still working on my pumpkin, it took a lot of fiddling around last nite to get it to stick. Will try to get more done tonite, hopefully the hardest part is doneGlare

Joy: glad you got your dress done, I'm sure it looks lovely. Look forward to seeing pics of the great dane.

Tomorrow Don is taking Troy to his last golf while I go with my sis to take mom down to a park for a bit of a walk and lunch. Then we have a hockey game tomorrow evening. Not sure what's on the agenda for Sun, besides houseworkBored

Take care everyone and happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin
NJsharon Offline
#1037 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 6:20:36 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

No probem Sandra, you should try out the Rhinestones, they are easy & fun!
I order most of my supplies from: http://therhinestoneworld.com/ If you go on YouTube that same website has some great video tutorials for how to do rhinestones templates, how to brush the rhinestones in etc.

You would need these materials though...

Rhinestone cutting mat (I will try to look where I bought mine, it is red & not sticky on it, unlike the cricut mats)
Sticky flock material
Rhinestone brush
SS10 hotfix Korean low-lead rhinestones (this is the size most templates are made for & you will use the most, there are also smaller & bigger ones)
Rhinestone transfer tape (you do not need a lot of this as it is REUSABLE!).
Maybe a pair of tweezers for getting those stray rhinestones in place.

I think that is it!
Have fun with it!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1038 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:07:35 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Really got cold here last night didn't realize it had my window open a crack and was way under the covers this morning LOL but slept good

Doing a little catch up cleaning have baked apples in the oven it smells so good in here. We really did well at the local farm stand plus saved us on gas going locally then driving 80 miles round trip.

Going to play with my new machine today hoping to work on some Christmas cards for the kids.Then I saw a really nice card made on Gina K site I switched the colors around and made it more for a winter scene for DH birthday I have to wait for him not to be home because he is always passing thru the craftroom to go outside in the yard.

it was just sponging ink over the card in several colors she used more of a sunset scene and I wanted to do more of a winter scene came out really pretty I want to stamp a lighthouse cut it out and pop it on the card.

Sharon... that sounds like a another hobby going on

Sandra... I bet those kids slept good, good luck with your van

Well have a great day all

Edited by user Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:19:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shelly Offline
#1039 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:55:27 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 307 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Good Morning!

Quickly read through the posts.

Sandra - Hope your van gets fixed.

Sharon - Rhinestones sound fun.

Nancy - Have fun with your new toy!

Well today is moving day. Finally! The buyers have been giving us trouble right up to the end. They still think they want possession today. Our realtor has told them no a thousand times. She told them they have already moved it up and they will have to wait until Monday. We should be out by Sunday night, but our realtor told us to hold on to the key until Monday afternoon. They said they wanted possession, but would give us time to be out, but she thinks they would really come bug us all weekend and try and charge us rent. She said we would not believe all the stuff they and their realtor have tried to pull and get away with that she hasn't even told us about. What we know about is bad enough.

I don't know if I will get on here next week. Up the canyon where we are staying there isn't wifi, and I can't see the whole screen on my phone for some reason. We will be staying up there till next Saturday, then move in with our DD. Kinda worried about how then next few months are going to be staying there.

Catch up with you later.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1040 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 10:45:27 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Shelly, Merle says you and Blair should just come on the cruise with us!!! BigGrin

I wanted to try and get a pic of all three dogs lined up, but I just never got it done.

We did get up on the early side and I took family pics of the dog's owner's family - Neil, his parents, his sister and her husband and their five kids, and the BIL's mother. Neil's mom's father is still living, but there is no way he would leave his house just to have a picture taken. He is like 91 and doesn't move much.

Now, the dad in the family - his parents were married, had three kids, divorced, married again and had another child, divorced again, for like 30 or 40 years, and remarried again about a year ago! They are in their 80's. Third time's a charm, I guess. She had never remarried, but he had between the second and third marriage and his wife second wife passed away a couple of years ago.
NJsharon Offline
#1041 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 4:31:47 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Kind of a relaxing day for me today.
I have a craft fair I am vending at in 2 weeks time, so may make up some shirts & other fall goodies to sell at that. Or may just relax & do nothing! LOL

Have a good sunday all!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1042 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 4:26:57 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all.

Have a nice quiet Sunday. Church, then an all-church picnic right after. Home and a nap. I am fighting a sinus headache. I can tell by my neck. It hurts. And my sinuses.

I am really looking forward to this print / cut thing on my Explore. But I won't change things the first day. I have a hunch there will be too many people rushing to update and it will take too long, or it won't work at all.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1043 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 5:53:40 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Waiting for my 2 girls to come this morning nice day today

yesterday we lost our power was not a happy person it was humid and hot plus I had to pick Alex up for
breakfast thank goodness for a gas stoveBigGrin .

I called him and said do you have power?? He said yes I said do you want me to bring my pancake batter to you and I will cook you breakfast he said No!! I want to come to your house. I said only if the traffic
lights are working then I can get to you.

So he came had 3 hugh pancakes with chocolate chips and enjoyed it. His parents went up to see Hannah and bring her winter jackets and a down blanket that she forgot. So they left him home alone for the first time.

But I checked in on him.

We;; tried crafting yesterday but no luck I think it was too hot to think straight then we got our power back on.

Oh they are here
Have a good day
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1044 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 3:08:35 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, how far is it to where Hannah goes to school?

Kind of humid here today. I don't think it got as warm as predicted.

Went to Wally's and stocked up on things I forget to pack when we travel- sunscreen, bandaids, contact solution, etc. Also got Lysol and hand sanitizer. We want to stay healthy on the ship.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1045 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 5:06:22 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Nancy, how far is it to where Hannah goes to school?

Kind of humid here today. I don't think it got as warm as predicted.

Went to Wally's and stocked up on things I forget to pack when we travel- sunscreen, bandaids, contact solution, etc. Also got Lysol and hand sanitizer. We want to stay healthy on the ship.

Hannah is about a 7 hour drive with no traffic. Her parents left at 3 am to make sure they got there and then they went to Montreal and stayed overnight then home again.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1046 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 5:11:37 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

So windy today perfect day to catch a cold because although it was windy it wasn't that cold so you don't know whether to wear a jacket or not! really too hot for a jacket but that wind was something else.

We tried to find Abigail a Halloween costume I would love to see her as Minnie Mouse either in the red or the baby pink but patty has other ideas. I am not fond of what Patty is looking at i try to keep my mouth shut and stay out of trouble.

3 stores later she is still undecided.

Shelly .. I hope you are getting a chance to relax

Joy...That is good you are buying the hand sanitizers

Have a good night all
NJsharon Offline
#1047 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:15:58 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

I was out sick from work yesterday. Feeling a bit better today but still under the weather. Runny nose, sneezing, slight sore throat, slight headache & achy. But really much better today. lol

My car crapped out on Sunday. Was making a really loud rattling sound, so took it in yesterday & that will cost around $3500 to fix. Ugh.

Elise has a big night terror last night. Woke up screaming so loud & crying & shouting there was a girl in her room. So calmed her down a bit & she came in with us, but was still crying & shaking even in our bed. :( Have to get in touch with my sleep Dr to see if they will see her, if not taking her to the pediatric sleep disorder center in New Brunswick (about 30-40 mins away). As this is getting bad now.

Crazy busy!

I have a craft fair I am selling at in 2 weeks time, so I must make some more stuff to sell at that. But being sick I didn't feel like doing anything. Hoping I feel better soon.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1048 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:07:13 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Trying to get some gals together for a Crop on sat. so far 2 are coming I will get bagels for them.
Hoping to get more people.

Every night Abigail wants to send me a video saying "good night grandma have a good night"
she is so cute

Chilly today woke up all congested hoping I am not getting a cold!!

Sharon... did these nightmares start when Elise started school??? Hope you are feeling better
Poor little one she has to be exhausted.

Shelly... It must be cold up in the mountains

Joy.. when are you leaving for vacation?? Is this the 28 day cruise??

Well last night I said I have to start making these 2 Thanksgiving cards this way I have a clear head and want to get back to scrapping so far behind. So I took out my Artiste cart and made the double scallop card (like Halloween) and now just need to embellish it. I cut out the turkey stamped it and quick and simple. I am a Cricut girl at heart.

Hoping everyone has a great day and happy crafting