Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
GracefulGrammar Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 9:26:21 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1802 time(s) in 857 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
Well, none of my original complaints have been addressed so my opinion hasn't changed much. I enjoy the machine but I would enjoy it so much more with a few simple improvements.

-let me cut the mat I want without having to go through all the mats
-let me choose what size paper I will be using before the software puts cuts on mats
-give me simple alignment tools
-give me an offset feature
-get the font drop down and font selection working without glitches

ETA:
-put basic drawing tools (squares, circles, etc) close at hand (I suggest they and the line/score line be the first images that come up in Insert Image)

As usual, an excellent contribution to the topic. Thank you, JS :-)
Cricutgirlg Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 1:48:32 PM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 425 time(s) in 302 post(s)
The upgrades and setup had been a disaster for me, since I am on a MAC. Matt H. has been wonderful Kalsey K. was terrific today, but others have been laking with follow up and follow through. I love my machine when I am able to use it, but I've been locked out too many times to be objective. I'm still hopeful, but I'm worried. I sold the competitor and it looks like I my need to buy it again. I hope not. Software is a big issue and MAC problems have me biting my nails.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#33 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 4:36:00 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: Cricutgirlg Go to Quoted Post
The upgrades and setup had been a disaster for me, since I am on a MAC. Matt H. has been wonderful Kalsey K. was terrific today, but others have been laking with follow up and follow through. I love my machine when I am able to use it, but I've been locked out too many times to be objective. I'm still hopeful, but I'm worried. I sold the competitor and it looks like I my need to buy it again. I hope not. Software is a big issue and MAC problems have me biting my nails.

CGirl? Has it been the same process each time? If this is monthly, can you master it yourself? If you write down the steps Customer Service has you go through, I will be happy to walk you through it via the phone and help you learn the process. I wish it wasn't necessary at all, but it has been for the 3 updates, so I would be happy to help you get up and running, rather then you waiting for days after every update? You didn't happen to write the process down this time did you? Or could you have PC email you the steps? You and I can see if we can make it easier for you?
Happishay Offline
#34 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 11:35:33 PM(UTC)
Happishay

Was thanked: 229 time(s) in 155 post(s)
I think we should be able to choose any size paper we have on the mat and ALSO choose fit to size!!! I would also like to keep the multi mat feature or have a button that allows us to turn it off and fit to only one mat, enabling us to save time and not having to convert all the layers to on color. Just a few tweeks in addition to some features you Cricuteers are sugesting!!BigGrin BigGrin Cool
nancyh Offline
#35 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 7:02:58 AM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 637 time(s) in 476 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
They need to have more "writing style" fonts so we don't need to use our system fonts because using system fonts slows things way way down. Text boxes should be treated as text boxes, meaning we can use different fonts or different sizes in the same text box.

Just some thoughts.

I agree! I had to make about 3 different text boxes when I was doing a design for an iron on t-shirt. I wish we could change the text size and font all in the same box.

Also
1. A shadow feature would be AWESOME.
2. let me choose which mat I want to cut just by clicking on the mat I want to cut.
3. an Alignment feature...it's tedious using the XY coordinates.
4 fix the bugs with system fonts

There's more I just can't think of them right now. Flapper

3 users thanked nancyh for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 5/17/2014(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 5/17/2014(UTC), go-go on 5/17/2014(UTC)
CeciliaShigaya Offline
#36 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:59:54 AM(UTC)
CeciliaShigaya

Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
This is a common misconception people have about Design Space. The area where you are designing is NOT a mat screen. It really has no relation to a cutting mat whatsoever. Think of it as a desktop where you have all your scrapping elements spread out and are placing them on your layout or card.

When you hit GO, you are moving to mat screens. Design Space divides up all the layers of your images and places them on cutting mats by color.

If you want your design screen to function as a mat screen, you need to make all your layers the same color, arrange them on a 12x12 Canvas leaving a small border around the edge, and then Attach them together. Then when you hit GO your mat screen will look like your design screen.

In my opinion, this design screen v. mat screen and the color sync feature is the best thing about Design Space. It just takes some getting used to.

Thanks for this clarification. I am spending all weekend watching youtube vids and learning all about Design Space with my new Explore. The way you just explained this makes sense. Thanks!
go-go Offline
#37 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 9:05:32 AM(UTC)
go-go

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1707 time(s) in 706 post(s)
I am surprised nobody has mentioned the score line. I have the hardest time setting the score line accurately. I wish we could lock down one end, then adjust the other. That would make it SO quick and easy! I had to put the score line on an image at an angle. I didn't know the angle, so I just had to guess. It isn't easy to do with the rotate "button." It took me forever to get it right.
Margo
 1 user thanked go-go for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/17/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#38 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 4:04:14 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: go-go Go to Quoted Post
I am surprised nobody has mentioned the score line. I have the hardest time setting the score line accurately. I wish we could lock down one end, then adjust the other. That would make it SO quick and easy! I had to put the score line on an image at an angle. I didn't know the angle, so I just had to guess. It isn't easy to do with the rotate "button." It took me forever to get it right.
Margo

Thanks for the reminder, Margo. I didn't put the scoreline in my list because it wasn't as buggy as it had been....... but when i saw your comment here, I went back and tested the scoreline........... buggy again....... I did have better results when i resized it by click/dragging and when I unlocked proportion before changing the length. Resizing the scoreline by adding to the length in the edit dialog box made it completely disappear. Grrrrrr, the scoreline is a tool I use all the time and one of the reasons I like the Explore so very much. Even though the scoreline is very light, it's so much better than perfs for folds. If PC can't get the scoreline fixed, I might as well use any of my other cutters unless i am cutting cartridge images.

Thanks for the reminder, Margo.
CricketCMV Offline
#39 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 7:39:10 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8000 time(s) in 4676 post(s)
Originally Posted by: go-go Go to Quoted Post
Margo

I think the score line is working much better now. I position the stable end of the score line at the far end where I want it on an image. Then, I go to the other end to pull it all the way to the other side of where I want it.

To me, it is much easier to move around now.

Once you click on it, you can't let up on the mouse before you start moving the score line to where you want it. The moment you unclick, you have lost the ability to move the line. I usually click on it in the MIDDLE of the score line and move it that way.

I also like using the ROTATE much better now. At least, if you are moving it 90/180/270/360 degrees, you are able to get it straight when you move it on those angles. It might be harder if you're going somewhere else between those specific angles, though.

Char
GracefulGrammar Offline
#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:38:37 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Last night's outage of DeSpace with absolutely no communication from Provo Craft.... The system just shut down and wasn't back up until the early this morning. PC didn't post an advanced warning if this was planned maintenance. PC didn't communicate if it was a technical problem. Hours of no connection and no communication!

Edited by user Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:26:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GracefulGrammar attached the following image(s):
Failed.jpg
CricketCMV Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:02:25 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8000 time(s) in 4676 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Last night's outage of DeSpace with absolutely no communication from Provo Craft.... The system just shut down and wasn't back up until the early this morning. PC didn't post an advanced warning if this was planned maintenance. PC didn't communicate if it was a technical problem. Hours of no connection and no communication!

Sure hope they're not going to do that every night!!!!

Even if it was not ProvoCraft's issue....they should come on here and tell us what was going on (within reason) or tell us they had no idea what the issues were!. There was nowhere else I was going on my computer (went to three or four other websites during the course of the few hours I was on the computer and did not have any issues on those websites!!!!)!

Char
bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab Offline
#42 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:04:33 PM(UTC)
bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
My only complaint is the lack of speed settings. I love how quiet it is, the dual head, and the accuracy. If you have a lot to cut or draw out, it takes forever. DS screwing up as often as it does isn't going to make for sales either. I do like some of the software features but I find myself using 3rd party software as it's faster and easier. If you have a Mac, things get wonky as well, but CS has walked me through the issues. There's a small part of me that wants to sell the machine but by the time you add shipping, a box and fleabay or Amazon.com fees, you might as well give it away because you can buy one cheaper.